PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Rockets)

duncan228
10-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_091006.html)

Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the game - “One down and six to go.”
On DeJuan Blair - “I thought he hustled really well and he showed a real knack for the board.”

On George Hill - “George was my favorite player once again. Everyday he’s my favorite player and tonight he was my favorite player. He’s my favorite player in the day and in the night. He’s been doing some great stuff. He’s had huge improvements from last year in many different ways. He’s really been fun to watch.”

On when asked “As a coach how good was it to see Manu back on the court?” - “Well you don’t have to be a coach to appreciate Manu on the court. Everybody enjoys watching him play. No matter what your role might be in the building. He’s a great player and to have him back is wonderful for all of us.”

On Matt Bonner - “He’s more relaxed every year. He’s getting rid of the ball more quickly than he is ever has. He’s really playing more mature basketball.”

Manu Ginobili

On the game - "It feels really good to be back on the court and get the chance to play in front of our fans after the open scrimmage on Sunday. I am getting over some of the awkward, rusty parts of my game - it’s good to be playing with the rest of my teammates. It felt good to be back on the court. I am just getting confident with my game. I have been taking more 3-pointers than attacking but the rest will come with time."

On training camp - "We have been practicing for a little more than a week and we got to get used to playing with everyone. We are working on understanding how each of us play because that it what happens in training camp, familiarizing with each other."

On DeJuan’s big night - "He had a very impressive game. I am happy to see him getting used to the tempo of the NBA. He plays very hard. He is only 20 years old and getting to know exactly what Pop wants out of him. It’s my second game playing with him and he is working on his pick and rolls and screens. It’s only a matter of time – he is very promising."

DeJuan Blair

On the game - "I am getting better; I just need to take it one game at a time. It’s fun playing against the Rockets. I felt a little bit overwhelmed sometimes as I playing but I played hard and tried to get the best out of it and learning about confidence with teammates.

"I did what Coach Pop asked of me and that was to rebound. Everything else came after that. I didn’t do anything else. On my put backs I was just going for the ball, it didn’t matter as long as I played hard. I just have to put forth a lot of energy and rebound."

Rockets Head Coach Rick Adelman

On the game - “I thought it was a good game for us, it was good to see where we are as we did a good job pushing the ball in the first half. We had pretty good movements in the first half, second half I thought we really slowed down as we tried too much one-on-one. If we‘re going to be successful we have to have ball movement and player movement as that is what this is all about. Defensively, we did a decent job but we did give up some threes to Bonner in the first half, as those are just situations that we just have to get better at. Overall, I was pleased. ”

On fast break points mentality - “It‘s an attitude. I think once you start getting a little tired or they start getting a couple baskets, you still have to maintain that attitude. You may not get fast break points but you want to get the ball up the court in a hurry so we have plenty of time with the shot clock. So if you move the ball and move people, you’re going to get a good shot. You don‘t have to take quick shots, just good shots.”

On Chase Budinger’s performance - “He‘s just a really solid player, he‘s very good to come off quick and shoot the ball, like I‘ve said, he‘s just a solid player that would fit in whatever you do. He‘s been impressive during the whole training camp.”

On second quarter rebounding - “Yeah, that‘s going to be our problem. We know that we‘re small and we have to battle. The guys that had to guard someone that was a handful, they have to continue to battle to keep him off, as the rest of our guys cannot be spectators.”

Chase Budinger

On the game - “I had a lot of butterflies in my stomach coming into the game. The coaches were all being encouraging and telling me to just go out there and be aggressive and do what you do in practice and you’ll be fine. I was able to knock down my first shot and it gave me a little confidence.”

On being able to get the shots he normally does - “We’ve been working and working in practice and the big guys are setting great screens and getting me those open jump shots and I was able to knock them down. All credit to them.”

timvp
10-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Wonder if spursdotcom will have the video . . .

spursdotcom
10-07-2009, 12:39 AM
wonder no longer http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136224

:toast