PDA

View Full Version : Is Dejuan Blair the greatest rookie of all time?

da_suns_fan
10-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Do you think the Lakers would trade Kobe for him?

After seeing last nights game, I wouldnt trade Blair for anything less than a package of future hall of famers!

Discuss.

TIMMYD!
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Wtf!!

FvckMavs
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Thank you for giving us Blair and Hairston in a single trade.

benefactor
10-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Nah...that would be Taylor Griffin.

phyzik
10-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Calm down Meow.

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/6/831/4759_512x288_manicured__JdssNTv1bUaUTujoJ7SbOw.jpg

Bruno
10-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Goran Dragic = DeJuan Blair + Malik Hairston + $500K.

FvckMavs
10-07-2009, 06:11 PM

I forgot the 500k. Thanks Kerr.

Nathan Explosion
10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
He could be the best big man the Spurs have ever drafted. Have the Spurs ever had such a sure thing before? Can you imagine if we had a frontline of Blair, Scola and Pops? Wow.

da_suns_fan
10-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Calm down Meow.

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/6/831/4759_512x288_manicured__JdssNTv1bUaUTujoJ7SbOw.jpg

No seriously, I read on a twitter account that Blairs performance has been turned into a viral and sent out to every owner in the league under the title "HA HA!!".

Kool Bob Love
10-07-2009, 06:15 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/es2qg2.gif

da_suns_fan
10-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Well that settles it. Steve Kerr is the worst GM...no...worst evaluator of talent in the history of basketball!

The only thing people are talking about in Phoenix today is how we screwed up and how we could have had Blair!

DPG21920
10-07-2009, 06:17 PM
da_suns_fan is not good at math Bruno. When DOK pm'd me about DSF, he was absolutely correct :rollin

da_suns_fan
10-07-2009, 06:19 PM
If you google "Dejaun Blair facebook" you'll see that Blair is more popular right now than Barrack Obama.

Marcus Bryant
10-07-2009, 06:31 PM

:drunk

Bruno
10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
And I've liked what I've seen of Dragic. I think he can be a good player but it's unreal what Kerr has given away to get him.

Rogue
10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Restoration for Scola trade? not enough IMHO, regardless of how damn good Blair and Malik looked in a single preseason game.

Bruno
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Restoration for Scola trade? not enough IMHO, regardless of how damn good Blair and Malik looked in a single preseason game.

Do you have some news of Pavel Podkolzin ?

Agloco
10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
After seeing last nights game, I wanna play with Blairs' package !!!

DPG21920
10-07-2009, 06:46 PM
In all fairness, Kerr had no way of knowing that Blair would fall that far.

Rogue
10-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Do you have some news of Pavel Podkolzin ?
lol Donnie didn't waste his lottery pick on this slender dick anyways, hence it wasn't a big loss to give away a 2nd rounder plus craps and cashes. Probably Donnie was expecting him to be another Shawn Bradley type of player but that russian dick ultimately turned out to be a piece of shit, just like another equivalently big piece of shit who was drafted back in 02. Navel Podkolzin just has too low an IQ to play basketball, but his remarkable size will easily find him a job instead in circus wagons or some.

ManuTP9
10-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I just hope Blair is a beast in the season.

DxB
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Eat a dick muthafucka

greyforest
10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes.

angelbelow
10-07-2009, 10:15 PM

After seeing last nights game, I wouldnt trade Blair for anything less than a package of future hall of famers!

Discuss.

He probably is - but only time will time. He certainly has all the tools in the world to become MVP+Rookie of the Year+DPOY+Rebounder of the year. It really just depends on whether he wants it or not; as a Spurs fan, I hope he does. That way we can trade Duncan, TP, Manu, and RJ and get some cap relief.

completely deck
10-07-2009, 10:17 PM
This thread is too much crazy, I'm getting out of here.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3715/bailout.jpg

Darkwaters
10-07-2009, 10:45 PM

Clearly, Goran Dragic is the greatest rookie of all time. Just look up top, it all adds up.

Darkwaters
10-07-2009, 10:46 PM
If you google "Dejaun Blair facebook" you'll see that Blair is more popular right now than Barrack Obama.

Not really a fair assessment. Thats getting easier to do by the second.

lennyalderette
10-08-2009, 03:01 AM
Not really a fair assessment. Thats getting easier to do by the second.
hahah good point i voted for that piece of shit, oops.... wait is there still freedome of speech? prob not 4 long!!

mathbzh
10-08-2009, 03:47 AM

Discuss.

We don't really need Kobe... I would prefer Gasol.

10-08-2009, 03:52 AM
that's a stupid question. everyone knows tim duncan is the greatest rookie of all time. blair is only the second greatest rookie of all time.

Manufan909
10-08-2009, 04:42 AM
that's a stupid question. everyone knows tim duncan is the greatest rookie of all time. blair is only the second greatest rookie of all time.

This.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-08-2009, 04:50 AM
:lol @OP's envy.

BTW, how is Earl Clark looking? I think he'll be a force in two years.

usdane
10-08-2009, 04:50 AM
Let's hope Blair stay healthy (knees). Even though I am a Lakers fan I love how he is sticking it to every GM in the league that passed on him.

Good pick by the Spurs :toast

Muser
10-08-2009, 05:07 AM
The suns have Lopez and Griffin, clearly two of the best young big men in the game...

DAF86
10-08-2009, 10:44 AM
I wouldnt trade Blair for anything less than a package of future hall of famers!

I wouldn't even trade him for that.

djohn2oo8
10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't even trade him for that.
don't all the spurs fans get on blair's dick all at once.....this is worse than Artest's mancrush on Kobe

lil_penny
10-08-2009, 11:40 AM
don't all the spurs fans get on blair's dick all at once.....this is worse than Artest's mancrush on Kobe

Lol

But I wish blair the best.. wish portland would of picked him up.

da_suns_fan
10-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Whats the over/under on the number of rebounds Blair is gonna have against Olympik-whatever?

Is 40 unreasonable?

urunobili
10-08-2009, 12:26 PM

:owned:

rjv
10-08-2009, 12:30 PM
i would trade blair for more original sarcasm on ST.

DAF86
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Whats the over/under on the number of rebounds Blair is gonna have against Olympik-whatever?

Is 40 unreasonable?

If you would have asked against the Suns, I'd have said yes, that's possible but against Olympiacos I'm thinking more like 25/30.

lefty
10-08-2009, 04:02 PM
According to David Robinson, DJ Blair is the 2nd coming of the Iceman

DAF86
10-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Just gave him the award already :hat

SouthTexasRancher
10-11-2009, 11:12 PM

HaHa...Little Markie Cuban after watching Blair pull down 19 rebounds. Cuban is now trying to trade for the 2 Superman's ... Shaq & Howard and bringing Dennis Rodman out of retirement.

Obstructed_View
10-11-2009, 11:20 PM
If the Suns showed any sign of being relevant this season, I'd care what their fans thought.

Oh, wait. No I wouldn't.

angelbelow
10-12-2009, 01:57 AM

Is 40 unreasonable?

Yes, it'll probably be 100.

Xylus
10-12-2009, 02:26 AM
If the Suns showed any sign of being relevant this season, I'd care what their fans thought.

Oh, wait. No I wouldn't.

So you respond to OP's thread with a sarcastic post, implying feelings of hostility.

It shows how much you care. There's care bursting out of you. You're like a care fountain spouting carewater. Care everywhere.

Xylus
10-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Oh, and Dejuan Blair could put the Spurs over the top. Future Hall-of-Famer and multiple Finals MVP winner for sure.

DAF86
10-12-2009, 03:24 AM
On a non-sarcastic note, I want to say that I'm pretty sure that if the NBA draft were to be held again right now, Blair would be a top ten pick, if not better.

Xylus
10-12-2009, 03:30 AM
Blair has been quite the surprise. Not good for the rest of the league if he turns out to be what most Spurs fans think he will be.

DAF86
10-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Blair has been quite the surprise. Not good for the rest of the league if he turns out to be what most Spurs fans think he will be.

And what is that? I expect for him to be a slightly better version of Malik Rose, at least for this next season.

DAF86
10-12-2009, 04:20 AM
You're retarded to expect a better Malik Rose version on Blair. Honestly it wasn't that bad a deal for Suns to purchase Dragic for Hairston and him. Blair and Hairston are both superbly athletic for the positions they play while they also share the same flaw of having low basketball IQs. Suns have already got plenary low-IQ players and fans hence both dudes won't do shit to help improve the Suns, at least Dragic will provide Suns with a little bit smartness which should never be expected to get stomped out of Blair or Hairston.

I'm not looking for too much BB IQ, Spurs have that in abundance. I just want some toughness and rebounds.

Oh and sorry but I missed the year that Malik Rose made the all-star team.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 04:43 AM
I'm not a pro-Spurs guy but I have to admit only smart players can probably be successful Spurs, therefore I don't expect Jefferson to do anything remarkable with Spurs next season.

tee, hee.

DAF86
10-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Jamaal Magloire also made all-star game once and he was even the starting center on the eastern side that year, while he's long be a forgotten name IMHO.

I was joking about the all-star thing, 'cause you said I was retarded to expect a Malik Rose like production from Blair, like if Malik was something more than just a role player.

I agree the Spurs have plenary smart players hence some toughness seems to help Spurs more than extra smartness may probably do. However, there hasn't been any precedent of a low-IQ player working well with Spurs, instead they always got eliminated sooner or later, like Jakic Butler, and the most recent example in Drew Gooden, etc... The Spurs just have a complex and theoretical system that the low-IQ players always suffer difficulties absorbing. I'm not a pro-Spurs guy but I have to admit only smart players can probably be successful Spurs, therefore I don't expect Jefferson to do anything remarkable with Spurs next season

I haven't seen Blair play much but from what I saw his BB IQ looks fine, besides how much BB IQ you need to get some rebounds and play hard?

Also there have been some players that don't identify themselves for their high BB IQ that had help the Spurs big time on their championship runs.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
ShelC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=138)
Legend
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/ranks/legend.jpg
http://www.phxsuns.net/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Game Day: Warriors @ Suns

[[[Amare is what he is. Its not good or bad, just a fact. Tentative and rusty i can understand. But even before the injury he never played with that sense or urgency or desire on defense or on the boards. That wont change. If he were a 12rpg player, got injured and is now cautious and afraid to get hit in the face, i'd completely understand. But theres nothing different to his game and there wont be in december or April. Again, its the same reason why DeJuan Blair, all of 6-6 and a vertical of about 5 inches, has already proven to be a dominant rebounder. Its desire and instincts. Thats not to say we should trade Amare for Blair or that Blair is the better overall player, but it makes Amare look that much worse when guys like Blair attack the boards and impose their will on the game in that regard despite having physical limitations that Amare doesnt have (besides a small waistline of course http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif )]]]

Typical quality input by Sunsfandom. GD, they're wonderful.

rjv
10-12-2009, 10:20 AM

of course. this is pretty obvious to most of us.

Findog
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Blair was a good pick. Deal with it.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
One just has to hope his knees are compromised.

Ditty
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM
One just has to hope his knees are compromised.

and nothing has happened dick head i rather be taking more of a risk with bynum who actually has fucked up his knees recentley :lol

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
and nothing has happened dick head i rather be taking more of a risk with bynum who actually has fucked up his knees recentley :lol

No argument. We all have crosses to bear.

I'm just holding out hope that all the hoopla about Blair's knees just ain't hogwash.

all_heart
10-12-2009, 11:14 AM
No argument. We all have crosses to bear.

I'm just holding out hope that all the hoopla about Blair's knees just ain't hogwash.

So you see Blair as a threat?
His knee problems were in HS!! His "current" knees are the same ones he had in college while he was a beast on the boards. IF he does suffer a knee injury it won't be related to his past knee problems. Come to think of it, no ACL=1 less thing to worry about. (Not suggesting every NBA player get theirs removed! :lol)

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 11:17 AM
So you see Blair as a threat?
His knee problems were in HS!! His "current" knees are the same ones he had in college while he was a beast on the boards. IF he does suffer a knee injury it won't be related to his past knee problems. Come to think of it, no ACL=1 less thing to worry about.

Wishful thinking.

all_heart
10-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Wishful thinking.

Look in the mirror foolio!

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Wishful thinking.

I God's, I certainly hope so, da.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Look in the mirror foolio!

You dont have the slightest clue what you are talking about. Until you complete med school, residency and years of knee and joint specialization, dont tell us about what type of injuries Blair is going to have in the future and whether or not they will have anything to do with problems he had in high school.

You sound like a fucking idiot.

all_heart
10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
You dont have the slightest clue what you are talking about. Until you complete med school, residency and years of knee and joint specialization, dont tell us about what type of injuries Blair is going to have in the future and whether or not they will have anything to do with problems he had in high school.

You sound like a fucking idiot.

You're the fucking moron for talking so much shit!! Tell me Mr. smart ass, why is able to function so dam well for having no ACLs. ACLs stabilze the knees, w/out ACLs the surrounding muscles do the job. You're just fucking pissed cause the Spurs practically disbanded your "old" Suns team. Get over it. BTW just because Blair is a beast on the boards in no way implies he has no BB IQ. Will he make mistakes? Of course he's a rookie but unlike your Suns team, he'll be fine.

all_heart
10-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I would trade Blair for Oden in a heartbeat, if their contracts were identical. Blair has a pretty sick deal for someone of his talent.

The entire Spurs nation would rather trade you away for a bottle of water.. no fuckin way. :lol
Oden is pretty close to being an NBA bust.

Muser
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Oden compared to Robinson :lmao

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 11:56 AM
You're the fucking moron for talking so much shit!! Tell me Mr. smart ass, why is able to function so dam well for having no ACLs. ACLs stabilze the knees, w/out ACLs the surrounding muscles do the job. You're just fucking pissed cause the Spurs practically disbanded your "old" Suns team. Get over it. BTW just because Blair is a beast on the boards in no way implies he has no BB IQ. Will he make mistakes? Of course he's a rookie but unlike your Suns team, he'll be fine.

Holy crap! The idiot wants to debate some more about things he knows absolutley nothing about!

In one sentence, he tries to matter-of-factly explain ACL tissue when he doesnt have the slightest clue what he's talking about, and in the next he clams the San Antonio Spurs disbanded the Phoenix Suns!! :lol

So not only do you practice medicine, you also have insight into the secret dealigs of NBA franchises that allow one franchise to make roster decisions of other franchises!!

What an exciting and important life you have "all_heart". Do you tour on a lecture circuit? Where do I sign up?!

all_heart
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Like it or not, he was compared to him, as well as other great centers.

All fuckin hype... He'd be lucky to have 1/2 the career of DRob.

Morg1411
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
It's a tad early to be declaring him "Best Rookie of All Time", isn't it? Talk about not being able to hold your wad (and here I thought that was a problem only Culburn had).

That being said, Blair is showing some great signs, and if his performance these past couple of games is any indication he's going to be quite a beast for the Spurs. (But let's hold off on the "of all time" and "ever" accolades for now, shall we?)

all_heart
10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Holy crap! The idiot wants to debate some more about things he knows absolutley about!

In one sentence, he tries to matter-of-factly explain ACL tissue when he doesnt have the slightest clue what he's talking about, and in the next he clams the San Antonio Spurs disbanded the Phoenix Suns!! :lol

So not only do you practice medicine, you also have insight into the secret dealigs of NBA franchises that allow one franchise to make roster decisions of other franchises!!

What an exciting and important life you have "all_heart". Do you tour on a lecture circuit? Where do I sign up?!

So where are you're fuckin med credentials?! FACT-The Suns could never get over the hump and beat the Spurs in the playoffs - Spurs ended their season 3 out of 4 years. Coaches don't get fired for winning do they?!

NoOptionB
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM

lmao

TheSullyMonster
10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Legit 7' with long arms, can run the floor, who has been compared to David Robinson

There was more to David Robinson than being 7' and strong. Hell, Robinson outdid Oden in every single category his retirement year. To say nothing of their direct comparisons to their rookie years.

all_heart
10-12-2009, 12:27 PM
I think most people agree that Blair is not the greatest rookie of all-time, however he works out well, he'll probably fit in the top 10 draft steals of all time.

Culburn369
There was more to David Robinson than being 7' and strong. Hell, Robinson outscored Oden in every single category his retirement year.

but, still couldn't scratch 'till Duncan held his hand.

DPG21920
There is no question. I would trade Blair for Oden and not even think twice. This one is not even close and Spurs fans are getting a little to caught up in the moment.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
This one is not even close and Spurs fans are getting a little to caught up in the moment.

You guys always do that. Yer so insecure and back-to-back-less that you shit yerselves pretty often.

TheSullyMonster
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the Robinson/Oden comparison?

Also, considering Detroit, Houston, and Chicago were doing all the winning until Duncan 'held his hand' I'm not really sure where you were trying to go. It isn't as if the lakers did anything in the 90s.

da_suns_fan
So where are you're fuckin med credentials?! FACT-The Suns could never get over the hump and beat the Spurs in the playoffs - Spurs ended their season 3 out of 4 years. Coaches don't get fired for winning do they?!

Where was I posting matter-of-factly that Blair's future injuries will or wont be due to past injuries? Where did run my mouth off about ACLS? And what do the Phoenix Suns have to do with DeJaun Blair? Enlighten yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

DPG21920
We are insecure yet you are always the one bringing it up. Ironic.

Shastafarian
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Laker fans on a Spurs message board talking about other people's insecurities. Comedy gold.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the Robinson/Oden comparison?

A course not, but, when did that ever matter on this Forum? I saw your soft underbelly exposed and I took advantage.

da_suns_fan

YOU, pal, are incredibly insecure. And I know Cubby posts way too much nonsense to ever think he cares about what other people think.

all_heart

I would have to agree w/you on that one, but also he didn't have as much talent on his squads than he did when Duncan arrived... Dam I feel dirty now..:bang

Culburn369

You guys bring it up more than our guys. I just happened to beat you to the punch this morn.

ha, ha.

The_Game
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Blair is 6'6 and only 260 thats where the concerns lay...good player and played great in pre-season but the regular season is different. He could do well or he could do nothing...his size and frame will work against him

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I would have to agree w/you on that one, but also he didn't have as much talent on his squads than he did when Duncan arrived... Dam I feel dirty now..:bang

He had Rodman, but, instead of appreciating him he prostletized him. He had Elliott and his shit still doesn't stink.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
YOU, pal, are incredibly insecure. And I know Cubby posts way too much nonsense to ever think he cares about what other people think.

Says the Suns fan ripping RJ, defending KG and getting shredded by his own fan base on a Spurs forum. Classic.

You are nothing more than a troll that has nothing better to do with her time than to project her losing mentality onto another team. I see right through you and I don't care what you think. No one does.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
And I know Cubby posts way too much nonsense to ever think he cares about what other people think.

Uh,,,,,,,,,thanks?

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Says the Suns fan ripping RJ, defending KG and getting shredded by his own fan base on a Spurs forum. Classic.

You are nothing more than a troll that has nothing better to do with her time than to project her losing mentality onto another team. I see right through you.

da is a girl?!

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
You guys bring it up more than our guys. I just happened to beat you to the punch this morn.

ha, ha.

Put in the work to back up these claims. If the quotes are every where, they should be easy to find.

But you won't. I already know how you will wiggle out of this one, sans manhood. You can never trust a man who won't pay his debts.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:40 PM
da is a girl?!

Don't know why I typed her. I guess he just gives off that vibe.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Uh,,,,,,,,,thanks?

:toast

all_heart
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Where was I posting matter-of-factly that Blair's future injuries will or wont be due to past injuries? Where did run my mouth off about ACLS? And what do the Phoenix Suns have to do with DeJaun Blair? Enlighten yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Nice job dodging the fact the Spurs have a WHOLE lot to deal with the Suns burning out. I don't know what the future health of Blairs knees will be in relation to his past knee problems, I'd give you that much, however he's been playing on those knees for a few years now and he's fine. It happens sometimes.. too bad for the other 36 teams that passed on him.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Don't know why I typed her. I guess he just gives off that vibe.

Perhaps it's like a latent love for da, DPG? Yer not queer so you want da to be a female so you can feel secure (instead of insecure how you always are about the Spurs) in fantasizing about da in a naughty way: arms & legs entwined, hands reaching with curiosity and affection for the shadowed wedge below.

Huh?

mardigan
10-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Blair is 6'6 and only 260 thats where the concerns lay...good player and played great in pre-season but the regular season is different. He could do well or he could do nothing...his size and frame will work against him

He's pretty much the same size as Millsap and he's doing pretty damn well.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:46 PM

You are nothing more than a troll that has nothing better to do with her time than to project her losing mentality onto another team. I see right through you and I don't care what you think. No one does.

I dont rip on RJ because Im insecure. I state my opinion of his lack of talents and over-bloated salary and how he'll fit on the Spurs which causes you to grow a vagina.

I also stated how awesome McDyess is and how good I think he'll fit in on the Spurs. Ive also stated that Ive been impressed with Blairs rebounding anticipation skills and awareness around he basket.

Also, I dont remember being ripped by fellow Suns fans besides DOK. And there could be 100 Suns fans on this forum who say Im clueless and I wont give a shit because its a stupid message board. You need to grow up. What happens in the NBA doesnt REALLY matter and neither does what anyone thinks of you here (another DOK fallacy). Whether or not the Spurs win has no bearing on whether or not you are a "winner" or "loser".

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Nice job dodging the fact the Spurs have a WHOLE lot to deal with the Suns burning out. I don't know what the future health of Blairs knees will be in relation to his past knee problems, I'd give you that much, however he's been playing on those knees for a few years now and he's fine. It happens sometimes.. too bad for the other 36 teams that passed on him.

Exactly. Thats why I originally said "Wishful thinking", remember?

Also, in my opinion the Suns "decent" had a whole lot more to do with Robert Sarver than any other NBA team. Of course, you and Laker fans can debate as to why the Suns made the ridiculous decision to trade for Shaquille Oneal which was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Laker fans claim it was a "knee-jerk" reaction to the Gasol trade. Spurs fans believe it was a desperation attempt to finally get over the Spurs. I personally believe it was a move made to sell season-ticket packages.

all_heart
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Some of the hype is justified. I saw him put up 15 and 10 at OSU, playing with his opposite hand. I think McMillan has mishandled him tremendously. But again, I'm not sure Popovich would know how to bring him along, either. I'd rely more on Duncan doing the teaching than him.

You need much more than raw talent to succeed in the NBA. Things like good BB IQ, finesse, footwork, good coaches and mentors. Time will tell for Oden, but he has to be healthy for more than a few months to actually progress. A guy like Oden is a project that takes a lot of time to develop. And as far as development, Blair and Oden are almost the same considering Oden has missed so many games.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:50 PM
He's pretty much the same size as Millsap and he's doing pretty damn well.

Cept Millsap and his ilk (Boozer, et al) can't impact in the playoffs. 6'6" up front is cute & quaint in the first 82, but, thereafter it becomes a concern. Nobody is gonna say that out loud, but, the rank & file are licking their chops.

all_heart
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Exactly. Thats why I originally said "Wishful thinking", remember?

Non-Spurs fans have more wishful thinking to do than Spurs fans do. Face it -Spurs stole another one again, it's not a coincidence.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I dont rip on RJ because Im insecure. I state my opinion of his lack of talents and over-bloated salary and how he'll fit on the Spurs which causes you to grow a vagina.

I also stated how awesome McDyess is and how good I think he'll fit in on the Spurs. Ive also stated that Ive been impressed with Blairs rebounding anticipation skills and awareness around he basket.

Also, I dont remember being ripped by fellow Suns fans besides DOK. And there could be 100 Suns fans on this forum who say Im clueless and I wont give a shit because its a stupid message board. You need to grow up. What happens in the NBA doesnt REALLY matter and neither does what anyone thinks of you here (another DOK fallacy). Whether or not the Spurs win has no bearing on whether or not you are a "winner" or "loser".

So your opinions are based on facts and logic, while others opinions are breed from insecurity. Got ya. QFT. Also, you don't give a shit, but you respond to everything, but when others respond, they are worried about being cool on a message board.

:lol at the "you need to grow up" lines from a guy who routinely says "you sound like a fucking idiot". :lmao

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Non-Spurs fans have more wishful thinking to do than Spurs fans do. Face it -Spurs stole another one again, it's not a coincidence.

Like when you stole that one with Horry assaulting Nash. At the time I was all hunky & dory with it, but, I've grown to hate a Spur, so I took another ganders at it, and it was dastardly. Then to top it all off, Duncan threateningly went onto the floor and away with it scott clean.

TAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
So your opinions are based on facts and logic, while others opinions are breed from insecurity. Got ya. QFT. Also, you don't give a shit, but you respond to everything, but when others respond, they are worried about being cool on a message board.

:lol at the "you need to grow up" lines from a guy who routinely says "you sound like a fucking idiot". :lmao

When I tell you "you sound like a fucking idiot", I mean "you sound like a fucking idiot". As in "you are embarrassing yourself with such ingorant posts". Im trying to help you.

mardigan
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Cept Millsap and his ilk (Boozer, et al) can't impact in the playoffs. 6'6" up front is cute & quaint in the first 82, but, thereafter it becomes a concern. Nobody is gonna say that out loud, but, the rank & file are licking their chops.

Millsap put up good numbers in last years playoffs, not his fault he has to play with a bunch of players without heart. Besides, my only point was that a player his size could be effective. I'm not expecting him to dominate or anything.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Millsap put up good numbers in last years playoffs, not his fault he has to play with a bunch of players without heart. Besides, my only point was that a player his size could be effective. I'm not expecting him to dominate or anything.

But, they marginalized him, mard. Sure, Phil Jackson ain't gonna publicly cite it, he's just gonna take advantage of it.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Like when you stole that one with Horry assaulting Nash. At the time I was all hunky & dory with it, but, I've grown to hate a Spur, so I took another ganders at it, and it was dastardly. Then to top it all off, Duncan threateningly went onto the floor and away with it scott clean.

Hell must be freezing over. This is coming from the guy who said that he would strap dynamite to his chest and perform a suicide bombing at a Suns championship parade (if it ever happens).

"The enemy of my enemy...."

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
When I tell you "you sound like a fucking idiot", I mean "you sound like a fucking idiot". As in "you are embarrassing yourself with such ingorant posts". Im trying to help you.

You need to grow up. Instead of slinging insults and trying to sound cool or "clever" you need to stick to the topic.

FYI, you have never said that to me. You say that to others. Clearly, with you saying Ariza is better than RJ, and that Barbosa is better than Joe Johnson, I sound like the idiot.

Also, saying that any one who is a Spur/Laker fan that hates KG is insecure, but the other fans that do are not. Genius.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Hell must be freezing over. This is coming from the guy who said that he would strap dynamite to his chest and perform a suicide bombing at a Suns championship parade (if it ever happens).

"The enemy of my enemy...."

No way. I said I'd begrudge that Sun's ringage with all my might (i.e., the dynamite pack), but, upon arrival I'd come in from the lightpole and watch from the fringe as you fellows celebrated with laughter and the inevitable tears of joy.

& I will, if I don't die of old age afore you ring.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:07 PM
You need to grow up. Instead of slinging insults and trying to sound cool or "clever" you need to stick to the topic.

FYI, you have never said that to me. You say that to others. Clearly, with you saying Ariza is better than RJ, and that Barbosa is better than Joe Johnson, I sound like the idiot.

Also, saying that any one who is a Spur/Laker fan that hates KG is insecure, but the other fans that do are not. Genius.

:rolleyes I said Ariza is better than RJ? I said that Barbosa is better than Joe Johnson? I seem to remember you growing that vagina when I said the Spurs would have been wiser to go after Ariza and saved their cash for a marquee free-agent next year. You claimed that it was crazy anyone could compare Ariza to Jefferson and I pointed out that the world most popular basketball statistician said Ariza was actually more efficent on a per minute basis (Hollinger's PER stats) than Jefferson so it cant be THAT crazy, can it? From there you went to blanket conclusions about Joe Johnson and Barbosa.

btw - You REALLY suck as sarcasm. I mean youre REALLY bad.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
No way. I said I'd begrudge that Sun's ringage with all my might (i.e., the dynamite pack), but, upon arrival I'd come in from the lightpole and watch from the fringe as you fellows celebrated with laughter and the inevitable tears of joy.

& I will, if I don't die of old age afore you ring.

*SIGH*

Why oh why did Robert Sarver's golfing buddies talk him into buying a team?

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Yes you did. You said that RJ was one dimensional and that Ariza could do much more and had a better PER and you cling to this as if it means something. Then you said you would have to think about taking Barbosa or Joe Johnson.

You suck at life. I mean you really suck.

all_heart
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Nash is a puss and tried to sell it unnecessarily. Didn't we beat them in six games anyway.. they had their chance.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Yes you did. You said that RJ was one dimensional and that Ariza could do much more and had a better PER and you cling to this as if it means something. Then you said you would have to think about taking Barbosa or Joe Johnson.

You suck at life. I mean you really suck.

What I actually said was I would have to think about having LB at 6-7 million versus having Joe Johnson at 14 million. Especially if I was in a position such as the Spurs where they had their eyes on the big man up in Canada.

And I did say that Ariza would have been a better fit. He can the three, rebound, defend and run the floor well. Spurs fans are hoping RJ will be able to "carry the offense", but Jefferson doesnt create well for himself or others. He needs others to set things up for him (and hes a good finisher and decent jump shooter). The paradox is that Parker doesnt set up well for others (he likes to score himself). Ginobili DOES set up well for others, but the point is for Jefferson to carry the offense so they can keep Ginobili on the bench or even give him more games off, isnt it?

On top of that, Jefferson doesnt do anything besides score. This is why his PER is lower than Ariza's. PER rewards people for performing in multiple categories (steals, rebounds, assists etc on a per minute basis). Ariza's is higher because he's much better than Jefferson in all those other categories.

And if that wasnt enough, Jefferson eliminates any possibility of getting Bosh or a replacement for Ginobili next year where Ariza wouldnt have hindered their future plans at all (in fact, it would have given them an all-purpose wing for the future).

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I think most people agree that Blair is not the greatest rookie of all-time, however he works out well, he'll probably fit in the top 10 draft steals of all time.

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

He's on his way to becoming a solid rebounder and hustle player. That's about it.

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Seriously, are spur fans done talking about Laker fans hyping up Bynum? I don't even think they were as bad as Spur fans are now with Blair.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
What I actually said was I would have to think about having LB at 6-7 million versus having Joe Johnson at 14 million. Especially if I was in a position such as the Spurs where they had their eyes on the big man up in Canada.

And I did say that Ariza would have been a better fit. He can the three, rebound, defend and run the floor well. Spurs fans are hoping RJ will be able to "carry the offense", but Jefferson doesnt create well for himself or others. He needs others to set things up for him. The paradox is that Parker doesnt set up well for other (he likes to score himself). Ginobili DOES set up well for others, but the point is for Jefferson can carry the offense so they can keep Ginobili on the bench or even give him more games off, isnt it?

On top of that, Jefferson doesnt so anything besides score. This is why his PER is lower than Ariza's. PER rewards people for performing in multiple categories (steals, rebounds, assists etc on a per minute basis). Ariza's is higher because he's much better than Jefferson in all those other categories.

So Leandro Barbosa is > Joe Johnson. It is also funny how DSF said the Spurs should have waited to get Joe Johnson. Why not Barbosa? Because Hollinger says Barbosa is better than Joe Johnson by PER and Joe is way overpaid compared to what a guy like Barbosa can give you. Just like the Ariza vs RJ comparison.

I guess that true. But one thing, if you go to phxsuns.net, you'll see that Ive been on a crusade to trade J-Rich because Ive been trying to point out how ridiculously awesome LB's numbers were as a starter (they completely blow away J-Rich and he's not gonna come off the bench). I feel that LB has paid his dues and deserves to start. So while I dont agree that LB is a better player than JJ, I would say I could understand that their contributions on a per minute basis were similar considering LBs stats are pretty fantastic on a per minute basis. Further, If I had to make a choice between having LB at 6 million versus having JJ at 14, I think you gotta take LB, right? Especially if taking LB meant it would position me to get ANOTHER superstar the following season (as taking Ariza would have positioned the Spurs for next summer).

Also, LB isnt a free agent next season (thank god). Joe Johnson is. Thats why I picked out JJ. Plus, everyone seems to have come to conclusion that Bosh was a pipe-dream (which is convenient considering RJ took them out of the free agent market for next year), so I pointed out that theres a completely obtainable All-Star available who will go ANYWHERE for the right price. But that option is history because the Spurs "put all their eggs in one basket" by trading for RJ even though a cheaper, younger, better suited player was available in Trevor Ariza.

There is what you said. This whole quote is full of b.s.

1)Spurs could not have given the MLE to a guy like Ariza and signed another superstar next year.

2) Ariza is not better suited

3) Under no circumstances do you consider taking Barbosa over Joe.

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Blair > Bynum > Chamberlain

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
So saying that RJ can't do anything but score, but Ariza can hit the three, rebound, defend and run the floor well, is not saying Ariza is better than RJ?

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
The post above is the single greatest piece of self-ownage Ive ever read.

Where do I contradict myself or change my opinion? What point are you trying to make by using my past quotes? Are you trying to prove that I am consistent? Do you understand how bad you just failed?

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Blair > Bynum > Chamberlain

no question. Remember that one time Blair flipped Thabeet in college? It was all bad ass and stuff and showed his gritty toughness.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:32 PM
So saying that RJ can't do anything but score, but Ariza can hit the three, rebound, defend and run the floor well, is not saying Ariza is better than RJ?

Depends on how much you value "scoring" versus other categories. And again, I never said Ariza was better than RJ, did I?

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Do you even follow your own arguments?

I say "you said you would consider taking LB over JJ"

You "no"

I post and underline where you say that.

Then you give all of this "analysis" on why RJ was bad.

I say it is wrong, quote it and explain why.

You say " oh man, self ownage".

You have no idea what you are talking about. I guess that comes with being a Suns fan and watching that garbage team with that garbage front office.

Adding RJ might not be enough to beat the Lakers, but that does not mean it was a mistake.

Wow.

And again, no one refutes my points, just more ad-hominem arguments.

he is a near allstar, can create his own plays, can defend the bigger guards/SF, can score 20ppg and shoots 40%+ from 3.

yeah, he does not fit our needs at all :rolleyes

1) He's NEVER been an all-star and I doubt he ever will be in his career.

2) He cant create his own plays. He has poor ball handling, makes bad decisions and cant go to his left. Hes more athlete than basketball player.

3) Defend bigger guards? Better than who? Ginobili? Finley? Certainly not Bowen. You think Jefferson is gonna make a difference against Kobe Bryant? You think he's gonna defend Nash as well as Bowen did? Bowen is retired so that point might be completely mute, but Jefferson is no elite defender. Hollinger's latest scouting report points out how little effot he gives chasing through screens. If Boston and LA are the Spurs' main competition, I'll take Ray Allen and Kobe's chances against Richard Jefferson any day of the week.

4) Im sure he'll shoot 40% from 3 in the corners. And it only cost you 29 million dollars (for two seasons).

Now lets say the Spurs signed Ariza. T.A. plays defense just as good as RJ. In fact, I'd say hes more natural defender than RJ. Ariza can hit the three pointer and he's even proven he can do it in clutch times like the finals. Ariza rebounds very well for a 3 and runs the floor just as well as RJ.

Biggest difference? Ariza does a lot more when he's not scoring and costs about 1/3 the price.

There is no need to explain things to someone like you. You can say throw away lines such as "grow up, douche", but the fact of the matter is you are either trolling or you are so dumb with regards to basketball nothing anyone will say can help you.

Being a Suns fan has certainly not helped you.

Sounds like your upset because I bust your bubble. I would love to hear any additional reasons you think Jefferson was a good move or worth the price.

Then again, you think Im too stupid to understand.

I guess Hollinger is too stupid too:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?sort=per&qual=true&pos=sf&seasonType=2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fsort%3dper%26qual%3dtr ue%26pos%3dsf%26seasonType%3d2

Maybe I should apply at ESPN. I didnt even need any fancy SQL queries to come to my conclusions. :lol

Yeah, you're awesome. You've also convinced yourself that your right, you're not actually listening to other people's arguments as opposed to just shooting them down out of spite, and you apparently love to agree with yourself.

I dont know about you, but I'll take the 15th best SF (based off of PER) in the league as my 4th man. Hell, chances are, him not being the go to guy will probably help him increase his PER if anything. Nevermind that him and the GREAT Artest are only separated by a mere 2 tenths of a point in that category.

:lol

This one is funny. Do you know what the word "fact" means? I dont want to be too mean, but the idiocy is someone claiming that it is a "fact" that anyone is a "near" all-star is humorous. Whether or not he is a near all-star is completely subjective. The only FACT is that he's never made an all-star team. And I doubt he ever will.

Not just mine. Dont forget that two teams have already bailed on Jefferson. One for cap space.

More with the "facts" game. I cant disprove that Jefferson defends bigger guards/sf anymoe than you can prove it so I'll leave it alone. But Im pretty sure Kobe's gonna do whatever he wants against Richard Jefferson.

It actually one of two needs I think he fills for the Spurs. Corner three point shooting and runs the floor well.

Are we talking about salaries? Cuz RJ makes well over twice as much. Ariza certainly rebounds and produces a greater amount of steals than RJ. RJ is a better jump shooter. Thats probably it.

Just cuz you slob all over anyone in sliver and black doesnt mean I have any man love for Hollinger. Im not the biggest Hollinger fan, but I have to give Kudos for PERFECTLY stating my point. Maybe theres something to his analysis. :lol

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?sort=per&qual=true&pos=sg&seasonType=2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fsort%3dper%26qual%3dtr ue%26pos%3dsg%26seasonType%3d2

Keep in mind, RJ was often the first option on his last team. I hope I dont have to explain myself by saying that.

Was Jason richardson ever the first option on a team? and if so, what was his PER at that time?

Everyone answered you, but you just ignored it. You sound dumb. Then you cling to Hollinger like it is gold and when Hollinger is used against you to make a point (Barbosa's PER vs JJ's PER), you back pedal and say even dumber shit like "at the price, you would have to take Barbosa over JJ, right"? Wrong douche.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Depends on how much you value "scoring" versus other categories. And again, I never said Ariza was better than RJ, did I?

If I say Player "X" can only shoot ok, and then I say Player "Y" can shoot, run the floor, handle the ball and defend very well, which player would you think is the better player?

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM

You "no"

I actually didnt say "no".

You first quote me saying I would take LB for 7 million versus JJ for 14.

You THEN post a quote and underline where I said I might consider taking LB for 7 million versus JJ for 14 million. Go back one page and see how much you just owned yourself.

This is why I said it was the greatest piece of self-ownage I had ever witnessed. Thanks for pointing out my consistency.

btw - who did I "not answer"?

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
You are consistently an idiot.

So you are saying what I said you said, and quoted was the truth. I never said you were lying or changing stances all of the time. I said you CONSISTENTLY say stupid shit. That is what the quoting illustrates.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
You try and cling to these lame ass arguments:

You say: "RJ can only shoot. Ariza can shoot as well, defend better and run the floor. He can do more for half the money and has a better PER"

Me: "So you are saying Ariza is better than RJ?"

You: "Where did I say that?"

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
You are consistently an idiot.

So you are saying what I said you said, and quoted was the truth.

What Ive said is this:

1) Jefferson is a one dimensional player who is overpaid, doesnt fit the Spurs needs and eliminates them from the huge Free agent pool next summer.

2) Trevor Ariza is solid role player who would have fit many of the Spurs needs and kept them eligible for those same free agents.

3) Anyone (like you) who thinks that comparing Ariza to Jefferson is stupid should look at their PER and notice that Ariza actually has a higher PER than Jefferson. PER isnt the be-all, end-all but claiming that one is significantly better than the other is contradicted by statistics.

4) LB is not better than Joe Johnson even though he has a better PER. Again though, its not stupid to compare the two. And given the choice between the two at their respective salaries, I would probably take Barbosa considering he costs half as much.

I have been consistent with these opinions which you have proved by quoting nearly everything Ive written over the past week on the subject. If you have a different opinion, then state it. Trying to point out contradictions in my argument is a waste of time and (again), youre making yourself look like a fucking idiot tyring.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I, along with others have stated it. You just choose to ignore it and to shape your arguments as you see fit. No big deal, but you are a KG like prick about it and you act like a troll.

Then you say a bunch of false things like the Spurs could have signed Ariza and gotten Bosh and you use it as a knock against RJ. Not only is it wrong, but it is dumb.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:53 PM
I, along with others have stated it. You just choose to ignore it and to shape your arguments as you see fit. No big deal, but you are a KG like prick about it and you act like a troll.

Stated what? The only thing Ive seen is where youve tried to point out "contradictions" that actually just proved how consistent I am.

Its all about me and my opinion. You proven nothing except that youre not a very smart person.....or a basically a fucking idiot. :lol

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Once again, who said you were not consistent? We have said you are consistently wrong. You seem to have a ton of people agreeing with you and your takes. You are so smart and clever and most importantly CONSISTENT.

Unforgivable
10-12-2009, 02:14 PM
What yall weak faggots arguing about?

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Once again, who said you were not consistent? We have said you are consistently wrong. You seem to have a ton of people agreeing with you and your takes. You are so smart and clever and most importantly CONSISTENT.

You did:

You "no"

And how in the world could I be consistetnly "wrong" (or right for that matter) when the season hasnt been played yet? You truly are a fucking idiot.

DisAsTerBot
10-12-2009, 02:25 PM
What yall weak faggots arguing about?

something about how the spurs shouldve signed trevor ariza instead of rj....since he was a free agent and all :rolleyes

Unforgivable
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Dr. Zhivago vs A Bridge On The River Kwai

Listen up hear bitch, a Brief Encounter is better, just don't watch that Bagger Vance bull, or I'll slit your throat from ear to ear.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
And how in the world could I be consistetnly "wrong" (or right for that matter) when the season hasnt been played yet? You truly are a fucking idiot.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I guess that comes with being a Suns fan and watching that garbage team with that garbage front office.

Adding RJ might not be enough to beat the Lakers, but that does not mean it was a mistake.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Fool, you dont even begin to make sense.

The only thing youve added to this conversation is that you think Im wrong. No reasons why, you just think Im wrong. No opinion of your own, you just think Im wrong. Youre not even sure what part of my opinion youre talking about, all you know is that its wrong.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

btw - If the Spurs dont beat the Lakers followed by Bosh and several other big FAs leave to the highest bidder but the Spurs have no options except extending a broken Ginobili which further prevents them from competing at the championship level for the next several years, then I would consider the Jefferson trade a mistake.

hater
10-13-2009, 09:23 AM
hahaha

Blair is gonna have a lot of mav/laker/sun fans pissed off once he performs in regular season.

Dex
10-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Yo DeJuan Blair, I'm real happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Greg Oden was the best rookie off ALL TIME!

The_Game
10-13-2009, 09:27 AM
hahaha

Blair is gonna have a lot of mav/laker/sun fans pissed off once he performs in regular season.

I think it is unlikely Blair plays that much in the regular season honestly...you know what pop's like.

hater
10-13-2009, 09:28 AM
I think it is unlikely Blair plays that much in the regular season honestly...you know what pop's like.

you must not have heard the latest. Word is Pop sounds more and more convinced on Blair.

Chieflion
10-13-2009, 09:31 AM
We know what Pop is like. We gonna experiment a couple of games. If you good, you play.

NoOptionB
10-13-2009, 09:34 AM

If that is how Pop wants to play it, by the time the playoffs roll around Blair will be player-coach... :hat

Culburn369
10-13-2009, 09:52 AM

That was when you were winning them every-other-year, and before Duncan was eyeballin' the rocking chair. Pop will grab anything he can get a holt of to stave off the Mavs & mediocrity.

DAF86
10-13-2009, 07:02 PM

Don't be greedy, we already have Manu and Tony on that list.

mystargtr34
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Da_suns_fan... do you realise it isnt a fair comparison when you contrast one guy who was by the far the best player on a mediocre team, to a guy who was the 5th option on the best team in the league? Do you think a PER statistic might be slightly skewed for a guy as the number 1 option on a bad team, when his abilities are more suited to being a second, maybe third option at best? Also, do you not think a player becomes less efficient as their role expands, especially on a bad team like Milwaukee.

This question you can actually answer...

Do you think Trevor Ariza would still have a higher PER than Richard Jefferson if they switched places. Say, Ariza spent last season as the number one option for the Bucks, i mean taking 20 FGA and having 75% of the plays run through him as a scorer/creator, with Bogut and Redd missing the majority of the season as they did. And Jefferson was the 5th option on the Lakers behind Kobe, Pau, Lamar and Bynum, taking 10-12 shots per game and living off double teams attracted by those four guys?

Im interested in your view.

all_heart
10-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Don't be greedy, we already have Manu and Tony on that list.

That's because draft steals=Spurs !!:downspin:

Culburn369
10-13-2009, 11:34 PM
That's because draft steals=Spurs !!:downspin:

How do you splain Scola & Leon Smith & Barbosa?

LA24
10-14-2009, 12:27 AM
So you respond to OP's thread with a sarcastic post, implying feelings of hostility.

It shows how much you care. There's care bursting out of you. You're like a care fountain spouting carewater. Care everywhere.

Hey there, that's kinda funny. :lol

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2009, 01:52 AM

Barbosa is easy the nba says you can't trade first round picks two consecutive years, so the spurs got around it by drafting who phoenix wanted just to trade him away, happens all the time.

Xylus
10-14-2009, 02:27 AM

You see, when a man and a woman love each other...

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2009, 02:29 AM
You see, when a man and a woman love each other...

love ain't got shit to do with it, you see when a man sees a woman he wants to bone her.

Xylus
10-14-2009, 02:29 AM
love ain't got shit to do with it, you see when a man sees a woman he wants to bone her.

Speak for yourself, I only get love boners.

angelbelow
10-14-2009, 02:43 AM
I'm astonished at the number of basketball "fans" that are on this site that don't agree with Blair being the greatest rookie of all time. Is it just cause we haven't even played a regular season game yet or what?

Culburn369
10-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Barbosa is easy the nba says you can't trade first round picks two consecutive years, so the spurs got around it by drafting who phoenix wanted just to trade him away, happens all the time.

Ipso facto, what'd you get for Barbosa. And while we're at it, what'd you get for Scola?

wanggi
10-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Ipso facto, If no sex, cubby won't be in love.

Chieflion
10-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Ipso facto, what'd you get for Barbosa. And while we're at it, what'd you get for Scola?
Picks that ended up being Dejuan Blair.

all_heart
10-14-2009, 09:03 AM

Barbosa?! haha Smith who?
Scola was complicated, but Blair makes that all better now :hat

Culburn369
10-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Barbosa?! haha Smith who?
Scola was complicated, but Blair makes that all better now :hat

So, you all are telling me that you turned Scola into a pick that turned out to be Blair?

+ why did you give Barbosa to the Suns? What did you get in return?

da_suns_fan
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Da_suns_fan... do you realise it isnt a fair comparison when you contrast one guy who was by the far the best player on a mediocre team, to a guy who was the 5th option on the best team in the league? Do you think a PER statistic might be slightly skewed for a guy as the number 1 option on a bad team, when his abilities are more suited to being a second, maybe third option at best? Also, do you not think a player becomes less efficient as their role expands, especially on a bad team like Milwaukee.

This question you can actually answer...

For one, Jefferson wasnt the best player on the bucks. That woud be Michael Redd. Secondly, you could just as easily argue that his stats should be inflated considering he gets to do whatever he wants and gets to play tons of minutes. As for not being efficient Im not going to believe for ONE SECOND that Jefferson rebounded poorly because Redd and Bogut were injured. Likewise for his very low assists and steals numbers.

Do you think Trevor Ariza would still have a higher PER than Richard Jefferson if they switched places. Say, Ariza spent last season as the number one option for the Bucks, i mean taking 20 FGA and having 75% of the plays run through him as a scorer/creator, with Bogut and Redd missing the majority of the season as they did. And Jefferson was the 5th option on the Lakers behind Kobe, Pau, Lamar and Bynum, taking 10-12 shots per game and living off double teams attracted by those four guys?
Im interested in your view.

Ariza will have a higher PER than Jefferson this year. Its not about "options". This isnt football. There is no quarterback making reads. Ariza has a higher PER not because of scoring but because he excels in several areas such as rebounds and steal and Jefferson doesnt.

mystargtr34
10-14-2009, 09:25 PM
For one, Jefferson wasnt the best player on the bucks. That woud be Michael Redd. Secondly, you could just as easily argue that his stats should be inflated considering he gets to do whatever he wants and gets to play tons of minutes. As for not being efficient Im not going to believe for ONE SECOND that Jefferson rebounded poorly because Redd and Bogut were injured. Likewise for his very low assists and steals numbers.

Ariza will have a higher PER than Jefferson this year. Its not about "options". This isnt football. There is no quarterback making reads. Ariza has a higher PER not because of scoring but because he excels in several areas such as rebounds and steal and Jefferson doesnt.

This shows how much you watched Jefferson last year. How many games did Michael Redd play? How many games did Andrew Bogut play? You dont think penetrating and dishing to Dan Gadzuric instead of Andrew Bogut makes a difference? Or kicking to Desmond Mason instead of Michael Redd makes a difference in assist numbers?

We are not just talking about Jefferson and Ariza here. When a guy is asked to shoulder a large burden of a teams offense, other areas of his game, such as defense, rebounding and efficienctyy are bound to take a hit - especially when that guy is more accustomed to being a 2nd or 3rd option. It works the opposite way to.

Thats just the way it is.

peskypesky
10-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Dejuan Blair is not the greatest rookie of all-time. Tim Duncan was. David Robinson was second. Blair is like 3rd.

mystargtr34
10-15-2009, 12:30 AM

You didnt answer the question.

mystargtr34
10-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Except for tonight. Blake wiped his ass with the Grizzly Blair.

Griffin > Blair was always the case. Spurs fans will just have to be content with having the second best player in the draft.

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 06:04 AM
"Everything about the '07 and '08 (and the '04, '05 and '06) drafts makes me want to punch myself in the brain. The fact that the pick we gave away in the Dragic trade turned out to be DaJuan Blair is salt in the wounds."

Can somebody give me the particulars on the last the sentence of the above post, please? I'd appreciate it.

I got the information over on phxsuns.net this morning.

urunobili
10-20-2009, 06:16 AM
"Everything about the '07 and '08 (and the '04, '05 and '06) drafts makes me want to punch myself in the brain. The fact that the pick we gave away in the Dragic trade turned out to be DaJuan Blair is salt in the wounds."

Can somebody give me the particulars on the last the sentence of the above post, please? I'd appreciate it.

I got the information over on phxsuns.net this morning.

read this entire thread and it will make sense.... :sleep no one will do that for you... :bang

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 06:19 AM
read this entire thread and it will make sense.... :sleep no one will do that for you... :bang

Wtf can't you just give me the particulars like I asked? I'd do it for you in an instant if the tables were turned.

urunobili
10-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Wtf can't you just give me the particulars like I asked? I'd do it for you in an instant if the tables were turned.

why do you think people will just do stuff for you a Laker fan on a Spurs board? :lol

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 06:25 AM
why do you think people will just do stuff for you a Laker fan on a Spurs board? :lol

It's the NBA Forum.

Just forget I asked.

urunobili
10-20-2009, 06:26 AM
It's the NBA Forum.

Just forget I asked.

the NBA forum on a Spurs board... :rollin

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 06:33 AM
the NBA forum

Word.

urunobili
10-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Word.

:lol i wonder why you keep posting on SpursTalk and not in your own Laker world forums... :rollin

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 06:40 AM
:lol i wonder why you keep posting on SpursTalk and not in your own Laker world forums... :rollin

Because Kobe went sans Daddy and the waters here are fresh for trolling and are immune from my flaming.

tee, hee.

urunobili
10-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Because Kobe went sans Daddy and the waters here are fresh for trolling and are immune from my flaming.

tee, hee.

lol Laker fan without an argument... :lmao

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 06:43 AM
lol Laker fan without an argument... :lmao

...but, with Kobe ringin'/sans Daddy.

tee, hee.

urunobili
10-20-2009, 06:46 AM
...but, with Kobe ringin'/sans Daddy.

tee, hee.

iLuv Kobe... but what does this comment has to do with this thread?c:king

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 06:50 AM
iLuv Kobe.

Yer not all bad then.

DAF86
10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
14 pts, 7/10 FG, 11 rbds, 3 assts. Not bad for a debut.

KSeal
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM

That's damn solid. It's going to be interesting to see how he holds up over the course of an 82 game season.

Brazil
10-28-2009, 10:31 PM

in 20 min

its unfair for the rest of the league... 37th pick :lol

DAF86
01-13-2010, 10:55 PM
28 pts, 21 rbds, 2 blks, 2 stls on 31 min

I feel for you fans of other NBA teams that let this guy slide. :lol

urunobili
01-13-2010, 10:56 PM
lol :owned

z0sa
01-13-2010, 11:01 PM
lol every team other than the Spurs

Thompson
01-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Blair 28pts 21rebs 2blks 2stls 1ba in 31:20

Might have had a little more, but the refs fouled him out (calling a couple of questionable ones on the rookie). The crowd cheered like we'd just lost Wilt when he went out.

Agloco
01-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Blair was robbed. Plain and simple.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-13-2010, 11:37 PM

Might have had a little more, but the refs fouled him out (calling a couple of questionable ones on the rookie). The crowd cheered like we'd just lost Wilt when he went out.

Yeah they did, and the OKC announcers were super excited as well. Blair shit on that team though so I can see why. :lol 6'6 PF outrebouding Green, Kristic and Collison put together.

mystargtr34
01-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I thought the OP was trolling at first.

Chieflion
01-14-2010, 12:02 AM

We will have no idea how that sounds like anyway. Wilt never fouled out his entire career.

Delonte West
01-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Not the greatest of all time, although he is great.

namlook
01-14-2010, 12:36 AM

Enjoy it while you can. One of those no ACL knees can go at any time. It will probably happen after plays well for a couple seasons then gets a big money contract.

Obstructed_View
01-14-2010, 01:03 AM
My team drafted Earl Clark and Taylor Griffin.

Trainwreck2100
01-14-2010, 01:05 AM
and the shitty lopez brother

DAF86
01-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Enjoy it while you can. One of those no ACL knees can go at any time. It will probably happen after plays well for a couple seasons then gets a big money contract.

That's totally fine with me, by that time we will already have two more championships.

ezau
01-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Damn, the Spurs' depth is absolutely coming together already. How great it is to sit out a HOF player in Duncan and still get a 20-20 production from The Beast? Fucking stud

phyzik
01-14-2010, 01:34 AM

Keep up the hope.

He's been doing it all through colledge with no problems.

Hope he doesnt bash on your team.

HOPE. Thats all you have.

hope......

ezau
01-14-2010, 01:51 AM

LMAO for pretending to be a Spurs fan

Obstructed_View
01-14-2010, 02:01 AM
LMAO for pretending to be a Spurs fan

If putting a pic of Fisher's flagrant foul on Scola as his avatar didn't give him away, the fact that he seems to have done it incorrectly should tip you off.

TheManFromAcme
01-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Blair is solid and was a steal. :toast
He's still raw but I see him really blossoming in about 2 years if not sooner.

Spursmania
01-14-2010, 10:26 AM

Ahh, the lame Laker troll makes his appearance again. :troll

Spursmania
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Blair is solid and was a steal. :toast
He's still raw but I see him really blossoming in about 2 years if not sooner.

Thanks LA fan, always enjoy your posts. You've got some solid takes plenty of times. :toast

TheManFromAcme
01-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks LA fan, always enjoy your posts. You've got some solid takes plenty of times. :toast

:toast

EmptyMan
01-14-2010, 11:52 AM
He would be pretty sick if he could get just a Big Baby Jumper.

TheManFromAcme
01-14-2010, 11:59 AM
He would be pretty sick if he could get just a Big Baby Jumper.

Yeah he would. I just remember how he man handled Garnett and the rest of the Celtics front line several weeks ago. I knew when I saw that game this kid had somehting.

Hopefully he doesn't get injured. If he plays smart and develops moves that won't affect his ACL I think this kid will surprise many.

Anyhow, good kid in a good system. :toast

The Gemini Method
01-14-2010, 12:06 PM
The Thunder had no answer for the kid. He is definitely going to be a key piece to the future of the Spurs franchise. Nice pick-up and shame on all the other teams for not giving this guy the proper respect he deserved at the time.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
01-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Great Rookies:Bill RussellWilt ChamberlainElgin BaylorOscar RobertsonJerry WestJulius ErvingElvin HayesLarry BirdMagic JohnsonMichael Jordanooops, let me stop. break out the "Is Blair greater than Michael Jordan threads"!

Obstructed_View
01-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Actually, I'm glad he doesn't have a jumper. One less Spur to come out and try to rely on it in the third quarter or the last five minutes of games.

da_suns_fan
01-15-2010, 12:13 AM
The most impressive thing about Blair is that he seems to LOVE contact underneath the hoop a la the Chuckster.

Maybe Ive just been watching Amare for too long.

da_suns_fan
05-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Bump. What happened to this guy?

jeebus
05-15-2013, 12:10 PM
people found out he's 6'6 and can't play defense.

skut_farkus
05-15-2013, 12:16 PM

Phillip
05-15-2013, 12:45 PM
lol i told everyone from the get go that blair is mediocre at best, and got ridiculed by spurfans like jews in 1942

playblair
05-15-2013, 02:07 PM

popovich tried turning blair into a diaw type player.............................

AaronY
05-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I think it must be athletic somehow..his rebounding-which was his differentiating skill-was spectacular his first two years and now is just average..if you go by them rebound rates and shit..

Budkin
05-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Serious decline of Blair... went from his first 2 years to whatever the fuck that was he did last night... running one hander from the top of the key that didn't even come close to going in.

Brunodf
05-15-2013, 03:02 PM
:rollinThis thread

Quadzilla99
05-15-2013, 03:19 PM
I don't know if its his acls or his weight but he does not look like the same player from a few years ago.

Robz4000
05-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Thank you for giving us Blair and Hairston in a single trade.

:lmao

mudyez
05-15-2013, 03:25 PM
people found out he's 6'6 and can't play defense.

F***, who is that guy on your sig. I know I know him! :)

Robz4000
05-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Well that settles it. Steve Kerr is the worst GM...no...worst evaluator of talent in the history of basketball!

The only thing people are talking about in Phoenix today is how we screwed up and how we could have had Blair!

You should apologize to Steve Kerr ASAP tbh...

mudyez
05-15-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm still glad we drafted him (Who else? Jerebko may have worked. Budinger?, De Colo?....uhhh wait!).

Only sad, we didn't trade him when everyone loved him (at his peak he might have landed us something just shy of a lottery pick).

Overall I think he is likable and in the right situation (fast pace, offense first teamm with an athletic big next to him...think Denver) still may be an NBA player. Just not for a contender.

da_suns_fan
05-15-2013, 04:59 PM
You should apologize to Steve Kerr ASAP tbh...

i think you missed the sarcasm. i made this thread during the 09 pre-season in which all Spurs fans were going ape-shit over Blair.

DMC
05-15-2013, 05:02 PM
I got ridden out of town on a rail by the bnsf when I said Blair was not NBA ready. In fact, one poster even went to far as to say the Spurs would have won 70 games had Blair not been benched that year the Spurs got beaten in the 1st round by Memphis.

DMC
05-15-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm still glad we drafted him (Who else? Jerebko may have worked. Budinger?, De Colo?....uhhh wait!).

Only sad, we didn't trade him when everyone loved him (at his peak he might have landed us something just shy of a lottery pick).

Overall I think he is likable and in the right situation (fast pace, offense first teamm with an athletic big next to him...think Denver) still may be an NBA player. Just not for a contender.

Blair was ok before he was trained to not foul out. When they were allowing him to gather fouls for rebounds, he was doing good on the boards but he'd foul out by the end of the 3rd quarter. After the summer he worked on his footwork in the paint and his FT shooting. The following season his rebounds dropped off and he just didn't have that natural positioning any longer. I suppose raw talent can be diluted with fundamentals and some minds cannot adapt.

playblair
05-15-2013, 05:04 PM
blair 30/20 game >>>>>>>>>>>>> diaw/bonner/dice ........................

hater
05-15-2013, 05:07 PM
And I've liked what I've seen of Dragic. I think he can be a good player but it's unreal what Kerr has given away to get him.

:lmao

hater
05-15-2013, 05:14 PM

:lmao :lmao what ever happened to this gem of a poster :lmao

InK
05-15-2013, 05:20 PM
I think it must be athletic

/thread

KL2
05-15-2013, 06:14 PM

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2162768770/Twitter.png

Robz4000
05-15-2013, 06:29 PM
i think you missed the sarcasm. i made this thread during the 09 pre-season in which all Spurs fans were going ape-shit over Blair.

Ah.

anonoftheinternets
05-15-2013, 06:35 PM
lol i told everyone from the get go that blair is mediocre at best, and got ridiculed by spurfans like jews in 1942

u tell everyone every spur is mediocre ...

DAF86
05-15-2013, 07:59 PM

C'mon son. A 30 pts, 20 rbds performance from a rookie (or sophomore, I don't recall anymore). It's hard not to get excited about that, tbh. :lol

Raven
05-15-2013, 08:07 PM
i think it's more us improving than him declining. We changed our offense and we changed our defense, blair doesn't fit anymore and also back then he was playing strictly in the paint being the Fatass. Sort of an undersized Randolph, he's not playing that type of bball today.

Phillip
05-15-2013, 10:39 PM
u tell everyone every spur is mediocre ...

incorrect

always been a huge fan of ginobili and duncan

ginobili is one of the most skilled players ive ever seen, and has a type of heart and determination that all player should strive to have

duncan can have a great argument made in his behalf that he is the best big man to ever play basketball

DPG21920
05-15-2013, 10:54 PM

He's even worse than Curry.

Phillip
05-15-2013, 11:25 PM
He's even worse than Curry.
eddy?

da_suns_fan
02-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Suns waived Blair today.

Kawhitstorm
02-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Would have been the ultimate Draymond Green killer if he wasn't a low IQ player.

Splits
02-23-2016, 02:13 PM
Blair would've won multiple MVPs in the 90s

da_suns_fan
02-24-2016, 09:34 AM
Interesting that this thread turned into a Spurs fan defense of the Richard Jefferson signing.

Go back and read page four.