PDA

View Full Version : Truehoop: Blaming the Doctors is a Cop-Out

Mel_13
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Blaming the Doctors is a Cop-Out

DeJuan Blair, drafted 37th overall despite projecting to be one of the best players in this draft, nabbed 19 rebounds in his first preseason game for the San Antonio Spurs.

NBA general managers not named R.C. Buford are reportedly bitter at those smarmy doctors who wouldn't let them draft the Big East player of the year because of concerns about his knees. (Learned about this from Kevin Pelton's fascinating post about young rebounders.)

My response to those GMs: Boo freaking hoo...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-45-30/Blaming-the-Doctors-is-a-Cop-Out.html

TIMMYD!
10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Damn, Blair twisted Landry's arm all the way back.
D3FrFqYO7A4

phyzik
10-08-2009, 04:50 PM
D3FrFqYO7A4

Holy crap! :wow

that looked freaking nasty! I'm suprised it didnt dislocate his sholder.

thOOdee
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
lol!!!! damm......PAU/BYNUM KILLER!!......that clip really sheds some light on how strong and long blair's arms are.

slick'81
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
lol Landry went out like a bitch praying for a jump ball

Stringer_Bell
10-08-2009, 05:23 PM
All Blair has to do is put his hands up and he catches the ball. Totally unfair.

Sorry NBA GMs, you lose! :ihit

NoOptionB
10-08-2009, 05:24 PM
lol Landry went out like a bitch praying for a jump ball

Nah, he was just making sure he had feeling in both of his arms after that Blairownage.

10-08-2009, 05:34 PM
D3FrFqYO7A4
this is what happens when taller players try to grab the rebound over blair. blair will just hold on to the ball and just pull it down with immeasurable force.

completely deck
10-08-2009, 05:39 PM
this is what happens when taller players try to grab the rebound over blair. blair will just hold on to the ball and just pull it down with immeasurable force.

uTnDkOAuwYs

iManu
10-08-2009, 05:41 PM
They will learn from these events not to try to rebound over him without fear.

It's completely legal, and these men are making millions of dollars a year, so they should expect some risks like they do in the NFL.

We've got the Beast.

:toast

TIMMYD!
10-08-2009, 05:49 PM
They will learn from these events not to try to rebound over him without fear.

It's completely legal, and these men are making millions of dollars a year, so they should expect some risks like they do in the NFL.

We've got the Beast.

:toast

We will be the Beasts.

Malice
10-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I think based off of the way he plays and his size, its only a matter of time before he breaks a players arm or dislocates an elbow. And something tells me the BEAST couldn't care less....and I love it. Believe me, a close call like that only has to happen once and the dude will think twice before reaching over the back on the BEAST.

On a side not, I had my elbow dislocated in just that manner, and it was as painful as you might think. I look back on it, and I had no business reaching over the back lol.

phyzik
10-08-2009, 06:34 PM
uTnDkOAuwYs

For those questioning what he will do against the bigger players in the league, thats what I expect to happen.

I actually think he may get fined WHEN (not if) he does that to Gasol.

YODA
10-08-2009, 07:07 PM
People keep saying he wont be able to handle the bigs in the league. Wasnt it Malick Rose who constantly gaurded Shaq?? Versus an athletic big, it might be trouble, but versus another big man, he should be able to hold his own. Pop still seem reluctant to give him props, even with a 19 board night. Makes me wonder what Pop is thinking concerning Blair. I kinda think he doesnt know how he wants to use him yet. He probably will work him in gradually in limited situations to see how de does. Im excited about him, but I also remember a guy Named Cadilac Anderson who had a 20 rebound game in ither the summer league or preseason game and not much became of him. Lets hope Blair is no Anderson. We as fans just excited to see that kind of hussle from any player and we appreciate it, Just like we did with Rose.

Off the subject, Did anyone else beside me see Jerry Jones picking his nose on TV during the 1st game of season? I thought it was classic. They show Randy White, Roger starbachm then cut to Jerry who picks his nose, takes his finger out, then goes in for a double dip. Was thinking some vidio man gonna lose his job for that. Freaking hilarious.

Yoda

TIMMYD!
10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
People keep saying he wont be able to handle the bigs in the league. Wasnt it Malick Rose who constantly gaurded Shaq?? Versus an athletic big, it might be trouble, but versus another big man, he should be able to hold his own. Pop still seem reluctant to give him props, even with a 19 board night. Makes me wonder what Pop is thinking concerning Blair. I kinda think he doesnt know how he wants to use him yet. He probably will work him in gradually in limited situations to see how de does. Im excited about him, but I also remember a guy Named Cadilac Anderson who had a 20 rebound game in ither the summer league or preseason game and not much became of him. Lets hope Blair is no Anderson. We as fans just excited to see that kind of hussle from any player and we appreciate it, Just like we did with Rose.

Off the subject, Did anyone else beside me see Jerry Jones picking his nose on TV during the 1st game of season? I thought it was classic. They show Randy White, Roger starbachm then cut to Jerry who picks his nose, takes his finger out, then goes in for a double dip. Was thinking some vidio man gonna lose his job for that. Freaking hilarious.

Yoda

Is there a video of this?

Samr
10-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Jesus. Those video clips are nasty. Blair's like a fisherman -- he catches the rebound, then sets the hook with a good tug!

He's going to make people think twice before trying to beat him to a rebound. It'll be like rock, paper, scissors in the opposing locker room on who has to try for rebounds over Blair this half. DeJuan's gonna average 8 and 45 just due to a lack of willing competition.

Before long, everyone -- even fellow Spurs players -- are just going to start clearing out a circle around him. "Nah, not worth it. I like my shoulder the way it is.... I'll get him next time though."

all_heart
10-08-2009, 09:17 PM
For those questioning what he will do against the bigger players in the league, thats what I expect to happen.

I actually think he may get fined WHEN (not if) he does that to Gasol.

I wish no players harm, but there's a good chance of that happening sometime during the year, it's very competitive out there. A skinny guy like Gasol will get his hard torn off!:dizzy

I don't think there's any question he's going to a rebounding beast, that's what he does, what he's known for.:hat

angelbelow
10-08-2009, 09:32 PM
haha thats hilarious.

Manu-of-steel
10-09-2009, 12:27 AM
i hate the lakers. but looking how gasol played in the finals and the recent euro FIBA championships, he has gotten stronger. gasol's no longer a soft pussie, but still, he should be wary of the beast.