PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will SWEEP Next Three

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Is there any doubt?

We lose to Dallas and go on an insane 3 game win streak.

All this Jazz loss did was re-light the fire.

"No Subs for Blood!"
- Tim Duncan

Ginofan
04-14-2005, 09:08 AM
That would be nice. And we get to see KG's cryin' ass on the last day of the season. His tears will be so sweet :)

boutons
04-14-2005, 09:12 AM
doubt? yes. The Grizz are fighting to retain and clinch 8th playoff seed. Pop could tank the rest of the season.

"re-light the fire"

The has been lighted a few times now, and it keeps going out.

0-3 R/T, including losing to the fucking Knicks,

fire re-lit and then fire-fully beat Sonics + Houston.

fire goes out, embarrassed @DEN

fire still out, embarrassed @DAL

fire re-lit and

two flamingly magnificent 20T B2B wins,

fire goes out,

lose to an injured .321 lottery team that is even well below .500 on their own court.

Spurs just cannot keep the fire lit and momentum going. But perfect Spurs seanon-ending momentum last season meant fuck all, so maybe the Spurs not having any momentum, anti-SPAM, will work better this year.

And I really think Pop could tank the last 3 games to rest for the playoffs.

Summers
04-14-2005, 09:25 AM
That would be nice. And we get to see KG's cryin' ass on the last day of the season. His tears will be so sweet :)

That reminds me of a really f*cked up Southpark episode. :lol

picnroll
04-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Primary goals for the rest of the season:

1. Get Duncan back in the groove.
2. Rest and heal the guys that have carried the load with Duncan and Brown out.
3. Give Barry and Robinson a ton of shots to see if they can find their groove.
4. Give Beno a chance to earn a playoff roster spot.
5. Give Nazr time to get a feel for the Spurs defense.
6. Maybe win a game or two.

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Spurs just cannot keep the fire lit and momentum going. But perfect Spurs seanon-ending momentum last season meant fuck all, so maybe the Spurs not having any momentum, anti-SPAM, will work better this year.

And I really think Pop could tank the last 3 games to rest for the playoffs.
Agreed with your first point. Spurs winning gazillion in a row didn't help last year.

But I don't think Pop will tank the rest of the season. I don't think the Spurs will let him. Duncan was fired up. The rest of the Spurs should be too.

Even if the last game vs the T-wolves "doesn't matter" to the standings, it will still matter to the Spurs.

And Tim has rested enough! That's my take, and I'm sticking with it.

BigVee
04-14-2005, 09:33 AM
The Spurs will sweep only if the coach is stupid. Why in the world was Manu in the game in the 4th quarter last night? One meaningless drive to the hoop to get hammered could end his season. He should be used very sparingly this next week. Horry has played way too much lately and should also rest. Who cares about the next three games?

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 09:38 AM
The Spurs will sweep only if the coach is stupid. Why in the world was Manu in the game in the 4th quarter last night? One meaningless drive to the hoop to get hammered could end his season. He should be used very sparingly this next week. Horry has played way too much lately and should also rest. Who cares about the next three games?

Not arguing 'bout that. I totally agree we need to rest Manu and Tony a little, maybe even Horry.

BUT, this is the team that beat the Warriors without Tim, Rasho, Manu or Devin! That's my point. Pop can play all the mind games and rest all the people we want, the Spurs will still find a way to win.

It's the eternal optimist in me.

BTW, I also agree the standings don't matter, and I could care less if we actually win or not as long as we stay healthy. I was just making a prediction...

td4mvp21
04-14-2005, 09:43 AM
We need to win every single game to get one seed. I guess Pop doesn't stress this advantage enough to the team or the team is just to full of themselves to think they need the number 1 seed. I'd go with choice A. Last night was a lack of effort; guys probably figured they could because they were getting their superstar back. I don't get why such a veteran team could act so young all the time. But hopefully they will bounce back and beat Memphis twice(which IMO, that's gonna be as hard as hek).

xcoriate
04-14-2005, 09:45 AM
im so fucking sick of shit house prediction threads...

and ffs they dont shit gold, they can and will lose occasionly.

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 09:47 AM
We need to win every single game to get one seed.

Thing is, we could win every game and STILL not get number 1 seed.

Why do we need Homecourt against the Suns? Is it that important? We've got homecourt against everyone else...

'sides, getting homecourt guarantees you nothing...

td4mvp21
04-14-2005, 09:55 AM
^well assuming Phoenix loses two.(its possible thats for sure.)

I'd prefer homecourt, although I think we could steal one on the road if we didn't.

HaterzEraser
04-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Primary goals for the rest of the season:

1. Get Duncan back in the groove.
2. Rest and heal the guys that have carried the load with Duncan and Brown out.
3. Give Barry and Robinson a ton of shots to see if they can find their groove.
4. Give Beno a chance to earn a playoff roster spot.
5. Give Nazr time to get a feel for the Spurs defense.
6. Maybe win a game or two.

I have to completely agree with your list

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-14-2005, 10:03 AM
SPURS go 1 and 2 the rest of season,if wolves are out of playoff picture SPURS go 2 and 1.

LilMissSPURfect
04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
:elephant

boutons
HCA vs Suns is so remote now, it's not worth chasing.

In the EC, Spurs have HCA vs everybody, but are tied at 21 L's with Heat. Spurs have tie-breaker.

We really don't want to start a Finals with 2 games in Miami, having gotten beat there already.

Starting today, Heat have 5 games in 6 days, two B2B's, one of those on the road. With Shaq rested from being out "sick", I expect Stan to play these last five games pretty seriously. Heat probably can't get Finals HCA vs Suns, but they can vs Spurs.

williemoonshine
It was nice to see those quick double teams comming at Tim again, that should give "Big Dog" and Bret the shots they need and the team a rythm they havent had. I think having the 2 seed is just fine, everyone is on the Suns jock right now so it would be nice for the Spurs to be the "underdog" and rip the heart out of the Suns, assuming they make it to the WCF.

TOP-CHERRY
04-14-2005, 11:15 AM
so it would be nice for the Spurs to be the "underdog" and rip the heart out of the Suns.

I'm not used to my boys not being the underdogs!!
:lol

Being the underdogs is more sweeter, as our guys shut all those critics' mouths up when they hold up that trophy for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th time.. I can go on, ya know.. that's how much confidence I have in this squad. ;)

alamo50
04-14-2005, 11:17 AM
What makes anybody think we are gonna beat Memphis back-to-back?

TOP-CHERRY
04-14-2005, 11:18 AM
What makes you think we won't?

That is the question...

:)

boutons
04-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Grizz will be fighting to retain 8th seed, Spurs will be twiddling their thumbs waiting for the playoffs.

alamo50
04-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Are you aware of Memphis having our number for the last couple of seasons?

Ginofan
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Are you aware of Memphis having our number for the last couple of seasons?
Are you aware of our sweeping of them?

TOP-CHERRY
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Are you aware Phoenix had our number in 2003 and we still won the series with heart?

boutons
04-14-2005, 11:30 AM
I am aware of Grizz 0 - 4 vs Spurs in 2004 playoffs

After last night's loss, the rest of the season doesn't matter to Pop, imo.

alamo50
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Are you both aware we are not in the playoffs (yet) and Memphis has to stay ahead of Minnesota and we have to make sure everybody get's their rest?

Ginofan
04-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Pop is done resting people. Playing Manu AGAIN in the second game of a back to back proved that his word has no meaning. We have Tim back, we won't let Memphis have at us again.

TOP-CHERRY
04-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Are you aware that.. uh... uuuuuummm... eh...

SPURS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!???????
:lol

alamo50
04-14-2005, 11:38 AM
;)

wildbill2u
04-14-2005, 12:04 PM
I think Pop will play with the minutes, not making a determined run for #1 because the possiblity is so remote and depends on Suns losing a couple of easy games.

The team, however, will want to win and we have enough depth to win some games even with Pop resting some players. Look for some spirited play by the bench as they jockey for playoff roster and try to win some games in spite of CIA Pop and his rotations.

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 12:26 PM
I think Pop will play with the minutes, not making a determined run for #1 because the possiblity is so remote and depends on Suns losing a couple of easy games.

The team, however, will want to win and we have enough depth to win some games even with Pop resting some players. Look for some spirited play by the bench as they jockey for playoff roster and try to win some games in spite of CIA Pop and his rotations.

Exactly. This loss will get the whole team fired up, no matter what Pop does. :hat

TDfan2007
04-14-2005, 05:25 PM
We need to win every single game to get one seed. I guess Pop doesn't stress this advantage enough to the team or the team is just to full of themselves to think they need the number 1 seed. I'd go with choice A. Last night was a lack of effort; guys probably figured they could because they were getting their superstar back. I don't get why such a veteran team could act so young all the time. But hopefully they will bounce back and beat Memphis twice(which IMO, that's gonna be as hard as hek).

AGREE 100%!!!!

Fuck resting, we need #1 seed so we don't see Denver in the 1st round

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Fuck that. Fear nothing. You can't go into the playoffs scared!

God damnit people, believe. We are better then Denver!
(repeat over and over until you can sleep at night)

TDfan2007
04-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes we are, but I'd rather have a 4 or 5 game series w/ Memphis than a possible 6 or 7 game series w/ Denver. Our players will be more rested for the next round, and with Tim's injury, Rasho's injury, and Manu and TP's fatigue, the Spurs need all the rest they can get. I would also rather play Dallas or Sacramento in the 1st round than Houston or Seatle.

That's why we need the #1 seed. Besides the fact that tanking games is just plain wrong.

milkyway21
04-14-2005, 08:05 PM
let's not be too sure about that.

I'm a huge Spurs fan, i know what Tim Duncan can do to make this team win a title, but;

Memphis is i think the only team we had NOT beaten this season. (0-2)And they need a win to secure that 8th spot. They are more eager than we are to make it, than that #1. And how about Minny? it's the last game of the season, KG might want to make a statement beating the Spurs. And he's healthy than Timmy.

So....:angel let's just hope.

BTW, are we 100% sure Pops wouldn't let TD sit out the 4th or the last minutes of the game? Let it be a close game or not, Pops doesn't care that much as long as our star is healthy come playoffs.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-14-2005, 08:33 PM
we'll go two and one. lose to memphis at memphis.

TOP-CHERRY
04-14-2005, 08:50 PM
we'll go two and one. lose to memphis at memphis.

Your post doesn't go with your sig. ;)