PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Big Three READY FOR GREEK TEST!

iilluzioN
10-08-2009, 10:43 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0505/nba_g_duncan_spurs_580.jpg

By Mike Monroe (http://www.mysanantonio.com/email_us?contentID=63821947)- Express-News

For the first time since Manu Ginobili left the Spurs in Cleveland on April 5 with a stress fracture in his right ankle, the team's “Big Three” will be back on the court tonight in game action.

Ginobili played in the Spurs' preseason opener against Houston on Tuesday, but All-Stars Tim Duncan and Tony Parker did not suit up for the game. They were held out by head coach Gregg Popovich so he could test younger players.

Popovich said Duncan and Parker will join Ginobili on the court when the Spurs host Olympiacos Piraeus of Greece at the AT&T Center.
That the opponent is not another NBA team doesn't matter to Ginobili.
“It's going to be fun, for sure,” Ginobili said. “For me, it was great the last game. I just wanted to play. I didn't care with whom, against whom. I just wanted to be out there.

“But it's important for us to play again together, to be involved with Richard (Jefferson) and (Antonio) McDyess. I don't know who else is going to play, but it's going to be a fun game, and I really can't wait to play against them.”

Duncan said he is eager for a game situation after 10 days of practice.
“I'm looking forward to getting on the floor and getting up and down a little bit in a live situation,” he said. “... To go out there against real players, against guys who don't know what we're doing, specifically, and play real basketball is going to be great for us.”

The jocular cameraman: Moments after answering questions for reporters, Popovich saw Ginobili sliding in front of the TV mini-cams and microphones. Grabbing a boom microphone away from KENS-TV videographer Marcus Floyd, Popovich fired the first question at Ginobili.
“How does it feel,” said Popovich, thrusting the microphone in Ginobili's direction, “always having Pop jacking you around? Sometimes you start. Sometimes you come off the bench. You don't know what your minutes are going to be.”

Without missing a beat, Ginobili cracked up everyone, including Popovich.
“I'm really freaking tired of that,” he said, then handed Floyd his microphone and retreated to the locker room.

Greek tragedy: A member of the U.S. Olympic team that finished third in the 2004 Games in Athens, Duncan's memories of Greece are mixed.
“I don't have a great memory (of the Olympics),” he said, “but the city was nice and the people were beautiful. My wife had a great time down there. We went out and looked around a little bit. It was nice.”

Asked by a Greek reporter if he might be tempted to jump some day to a European team, Duncan said, “I don't think so. I enjoy playing in the NBA. Hopefully, I can play it out until I'm done playing in the NBA.”

bdictjames
10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Good for Duncan to stand ground. I think he'll pull a Robinson and retire with peace.

Anyone know if its going to be televised, or on the Internet perhaps?

DMX7
10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
lol @ even thinking Tim Duncan would play in Europe. I'm pretty sure that couldn't afford hi 22+ million dollar salary.

exstatic
10-08-2009, 11:12 PM
lol @ even thinking Tim Duncan would play in Europe. I'm pretty sure that couldn't afford hi 22+ million dollar salary.
Stupid American!! Greek owner are all billionaire!!

tlongII
10-08-2009, 11:26 PM
:lmao

WildcardManu
10-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Can't wait for the regular season...

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2009, 12:15 AM
we going to spurta all over the zorba dance

jason1301
10-09-2009, 12:40 AM

Actually they could --Euros and tax free :P

But that's another story. TD would do pretty well in Europe thought, assuming he goes to one of the big clubs he ll have the protection of the refs --so no more complaining that Fiba sucks hehehehehe...

I do think that was a retarded question from the Greek media I 'm sure it was one of these idiots that write in those Greek internet websites. Some of them are pretty retarded and have no idea about Basketball.

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2009, 02:36 AM
I do think that was a retarded question from the Greek media I 'm sure it was one of these idiots that write in those Greek internet websites. Some of them are pretty retarded and have no idea about Basketball.

U calling out kbp?

angelbelow
10-09-2009, 03:45 AM
When is the game today?

Bukefal
10-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Let's kick some Greek ass!!! :flag:

Indazone
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Olympiacos should put up good contest but Spurs team not even play best Greek team. So this not fair test of Greek basketball. Everyone know Pana best Hellas basketball team and Spanoulis match up well against Ginobili.

Yes all Greek Basketball owners Billionaires. More stupid Amerikaan Lies!!

Spursfan092120
10-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Olympiacos should put up good contest but Spurs team not even play best Greek team. So this not fair test of Greek basketball. Everyone know Pana best Hellas basketball team and Spanoulis match up well against Ginobili.

Yes all Greek Basketball owners Billionaires. More stupid Amerikaan Lies!!
very good impressions..but wouldn't he say Spanoulis matches up well against Parker?

alchemist
10-09-2009, 10:34 AM
this is great to see all three playing, they need as much time playing against opposition before the season begins as possible.

iilluzioN
10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
when was the last time the big 3 was on the floor on the same time? its been a while now......

duncan228
10-09-2009, 01:57 PM
when was the last time the big 3 was on the floor on the same time? its been a while now......

I think April 5.

duncan228
10-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I knew I read it somewhere. :lol

For the first time since Manu Ginobili left the Spurs in Cleveland on April 5 with a stress fracture in his right ankle, the team's “Big Three” will be back on the court tonight in game action.