PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Congrats Spurs Fans, And Condolences

duncan228
10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Congrats Spurs fans, and condolences (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/10/congrats-spurs.html)
By Jeff McDonald

The good news: A majority of NBA general managers believe that, of all the teams in the league, the Spurs did the most to improve their stock this offseason.

The bad news: A majority of NBA general managers also apparently believe it was not enough for the Spurs to catch the Lakers, who have been tabbed as favorites to repeat as champions.

Those were two of the more interesting results from the annual GM survey conducted by NBA.com. You can play Family Feud with the answers to all 60 survey questions here (http://www.nba.com/news/features/gmsurvey.predictions/index.html).

Among other items of Spurs-related interest: The Spurs are considered shoo-ins to with the Southwest Division, 82.9 percent to 6.9 percent over Dallas; Tim Duncan was voted the best power forward in the game, and the second-best center; Gregg Popovich is considered the second-best coach overall behind Phil Jackson, but the best in the final two minutes of a close game.

The complete GM Survey results:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136184

HarlemHeat37
10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
the Lakers were going to be favorites either way, it doesn't matter who we acquired..that's how it goes..

ulosturedge
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
the Lakers were going to be favorites either way, it doesn't matter who we acquired..that's how it goes..

Quoted for truth.

all_heart
10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
It's really nothing new, it's fun to be the underdog anyway. That and all pressure is on LA to win!

rayray2k8
10-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Spurs love being the underdog, so no problem. ;)

DBMethos
10-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Things usually don't pan out for us when we're the favorites, so I like that.

Mark in Austin
10-06-2009, 03:08 PM
:lol @ Bonner making one of the lists...

SamoanTD
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
well i guess the spurs will just have 2 shock the world by taking out the ALL MIGHTY LAKERS lol get the fuk outta here lol

TIMMYD!
10-06-2009, 04:31 PM
I prefer being under the rader, less pressure.

TIMMYD!
10-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Now if the Lakers fuck up and lose, that's all they'll talk about for weeks.

Knoxxx
10-06-2009, 04:42 PM
The Lakers suck and are overrated, fuck them!

baseline bum
10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
LA should be the favorites: they're a known quantity and are bringing back virtually the same team, with a bit of an upgrade at the SF. As Spurs fans we have a lot of reasons to be excited for next year, but the new guys have to show and prove and Manu and Tim are big question marks healthwise this season.

callo1
10-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Lakers won, so they should be the team to beat no doubt, but pleeease, whats with all the myopic viewpoint on their championship last year, they were not a dominant team in the playoffs.

A Houston team missing their TWO most talented players took them to seven, and they didn't have to go through the defending champs due to other injuries...shoot, with the exception of a few bonehead plays by the Nuggets and Denver could have easily gone home up 2-0 in that series.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Not a surprise at all. In fact, I'm wondering who the Spurs could have acquired to become the favorites over LA. The Lakers are deep, they had a good offseason AND they're the defending champions. You take a roster that's already together over players that haven't been together every time. The only team I remember that's won a title the first year after big roster changes is the Celtics.

weebo
10-06-2009, 09:40 PM
The lakes are a great team and world champions. There is no way you could have it any other way. Having said that, the Spurs have enough firepower to at the very least make it tough on the lakes. In fact, it shouldn't surprise anyone if they beat them.