PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Spurs' Big Three, reunited

duncan228
10-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Spurs' Big Three, reunited (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/10/spurs-big-three.html)
By Jeff McDonald

A moment of levity from today's post-workout scrum at the Spurs practice facility ...

Manu Ginobili was just about to address the gathered media when a gray-haired gentleman with a beard snuck into the group and grabbed one of the TV cameramen's microphone. Yes, it was Gregg Popovich -- playing news reporter -- who fired off the first question:

"How do you feel about Pop jacking you around? Sometimes you start, sometimes you're coming off the bench. You never know what your minutes are going to be."

Ginobili cut him off.

"I'm really freaking tired of that," he said, to laughter all around.

Ginobili ought to have reason to smile in Friday's preseason game against Greek power Olympiacos. Not only is he set to make his second start of the preseason, he ought to have company.

Popovich said this morning that Tony Parker and Tim Duncan are also supposed to suit up for the first time this preseason. If so, it will mark the first time the Spurs' so-called Big Three are in uniform together since April 5, after which Ginobili's 2008-09 season was ended by a stress fracture in his right leg.

"For me, it was great the last game," said Ginobili, who made a 13-minute cameo in Tuesday's loss to Houston. "I just wanted to play. I didn't care against who, or with who. I just wanted to be out there."

The prospect of being reunited with Parker and Duncan should make Friday's game special, Ginobili said.

"It's important for us to get to play again together," Ginobili said. "It's going to be a fun game. I really can't wait."

xtremesteven33
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Damn i guess Friday is the first game where basically the NEW team plays together...

Spurs Brazil
10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Manu Ginobili was just about to address the gathered media when a gray-haired gentleman with a beard snuck into the group and grabbed one of the TV cameramen's microphone. Yes, it was Gregg Popovich -- playing news reporter -- who fired off the first question:

"How do you feel about Pop jacking you around? Sometimes you start, sometimes you're coming off the bench. You never know what your minutes are going to be."

Ginobili cut him off.

:lol

I hope spursdotcom has this video for us

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-08-2009, 03:33 PM
...and it feels so good.

#2!
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM

Ginobili cut him off.

:lmao:rollin lol'd in class just now. this season is gonna be fun w/ all the jokers we've got on the team.

PDXSpursFan
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
My interpretation is that Pop has already made up his mind about starting Ginobili this season :toast

jason1301
10-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Pre-season or not, we don't want to lose this game. I know for sure Pop doesn't want to lose to a team from overseas. Its going to be fun.

To me is not whether Manu starts or not, but whether we want TP with Hill or Manu with Hill on the court. And it makes that much more sense to have Gorgie play alongside Manu. If TP Manu RJ TD and whoever start the game, then is Hill will play with Mason?

Solid D
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
My interpretation is that Pop has already made up his mind about starting Ginobili this season :toast

Just because your wife decides she wants your arm around her in the movies, doesn't mean she wants it there the entire time.

phyzik
10-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Greece is going to get a beat-down after all.

completely deck
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Just because your wife decides she wants your arm around her in the movies, doesn't mean she wants it there the entire time.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1782/lolhuh210123411std.jpg

iManu
10-08-2009, 05:36 PM

Genius! :downspin:

timaios
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Pre-season or not, we don't want to lose this game. I know for sure Pop doesn't want to lose to a team from overseas. Its going to be fun.

To me is not whether Manu starts or not, but whether we want TP with Hill or Manu with Hill on the court. And it makes that much more sense to have Gorgie play alongside Manu. If TP Manu RJ TD and whoever start the game, then is Hill will play with Mason?

How many times do we have to say it, you can have 2 of the big 4 always on the court if you want.
You don't change 4 guys at the same time.

For exemple : Manu can play the first 6 min. Tony & RJ can play the first 11-12 min. Then George take the place of Tony and Manu the place of RJ.
Duncan can play the first 8 min etc...

PDXSpursFan
10-08-2009, 05:58 PM
how many times do we have to say it, you can have 2 of the big 4 always on the court if you want.

For exemple : Manu can play the first 6 min. Tony & rj can play the first 11-12 min. Then george take the place of tony and manu the place of rj.

+1

EricB
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Starting him is a mistake.

DAF86
10-08-2009, 06:18 PM
How many times do we have to say it, you can have 2 of the big 4 always on the court if you want.

For exemple : Manu can play the first 6 min. Tony & RJ can play the first 11-12 min. Then George take the place of Tony and Manu the place of RJ.

Yep, pretty much what Pop does when Manu starts.

honestfool84
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM

:lmao

+1

jason1301
10-09-2009, 12:56 AM

Any way you slice it, if TP and Manu start, at some point Hill and Mason will be on the court together. Otherwise you will be overplaying Manu and Tony can't be on the court the whole time.

xellos88330
10-09-2009, 01:03 AM
^what about hairston?

crc21209
10-09-2009, 02:18 AM
The Big 3 is back! Hell yeah! :tu