PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu vaccination

Fabbs
10-06-2009, 09:54 AM
good medicine or botched govt hype?

*editors note i neither affirm or deny the below Doc Mercola.

Friend says Doc Mercola exposes/informs:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/04/29/Swine-Flu.aspx
This is NOT the First Swine Flu Panic

My guess is that you can expect to see a lot of panic over this issue in the near future. But the key is to remain calm -- this isn't the first time the public has been warned about swine flu. The last time was in 1976, right before I entered medical school and I remember it very clearly. It resulted in the massive swine flu vaccine campaign.

Do you happen to recall the result of this massive campaign?

Within a few months, claims totaling $1.3 billion had been filed by victims who had suffered paralysis from the vaccine. The vaccine was also blamed for 25 deaths.

However, several hundred people developed crippling Guillain-Barré Syndrome after they were injected with the swine flu vaccine. Even healthy 20-year-olds ended up as paraplegics.

And the swine flu pandemic itself? It never materialized.

More People Died From the Swine Flu Vaccine than Swine Flu!

It is very difficult to forecast a pandemic, and a rash response can be extremely damaging.

To put things into perspective, malaria kills 3,000 people EVERY DAY, and it's considered "a health problem"... But of course, there are no fancy vaccines for malaria that can rake in billions of dollars in a short amount of time.

One Australian news source,3 for example, states that even a mild swine flu epidemic could lead to the deaths of 1.4 million people and would reduce economic growth by nearly $5 trillion dollars.

Give me a break, if this doesn't sound like the outlandish cries of the pandemic bird-flu I don't know what does. Do you remember when President Bush said two million Americans would die as a result of the bird flu?

In 2005, in 2006, 2007, and again in 2008, those fears were exposed as little more than a cruel hoax, designed to instill fear, and line the pocketbooks of various individuals and industry. I became so convinced by the evidence AGAINST the possibility of a bird flu pandemic that I wrote a New York Times bestselling book, The Bird Flu Hoax, all about the massive fraud involved with the epidemic that never happened.

JudynTX
10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I don't plan on getting this vaccine, heard too many "negative" things about it.

spursfan09
10-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah I won't get it either, even though my favorite backstreet boy was diagnosed with the swine flu :(

rjv
10-06-2009, 10:10 AM
at this point i have not been mandated to take it (i am in the health care field) and i am not going to take it voluntarily.

Sportcamper
10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
The article is very poorly written…O’l Doc Mercola sounds like a quack…

Pandemic simply means that the virus is everywhere…(You don’t predict what you already know)…:lol

Hundreds & thousands of people die from the common flu every year…To say that the vaccine brought on these deaths is an alarmist perspective….:wow

People that were around in the 70’s may already have some built up immunity to this current swine flu strain….People that were not born at this time probably do not have built up immunity to this current swine flu strain….That is why the vaccine is being offered to people in these age groups…

Millions & millions of people are exposed to the same virus & never get sick at all…

It’s always the person who smokes a pack of Marlboro & drinks a quart of tequila a day that complains of getting sick after receiving a flu shot….:whine :smokin :whine

PakiDan
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm gonna get it twice!

lefty
10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Swine flu = flu

TDMVPDPOY
10-06-2009, 12:11 PM
in australia its free :D

dunno if i should go get it....

Soul_Patch
10-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Just got an email today saying our insurance will cover it 100%...still undecided if i should get one for my 2 year old. Im not entirely worried about myself or my wife, but i dont want him getting sick.

alamo50
10-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna get it twice!

Ditto...and a regular one!

Bukefal
10-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Of course there is a bit of danger with this flu, but I think the most of it is just one big hype backed up by the media. Now it seems it wasnt so dangerous as they said in the beginning after all

Twisted_Dawg
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
WHen I was a child, I remember that Swine Flu of 1976. Everybody was "ordered" by the government to get a shot. A lady that lived next door got a shot and she got Guillain-Barré Syndrome. The right side of her face was paralyzed for like two years.

PuttPutt
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advisory_Committee_on_Immunization_Practices

these are the same people recommending swine flu shots

when you heard the CDC recommends something, they're talking about this committee

TDMVPDPOY
10-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Just got an email today saying our insurance will cover it 100%...still undecided if i should get one for my 2 year old. Im not entirely worried about myself or my wife, but i dont want him getting sick.

are you sure they have the vaccines for toddlers? cause down here they dont recommend ppl start getting there babies/toddlers/children under certain age to get it...just wait it out till the adult population ginue pigs results come out....

jaffies
10-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Australia is just finishing up their flu season.
I'm wondering if some of our fellow Aussie posters could tell us how it's going.

PuttPutt
10-07-2009, 12:01 AM
My family doctor advised my family not to get it. He said to get the regular flu shot, but not swine flu.
He told us to keep hand sanitizer with us. Use it after our outings like the grocery store, public places, & most of all after reading a menu at a restaraunt. He also told us to take 1000mg vitamin C per day & 250mg for my 3 year old.

TDMVPDPOY
10-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Australia is just finishing up their flu season.
I'm wondering if some of our fellow Aussie posters could tell us how it's going.

i already ask a few of my asian friends whose familys all gone to get it since it was free ....lol if it werent free im sure none wouldve gotten the swine flu vaccine shot...

regular flu shot is still around AUS$65bucks to get it....