PDA

View Full Version : Most Improved Player for the 09/10 NBA Season predictions.

MaNu4Tres
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Here's mine only because he's in his contract year.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/91224863/National-Basketball-Association

PDXSpursFan
10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Greg Oden. Book it.

Pistons < Spurs
10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
My top 10 for MIP

Eric Gordon
Yi JianLian
Chris Douglas Roberts
Roy Hibbert
Greg Oden
Jason Thompson
Deandre Jordan
Anthony Randolph
Javale Mcgee
Aaron Brooks

JamStone
10-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Anthony Randolph will average around 18 ppg, 8 rpg, and 5 apg and walk away with it.

edit: other possible candidates I think could be Tyrus Thomas and JR Smith. With Ben Gordon gone, I think Tyrus could really breakout offensively. And JR Smith in the starting line-up could mean a 20 ppg season for him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Nash's pending car accident will lead to Goran "White Magic" Dragic winning it.

mountainballer
10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Rajon Rondo.

Thunder Dan
10-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Wally Szerbiak

MaNu4Tres
10-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I was joking about my choice btw.

redzero
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Nash's pending car accident will lead to Goran "White Magic" Dragic winning it.

Yeah, "accident."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah, "accident."

It'll basically karma for being such a phony.

jazzypimp
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
It'll basically karma for being such a phony.

How dare you hex the GREAT stevey NASH!!

DPG21920
10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
My top 10 for MIP

Eric Gordon
Yi JianLian
Chris Douglas Roberts
Roy Hibbert
Greg Oden
Jason Thompson
Deandre Jordan
Anthony Randolph
Javale Mcgee
Aaron Brooks

I know it was Gordon's first year in the league, but I honestly don't think he can improve statistically that much. He was playing a ton of minutes last year because of injuries. His team now is healthy and they have a #1 draft pick playing. I think you might see his scoring go up a a little (maybe from 16 to 19), but that is all.

I agree with Hibbert, Oden and Randolph

Anthony Randolph will average around 18 ppg, 8 rpg, and 5 apg and walk away with it.

edit: other possible candidates I think could be Tyrus Thomas and JR Smith. With Ben Gordon gone, I think Tyrus could really breakout offensively. And JR Smith in the starting line-up could mean a 20 ppg season for him.

You think Randolph will average 5 assists? Or is that tongue-in-cheek? Karl said JR might not be starting for the same reasons he has never had him starting: he wants a defensive minded player out there.

Rip-Hamilton32
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Randolph

picnroll
10-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Randolph

JamStone
10-06-2009, 01:23 PM
You think Randolph will average 5 assists? Or is that tongue-in-cheek? Karl said JR might not be starting for the same reasons he has never had him starting: he wants a defensive minded player out there.

Not tongue in cheek at all. When the backcourt is made up of score-first players, someone else needs to help initiate the offense. Stephen Jackson will probably be the main guy, but I don't think it's all that unlikely that Randolph share some of the responsibility in creating scoring opportunities for his teammates, especially if he gets the minutes and the touches many of expect him to get this season. And if S-Jax gets traded, it will be even more likely he gets a high assist total.

I wasn't aware that JR might come off the bench again. Last time I read anything about it, it said he was pegged in as a starter for this upcoming season.

DPG21920
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Not tongue in cheek at all. When the backcourt is made up of score-first players, someone else needs to help initiate the offense. Stephen Jackson will probably be the main guy, but I don't think it's all that unlikely that Randolph share some of the responsibility in creating scoring opportunities for his teammates, especially if he gets the minutes and the touches many of expect him to get this season. And if S-Jax gets traded, it will be even more likely he gets a high assist total.

I wasn't aware that JR might come off the bench again. Last time I read anything about it, it said he was pegged in as a starter for this upcoming season.

Interesting. I don't agree with the assist numbers, but we will see.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2009/09/28/j-r-smith-starting-not-so-fast/

aybe J.R. Smith will start. Maybe he won’t.

This was never a clear-cut decision. Even should be in the eyes of Smith’s biggest fans, it isn’t with the person who matters most – his coach.

And this is what Nuggets coach George Karl says on the subject of inserting J.R. Smith into the starting lineup this season: “I’ve never said that J.R is gonna start. I said that we would go to that avenue, that’s the next step for J.R. My general thought is I think we’re more into keeping the bench together. And the bench being Chris (Andersen), (Anthony Carter) and J.R., and messing with the starting lineup (rather) than messing with both.”

Allanon
10-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Bynum will make the All-Star game this year and be a MIP candidate.

Rip-Hamilton32
10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
changing my pick to Beasley

mogrovejo
10-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Raymond Felton

Brandon Rush

Louis Williams

Kevin Love

Luis Scola

Josh Boone

Danilo Gallinari

Spencer Hawes

Corey Brewer

by this order

Brazil
10-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Ariza ?

Luis scola can be a candidate, he is going to have a lot of job without yao.
A. Randolph is my favorite

Pistons < Spurs
10-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Louis Williams

Good call.

I forgot all about Lou Williams. He'll definitely have alot more opportunity now that Miller is gone.

DAF86
10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Either Aaron Brooks or Luis Scola, at least one of those two will have to play at a "borderline All-star" level.