PDA

View Full Version : ‘Safe School Czar’ Ignored Statutory Rape

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Way to protect the kids.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/28/at-the-presidents-pleasure/?source=newsletter_opinion_headlines

A teacher was told by a 15-year-old high school sophomore that he was having homosexual sex with an "older man." At the very least, statutory rape occurred. Fox News reported that the teacher violated a state law requiring that he report the abuse. That former teacher, Kevin Jennings, is President Obama's "safe school czar." It's getting hard to keep track of all of this president's problematic appointments. Clearly, the process for vetting White House employees has broken down.

In this one case in which Mr. Jennings had a real chance to protect a young boy from a sexual predator, he not only failed to do what the law required but actually encouraged the relationship.

According to Mr. Jennings' own description in a new audiotape discovered by Fox News, the 15-year-old boy met the "older man" in a "bus station bathroom" and was taken to the older man's home that night. When some details about the case became public, Mr. Jennings threatened to sue another teacher who called his failure to report the statutory rape "unethical." Mr. Jennings' defenders asserted that there was no evidence that he was aware the student had sex with the older man.

However, the new audiotape contradicts this claim. In 2000, Mr. Jennings gave a talk to the Iowa chapter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, an advocacy group that promotes homosexuality in schools. On the tape, Mr. Jennings recollected that he told the student to make sure "to use a condom" when he was with the older man. That he actively encouraged the relationship is reinforced by Mr. Jennings' own description in his 1994 book, "One Teacher in 10." In that account, the teacher boasts how he allayed the student's concerns about the relationship to such a degree that the 15-year-old "left my office with a smile on his face that I would see every time I saw him on the campus for the next two years, until he graduated."

Mr. Jennings' denials about these events reveal a lack of remorse. He has not admitted that he made mistakes in this case, and he now refuses to answer any questions about the scandal. Don't forget, this is a presidential appointee we're talking about. Mr. Obama should make clear what his standards are for public servants serving at the pleasure of the president. Encouraging and covering up man-boy sexual activity are serious offenses. The White House should force Mr. Jennings to come clean.

Mr. Jennings has made extremely radical statements promoting homosexuality in schools and about his utter contempt for religion that render him unsuitable for a prestigious White House appointment. His job in the Obama administration is to ensure student safety, and this scandal directly calls into question his ability to perform that job. Mr. Jennings and Obama administration officials refuse to answer any questions about this newly discovered evidence. A lot of Americans want answers about this guy and how he was approved for a job in the White House.

LnGrrrR
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Mr. Jennings has made extremely radical statements promoting homosexuality in schools and about his utter contempt for religion that render him unsuitable for a prestigious White House appointment.

Wow... that's a loaded statement. Unless he's actively promoting homosexuality over/instead of heterosexuality, I can't see how radical it could be. And contempt for religion means you can't be in the White House? I wonder who wrote the article.

I haven't read the rest of the story, but assuming it's true, it was definitely a poor decision on his part. I just thought that one part of the story stood out.

The Reckoning
10-08-2009, 03:44 PM
js, the dobie in your sig = :tu

LnGrrrR
10-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh, here's some more info:

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2009/10/02/Jennings_Student_Was_of_Age_in_1987/

However, the driver's license shows that the student was 16 in 1987 -- therefore he was of the legal age of consent in Massachusetts, with his birthday occurring at least a month before Jennings had started teaching at his school that fall.

Changes the story slightly, hm?

LnGrrrR
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
The student also doesn't seem too scarred by the ordeal...

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200910020029

Since I was of legal consent at the time, the fifteen-minute conversation I had with Mr. Jennings twenty-one years ago is of nobody's concern but his and mine. However, since the Republican noise machine is so concerned about my "well-being" and that of America's students, they'll be relieved to know that I was not "inducted" into homosexuality, assaulted, raped, or sold into sexual slavery.
In 1988, I had taken a bus home for the weekend, and on the return trip met someone who was also gay. The next day, I had a conversation with Mr. Jennings about it. I had no sexual contact with anybody at the time, though I was entirely legally free to do so. I was a sixteen year-old going through something most of us have experienced: adolescence. I find it regrettable that the people who have the compassion and integrity to protect our nation's students are themselves in need of protection from homophobic smear attacks. Were it not for Mr. Jennings' courage and concern for my well-being at that time in my life, I doubt I'd be the proud gay man that I am today.
- Brewster

George Gervin's Afro
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
another non issue .... :sleep

clambake
10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
:lol

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh, here's some more info:

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2009/10/02/Jennings_Student_Was_of_Age_in_1987/

Changes the story slightly, hm?

Jennings said he was 15 so no. It's about his judgement. Now he is the CZAR for safe schools. I have to read more up on this too. But this alone makes me sick.

clambake
10-08-2009, 03:52 PM
was it a black kid?

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 03:53 PM
was it a black kid?

No clue.

ChumpDumper
Jennings said he was 15 so no.Where? There's no such quote in the OP.

LnGrrrR
Jennings said he was 15 so no. It's about his judgement. Now he is the CZAR for safe schools. I have to read more up on this too. But this alone makes me sick.

Except... the links I have show that he was 16, which was of legal age. And the kid said so himself. So... *shrug*

What makes you sick? The fact that he was homosexual? Or the fact that he was having consentual sex and asked an administrator about it, who asked him to use protection if he was going to have sex?

clambake
10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
we have to find out if it was a black kid.

that would make me sick.

George Gervin's Afro
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Except... the links I have show that he was 16, which was of legal age. And the kid said so himself. So... *shrug*

What makes you sick? The fact that he was homosexual? Or the fact that he was having consentual sex and asked an administrator about it, who asked him to use protection if he was going to have sex?

well actually conservatives don't condone safe sex so jack probably has multiple problems with this story..

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 03:59 PM

Except what? Jennings thought he was 15.(The kid might be lying now) He should have went to the authorities if he thought the boy was 15. I will have to look it up but by law Jennings might have had to report the rape. Again in Jennings mind the boy was 15. I don't want him as a CZAR for safe schools. What good parent would?

"Oh you met a 26-27-28 year old man in a bus stop and had sex with him? Make sure you use a condom." That is what makes me sick. If it was a 15 year old girl and her guidance counselor said the samething it would make me sick too.

boutons_deux
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Hannity is trying to match Beckkk and bag himself a czar.

Moonie's WashingtonTimes? :lol

ChumpDumper
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Except what? Jennings thought he was 15.(The kid might be lying now) He should have went to the authorities if he thought the boy was 15.You'll have to link that for us.

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Where? There's no such quote in the OP.

Another link.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/091004

Jennings apparently learned from his mentor. He repeatedly tells a story (also included in his memoirs) that he counseled a 15-year-old student who came to him for help after the boy had been preyed on by an older man in a bus station bathroom. Rather than report this instance of statutory rape, as he was required to by law, Jennings advice was that next time the boy should be sure to "use a condom."

ChumpDumper
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Another link.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/091004

Jennings apparently learned from his mentor. He repeatedly tells a story (also included in his memoirs) that he counseled a 15-year-old student who came to him for help after the boy had been preyed on by an older man in a bus station bathroom. Rather than report this instance of statutory rape, as he was required to by law, Jennings advice was that next time the boy should be sure to "use a condom."So if it's in his memoir, why doesn't anyone quote the passage?

Could it be that 20 years later, his memory was off by one year?

Do you consider that to be a possibility?

The student's recollection points to just that.

hater
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
damn what a pathetic effort

antimvp
10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
thats how fags are made.

PEP
10-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow, weird, so why did this kid go to this guy in first place to tell him about the relationship? Just for shits and giggles?

So all you guys think that just because he was 16 it was alright to have a relationship with an adult? If the age of consent is 16 there's nothing wrong with it?

Would you condone your 16 year old doing that?

I wouldnt want this man in charge of my kids school district. What does a safe school czar do anyways?

ChumpDumper
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Wow, weird, so why did this kid go to this guy in first place to tell him about the relationship? Just for shits and giggles?

So all you guys think that just because he was 16 it was alright to have a relationship with an adult? If the age of consent is 16 there's nothing wrong with it?Legally, no. That's what consent means.

Would you condone your 16 year old doing that?Not at issue.

I wouldnt want this man in charge of my kids school district. What does a safe school czar do anyways?Ask Bush. He created this czar position.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Hannity is trying to match Beckkk and bag himself a czar.

Moonie's WashingtonTimes? :lol I wish him good hunting then.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
So if it's in his memoir, why doesn't anyone quote the passage?

Could it be that 20 years later, his memory was off by one year?

Do you consider that to be a possibility?

The student's recollection points to just that. Did you consider the kid changed his story in order not to embarass the whitehouse and Mr. Jennings.

clambake
10-08-2009, 06:52 PM
can you rehabilitate him, micca?

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Seriuosly Jack I don't know why you are so suprised, sickened I can understand, but suprised no, I mean this is a political movement that is setting up whorehouses to sell 15 year old illegal latina girls, why would statutory rape be looked down upon.What is truly sickening is how many democrats will legitamize this in order to maintain partisian control. I once said these Obamatrons would watch this regime eat their children and call it chicken, they will have even less qualms with YOUR children
Bye the bye Lngrr tell me what if this was your son having sex with men in public stalls, wouldn't you want the teacher to make you aware of the fact as a parent?

clambake
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
this is an interesting thread. you guys can't contain yourselves when you're bashing fags in front of an audience......

....but you take one to the side, in private...and.......whoop! there it is!

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 07:06 PM
this is an interesting thread. you guys can't contain yourselves when you're bashing fags in front of an audience......

....but you take one to the side, in private...and.......whoop! there it is!Who's gay bashing, thinking it is criminal for a teacher not to make a parent aware that their child is having suicidal sex in the time of AIDS is not gay bashing.It would be euqally offensive if it was a girl

clambake
10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Who's gay bashing, thinking it is criminal for a teacher not to make a parent aware that their child is having suicidal sex in the time of AIDS is not gay bashing.It would be euqally offensive if it was a girl

:lmao or having drama queen sex.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
:lmao or having drama queen sex.

white noise

clambake
10-08-2009, 07:12 PM
micca queen. lol

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 07:13 PM
:sleep
micca queen. lol

clambake
10-08-2009, 07:18 PM
i heard the story is so vague because they're trying to protect sen. craig.

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
This story is in the begining stages. The main problem (lots of problems with this cat) is he thought he was 15. He tells the story as the boy being 15. It's pretty simple. It's called rape and Jennings is a CZAR for safe school and was in a postion to do the right thing which is bust the ass who raped the 15 year old.

Girl or guy does not matter. Gay or Straight does not matter. Honestly, if Jennings does not have a explaination for not turning the perp in for raping a who he thought was 15 years old, he will resign or be fired. Just like Van Jones you will have people defend,ask meaningless question but in the end he will quit just like Van Jones. Time will tell.

clambake
10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
where's the proof jack?

clambake
10-08-2009, 07:23 PM
only a pussy would quit under these circumstances.

LnGrrrR
10-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Bye the bye Lngrr tell me what if this was your son having sex with men in public stalls, wouldn't you want the teacher to make you aware of the fact as a parent?

I would hope that he would tell me about it, rather than feeling the need to go to a teacher.

I can see your point Jack, about the teacher thinking he was 15. If that was the case, he certainly should have reported it.

Though, in all honesty, I don't know whether the police could have definitely followed up on it. And I'm not sure if the man who was having sex with the boy knew his age either.

It seemed a mostly victimless crime to me. The boy was of age, and had sex with consent. Even if the boy was 15, I am leery to demand the teacher turn him in. Kids that age have sex, and I would assume that the teacher knew 1) this kid was going to have sex eventually and wanted to stress the importance of protection and 2) thought that if he was coming to him, the teacher, that maybe the child had reasons for maintaining privacy. (Ie. he didn't want to be outed to his folks)

The above paragraph, of course, is mere speculation. It could be that this guy just has really poor judgment too. None of us can say for sure.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
only a pussy would quit under these circumstances. Van Jones

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 07:41 PM
It seemed a mostly victimless crime to me. The boy was of age, and had sex with consent. Even if the boy was 15, I am leery to demand the teacher turn him in. Kids that age have sex, and I would assume that the teacher knew 1) this kid was going to have sex eventually and wanted to stress the importance of protection and 2) thought that if he was coming to him, the teacher, that maybe the child had reasons for maintaining privacy. (Ie. he didn't want to be outed to his folks)

The above paragraph, of course, is mere speculation. It could be that this guy just has really poor judgment too. None of us can say for sure.

There it is. Gay or straight really doesn't matter in this case. Same people who think it is ok for a 15 year old girl to have sex with a 26-28 year old girl should think it's alright for a 15 year old boy to screw the same guy. A majority of the americans think a 20 something year old man/women should not be having sex with a 15 year old. There are laws against it. I am against it and I am damn sure this Jenning character should not be a CZAR for safe schools because of that. He has alot more skeletons in his closet concerning his thoughts on young boys having sex with older men. Stay tuned!

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I would hope that he would tell me about it, rather than feeling the need to go to a teacher.

I can see your point Jack, about the teacher thinking he was 15. If that was the case, he certainly should have reported it.

Though, in all honesty, I don't know whether the police could have definitely followed up on it. And I'm not sure if the man who was having sex with the boy knew his age either.

Really dude, We are all aware of the high rates demanded by insurance companies for covering 16 year old drivers, because of their reckless and irresponsible behaviour.why would you presume a teenager would suddenly make more mature choices when it came to sex.
Do you really think and are you prepared to put your trust for your childs life in the hands of some public school buerucrat's judgemnets, and finally what would you do personally in his shoes would you feel responsible to the judgments of a 15 year old for his saftey or would you feel compeled to make his parents aware.

clambake
10-08-2009, 07:52 PM
the kid could have told many people, jack.

by the way........tell us, as his parent.......what you would do about it.

clambake
10-08-2009, 07:56 PM
gay bashers suddenly turned nurturing thread.

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM
the kid could have told many people, jack.

by the way........tell us, as his parent.......what you would do about it.

"If" he did tell anyone else and they were the CZAR of safe schools I would want them fired too. I don't have to be his parent to turn someone in for rape.

Have an opinion once in awhile. I gave you mine, lets hear yours. Let me guess, more doubt Jennings even said any of this.:lol

boutons_deux
10-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Hannity/Fox lies, some think:

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/143168/?type=blog

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Hannity/Fox lies, some think:

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/143168/?type=blog
damage control send in a wet team.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 08:21 PM
gay bashers suddenly turned nurturing thread. You're such a provincial little bigot, it's cute but grows old quick.

Wild Cobra
10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I haven't even read any of this thread. Don't need to. Heard it already on the news.

I am simply amazed at how immoral this administration is. Like someone else said, I'm getting numb.

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 08:26 PM
damage control send in a wet team.

:lol I know I'm stating the obvious but fuck it. Blame Bush, Fox lies, People are racist, you are stupid. Those are typical answers a Obama dems give. This story has some legs.

dallaskd
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
No kidding thats the most fucked up story ive heard in a long time

clambake
10-08-2009, 08:59 PM
thank goodness for adults like jennings.

these kids need to talk to authority figures without being ridiculed or beaten by their fathers.

you agree....don't you jack, micca?

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
No kidding thats the most fucked up story ive heard in a long time Daaaaamn that's cut.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 09:05 PM

these kids need to talk to authority figures without being ridiculed or beaten by their fathers.

you agree....don't you jack, micca?AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, nah

jack sommerset
10-08-2009, 09:12 PM

you agree....don't you jack, micca?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Uh NOOOOOOOOOO. I don't agree about Jennings being a good person. The 26-28 year old man that screwed what Jennings thought was a 15 year old sure the hell was not a responsible adult.(micca has gotta stop) Kids need good people like myself. I won't try to screw them or tell them "hope you wore a rubber when that dude pick you up at the bus station and bunholed you":lol

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
if you have a 15 year old gay kid.......and you don't know it.......then you suck as a parent.

not only should you not be a parent......you should be forbidden to discuss anything that involves children.

thank goodness there are adults that kids can talk to.

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:17 PM
if you have a 15 year old gay kid.......and you don't know it.......then you suck as a parent.

not only should you not be a parent......you should be forbidden to discuss anything that involves children.

thank goodness there are adults that kids can talk to.

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:17 PM
cool.......the computer thought it should be posted twice.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 09:18 PM

thank goodness there are adults that kids can talk to.Are you talking from your experince as a 15 year old gay kid or as a parent.

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:20 PM
thank goodness you don't have children, micca.

this is how you would treat them.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
No one has even produced a direct quote from Jennings saying he thought the student was 15 at the time.

One would think that it would have been seen in this thread by now.

Wild Cobra would call it slander -- even though he still doesn't know what that means.

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
who cares, chump?

these guys are haggard, foley, and craig....that side of the stall.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
thank goodness you don't have children, micca.

this is how you would treat them.I do have children

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 09:28 PM
No one has even produced a direct quote from Jennings saying he thought the student was 15 at the time.

One would think that it would have been seen in this thread by now.

Wild Cobra would call it slander -- even though he still doesn't know what that means. HEEEEEEY were you the guy that thought ACORN was bringing those girls up from el salvador to sing in an all girls choir, or were you the Iranian holocust historian.

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM
we need to separate children from their redneck parents.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2009, 09:30 PM
HEEEEEEY were you the guy that thought ACORN was bringing those girls up from el salvador to sing in an all girls choir, or were you the Iranian holocust historian.Looks like you are the guy who is trying to change the subject rather than producing a direct quote.

You are also the one who thought the conservatives taping the ACORN workers actually had sex slaves -- looks like you still do.

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
micca is tough around 15 year old gay kids.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
To you clam it's about fags, to us it's about some penciled neck geek in the buerucracy pushing an agenda that say that appartchicks should have a right to upsurp the family.To destroy the pillars of society and replace them with....................THE STATE........... see tyranny.

hope4dopes
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Looks like you are the guy who is trying to change the subject rather than producing a direct quote.

You are also the one who thought the conservatives taping the ACORN workers actually had sex slaves -- looks like you still do. wow look denial isn't even working for Obama anymore use your imagination....expand.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
To you clam it's about fags, to us it's about some penciled neck geek in the buerucracy pushing an agenda that say that appartchicks should have a right to upsurp the family.To destroy the pillars of society and replace them with....................THE STATE........... see tyranny.I agree Bush should not have created this czar position.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2009, 09:35 PM
wow look denial isn't even working for Obama anymore use your imagination....expand.Actually, that's all that is required for the conservative owned sex slaves -- because they are imaginary.

Why haven't you produced a direct quote from Jennings saying he thought the kid was 15 at the time? Is that quote also imaginary like the conservative-owned sex slaves?

I'd be more inclined to believe he said it in his memoirs if I saw a quote from his memoirs actually saying it. Is that too much to ask?

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
To you clam it's about fags, to us it's about some penciled neck geek in the buerucracy pushing an agenda that say that appartchicks should have a right to upsurp the family.To destroy the pillars of society and replace them with....................THE STATE........... see tyranny.

this kid went for help because of fathers that don't understand.

are you that father, micca?

clambake
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
lol micca said pillars.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm hoping all this mess will end up on the termination of this Czars thing. Obama should just fire them all and then appoint new guys following a proper process.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Looks like you are the guy who is trying to change the subject rather than producing a direct quote.

You are also the one who thought the conservatives taping the ACORN workers actually had sex slaves -- looks like you still do.
You want proof yet believe in global warming. I bet you believe unid'd witnesses in an anti-bush book.

spurster
10-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I think there are a lot of people in this thread who wouldn't last long as school counsellors. Is the job to be the police or confidential advisor? To be sure, if someone is getting assaulted, go to the police. But if no one is getting badly hurt, do you go to the police no matter what?

I know some will turn that around to say I'm saying this situation is trivial, but how can you advise kids on drugs, sex, gangs, bullying and other abuse, etc. if you went to the police each and every time? I'm just trying to say this is not the black-and-white situation that everyone is trying to paint it.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I think there are a lot of people in this thread who wouldn't last long as school counsellors. Is the job to be the police or confidential advisor? To be sure, if someone is getting assaulted, go to the police. But if no one is getting badly hurt, do you go to the police no matter what?

I know some will turn that around to say I'm saying this situation is trivial, but how can you advise kids on drugs, sex, gangs, bullying and other abuse, etc. if you went to the police each and every time? I'm just trying to say this is not the black-and-white situation that everyone is trying to paint it.

I would go to the police if I thought a 15 year old was raped. I'm just saying. A sophmore in highschool tells me he/she went to the bus station and fucked some 26 or older dude I would call the police. Not black and white, girl or boy.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
i think there are a lot of people in this thread who wouldn't last long as school counsellors. Is the job to be the police or confidential advisor? To be sure, if someone is getting assaulted, go to the police. But if no one is getting badly hurt, do you go to the police no matter what?

I know some will turn that around to say i'm saying this situation is trivial, but how can you advise kids on drugs, sex, gangs, bullying and other abuse, etc. If you went to the police each and every time? I'm just trying to say this is not the black-and-white situation that everyone is trying to paint it.

http://www.school-counseling-zone.com/confidentiality.html
5. What are the limits of confidentiality for school counselors? ethically, school counselors are required to take appropriate action if students engage in behavior that presents clear and imminent danger to themselves and others. Legally, they're required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect,-

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM

The above paragraph, of course, is mere speculation. It could be that this guy just has really poor judgment too. None of us can say for sure.:wow
This is not about young teenagers having consentual sex. Even though I am against the normalization of kids having sex, that is a different discussion. This is about a grown man getting close enough to and having sex with a 16 yr old. The man is a predator. If the teacher thought he was 15, what's to say that the predator didn't think the kid was 12 or 13? This goes against our culture's morals. Our country and especially school counselors should be protecting these kids.

School counselors must balance their ethical and legal responsibilities to their clients, clients' parents, and school systems. This complex balancing act is one reason that the topic of maintaining the confidences of student clients is raised in virtually every discussion of ethical and legal issues in school counseling. In attempting to weigh their legal and ethical obligations, it is helpful for school counselors to clearly identify those they consider to be "clients." School counselors are part of an educational community. As such, they consult with teachers, administrators, and parents. It is important for school counselors to clarify that their consultation is on behalf of students and that only the students are their clients
-http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KOC/is_1_6/ai_93700936/

the ethical codes and the law are in agreement that confidentiality is to be broken in cases where child abuse is suspected, in cases of harm to self such as attempted suicide, and in cases where clear and imminent danger to others is threatened.
-http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KOC/is_2_6/ai_96194766/?tag=rbxcra.2.a.22

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm hoping all this mess will end up on the termination of this Czars thing.This czar post was created by Bush.
Obama should just fire them all and then appoint new guys following a proper process.And what proper process would that be?

You want proof yet believe in global warming. I bet you believe unid'd witnesses in an anti-bush book.I merely want a direct quote from Jennings.

I couldn't help but notice you didn't give one.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 03:51 PM
This czar post was created by Bush

So? How is that relevant? What's exactly your point? That the "czar process" shouldn't be eliminated because Bush had czars? Clinton had czars. Bush father had czars. Etc.

clambake
10-09-2009, 03:52 PM
why don't you get your own czar?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 03:53 PM
So? How is that relevant? What's exactly your point? That the "czar process" shouldn't be eliminated because Bush had czars? Clinton had czars. Bush father had czars. Etc.My point is you didn't give a shit about the increase in czars under Bush or the process by which they came into office.

Now you care.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 03:55 PM
My point is you didn't give a shit about the increase in czars under Bush or the process by which they came into office.

Now you care.

I didn't? I don't take accusations of hypocrisy lightly. I also have the principle of not discussing with people that use ad hominem arguments. Please, clarify your statement ASAP. Thanks.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I didn't? I don't take accusations of hypocrisy lightly. I also have the principle of not discussing with people that use ad hominem arguments. Please, clarify your statement ASAP. Thanks.it was pretty clear.

You're welcome.

clambake
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I didn't? I don't take accusations of hypocrisy lightly. I also have the principle of not discussing with people that use ad hominem arguments. Please, clarify your statement ASAP. Thanks.

you should put him on ignore.

how dare he speak to you this way.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
you should put him on ignore.

how dare he speak to you this way.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
why don't you get your own czar?
Dude where's my Czar?

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I didn't? I don't take accusations of hypocrisy lightly. I also have the principle of not discussing with people that use ad hominem arguments. Please, clarify your statement ASAP. Thanks. That is the only thing Chump does.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 04:05 PM
That is the only thing Chump does.Find that quote yet?

The other thing I do is ask questions that board Republicans can't answer.

Makes them mad.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 04:11 PM
it was pretty clear.

You're welcome.

Well, I guess you're either going to prove your accusations or confess you're a calumnious liar.

Don't put me in the middle of your petty political guerrillas. That's not something I'm particularly fond of.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, I guess you're either going to prove your accusations or confess you're a calumnious liar.

Don't put me in the middle of your petty political guerrillas. That's not something I'm particularly fond of.

Ouch!

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Don't put me in the middle of your petty political guerrillas. That's not something I'm particularly fond of.Ok, where are your posts denouncing the czars during the Bush administration?

I admit it was an educated guess. Now you can prove me wrong.

clambake
10-09-2009, 04:21 PM

you may be too fragile for this place.

you should replace all these threads with new threads that go through a process.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Ok, where are your posts denouncing the czars during the Bush administration?

I admit it was an educated guess. Now you can prove me wrong.

I wasn't posting here during the Bush administration. But that's okay, as I've said I don't engage in conversations with a certain kind of person so no need to pursuit this particular argument.

If you want to retract yourself and have a discussion about the issue of the czars, I'd gladly take part. Stay well.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 04:24 PM
you may be too fragile for this place.

you should replace all these threads with new threads that go through a process.
Is fragile finding if difficult to go through your idiotic posts?

clambake
10-09-2009, 04:25 PM
would you like the retraction gift wrapped?

clambake
10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Is fragile finding if difficult to go through your idiotic posts?

and it might damage your spelling.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I wasn't posting here during the Bush administration.You weren't posting anywhere?
But that's okay, as I've said I don't engage in conversations with a certain kind of person so no need to pursuit this particular argument.Which czars were you against during the Bush administration?

If you want to retract yourself and have a discussion about the issue of the czars, I'd gladly take part. Stay well.Nah, I still believe you never gave a shit about czars until the Obama administration. You have done nothing to dissuade me from that belief.

I think that some czars are necessary and some aren't. Always have, always will.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 04:34 PM
You weren't posting anywhere?Which czars were you against during the Bush administration?

Nah, I still believe you never gave a shit about czars until the Obama administration. You have done nothing to dissuade me from that belief.

I think that some czars are necessary and some aren't. Always have, always will.
Which Czars were you against when Bush was in office? before Bush? Did you think what they did to Josh Bolton was right? Should all Czars be confirmed by Congress?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Which Czars were you against when Bush was in office? before Bush?As I said, I think some are quite necessary. If you want to produce a list of them, I could pick some out for you. I don't think a federal school safety czar is all that necessary, for example.
Did you think what they did to Josh Bolton was right?What did "they" do to Josh Bolten?
Should all Czars be confirmed by Congress?No.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 04:50 PM
As I said, I think some are quite necessary. If you want to produce a list of them, I could pick some out for you. I don't think a federal school safety czar is all that necessary, for example. If it is important, why shouldn't they got through the Congress?
What did "they" do to Josh Bolten?
"They" did not confirm him(didn't vote) because they didn't like his views. Not his experience or competence. Should the Congress dictate to the President who his Ambassadors should be? Should they HAVE to vote?
No. WHy not? What should be the purpose of confirmations of Presidential appts? When does the Congress not need to be in the process?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 04:56 PM
If it is important, why shouldn't they got through the Congress?Most of the important ones are.

"They" did not confirm him(didn't vote) because they didn't like his views. Not his experience or competence. Should the Congress dictate to the President who his Ambassadors should be? Should they HAVE to vote? WHy not? What should be the purpose of confirmations of Presidential appts? When does the Congress not need to be in the process?Josh Bolten was never up for an ambassadorship.

John Bolton was.

UN Ambassador is not a czar position.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Most of the important ones are.
Josh Bolten was never up for an ambassadorship.

John Bolton was.

UN Ambassador is not a czar position.:lol never said they were the same thing. There you go again.:lmao

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 05:40 PM
:lol never said they were the same thing. There you go again.:lmaoSo why are you bringing it up?

I believe the UN ambassador and many czar positions should be subject to congressional approval.

clambake
10-09-2009, 05:42 PM
So why are you bringing it up?

I believe the UN ambassador and many czar positions should be subject to congressional approval.

then why didn't you bitch about it before?

fukin hippocrit

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 05:44 PM
then why didn't you bitch about it before?

fukin hippocrit:lol

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 05:44 PM
So why are you bringing it up? They were questions. Why do Ambassadors have to have congressional approval, and czars don't? In your opinion, how come some czars do and some don't?

I believe the UN ambassador and many czar positions should be subject to congressional approval. That is such a convenient notion. What if the congress doesn't vote?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 05:50 PM
They were questions. Why do Ambassadors have to have congressional approval, and czars don't? In your opinion, how come some czars do and some don't?Because some czar positions are more important that others.

That is such a convenient notion. What if the congress doesn't vote?Then Congress doesn't vote. Most of the time if they don't, it's a relatively unimportant position like Assistant Deputy Secretary for the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 06:45 PM
This guy should should not only be fired but should face criminal charges for not reporting statutory rape. If there isn't one, TX should have a law that the govt. run schools should legally have to report abuse to the principal and police.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
This guy should should not only be fired but should face criminal charges for not reporting statutory rape.So has anyone proved that the kid was 15 and having sex when he talked to Jennings?

And I'm sure the statute of limitations on any such law would have run out after 20 years.

hope4dopes
10-09-2009, 07:21 PM
So has anyone proved that the kid was 15 and having sex when he talked to Jennings?

And I'm sure the statute of limitations on any such law would have run out after 20 years. This is beautifull chimp. first we have three different Acorn headquarters giving advice on how to set up whorehouses, we even have the one in San Diego introducing the "clients" to a guy who knows where to get the girls, your cool with that, then we have a "teacher" offering advice to a child on how to carry on a "relationship" with a sexual predator, and your cool with that. Tell me what do you find so appealing about these scenarios abusing the children or do your tastes run more to being the one being abused?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 07:23 PM
This is beautifull chimp. first we have three different Acorn headquarters giving advice on how to set up whorehouses, we even have the one in San Diego introducing the "clients" to a guy who knows where to get the girls, your cool with that, then we have a "teacher" offering advice to a child on how to carry on a "relationship" with a sexual predator, and your cool with that. Tell me what do you find so appealing about these scenarios abusing the children or do your tastes run more to being the one being abused?Meltdown continues. Straw men constructed.

What is the mantra of big brother?

hope4dopes
10-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Meltdown continues. Straw men constructed.

What is the mantra of big brother? the lord says shut up and answer the fuckin question.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 07:36 PM
the lord says shut up and answer the fuckin question.What lord?

What are you talking about?

What is the mantra of big brother?

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Meltdown continues. Straw men constructed.

What is the mantra of big brother? Yeah it's so strange for people to be personally disgusted with the lefts ability to dismiss any morals if it gets in the way of the chosen one's greatness.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah it's so strange for people to be personally disgusted with the lefts ability to dismiss any morals if it gets in the way of the chosen one's greatness.Have you found a quote from Jennings saying he thought the kid was 15 at the time yet?

I'll get upset if there is actually a reason to get upset.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 10:45 PM
“one of the people that always inspired me is Harry Hay.” -Jennings

"[I]f the parents and friends of gays are truly friends of gays, they would know from their gay kids that the relationship with an older man is precisely what thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen-year-old kids need more than anything else in the world." -Harry Hay

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 10:48 PM
“one of the people that always inspired me is Harry Hay.” -Jennings

"[I]f the parents and friends of gays are truly friends of gays, they would know from their gay kids that the relationship with an older man is precisely what thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen-year-old kids need more than anything else in the world." -Harry HayYou don't have a quote saying he thought the kid was 15 when he talked to him, eh?

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 11:17 PM
You don't have a quote saying he thought the kid was 15 when he talked to him, eh? Is there a quote where he said or knew the kid was 16?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Is there a quote where he said or knew the kid was 16?As far as I know, the only quote I've seen is from the kid (now an adult) saying he was 16.

Now you need to find a quote from Jennings saying he thought the kid was 15 at the time.

Do you have such a quote?

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 11:27 PM
As far as I know, the only quote I've seen is from the kid (now an adult) saying he was 16.

Now you need to find a quote from Jennings saying he thought the kid was 15 at the time.

Do you have such a quote?why do i need to find the age? 15 or 16 doesn't mean anything different to me. He was in charge of the kids well being and should have protected the child and not tried to build up his self esteem or be a "cool" counselor.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 11:31 PM
why do i need to find the age? 15 or 16 doesn't mean anything different to me.I means everything legally.

There is no need to, and no use in reporting a consensual relationship to the police.

LnGrrrR
10-13-2009, 11:08 AM
So has anyone proved that the kid was 15 and having sex when he talked to Jennings?

And I'm sure the statute of limitations on any such law would have run out after 20 years.

Actually, in the other thread, it's pointed out that the kid was 16, which was the legal age of consent in Mass.

LnGrrrR
10-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah it's so strange for people to be personally disgusted with the rights ability to dismiss torture if it gets in the way of the nation's safety.

Fixed for you.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Actually, in the other thread, it's pointed out that the kid was 16, which was the legal age of consent in Mass.I know, that's why they can't answer the question.

They just can't bring themselves to say "I can't find any."

spursncowboys
10-13-2009, 12:32 PM
I means everything legally.

There is no need to, and no use in reporting a consensual relationship to the police.

Massachusetts statutory rape laws are very simple. If you engage in sexual relations with a person who is younger than 18 years old, and you are 18 years old or older, you are violating the law.
http://blog.laborlawtalk.com/2006/10/26/massachusetts-statutory-rape-laws/
Chapter 272: Section 4. Inducing person under 18 to have sexual intercourse.
Section 4. Whoever induces any person under eighteen of chaste life to have unlawful sexual intercourse shall be punished as provided in the preceding section.

spursncowboys
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
I know, that's why they can't answer the question.

They just can't bring themselves to say "I can't find any."
Even he thought what he did was wrong and should have informed the police.

Jennings said: "Twenty one years later I can see how I should have handled this situation differently. I should have asked for more information and consulted legal or medical authorities."
Cheerleaders.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Why are you moving the goalposts again?

spursncowboys
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
At the president's pleasure

A teacher was told by a 15-year-old high school sophomore that he was having homosexual sex with an "older man." At the very least, statutory rape occurred. Fox News reported that the teacher violated a state law requiring that he report the abuse. That former teacher, Kevin Jennings, is President Obama's "safe school czar." It's getting hard to keep track of all of this president's problematic appointments. Clearly, the process for vetting White House employees has broken down.
In this one case in which Mr. Jennings had a real chance to protect a young boy from a sexual predator, he not only failed to do what the law required but actually encouraged the relationship.
According to Mr. Jennings' own description in a new audiotape discovered by Fox News, the 15-year-old boy met the "older man" in a "bus station bathroom" and was taken to the older man's home that night. When some details about the case became public, Mr. Jennings threatened to sue another teacher who called his failure to report the statutory rape "unethical." Mr. Jennings' defenders asserted that there was no evidence that he was aware the student had sex with the older man.
However, the new audiotape contradicts this claim. In 2000, Mr. Jennings gave a talk to the Iowa chapter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, an advocacy group that promotes homosexuality in schools. On the tape, Mr. Jennings recollected that he told the student to make sure "to use a condom" when he was with the older man. That he actively encouraged the relationship is reinforced by Mr. Jennings' own description in his 1994 book, "One Teacher in 10." In that account, the teacher boasts how he allayed the student's concerns about the relationship to such a degree that the 15-year-old "left my office with a smile on his face that I would see every time I saw him on the campus for the next two years, until he graduated."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/28/at-the-presidents-pleasure/

hope4dopes
10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Why are you moving the goalposts again? You're fucking disgusting.trying to rationalize this shit.

spursncowboys
10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Why are you moving the goalposts again?
So he should have gone to the police about something that wasn't a crime?
Cheerleader.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
At the president's pleasure

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/28/at-the-presidents-pleasure/So where is the direct quote saying he knew the kid was 15.

The only direct quote we have so far is from the former child saying he wasn't 15.

I'm fine with condemning him if he broke the law. You haven't proved that he broke any law yet.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 12:54 PM
You're fucking disgusting.trying to rationalize this shit.I'm trying to determine whether any law was broken here.

You already proved that made up bullshit can be repeated. I want to know if the child's age was made up bullshit.

spursncowboys
10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm trying to determine whether any law was broken here.

You already proved that made up bullshit can be repeated. I want to know if the child's age was made up bullshit. Keep plugging your ears yelling lah lah lah cheerleader.

hope4dopes
10-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Why are you moving the goalposts again? Any time you see a source you don't like you just try and pretend it's not relevant, but at least it help everyone see what lengths obamatrons will go to in order to protect big brother's divinity.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Any time you see a source you don't like you just try and pretend it's not relevantNo, I actually check out the source and the veracity of its claims.

I'm sorry yours turned out to be complete bullshit, micca, but you should really be more wary of immigration articles written by online bookkeepers.

None of the sources give a direct quote from Jennings saying the kid was 15. The only direct quote we have is from the former teen saying he wasn't 15.

LnGrrrR
10-13-2009, 02:17 PM
SpursNCowboys,

The age of consent in Massachusetts is 16.

http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/subject/about/sex.html

Whoever unlawfully has sexual intercourse or unnatural sexual intercourse, and abuses a child under 16 years of age, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years or, except as otherwise provided, for any term in a jail or house of correction. A prosecution commenced under this section shall neither be continued without a finding nor placed on file.

The law you quoted is the only one listed as under 18 instead of 16.

Whoever induces any person under 18 years of age of chaste life to have unlawful sexual intercourse shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than three years or in a jail or house of correction for not more than two and one-half years or by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by both such fine and imprisonment.

However, the article specifically states that only 1 case has ever been prosecuted on the above law, where it states a man directly asked a boy money for fellatio.

Jennings did not "induce" this child to have sex. He may have affirmed it, agreed with it, or any number of things, but he wasn't trying to actively convince this child to have sex when he didn't want it.

LnGrrrR
10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Here's a handy map for you guys too:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Age_of_Consent.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Age_of_Consent.png

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 02:28 PM
SpursNCowboys,

The age of consent in Massachusetts is 16.

http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/subject/about/sex.htmlYou mean "Nina" who has written only about sex crimes for the past two years on a blog apparently about labor law is full of shit?

And you found this out by checking sources and the veracity of their claims?

Shame on you.

hope4dopes
10-13-2009, 02:52 PM
No, I actually check out the source and the veracity of its claims.

I'm sorry yours turned out to be complete bullshit, micca, but you should really be more wary of immigration articles written by online bookkeepers.

None of the sources give a direct quote from Jennings saying the kid was 15. The only direct quote we have is from the former teen saying he wasn't 15.YOU LIE prove it what source and prove it was a lie.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 02:55 PM
YOU LIE prove it what source and prove it was a lie.I asked for a direct quote from Jennings saying the kid was 15.

You don't have one.

The age of consent has been clearly established, and "Nina" has been proven wrong.

LnGrrrR
10-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Hope,

You're asking ChumpDumper to prove YOUR claim that he was 15?

hope4dopes
10-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Peace brothers....Let cowboy and me have our point of view and Chimp and Lngrr. My fondest hope for you Lngrr is that if your 15 or16 year old son wants to have sex with a 30 year old sexual predator in the stalls of public restrooms that they're plenty around for him to find.For you Chimp I hope they finally except you into nambla.... I think you'd make an excellent poster boy.
You have to choose for yourself what's right or wrong in the end you do what you do.

hope4dopes
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
I asked for a direct quote from Jennings saying the kid was 15.

You don't have one.

The age of consent has been clearly established, and "Nina" has been proven wrong. No your side stepping the issue, your allegation to me was about facts concerning illegal aliens not jennings, again YOU LIE>Prove it.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 04:11 PM
No your side stepping the issue, your allegation to me was about facts concerning illegal aliens not jennings, again YOU LIE>Prove it.I did it in the other thread. It's buried under your cut and paste meltdown.

I provided a link and everything, dummy.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Peace brothers....Let cowboy and me have our point of view and Chimp and Lngrr. My fondest hope for you Lngrr is that if your 15 or16 year old son wants to have sex with a 30 year old sexual predator in the stalls of public restrooms that they're plenty around for him to find.For you Chimp I hope they finally except you into nambla.... I think you'd make an excellent poster boy.
You have to choose for yourself what's right or wrong in the end you do what you do.I asked for a direct quote from Jennings saying he thought the kid was 15. You couldn't, so you got mad and melted down and tried to change the subject to the subject you tried to change from in the other thread after you melted down there.

hope4dopes
10-13-2009, 04:15 PM
I did it in the other thread. It's buried under your cut and paste meltdown.

I provided a link and everything, dummy.Those were facts compiled by Numbers USA prove which are wrong let's see them.prove they're wrong you didn't provide anything prove it.

hope4dopes
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
I asked for a direct quote from Jennings saying he thought the kid was 15. You couldn't, so you got mad and melted down and tried to change the subject to the subject you tried to change from in the other thread after you melted down there.

:lolYou LIe again

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Those were facts compiled by Numbers USAI didn't say anything about those.

I was talking about your online bookkeeper's blog.

You're an idiot.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
You LIe againNo, your meltdowns are well recorded.

LnGrrrR
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
You have to choose for yourself what's right or wrong in the end you do what you do.

There is a difference between protecting the rights of someone and agreeing with someone.

Tell me Micca, do you support the KKK's right to peaceably assemble?

spursncowboys
10-13-2009, 05:44 PM
LnGrrrR: Is a 16 year old kid being picked up by a 30 yr old man and taken back to his apartment ok with you? When the 16 yr old kid told the guidance counselor, what is his responsibility? Should he inform the parents generally whats going on? Should he tell the police? Should he warn him of the risks of doing that?

Should Jennings feel responsible for all the boys who were with this predator?

clambake
10-13-2009, 05:48 PM
maybe he took the kid to a haliburton shipping container.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Where are you getting the age of this older man?

coyotes_geek
10-13-2009, 06:01 PM
maybe he took the kid to a haliburton shipping container.

If he did then most of the people posting in this thread would be singing a different tune.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I think our opinions might be different if you guys didn't make so much shit up in this thread.

coyotes_geek
10-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Swap out "safe school czar" for "halliburton executive" and the roles of "our opinions" and "you guys making shit up" simply get reversed.

LnGrrrR
10-14-2009, 10:24 AM
LnGrrrR: Is a 16 year old kid being picked up by a 30 yr old man and taken back to his apartment ok with you?
No, and I definitely would've counseled the boy differently. However, the boy doesn't seem worse for it, and it seems obvious that there is nothing criminal this man did.

Again, just because I might defend someone doesn't mean I agree with them necessarily.

When the 16 yr old kid told the guidance counselor, what is his responsibility?

I honestly can't say, as I'm not 100% sure on the ethical choice in that situation.

Should he inform the parents generally whats going on?

I would think he should.

Should he tell the police?

No, because the age of consent in Massachusetts is 16. If you were in high school at 18, and sleeping with, say a 35 year old female, would you want someone calling the cops about it?

The reason why this case seems different is because it seems "icky". The boy is below what we'd usually assume the age of consent to be, and he's at the hands of a 'sexual predator' as you put it. Or it could just be an old guy who wanted some 'barely legal' action.

Should he warn him of the risks of doing that?

Definitely. He warned him of some risks, of course, such as STD's. But the very real possibility of kidnap/rape/etc etc should've been talked about as well.

Should Jennings feel responsible for all the boys who were with this predator?

How do you know this man was sleeping with underage children, or trying to target others? It's merely a guess, a supposition, with no strong evidence.

LnGrrrR
10-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Swap out "safe school czar" for "halliburton executive" and the roles of "our opinions" and "you guys making shit up" simply get reversed.

Except it was fact that the kid was 16, not 15. And it seems pretty factual that Halliburton employees did some awful things to a woman. Are you saying that the woman in that case is making up a story?

spursncowboys
10-15-2009, 06:51 PM
So where is the direct quote saying he knew the kid was 15.

The only direct quote we have so far is from the former child saying he wasn't 15.

I'm fine with condemning him if he broke the law. You haven't proved that he broke any law yet.

But Jennings has described the relationship as sexual, and in 2000 he said the boy was 15 years old.
"I said, 'What were you doing in Boston on a school night, Brewster?'" Jennings said to a rally in Iowa in 2000.
"He got very quiet, and he finally looked at me and said, 'Well I met someone in the bus station bathroom and I went home with him,'" Jennings recounted. "High school sophomore, 15 years old ... I looked at Brewster and said, 'You know, I hope you knew to use a condom.'"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/15/house-republicans-obama-safe-schools-czar/ (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/15/house-republicans-obama-safe-schools-czar/)
Boom...outa here

Yonivore
10-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Has it already been posted in here that this guy also wrote a forward or something for a book written by the NAMBLA president?

I think I heard that somewhere...

I'll look for it.

Oh yeah, here it is...

Obama appointee lauded NAMBLA figure (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-appointee-lauded-NAMBLA-figure-63115112.html)

It's like Obama went out and said, let's get the most inappropriate people we can to appoint around here... I mean, geeze, the list is getting pretty long, don't you think? From Tax Cheats for Treasury to Man-Boy lover lovers for Safe Schools Czar.

They got it going on at the White House, eh?

jack sommerset
10-15-2009, 08:44 PM
This douche should not be involved with kids. Fire his ass already. He worships some child molestor that is dead. The dude he worshipsd says it cool to suck a 18 month old baby off. That is someone I would not one to be associated with.

Yonivore
10-15-2009, 09:10 PM
More...

Protecting Children--Not right or left, just right or wrong (http://www.regularfolksunited.com/index.php?tab=article_view&article_id=2547)

Seriously, I'm less interested in this scumbag than I am in what this says about the White House hiring practices.

As Tapscott said in the piece I linked in my last post,

Every presidential administration ends up with scandals inspired by controversial appointees, but typically those tend to revolve around financial improprieties, conflicts of interest, or some other form of white-collar misconduct. For Obama, the scandals seem to be develping in a pattern of disclosures revolving around radical left ideology that raises questions about their fitness for any job in government.

And that in turn raises the inevitable question: Is nobody minding the White House personnel store?
Indeed.

hope4dopes
10-15-2009, 09:14 PM
There is a difference between protecting the rights of someone and agreeing with someone.

Tell me Micca, do you support the KKK's right to peaceably assemble? We're not talking about the kkk'S right to peaceable assembly, we're talking about some pin headed president appointing the kkk as a czar in his cabniet.How well do you think that''d fly.

Yonivore
10-15-2009, 09:34 PM
LnGrrrR, you don't detect a disturbing pattern with the Obama White House's hiring practices?

ChumpDumper
10-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Boom...outa hereIn 2000?

Fail.

LnGrrrR
10-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Boom...outa here

But he didn't break the law. Yes, years after the fact, the man thought he was 15. As WC pointed out earlier, that would show a MORAL failing, perhaps. But since he was 16, no crime was committed.

LnGrrrR
10-16-2009, 07:38 AM
LnGrrrR, you don't detect a disturbing pattern with the Obama White House's hiring practices?

Yes, slightly. However, with the advent/popularity of the net, I'm not sure if it's Obama's appointees in particular, or if EVERY president will have the same issues going forth.

It's much easier to muckrake and dig up background information on people nowadays.

As well, I don't think you have to be squeaky clean to run something. I will say though, tax cheating in a bank position, and morality questions in a youth counselor DO look pretty horrible on paper.

LnGrrrR
10-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Yoni, the problem I have with that op-ed is that the writer has an obvious bias. Look at this line:

The video was pure indoctrination to encourage children to accept and celebrate homosexuality.

I really don't see anything wrong with children accepting homosexuality.

In many school districts Johnny has no understanding or appreciation of our founding and our free enterprise system; he can’t write a proper paragraph or essay, but he can put a condom on a cucumber in 6 seconds flat because of a network of people like Kevin Jennings.

Obvious hyperbole. I'm fine with sexual education in schools, starting around the ages of 15. Not teaching about it doesn't mean children aren't going to have sex. Young pregnancies are rough on these parents, halting their education and providing less chances for the youth growing up.

And if parents don't want them to take the class, they can always sign the form saying so.