PDA

View Full Version : Chase Budinger - 2nd round steal

DaDakota
10-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Man, this guy is good, he is like a young Brent Barry, or Peja, he moves so well off the ball and is a knock down shooter.

The Rockets got a future starting SG with the 44th pick.

WOW !

DD

lebomb
10-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Blair > Budinger

rjv
10-07-2009, 09:42 AM
appears to be a nice pick up, especially for a team that will probably have to rely on small ball quite a bit.

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 09:42 AM
GD, tlong, quit makin' these inane...oh, its you, Dakota...GD, Dakota, don't start makin' these inane threads.

DaDakota
10-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Blair > Budinger

I like Blair too, he is a beast......both Spurs and Rockets have great GMs.

DD

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM

DD

Doesn't Artest count against your GM, Dakota?

Doesn't Scola count against the Spurs GM, Dakota?

lebomb
10-07-2009, 09:51 AM

DD

Actually I like Budinger a lot. I wanted the Spurs to go after him in the draft. But we got Blair.........so Im still happy.

Rogue
10-07-2009, 10:01 AM

DD
Both teams still suck asses though. The Spurms just suck a lower level of asses, which doesn't make them inherently different than Rockets.

Spursmania
10-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Budinger has some offensive talent that's for sure. Good pick-up:toast

monosylab1k
10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Nick Calathes owns Chase Budinger

Spursmania
10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Both teams still suck asses though. The Spurms just suck a lower level of asses, which doesn't make them inherently different than Rockets.

Love the hate:lol

Rogue
10-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Nick Calathes owns Chase Budinger
To make it more vivid, it should be "Nick Calathes curbstomps the shit out of Chase Budinger" isn't it?

JamStone
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Very solid secound rounder. Has a lot of potential. He could end up like a James Jones type player, knock down shooting role player with versatility and athleticism. And might have even more potential than that.

monosylab1k
10-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Budinger had lottery level talent (he was even projected by Chad Ford to go in the top 10 at one point a couple years ago) but I guess he never really put it all together at Arizona. I was shocked he fell as far as he did.

Hemotivo
10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
he's better than tmac

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 10:53 AM
he's better than tmac

Uh, oh, here we go again. By God this time I'm cutin'/pastin'/scrapbookin' this shit because when tmac comes back and you lamers try and deny I'll have the goods.

lebomb
10-07-2009, 10:53 AM

:lmao ............... lets see?

Rockets - 2 championships
Spurs - 4 championships
Mavwicks -

monosylab1k
10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
The Spurs have 4 championships?

lebomb
10-07-2009, 10:57 AM

...............Yeah, I know. It hurts to look at. Sorry Mavsfan. :depressed

monosylab1k
10-07-2009, 10:57 AM
I literally don't remember any of those.

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 10:58 AM

In all candor they have 3 + that strike 1.

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I literally don't remember any of those.

Aside from Wallace turning his back on Horry they were all pretty unremarkable.

lebomb
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
+ that strike 1.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I guess no other teams in the league played that year hugh? :rolleyes

lebomb
10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Aside from Wallace turning his back on Horry they were all pretty unremarkable.

..............I guess LA and the rest SUCKED that much worse at the time. :toast

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 11:03 AM
..............I guess LA and the rest SUCKED that much worse at the time. :toast

Yes, you had a cakewalk.

lebomb
10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, you had a cakewalk.

We will take'm any way we can. :lobt2:

Culburn369
10-07-2009, 11:06 AM
We will take'm any way we can. :lobt2:

Ain't no disagreement there.

Ditty
10-07-2009, 12:00 PM
bundinger reminds me of a younger brent barry

IronMexican
10-07-2009, 12:04 PM
It's nice seeing the regular season faces back. This off-season was so much more boring than last season's. Maybe cause the Lakers already won it.

I even hate most of the rocketfans, and I am glad to see them.

djohn2oo8
10-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I was shocked to see him far that far too, looks to be a solid pickup

DaDakota
10-07-2009, 12:49 PM
It's nice seeing the regular season faces back. This off-season was so much more boring than last season's. Maybe cause the Lakers already won it.

I even hate most of the rocketfans, and I am glad to see them.

Kind of you to say, though sometimes folks on this site are a mite rude etc.

DD

Kai
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Props to Batkins at Clutchfans for capping this:

fXpqmANuTeg

IronMexican
10-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Kind of you to say, though sometimes folks on this site are a mite rude etc.

DD

You were one of the cool rocketfans. sook, Kaizokou(sp?), you, Franchise when it isn't the NFL forum, and that guy with the Battier avatar are all cool.

The Franchise
10-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Props to Batkins at Clutchfans for capping this:

fXpqmANuTeg

I love his quick trigger. He has no hesitation on his shot, and we will definitely need that this year.

DaDakota
10-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Listen to Bullard..."Wow"......

DD

pad300
10-07-2009, 02:14 PM
bundinger reminds me of a younger brent barry

Not really, sure they're both white, can shoot, and are pretty athletic...

but Budinger really isnt anywhere near the playmaker Barry was; remember Barry played some point for seattle, with Ray "Pussy" Allen at the SG.

Budinger certainly looks good, but he's not another Brent Barry. Maybe 1/100th of Larry Bird...Which is still good enough to make it in this league.

Many PackYao
10-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Chase kinda looks like Bird, but his play reminds me of Mike Miller. It's good that the Rockets finally get what seems a reliable shooter. All we need now is a defensive presence in the paint.

Rogue
10-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Chase kinda looks like Bird, but his play reminds me of Mike Miller. It's good that the Rockets finally get what seems a reliable shooter. All we need now is a defensive presence in the paint.
Mutombo's retired and the rest good defenders don't have even one of them who is so retarded as to choose joining a shitty team like what the Rockets would like to be. BTW you are an immigrant so please call up your mouth guard when your shitty words rise up into the shit-chewer through the gullet.

Many PackYao
10-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Mutombo's retired and the rest good defenders don't have even one of them who is so retarded as to choose joining a shitty team like what the Rockets would like to be. BTW you are an immigrant so please call up your mouth guard when your shitty words rise up into the shit-chewer through the gullet.
:rolleyes

Rogue
10-07-2009, 06:20 PM
:rolleyes: I suck
I censer. :toast

completely deck
10-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I love how Rockets fans don't have anything to say after seeing him against an actual starting 5 and not a third and fourth string team.

sook
10-07-2009, 09:21 PM
He might pan out to become a solid backup...as far as much of the optimism on this board goes...I'll hold off on my opinion for now, Its too early to make any conjectures.

JMarkJohns
10-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Budinger had lottery level talent (he was even projected by Chad Ford to go in the top 10 at one point a couple years ago) but I guess he never really put it all together at Arizona. I was shocked he fell as far as he did.

He was too passive. It hurt him. It went from not taking open shots early to not driving open lanes as he developed. There were amazing glimpses of his potential. But without that drive to stick it to opponents, his stock plummeted.

He went from Co-MVP with Kevin Durant of the McDonald's AA game to a middle second-round selection, despite three years at Arizona and career averages of roughly 17 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 apg and 1.2 spg on 46% FG, 38% 3-FG.

He's a poor mans Mike Miller. Not as big and not as strong, but very good spot-up shooter with good athleticism for a transition/motion offenses that could develop into a team's #3 option, but isn't someone with the mentality enough to be a go-to player for a team. He can hit a clutch shot, he's just going to do it off a play someone else initiated.

Shocked he fell to the second round, but, despite the potential he has and his ability to fill a stat sheet, you don't use lottery pick on potential 3rd options with a passive mentality.

Lars
10-07-2009, 11:28 PM
He looks built for our system, we'll see.

baseline bum
10-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Doesn't Artest count against your GM, Dakota?

Doesn't Scola count against the Spurs GM, Dakota?

Not as much as Shaq does against Kupchack.

The Franchise
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
This has nothing to do with Chase, but I wanted to let Rocket fans know Sergio Llull is playing against Utah on NBA TV, right now. So far he looks like he's going to be pretty nice when he makes it to the NBA. His defense was nice in the first quarter on Deron Williams, he can drive the lane well, and if you give him any space he will make you pay on his shot. I can't wait for him to come over. :clap

djohn2oo8
10-08-2009, 03:12 PM
102 free throws in one game? Iono about these replacment refs anymore....Anybody who watched the Rockets and Celtics last night, did you see when Brooks got a technical for loudmouthin at Rasheed Wallace?

sook
10-08-2009, 03:52 PM
102 free throws in one game? Iono about these replacment refs anymore....Anybody who watched the Rockets and Celtics last night, did you see when Brooks got a technical for loudmouthin at Rasheed Wallace?
cable was cutoff, but seriously?

The Cs have to be the team with the worst attitude. They already were but when you add rasheed into the picture....damn

Purple & Gold
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
This has nothing to do with Chase, but I wanted to let Rocket fans know Sergio Llull is playing against Utah on NBA TV, right now. So far he looks like he's going to be pretty nice when he makes it to the NBA. His defense was nice in the first quarter on Deron Williams, he can drive the lane well, and if you give him any space he will make you pay on his shot. I can't wait for him to come over. :clap

Sergio Llull will be a good player. Wish the Lakers would have drafted him.

Mark in Austin
10-26-2010, 02:50 PM
How has Budinger looked in the preseason? Any predictions for playing time this year?

hater
10-26-2010, 03:02 PM
How has Budinger looked in the preseason? Any predictions for playing time this year?

he has been raping motherfuckers.

except when Bonner shook his ass.

Budinger does not seem to fare well vs. other white boyz

Kai
10-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Hell yeah I love bud :hat

CAmTX9z_xWY

euGAeHxQr64

hU8VgL-vxco

6pg_1UhX__E

I've only seen 3 of our preseason games, but he's looked to be in midseason form. Still has freak athleticism, still hits 3s.

hater
10-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Jesus, Brandon Roy's D is shit

monosylab1k
10-26-2010, 04:02 PM
This off-season was so much more boring than last season's.

Is this the IronPedo way?

"Oh goddamn. Last season was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more boring this this offseason. I can't wait for some good stuff to be posted. I'm going to listen to more shitty 'indie' music and scoff the mainstream and God with redzero for about six hours"

noob cake
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM

12.1 PPG on 50/43/86% shooting in 24 minutes. Freakishly athletic for a white boy and all world shooter.

If he gets like a solid 8-10 PPG on 48/40/85% shooting in ~20 minutes this year, I would be ecstatic. Total steal in the second round, same goes for Blair.

Tmac&Luther
10-26-2010, 06:20 PM
he has been raping motherfuckers.

except when Bonner shook his ass.

Budinger does not seem to fare well vs. other white boyz

??? The guy shot 62% from the field against the Spurs this preseason.

In his second season Budinger is already >> than Bonner. He can do alot more than just shoot spot up 3s.

Anyways as far as predictions for this season.......our bench is going to rape teams this year and Budinger will be a big part of that. Our bench can beat some other teams' starters. We'll be able to erase deficits and build leads when our bench comes in.

noob cake
10-26-2010, 06:57 PM
??? The guy shot 62% from the field against the Spurs this preseason.

In his second season Budinger is already >> than Bonner. He can do alot more than just shoot spot up 3s.

Anyways as far as predictions for this season.......our bench is going to rape teams this year and Budinger will be a big part of that. Our bench can beat some other teams' starters. We'll be able to erase deficits and build leads when our bench comes in.

Sad but true, our starter gives up more point than they score sometimes, actually most of the time. You should know why....(hint hint it starts with b)

Tmac&Luther
10-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Sad but true, our starter gives up more point than they score sometimes, actually most of the time. You should know why....(hint hint it starts with b)

LOL, When did Martin change his last name?

I'm not going to get into this with you this year......I already moved on. A borderline HOF head coach agrees that Brooks is the starter and that's all I need.

Adelman wakes up and takes a shit that has more basketball knowledge than the both of us and even he agrees that Brooks is a better player (as well does the entire NBA when they awarded him the MIP award)...and that's well than good enough for me.

Honestly I'm kind of glad Lowry is hurt, because I think Smith can be a better player and if Smith can develop a jumpshot not only will he be better than Lowry, he'll be better than Brooks also. (Believe it or not, non Rocket fans...he might be even faster than Brooks) If you're so hung up on backup passing PGs than you need to change your avatar, because Ishmael Smith is the best passer on this team and even showed he can feed Yao in the post....which is what you love.

noob cake
10-26-2010, 07:11 PM
When did Martin change his last name?

I'm not going to get into this with you this year......I already moved on. A borderline HOF head coach agrees that Brooks is the starter and that's all I need.

Adelman wakes up and takes a shit that has more basketball knowledge than the both of us and even he agrees that Brooks is a better player (as well does the entire NBA when they awarded him the MIP award)...and that's well than good enough for me.

Honestly I'm kind of glad Lowry is hurt, because I think Smith can be a better player and if Smith can develop a jump shot not only will he be better than Lowry, he'll be better than Brooks also. If you're so hung up on backup passing PGs than you need to change your avatar, because Ishmael Smith is the best passer on this team and even showed he can feed Yao in the post....which is what you love.

I'll take that concession. Let's hope for a better shooting Ish next year.

Ish Smith - undrafted future Rockets starting PG

Tmac&Luther
10-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I'll take that concession. Let's hope for a better shooting Ish next year.

Ish Smith - undrafted future Rockets starting PG

I'm still trying to figure out how the guy went undrafted.....NBA teams place such high value on that position, so I can't see how not one team didn't take a flier on this guy when guys like Acie Law are going in the lottery...it's laughable to me. He has legit NBA skills...actually shows exceptional vision and great passing skills, he just doesn't have a J.

The guy at worst would be a great backup PG......and that wasn't worth developing with a 2nd round pick? I don't get it. I'm glad Morey does..He'll either play his way into the rotation with us down the road or he'll be a trade asset, either way.. win Morey and the Rockets.