PDA

View Full Version : Lakers new starting 5!

TheMACHINE
10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/20...y-night/22861/

According to Kevin Ding, its gonna be:

Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Odom
Gasol

Sweet! :toast

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Shaved!:toast

DPG21920
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Bynum on the bench? Will he be ok with that? Could work out well having Bynum go against second units and getting more shots. If Bynum wants more touches on offense, coming off of the bench is the way to get that.

I just wonder if he will be happy knowing he won't be in during crunch time. Again.

jazzypimp
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Shaved!:toast

Die!:toast

IronMexican
10-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I hate when people post shit like this in Other Sports.

No Bynum sounds good. He might eventually work his way up.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Jackson has Bynum starting in the doghouse. Starting Odom also is a stop gap for the loss of Ariza's quickness.

Artest will be absolutely adorable in the starting five.

It would be nice at some juncture to see Odom/Bynum/Gasol starting across the front, but, Jackson is too gd stubborn to ever grant it.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Bynum on the bench? Will he be ok with that?

He'll be flat-earred, but, we'll see if he sulks, or, as Kobe admonished him in the Finals: "get your fucking head in the game!"

DPG21920
10-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Well there were really no questions about Kobe/Artest/Pau starting. Fisher was somewhat of a question and if Brown or Farmar take a step forward they could replace Fisher in the starting line up.

The only real question is Bynum vs Odom. I think it could work out well if Bynum really supports this.

Bynum wants offensive touches. Having Kobe/Pau/Artest in the starting unit gives the Lakers almost 3 number 1 offensive options. Putting Bynum in there instead of Odom would take shots away from 1 of the 3. Putting Odom in there allows for Artest to get enough shots to be happy and allows for Bynum to get all the touches he wants with the second unit.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Putting Odom in there allows for Artest to get enough shots to be happy and allows for Bynum to get all the touches he wants with the second unit.

Getting Artest to take shots with Kobe pacing the weak side, eyeballing across may be a concern. Radmo couldn't face it.

Ditty
10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
this starting 5 wouldnt be able to keep up with the spurs

DaDakota
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
The Lakers are done.

DD

The_Game
10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
this starting 5 wouldnt be able to keep up with the spurs

:rollin:rollin

Killakobe81
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
When you are the defending champs you let others worry how they will matchup NOT the other way around. Sour fans should know that better than most on here ...

Ditty
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
When you are the defending champs you let others worry how they will matchup NOT the other way around. Sour fans should know that better than most on here ...

sour lol

the spurs new team will bury this new lakers team guarnteed nothing but fluke shots saved the lakers last year and boston will demolish the lakers again

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Damn. People can't read.

Jackson, you know by now, puts a lot more stock in who finishes games (Odom) than who starts them (Bynum, presumably), and the coach reiterated that Odom gives the Lakers a lot of familiarity and “non-verbal” teamwork, especially on defense, even as much as Bynum wishes to crack that regular late-game rotation. Jackson likes how “mobile and agile” the Lakers are in late-game pick-and-roll or dribble-penetration opponents when Odom is out there with Gasol.

Phil has said thats the best lineup but it doesn't mean it will be the starting lineup. I'd bet anything Bynum is starting. Not only does Odom fit the 6th man role well, it keeps Pau from taking a pounding.

If healthy, Bynum starts.

mingus
10-06-2009, 12:27 PM
this is great news for the Spurs.

Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Richard Jefferson will be able to penetrate that frontcourt more times in a game than Jenna Jameson has been penetrated in her career.

Ditty
10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
this is great news for the Spurs.

Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Richard Jefferson will be able to penetrate that frontcourt more times in a game than Jenna Jameson has been penetrated in her career.
:lol:lol

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Or from Ding today

What it means that Bynum’s MCL is “still loose” and what he intends to break out this season
October 6th, 2009, 8:03 am · 2 Comments · posted by KEVIN DING, OCREGISTER.COM

Andrew Bynum didn’t have to say it for anyone to know it, but he did say it again Monday.

“I expect to be out there at the end of the game. I expect to be able to block shots and put the ball in the basket at the end of games.”

Bynum has longed for crunchtime minutes for the past two seasons (when he has been healthy), so it follows that he believes he’s more ready than ever. Phil Jackson said Bynum will get some late-game chances, one way or another, but was clear that he needs some convincing that Bynum can do more and be comparably dependable as Lamar Odom or Pau Gasol.

Bynum is fully prepared to put his best foot forward — even if it is connected to a right knee locked up in that bulky brace — and I am sold that you will see improvements in his explosiveness on offense and pick-and-roll coverage on defense, his specific areas of emphasis in offseason workouts. Those upgrades were revealed in my extended Bynum column that also details how he is inherently an injury risk because he has ligamentous laxity and absolutely does need that brace.

There’s one more thing Bynum and his personal trainer, Sean Zarzana, really emphasized going into this season. However, I’m going to make you sign up to follow me on Twitter to read about that one. I’ll be tweeting this season — not a ton during training camp, but definitely plenty during the regular season and postseason — so expect fresh, additional notes and a lot of the fun stuff from me that way. Hope to see you over there.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/10/06/what-it-means-that-bynums-mcl-is-still-loose-and-what-he-intends-to-break-out-this-season/22881/

Bynum is a starter. Odom, the guy Buss was willing to let walk, is the valuable 6th man.

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Can't stand uneducated fans. The Machine, IronMexican, Culburn - you should be better than that.

mingus - Agree completely. No Bynum with Fisher starting is a green light for PGs especially to attack the basket. It also means Pau is having to pound in the paint, which wears him down as well.

I'm not worried about it happening but some fans get too caught up with scoring and not about the other end of the floor.

TheMACHINE
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Can't stand uneducated fans. The Machine, IronMexican, Culburn - you should be better than that.

mingus - Agree completely. No Bynum with Fisher starting is a green light for PGs especially to attack the basket. It also means Pau is having to pound in the paint, which wears him down as well.

I'm not worried about it happening but some fans get too caught up with scoring and not about the other end of the floor.

I like Odom off the bench..im just passing the info along..SHEESH! =P :bang

IronMexican
10-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Lol, I just saw the rotation and posted.

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Machine - I'm probably just senstive since I've been arguing with fools who believe that talk. More from Ding on Bynum today.

And he can still rock the world with it, too.

He showed that Saturday night in the Lakers’ intrasquad scrimmage, even though he was on the losing second unit. (Has he lost his starting job? Relax and consider that DJ Mbenga is nursing a hip problem and the only way to scrimmage reasonably was to put centers Pau Gasol and Bynum on different teams.)

From the edge of the free-throw line, Bynum roared toward the basket in the scrimmage, took two dribbles and delivered the sort of moment that might get Dirk Nowitzki sweating the security of his No. 7 spot on that per-minute NBA productivity chart for this season.

“Spectacular play,” said Phil Jackson, an old-timer you know by now is not easily impressed when it comes to this young-timer.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bynum-zarzana-knee-2595193-brace-lakers

Samr
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Having Kobe/Pau/Artest in the starting unit gives the Lakers almost 3 number 1 offensive options.

See, Laker fans -- this is why Spurs fans believe we're the favorite.

Parker, Manu, RJ, Duncan are all number one options, or have been at some point in their careers.

No one can argue Parker and Duncan aren't first options. Manu was the number one option on the gold medal winning Argentina team. RJ was the number one with the Bucks.

IronMexican
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM

Parker, Manu, RJ, Duncan are all number one options, or have been at some point in their careers.

No one can argue Parker and Duncan aren't first options. Manu was the number one option on the gold medal winning Argentina team. RJ was the number one with the Bucks.

rofl

Artest, RJ and Manu aren't #1 options. If they were #1 options at any point in their career's, those teams they were on must have sucked.

TheMACHINE
10-06-2009, 12:45 PM

if you want to be the favorite, you can. Dont matter to me...you guys were the favorite after every championship you got. We saw what happened there.

redzero
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
The Lakers will still bitch slap the Spurs. Don't kid yourselves, Spur fans.

DPG21920
10-06-2009, 12:50 PM
rofl

Artest, RJ and Manu aren't #1 options. If they were #1 options at any point in their career's, those teams they were on must have sucked.

So than neither is Pau, because his team sucked balls when he was a number 1 option.

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
So than neither is Pau, because his team sucked balls when he was a number 1 option.

Back to back 50+ win seasons and playoff berths with no other All-Star around him is sucking?

DPG21920
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Going:

23-59
28-54
50-32
45-37
49-33
22-60
22-60 (even though he left after 39 games)

Along with no playoff wins is sucking. Where are the back-to-back 50 win seasons?

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Ahh. 50, 45, 49. It was close.

Doesn't matter. The run of consecutive seasons as only team to 16 has begun.

NRHector
10-06-2009, 01:24 PM
The Lakers will still bitch slap the Spurs. Don't kid yourselves, Spur fans.and the Spurs will dick slap the hornets with the second unit:toast

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Lol, I just saw the rotation and posted.

Ditto.

redzero
10-06-2009, 01:36 PM
and the Spurs will dick slap the hornets with the second unit:toast

Yeah, like they did last year against a Peja-less, Chandler-less Hornets team.

Also, you didn't even address my post. Cool ad hominem, bro.

rayray2k8
10-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Damn.. Must suck to be a hornets fan. :lol

Spursmania
10-06-2009, 01:45 PM
The Lakers will still bitch slap the Spurs. Don't kid yourselves, Spur fans.

:lmao Bitch slap? get serious...

redzero
10-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Damn.. Must suck to be a hornets fan. :lol

Does it matter? Both the Hornets and the Spurs would lose to the Lakers in a seven game series. Neither team is winning a championship any time soon.

NRHector
10-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, like they did last year against a Peja-less, Chandler-less Hornets team.

Also, you didn't even address my post. Cool ad hominem, bro.that was last year and if that is your excuse the Spurs did not win the championship because they were Manu-less:flag:

redzero
10-06-2009, 01:51 PM
that was last year and if that is your excuse the Spurs did not win the championship because they were Manu-less:flag:

My excuse for what? The Spurs with Manu lost to a Hornets team without James Posey, Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic.

NRHector
10-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Does it matter? Both the Hornets and the Spurs would lose to the Lakers in a seven game series. Neither team is winning a championship any time soon.you can say that about your team but the Spurs have a goal every year and so far they have been successful 4 times, that is not a way to support your team the season hasn't started yet and you are already given up on your team, are you a bandwagoner?:flag:

redzero
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
you can say that about your team but the Spurs have a goal every year and so far they have been successful 4 times, that is not a way to support your team the season hasn't started yet and you are already given up on your team, are you a bandwagoner?:flag:

Why the hell would I bandwagon a team I didn't think had a chance at the title?

Every team has championship aspirations, but that doesn't mean every team is in the race to winning one. The Lakers are just better than the Spurs, and have no problem taking care of them. That's a fact. Unless somebody goes down, there is no team in the West that can stop the Lakers.

NRHector
10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Why the hell would I bandwagon a team I didn't think had a chance at the title?

Every team has championship aspirations, but that doesn't mean every team is in the race to winning one. The Lakers are just better than the Spurs, and have no problem taking care of them. That's a fact. Unless somebody goes down, there is no team in the West that can stop the Lakers.well that's your opinion and I respect that but don't judge the Spurs because they have a better chance than the Hornets we just have to wait until the end of the season and is a long season.

redzero
10-06-2009, 02:09 PM
well that's your opinion and I respect that but don't judge the Spurs because they have a better chance than the Hornets we just have to wait until the end of the season and is a long season.

Actually, judging teams is what the NBA forum was meant for. No chance is what the Spurs have. Losing in six is no different from losing in five.

duncan228
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Bynum update (http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_13493374#)

Bynum's four-year, $58 million contract extension kicks in this season, and if he's feeling any pressure to live up to the expectations that come with such a hefty deal he wasn't about to reveal it to reporters.

"If anything it relieves the pressure," he said. "I don't have to worry about anything, just come here and play. Work hard, play basketball and that's it. I feel good. I've got my timing back. I'm catching lobs again. I've got my legs back under me."

Bynum suffered knee injuries in each of the past two seasons and must wear a brace on his right knee for the rest of his career. He injured his right knee when Bryant tumbled into him during a game Jan. 31 against the Memphis Grizzlies.

"I have to stick with my brace for the rest of my career," he said. "It's a must. That's what the doctor said. The ligament is healed, but it's still loose."

Bynum decided against wearing a brace on his left knee, which he injured Jan. 13, 2008, against the Grizzlies. He said he tried wearing a second brace for a while during the offseason, but found it was causing more trouble than it was worth.

Big man, big goal

Bynum said last season he set a goal of playing in the All-Star Game. He said he might have made it, too, if not for the knee injury.

He said at the start of training camp his goal was to play in the All-Star Game this season. He said it again Monday.

"My biggest goal this season is to be part of the All-Star team," Bynum said. "That's my big, personal goal. My team goal is to play (strong) defense and help us win another championship."

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 02:21 PM
[[[Bynum suffered knee injuries in each of the past two seasons and must wear a brace on his right knee for the rest of his career.

"I have to stick with my brace for the rest of my career," he said. "It's a must. That's what the doctor said. The ligament is healed, but it's still loose."]]]

First time I recall seeing it "said out loud" like this. Grim business.

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 02:28 PM
More details here

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bynum-zarzana-knee-2595193-brace-lakers

About that “if,” though … Bynum said Monday his MCL is healed but “still loose.” Zarzana described the ligament as remaining “overstretched,” although he said it’s “not in any danger of rupture.”

Zarzana acknowledged Bynum having more inherent laxity but wrote it off as a product of his height, saying: “People are built differently.” Zarzana said he puts Bynum through such
challenging workouts on the track, in the weight room and on the court for six weeks each summer that he can’t really agree with Lakers trainer Gary Vitti’s assessment of Bynum’s stilted build after the 2008 knee injury: “It makes him prone to this type of thing.”

Said Zarzana: “If he were predisposed because of biomechanical deficiencies or whatever it was, I think he could’ve been injured doing normal routine activities. And I push this guy like I can’t tell you.”

There’s no doubt that Bynum using Lamar Odom’s foot as a banana peel and then getting Tom Brady’d by Kobe Bryant in two January games against Memphis were freak incidents. For that reason, Bynum remains of the belief that he is not injury prone.

As much as the knee braces suggest a fundamental injury risk, Bynum’s willingness to don however many of them are necessary reflects his concrete determination to prove to
everyone that he can stay healthy.

As wary as the Lakers have been, they were undeterred in giving him $57 million over the next four years, starting with $12.5 million this season and believing that Zarzana’s “then” is now.

That’s why it’s must be clarified why Bynum is limiting himself with a brace some would say isn’t necessary: Not only does it affirm in his mind that he is safer – consider
also that Bynum hurt the same right knee as a pre-teen and again in 2004 – he truly is safer.

An overstretched ligament without proper elasticity doesn’t do its job of joint stabilization. A brace provides help there and thus can prevent the imbalances or compensations that bring forth other injuries – beyond the obvious prevention against a contact injury.

Bynum needs it, so he’s wearing it....

all_heart
10-06-2009, 02:45 PM
[[[Bynum suffered knee injuries in each of the past two seasons and must wear a brace on his right knee for the rest of his career.

"I have to stick with my brace for the rest of my career," he said. "It's a must. That's what the doctor said. The ligament is healed, but it's still loose."]]]

First time I recall seeing it "said out loud" like this. Grim business.

Doesn't sound nice, but only time will tell.. remember no excuses!:rolleyes

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Doesn't sound nice, but only time will tell.. remember no excuses!:rolleyes

Please. You ever find me posting an "excuses" cite it and I will disappear like a fart in the wind.

jazzypimp
10-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Please. You ever find me posting an "excuses" cite it and I will disappear like a fart in the wind.

You post excuses all the god damn time now disappear!

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
You post excuses all the god damn time now disappear!

No way, Jose'.

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
LakersReporter: Phil Jackson said he expected Bynum to start and Odom to continue to come off the bench.

duncan228
10-06-2009, 03:23 PM
On a side note, nice to see Kevin Ding back.

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM

No doubt. Best Laker writer and one of the best NBA coverage writers period.

With so many writers just giving the company line, he digs deeper and gets real stories.

Allanon
10-06-2009, 03:55 PM

I didn't even know Kevin Ding was gone in the first place, must have just been him taking the off-season off.

duncan228
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
No doubt. Best Laker writer and one of the best NBA coverage writers period.

With so many writers just giving the company line, he digs deeper and gets real stories.

I agree, he's one of the best.

I didn't even know Kevin Ding was gone in the first place, must have just been him taking the off-season off.

I was hoping it was just the summer off, but the good ones get scooped up nationally (Ludden). I wish Ding the best for his career, but on a selfish note I like having him in my local paper all season. I'm gald he's still here.

NRHector
10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
You post excuses all the god damn time now disappear!:lol

DAF86
10-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Fisher will be the 12th man by mid-season.

nevetslc
10-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Lakers Reporter Mike Trudell said this on his twitter page.

http://twitter.com/LakersReporter

Phil Jackson said he expected Bynum to start and Odom to continue to come off the bench.

mingus
10-06-2009, 05:53 PM
if i'm a Lakers' fan i'm worried about how Bynum handles this demotion, if in fact this is going to be the starting 5. his character is dubious and i've always had the feeling from him that he's a potential cancer. i'd be more worried about him than Ron, who i think people are blowing out of proportion in terms of his cancer potential.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 05:56 PM
First off is Bynum starting or not? That Ding guy says: "no"...Phil says: "yes."

KSeal
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
if i'm a Lakers' fan i'm worried about how Bynum handles this demotion, if in fact this is going to be the starting 5. his character is dubious and i've always had the feeling from him that he's a potential cancer. i'd be more worried about him than Ron, who i think people are blowing out of proportion in terms of his cancer potential.

:lmao Ron>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bynum as far as cancers go. Bynum is getting massively overpaid, Phil can use him which ever way he wants and Bynum needs to just shut the fuck up and be happy.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 06:06 PM
:lmao Ron>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bynum as far as cancers go. Bynum is getting massively overpaid, Phil can use him which ever way he wants and Bynum needs to just shut the fuck up and be happy.

I don't understand, Seal. Are you saying Ron or Bynum is the more malignant of the two cancers?

2Cleva
10-06-2009, 06:36 PM
First off is Bynum starting or not? That Ding guy says: "no"...Phil says: "yes."

Ding never said no.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I'd like to trade him and get something more dependable to begin with.

I mentioned that a week ago and I barely escaped with my life. Where is the outrage now? :blah

carrao45
10-06-2009, 07:02 PM
sour lol

the spurs new team will bury this new lakers team guarnteed nothing but fluke shots saved the lakers last year and boston will demolish the lakers again

The only way for Boston to demolish LA would be for LA to beat SA, which is likely. Fluke shots my ass

carrao45
10-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Manu has never been a #1 option. And Jefferson has never been a good #1 option

dallaskd
10-06-2009, 07:13 PM
laker fans talk as if their on the fucking team.

Culburn369
10-06-2009, 07:25 PM
laker fans talk as if their on the fucking team.

And that's the kind of fanage & team we have. We're very fortunate.

dallaskd
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
And that's the kind of fanage & team we have. We're very fortunate.

cAmoScMK_bo

Mvdgz-LsGKw

Congrats. Ron Artest will fit just right in with the fans.

Kobe™
10-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Knew it was just pure speculation, Phil pretty much confirmed today that the front court rotation would still be Andrew and Pau starting and LO coming off the bench
(which I prefer).

mingus
10-07-2009, 12:01 AM
the rumor talk is a lie. Phil actually was thinking about putting that starting five out there, then he checked this thread and realized it wouldn't be a good idea.

iggypop123
10-07-2009, 12:12 AM
la times said tomorrow bynum starts for the pre season game

crc21209
10-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Damn bringing Bynum off the bench? Don't know if he's gonna like that.....