PDA

View Full Version : Tinhat?

Winehole23
10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Former Marine Drew Malone Raines, great grandnephew of Major General Smedley Butler, discovered in July of this year that a Navy ship headed out of San Diego in late April of 2009 for Phukette, Thailand, had an emergency crisis at sea and had to return to port. All 347 members of the ship's crew were inoculated with the Swine flu vaccine three days before departing on April 21, 2009. By May 1, 2009 (about two weeks), 341 crew members came down with flu symptoms and approximately 260 of them had what was described as "very serious" flu symptoms. Two people died. About 50 medical personnel from another Navy ship, were brought on board to attend to the medical emergency and the ship was returned to port where it was quarantined. The wife of one of those seamen who had gotten very ill and nearly died, had reported the story to a group of Navy wives who were regular listeners to Drew Raines, A Marine's Disquisition, internet radio show, and they, in turn, reported the story to Drew Raines. Subsequently, the wives of every seaman on that ship were visited by Navy Intelligence and other Navy brass and told to keep their mouths shut and say nothing of the episode to anyone as the incident was now classified and subject to "national security" classification.http://educate-yourself.org/cn/poisoningamerica05oct09.shtml

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Phukette, Thailand

:lmao

Thats a joke, right?

Winehole23
10-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Nope. Phuket is real.

hope4dopes
10-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I've always seen it spelled phukat thailand a friend of mine said it was a quite pleasant mooring. a little wild.

Winehole23
10-06-2009, 12:37 PM
From the radio show that first reported it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JZhPtlXfHs

CosmicCowboy
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
pronounced Fuck it?

Winehole23
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Foo-ket, I think.

Nbadan
10-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Far as I've heard, this is folklore....any updates?

Winehole23
10-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Probably is.

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Nope. Phuket is real.
Yes, but I couldn't find a Navy port there. Did I give up too soon on my search?

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
OK, Phuket city is far inland. I followed Google Maps for the whole distance of the Phuket province. I say a few resorts and a yacht club, and only two peers for ships, but in the shallows. Not for a Navy ship.

Can someone please provide another source that's reliable for this, or I'm breaking out my Hastalloy hat.

boutons_deux
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
To paraphrase St Ronnie

Dear military people, "I'm from the Pentagon and I'm here to help you".

LnGrrrR
10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened, though I'm not saying it certainly did. The military is a good testing ground for new vaccines, as we have no say in the matter.

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened, though I'm not saying it certainly did. The military is a good testing ground for new vaccines, as we have no say in the matter.
Agreed, but the story doesn't seem right for some reason.

Is there a Phuket port for the Navy?

I couldn't find one.

LnGrrrR
10-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Agreed, but the story doesn't seem right for some reason.

I couldn't find one.

Don't know.

I mean, I think it's tinhat to think that they'd be experimenting on us, of course. If anything, it a was 'bad' batch of vaccine if the story turns out to be true.

I just wanted to point out why the story might not be as fantastical as it first sounds, because some of the civilians on here might not realize that the military pretty much has to take any shot they tell us we have to take.

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 03:13 PM

OK, the Island does have a port that holds the Navy:

Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group Arrives in Thailand for Port Visit (http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=48468)

I still have a hard time with the story at face value.

boutons_deux
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
"tinhat to think that they'd be experimenting on us"

Ask the guys with Gulf War Syndrome if their anthrax, etc vaccines were Good To Go?

We know BigPharma and their FDA enablers have killed and maimed 10s of 1000s of the non-military drug takers with "FDA-approved" shit.

boutons_deux
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
and ask the VN vets with early-onset and very aggressive prostate cancer how Agent Orange tasted.

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I mean, I think it's tinhat to think that they'd be experimenting on us, of course. If anything, it a was 'bad' batch of vaccine if the story turns out to be true.

I agree. The story cannot be as said. Maybe that many people did get sick, but a cover-up... Give me a break. That's beneath the military to cover something like that up.

LnGrrrR
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Ask the guys with Gulf War Syndrome if their anthrax, etc vaccines were Good To Go?

We know BigPharma and their FDA enablers have killed and maimed 10s of 1000s of the non-military drug takers with "FDA-approved" shit.

Yes, but the tinhat theory would assume that they knew those drugs were bad, and tested them on the military anyways to determine the effects. Giving us drugs that weren't completely tested wouldn't be tinhat.

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM

It's not a cover-up. There are unknown problems that they think they are starting to understand. It is also possibly lack or immunity to something natural over there.

What is your answer. Never release new medicines because there is no way to know?

symple19
10-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if this were true. I was stuck with so many shots before Korea and Iraq that I can't even remember them all. And you do have to take them regardless of whether you want them or not. The military has been a guinea pig before.

I'll bet this has the conspiracy theory people (like Alex Jones) all in a tizzy.

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if this were true. I was stuck with so many shots before Korea and Iraq that I can't even remember them all. And you do have to take them regardless of whether you want them or not. The military has been a guinea pig before.

I'll bet this has the conspiracy theory people (like Alex Jones) all in a tizzy.
Yes, I was given a whole shitload of shots in my military career as well, however, I don't believe any were with bad intent.

boutons_deux
10-07-2009, 03:25 PM
"Never release new medicines because there is no way to know"

your infinite faith in institutions like the military, BigPharma, and, horrors, FDA is touching.

I'd say "never release new medicines" unless

1) ALL the studies (good and bad outcomes) are published (BP suppresses bad outcomes)

2) done by non-BigPharma people

3) not paid for by BigPharma

BigPharma + captured FDA is a as totally corrupt as BigFinance and FED/Treasury/SEC

LnGrrrR
10-07-2009, 03:30 PM

your infinite faith in institutions like the military, BigPharma, and, horrors, FDA is touching.

I don't think I could continue to serve if I thought that soldiers were WILLING guinea pigs.

I also think the ability of pharma to look years into the future for complications is limited.

Finally, pharma needs SOMEONE to test on... :lol

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 03:46 PM

I'd say "never release new medicines" unless

1) ALL the studies (good and bad outcomes) are published (BP suppresses bad outcomes)

2) done by non-BigPharma people

3) not paid for by BigPharma

BigPharma + captured FDA is a as totally corrupt as BigFinance and FED/Treasury/SEC
There is oversight, and there is acceptable risk that is balanced between the pros and cons. Problem is, even when we try to do things right, we aren't perfect.

Now, I will agree to prosecuting executives in such industries that purposely doctor reports, misreporting risks.

I don't understand you. You complain about how expensive something is that costs billions already to bring to market, then you want to make it even more expensive.

Where is your balance in life?

symple19
10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes, I was given a whole shitload of shots in my military career as well, however, I don't believe any were with bad intent.

Nor do I. Just wanted to underline the fact that you have to take what they tell you to take.

This could be a BS report, I was simply saying that it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. I definitely don't believe the reasons behind giving these guys the vaccine, if true, were nefarious.

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Nor do I. Just wanted to underline the fact that you have to take what they tell you to take.

This could be a BS report, I was simply saying that it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. I definitely don't believe the reasons behind giving these guys the vaccine, if true, were nefarious.
I'll only worry if our politicians try to make it mandatory to inoculate the whole population. I haven't received an immunization since 1992, and I don't plan to.

PEP
10-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes, but the tinhat theory would assume that they knew those drugs were bad, and tested them on the military anyways to determine the effects. Giving us drugs that weren't completely tested wouldn't be tinhat.
Come on buttons, those Anthrax and other "shots" I received during Desert Storm didnt cause me any problems. I'm sure the reason I cant sleep at night or have these recurring "bumps" on my hands I got while in the desert were just normal illnesses that I never had before the shots.

From what I remember we had to sign a document before getting them since they hadn't been approved yet.

Wild Cobra
10-07-2009, 08:35 PM
From what I remember we had to sign a document before getting them since they hadn't been approved yet.
What if you didn't sign?

symple19
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
What if you didn't sign?

My guess would be some form of UCMJ...lol, gotta love the Army

PEP
10-07-2009, 08:51 PM
What if you didn't sign?
Who knows, I was a 18 year old back then and didnt even think of that at the time. They took us in small groups, there were only 4 of us at a time.

Laker Lanny
10-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't think I could continue to serve if I thought that soldiers were WILLING guinea pigs.

VA Still Using War Veterans As Guinea Pigs

http://www.thenhf.com/articles/articles_735/articles_735.htm

http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php?topic=6659.0;wap2
taP8hiCBh7M
4te0C4NT2H0

Alex Jones
10-07-2009, 10:17 PM
p8coDsyLzTo

boutons_deux
10-08-2009, 04:14 AM
WC, do you realized how contradictory are your positions of "I trust institutions and prioritize them over citizens" versus "I hate government".

There is no oversight of drug testing. It's done by BigPharma and rubber-stamped by captured FDA.

LnGrrrR
10-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Hmm interesting link Lanny. Although, even if I were faced with near-overwhelming evidence, in honesty I think I would just mentally block it out. In order to be in the military, you sometimes have to take things on faith... like the fact that they're trying to help you with flu shots and not use you as a guinea pig.

I know this is somewhat illogical, but I find it essential to keep that mindset for my mental well-being.