PDA

View Full Version : Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize AKA This is going to piss people off

Pages : [1] 2

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 04:17 AM
President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Per CNN.

baseline bum
10-09-2009, 04:43 AM

Per CNN.

For what? We're still in Iraq.

Gerryatrics
10-09-2009, 04:49 AM
For what? We're still in Iraq.

Pretty much what I was going to say. For what?

ploto
10-09-2009, 05:09 AM
“The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.”

“Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama’s initiative, the United States is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.”

“Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world’s population,” the citation said.

“For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world’s leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama’s appeal that “Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges.”

baseline bum
10-09-2009, 05:18 AM
U.S. President Barack Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between people," says the Norwegian Nobel Committee.

I can't imagine winning the Nobel in physics for trying to find the Higgs boson. I can't see someone winning the Fields Medal for making an attempt at proving the Riemann hypothesis without having something to show for it. This selection is baffling to say the least, but then again the award doesn't mean shit after they gave it to Arafat.

boutons_deux
10-09-2009, 05:20 AM
dubya must be jealous. :lol

Fox News: "dammit, Magic Negro gonna waste taxpayer $$ again flying to get this prize."

baseline bum
10-09-2009, 05:22 AM
dubya must be jealous. :lol

Fox News: "dammit, Magic Negro gonna waste taxpayer $$ again flying to get this prize."

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2009, 05:37 AM
lol he hasnt done jackshit since in office....

wow just wow, this just lowers the creditbility of the award...

symple19
10-09-2009, 05:39 AM
All I can say is...WOW. I'm at a loss. This on the eve of another troop increase in Afghanistan.

In no way am I trying to be partisan here, but dude doesn't deserve it...At all.

Apparently he was nominated 2 weeks into the presidency. WTF?

Fun fact: Ghandi never won the peace prize. He was nominated for 11 straight years, but was assassinated before the Nobel organization decided to finally give it to him.

I think it's safe to say the Nobel organization is a joke, at least when it comes to the peace prize.

SouthernFried
10-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Remember, Carter won the peace prize for, in part...making sure North Korea didn't get nukes.

Gore won some Nobel and I think Clinton won one as well...something to do with advocating young women in the workplace.

Should it surpise, or piss people off?

I don't think so. It's like getting mad at a SNL skit.

symple19
10-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Remember, Carter won the peace prize for, in part...making sure North Korea didn't get nukes.

Gore won some Nobel and I think Clinton won one as well...something to do with advocating young women in the workplace.

Should it surpise, or piss people off?

I don't think so. It's like getting mad at a SNL skit.

No, Clinton did not win one. Obama is the fourth. Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Carter, and now Obama have won them for Peace.

Carter winning one is laughable as well. The Nobe committee said this about awarding it to Jimmy: "(for) untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development."

You're definitely right that nobody should be surprised though.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-09-2009, 06:20 AM
An american president receiving the Noble Peace Price is like rewarding a drug dealer for fighting against addictions.

SouthernFried
10-09-2009, 06:24 AM
No, Clinton did not win one. Obama is the fourth. Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Carter, and now Obama have won them for Peace.

Carter winning one is laughable as well. The Nobe committee said this about awarding it to Jimmy: "(for) untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development."

You're definitely right that nobody should be surprised though.

Yes, I know Clinton didn't win one. It's early, and my attempt at humor probably wasn't fully awakend ;)

Clandestino
10-09-2009, 06:29 AM
The Nobel Peace is like the oscars, emmys, etc. Who gives a fuck?

Rogue
10-09-2009, 07:05 AM
felicidades para presidente Obama

Rogue
10-09-2009, 07:08 AM
The Nobel Peace is like the oscars, emmys, etc. Who gives a fuck?
LOL hijo el Noble es no Olympicos tan todos cuida.

NoOptionB
10-09-2009, 07:08 AM
hahahahhahahaahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaha ahahaha

Rogue
10-09-2009, 07:12 AM
hahahahhahahaahhahahaahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaha ahahaha
jajajajajajajajajaja, parece que eres muy feliz que Obama ganara la premio.

NoOptionB
10-09-2009, 07:15 AM
jajajajajjaajaja ole

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Just reinforces my belief that Obama is Jimmy Carter, version 2.0.

Yasser Arafat has one on his mantle too!

Yay! :cheer

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 08:10 AM
I thought it was a joke when I first read on realclearpolitics.

Then I realized it was legit! Im at a loss.....like everyone else, I thought "for what"?

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 08:12 AM
has he tried to bring a different tone to our allies and enemies since he been in office? The answer is yes.. that is what he is rewarded for.

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, he did make peace between a cop and a Harvard prof at the beer summit.

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 08:22 AM
LOL. Bush was nominated in 2002 -- the year Jimmy Carter won it.

doobs
10-09-2009, 08:23 AM
has he tried to bring a different tone to our allies and enemies since he been in office? The answer is yes.. that is what he is rewarded for.

Aren't you the one who always insists you're not an Obama lover, despite evidence to the contrary?

I'm glad you thought it important to chime in on this one.

SpurNation
10-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Just another of a long line of public recognition that serves to prove that the presidency of this country serves only to distract the people.

spurster
10-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Seems pre-emptive. Maybe he won for not being Bush.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 08:25 AM
"I should welcome almost any war, for I think this country needs one"

1906 Nobel Prize winner

--

I don't think this will piss people off at all, it's more amusing.

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Seems pre-emptive. Maybe he won for not being Bush.

Maybe? :lol

I think its the largest part of the reason he won it but not entirely. I believe its because in international relations he's not only not Bush, but of the opposite polarity in most respects.

I think there have been beneficial outcomes already because of this and I believe his future is bright in this arena as well. However I'm not going to sit here and say that yesterday I envisioned the President winning this award.

I accept the reasoning for giving him the award but I also believe the reward comes with on the basis of excitement and expectations as much or even more so than from what already has been delivered.

I will say this, I do believe many people take for granted just how much this president has changed the perception others outside of this nation have of this nation.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Aren't you the one who always insists you're not an Obama lover, despite evidence to the contrary?

I'm glad you thought it important to chime in on this one.

look moron, where do i praise him in this post? I said that he was rewarded for his new tone. Is that praise or an acknowledgement? If the lakers were named team of of the year and I agreed with that, would that make me a laker fan?

admiralsnackbar
10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
jajajajajajajajajaja, parece que eres muy feliz que Obama ganara la premio.

Porque presumes ser de España si ni puedes escribir español?

lefty
10-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Well, he did make peace between a cop and a Harvard prof at the beer summit.
:lmao:rollin

But seriously, what did he get the Nobel prize for?

THat's retarded

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 08:51 AM
:lol Man the bar been set low

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99945/saturday-night-live-obama-address

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 08:52 AM
:lol Man the bar been set low

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99945/saturday-night-live-obama-address

and conservatives are still shut out..:lmao

Spurminator
10-09-2009, 08:55 AM
And the O'Jays are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

doobs
10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
look moron, where do i praise him in this post? I said that he was rewarded for his new tone. Is that praise or an acknowledgement? If the lakers were named team of of the year and I agreed with that, would that make me a laker fan?

Face it, only someone who is in love with Obama can defend this ridiculous award. You would gladly juggle his balls in your mouth.

It's true, it's true.

boutons_deux
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Magic Negro had nothing to do with this award.

Bitch at the Nobel committee, not Magic Negro.

This is more an insult to the dubya's Reign of Error, with the Nobel showing appreciation for MN's opening to other countries, rather than dubya's black/white, "fuck all y'all furriners" non-approach.

balli
10-09-2009, 09:26 AM
lol Great news.

I hope each and every conservative feels even more like the marginalized pieces of shit they are.

florige
10-09-2009, 09:33 AM

Dude why do you even bother?

MiamiHeat
10-09-2009, 09:41 AM
HMM

ANGEL_LUV WAS RIGHT

Obama is THE ANTI-CHRIST!!!! HE'S BEING PUT ON A PEDESTAL AS A "UNIFIER" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clambake
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM
You would gladly juggle his balls in your mouth.

and there it is.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-09-2009, 09:46 AM

If by different tone you mean stabbing our allies in the back and buddying up to dictators, then yes...

MiamiHeat
10-09-2009, 09:46 AM
and there it is.

clambake, give it up, you are full of shit if you think this award has any merit. obama hasn't done anything.

Oh, Gee!!
10-09-2009, 09:48 AM
And the O'Jays are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

and ben affleck won an oscar

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-09-2009, 09:49 AM
I can't imagine winning the Nobel in physics for trying to find the Higgs boson. I can't see someone winning the Fields Medal for making an attempt at proving the Riemann hypothesis without having something to show for it. This selection is baffling to say the least, but then again the award doesn't mean shit after they gave it to Arafat.

You take that back! [/Gervin's afro, croutons]

clambake
10-09-2009, 09:53 AM
clambake, give it up, you are full of shit if you think this award has any merit. obama hasn't done anything.

it helps to look at quotes.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 10:03 AM
If by different tone you mean stabbing our allies in the back and buddying up to dictators, then yes...

yes talking is so overated these days..threats work much better.. how have the threats worked out until now? Oh wait they haven't......

Kermit
10-09-2009, 10:06 AM
and ben affleck won an oscar

He deserved it. Great, great movie.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 10:07 AM

Obama , whether you like it or not, has changed the tone of this country. Somehow I don't think you comprehend this..

clambake
10-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Obama , whether you like it or not, has changed the tone of this country. Somehow I don't think you comprehend this..

hey, i never said he deserved the award.

hell, bush was nominated for one. there's the value right there.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
sorry to take away from the jizzfest complete with reacharound, but...

Nominations for the prize had to be postmarked by February 1 -- only 12 days after Obama took office. The committee sent out its solicitation for nominations last September -- two months before Obama was elected president.barack hussein obama. mmm. mmm. mmmmm.

....take it away corey
tTjKWq9Gges
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjKWq9Gges

clambake
10-09-2009, 10:16 AM

barack hussein obama. mmm. mmm. mmmmm.

...and there it is again.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 10:16 AM

barack hussein obama. mmm. mmm. mmmmm.

....take it away corey
tTjKWq9Gges
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjKWq9Gges

so what.

Oh, Gee!!
10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
don't you get it? an elementary school teacher wrote a song!! she wrote an f'in song!!! and the kids--the kids, they sung it!!!

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Some reactions from around the world

SHIMON PERES
“Very few leaders if at all were able to change the mood of the entire world in such a short while with such a profound impact,” President Shimon Peres of Israel said in a congratulatory letter to Mr. Obama. “You provided the entire humanity with fresh hope, with intellectualdetermination, and a feeling that there is a lord in heaven and believers on earth.”
Mr. Peres, who won the peace prize with Yitzhak Rabin and Yasir Arafat in 1994 following the Oslo Accords, added: “Under your leadership, peace became a real and original agenda. And from Jerusalem, I am sure all the bells of engagement and understanding will ring again. You gave us a license to dream and act in a noble direction.”

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/world-reaction-to-a-nobel-surprise/

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Some reactions from around the world

SHIMON PERES
“Very few leaders if at all were able to change the mood of the entire world in such a short while with such a profound impact,” President Shimon Peres of Israel said in a congratulatory letter to Mr. Obama. “You provided the entire humanity with fresh hope, with intellectualdetermination, and a feeling that there is a lord in heaven and believers on earth.”
Mr. Peres, who won the peace prize with Yitzhak Rabin and Yasir Arafat in 1994 following the Oslo Accords, added: “Under your leadership, peace became a real and original agenda. And from Jerusalem, I am sure all the bells of engagement and understanding will ring again. You gave us a license to dream and act in a noble direction.”

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/world-reaction-to-a-nobel-surprise/

mogrovejo
Nominations for the prize had to be postmarked by February 1 -- only 12 days after Obama took office. The committee sent out its solicitation for nominations last September -- two months before Obama was elected president.

Hilarious stuff.

Spursfan092120
So you get a nobel peace prize for trying? Nice...I'll be expecting mine in the mail in a week.

balli
Don't know if it's been posted but here's what the DNC said on the Republican response:

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse. "Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim.

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Viva loves to post about a supposed cult of personality but I don't believe he actually knows what one is.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm confident I'll be winning the Nobel Prize in Economics this year. True, my published papers are very few and not particularly good or original, but I've tried my best and I'll do some great stuff in the future.

George Gervin's Afro
"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse. "Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim.

:lmao

USA! USA!

clambake
excellent burn

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Just an info: the Nobel Prize is awarded to individuals, not countries. No American should be ashamed for this event.

antimvp
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
http://rabbijaffe.today.com/files/2009/09/the-beer-summit.jpg

boutons_deux
DNC finally showing some balls and calling out the Repugnants as shit-headed, bloody-minded, inane, shameless extremists.

antimvp
^making peace

NoOptionB
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
lol Great news.

I hope each and every conservative feels even more like the marginalized pieces of shit they are.

This is definitely more internal reinforcement that I want nothing to do with this dog and pony world around me.

antimvp
10-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Obama making peace

http://blogs.reuters.com/reuters-dealzone/files/2008/07/obama-beer.jpg

balli
10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
^making peace

They didn't win the award. Neither did I.

The conservative response to Obama winning it has been utterly disgusting; like so many other conservative lines of attack.

I'm sorry you don't like your ilk being called out for unpatriotic, partisan, ruthless and disgusting behavior, but reality doesn't go unmentioned based on your ability to handle it.

NoOptionB
10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Dude got a nobel peace prize for running a campaign.

How fucking hilarious is that. You could write it, but lmao @ it being reality.

These little foreign men are even softer than americans. And we all want to be like them LOL

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
double posting the same thing constitutes "reactions"

mmm
mmmm
mmm

balli
10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't really care who wins a Nobel Prize for what, I just know it's in poor taste to attack a winner because he isn't your guy. You're spoiled and childish- throwing a tantrum. The political equivalent of Kanye West.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Viva loves to post about a supposed cult of personality but I don't believe he actually knows what one is.
someday, manny, i wanna grow up and be just like you. i'll be all knowing. be a handsome looking guy and be quite the ladies man. they'll follow me across the country and give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. i heart you, manny. mmm. mmm. mmm

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
balli, if Obama was a conservative, this wouldn't be any less ridiculous and I suspect you'd be saying so in that case.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2009, 10:45 AM
You're spoiled and childish- throwing a tantrum.
errrrr. yeah.

CosmicCowboy
10-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm confident I'll be winning the Nobel Prize in Economics this year. True, my published papers are very few and not particularly good or original, but I've tried my best and I'll do some great stuff in the future.

velik_m
10-09-2009, 10:46 AM

Per CNN.

:td

Nobel peace prize is a joke and gives a bad name to Nobel prizes for science.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2009, 10:47 AM
i wonder if he'll be the Grand Marshall of Fiesta next year. He's practically El Rey Feo of the United States. and to you sensitive types i'm not calling him ugly. <back to the lovefest>

angel_luv
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
This quote is from Ploto's post:

The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama’s initiative, the United States is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting.

I have a question.

Is the US looking to disarm also or does it just want everyone else to?

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Im still in disbelief. Does the committee realize how much choosing Obama is going to tarnish the award to future recipients?

I mean, the general reaction when someone wins it from now will probably be to question whether the winner actually did anything either.

If you watch the official announcement, you can hear the reports gasp as the norwegian dude says Obama's name. This is embarrassing for everyone, including Obama.

CosmicCowboy
10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
This quote is from Ploto's post:

I have a question.

Is the US looking to disarm also or does it just want everyone else to?

I get the feeling that Obama would unilaterally disarm the US if the bad guys "promised" to do it after we did.

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/CON1438.jpg

Wild Cobra
10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
How can anyone be in disbelief?

The Nobel award committee proved long ago the prize was meaningless, and no longer as intended. Alfred Nobel died a second time years ago turning in his grave.

If I were a descendant of Nobel, I would sue as to not let them use his name any longer.

nuclearfm
10-09-2009, 10:57 AM
The Noble peace prize is a joke and has been since Gandhi was passed over.... what's new?....

angel_luv
10-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I get the feeling that Obama would unilaterally disarm the US if the bad guys "promised" to do it after we did.

This issue has always interested me- granted my understanding of politics is elementary level at best. I am certainly no expert on any political subject.

I have never believed that any president would disarm- no matter what sort of pro -peace speeches he gave.

Even as a teen, I wondered why other countries were condemned for pursuing technology in regards to weapons because I also have believed the US has scientists hard at work at the same thing.

In the same way I would view it as incredibly risky and foolhardy for the US to lay down its weapons, I understand any other countries' hesistancy to do so.

Why should any country absolutely trust any other country? I can't envision any country ever truly completely laying aside all their weapons.
Although I can forsee some countries pretending to- including the US.

SouthernFried
He was nominated 2 weeks after he got elected.

2 weeks!

Somebody said he was awarded for running a campaign, which is about all he had done at that time.

It's ridiculous and an embarassment...to the Nobel Committee.

And to give him credit, I think OBAMA was a little embarassed about it as well.

Tho, that didn't stop him for going on another stupid, mind numbing rant about everything from climate change to...well, just about everything. lol

DarrinS
The Three Amigos

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Yasser-arafat-1999.jpg/225px-Yasser-arafat-1999.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/JimmyCarterPortrait.jpg/225px-JimmyCarterPortrait.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Official_portrait_of_Barack_Obama.jpg/225px-Official_portrait_of_Barack_Obama.jpg

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Im still in disbelief. Does the committee realize how much choosing Obama is going to tarnish the award to future recipients?

They have chosen Theodore "this country needs a war from time to time" Roosevelt and Woodrow "let's suppress those anti-war movements and outlaw miscegenation while we're on it" Wilson, just to name POTUS, in the past. If the award is tarnished, it's been tarnished for a long time.

CosmicCowboy
10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
This issue has always interested me- granted my understanding of politics is elementary level at best. I am certainly no expert on any political subject.

I have never believed that any president would disarm- no matter what sort of pro -peace speeches he gave.

Even as a teen, I wondered why other countries were condemned for pursuing technology in regards to weapons because I also have believed the US has scientists hard at work at the same thing.

In the same way I would view it as incredibly risky and foolhardy for the US to lay down its weapons, I understand any other countries' hesistancy to do so.

Why should any country absolutely trust any other country? I can't envision any country ever truly completely laying aside all their weapons.
Although I can forsee some countries pretending to- including the US.

The real problem with these new counties getting nukes is that they aren't rational...At least with the Soviets, China, etc. we all knew that MAD (mutually assured destruction) was crazy and that's what kept everyones fingers off the trigger. With the nut in North Korea and the religious freaks in Iran getting nukes all bets are off.

Cry Havoc
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Just another of a long line of public recognition that serves to prove that the presidency of this country serves only to distract the people.

Considering the threads started around here by "conservatives", he's doing a miraculously fantastic job of it.

Oooooh! Something shiny! *creates iPod thread*

Ooooh! Movement on my TV! *creates bowing thread*

---

Also, I have to give props to people who are ridiculing Obama for receiving this. The unrivaled hate you have for this man is amazing.

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm sure he'll receive some kind of lifetime achievement award next week. That wouldn't be any less absurd.

For the record, I also think it would've been absurd if Bush won it back in 2002 when he was nominated.

sonic21
10-09-2009, 11:12 AM
wow

How can someone who has lied about closing guantanamo camp, lied about withdrawing from Afghanistan and Iraq be awarded with this prestigious accolade?

sonic21
10-09-2009, 11:18 AM

Hitler was nominated in 1939

angel_luv
10-09-2009, 11:19 AM
The real problem with these new counties getting nukes is that they aren't rational...At least with the Soviets, China, etc. we all knew that MAD (mutually assured destruction) was crazy and that's what kept everyones fingers off the trigger. With the nut in North Korea and the religious freaks in Iran getting nukes all bets are off.

That's a good point.

I wonder how many citizens ( just normal people like us) in North Korea and Iran are using the same justification to defend their countries actions because they believe the US is the crazy ones.

Also, I wonder how I would view America if I was the same sort of person (character wise) as I am now but grew up on the other end of the ocean.
Would I perceive America as a friend or as an ever present threat?

After all, America is known as the most powerful nation in the world.

I'm not worried about nuclear weapons because world events are unfolding just as the Bible has prophesized that they would.
So instead of frightening me, local and world news actually reconfirms my faith.

The world is going to end eventually, but when it does I am going to go live with Jesus in Heaven forever.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
wow

How can someone who has lied about closing guantanamo camp, lied about withdrawing from Afghanistan and Iraq be awarded with this prestigious accolade?

when did he lie about leaving Iraq or Afghanistan? They are still in the process of closing Guantanamo..ever get out much?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM

z-S3Q_hTuWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-S3Q_hTuWU

you fibs are a riot. a frickin' riot.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 11:29 AM
z-S3Q_hTuWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-S3Q_hTuWU

you fibs are a riot. a frickin' riot.

you guys celebrate defeat of the US..what does pelosi crying about the right wing lunatics in the country have to do with this?

NoOptionB
10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Nickelback got snubbed! This is bullshit.

rPbLrs1fQg4

sonic21
10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
when did he lie about leaving Iraq or Afghanistan? They are still in the process of closing Guantanamo..ever get out much?

well maybe he won't lie, we'll see. I'm always forgotting he's been in the office for less than a year. Still think there's no reason (yet?) for him to win this award.

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
He wont decline it. He doesnt have the humility or the balls.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 11:41 AM
well maybe he won't lie, we'll see. I'm always forgotting he's been in the office for less than a year. Still think there's no reason (yet?) for him to win this award.

Now that I can agree on.. I'm n ot sure he deserves it either but they Nobel committe did so we live with it.. well some of us can't get beyond the hatred for the guy but most sensible people will acknowledge the award.

clambake
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
the hurt in this thread is lol.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
WASHINGTON -- President Obama said Friday he was "most surprised and deeply humbled" to win the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize, adding that he accepts the honor as "a call to action to confront the common challenges of the 21st century."

In a brief statement in the White House Rose Garden on Friday, the president said he does not "view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments," but rather as a recognition of goals he has set for the United States and the world.

"I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many transformative figures that have been honored by this prize," he said.

Obama will go to Oslo in December to accept the honor, which includes a $1.4 million award, Norway's prime minister said.

The Nobel committee said its decision to honor the president was motivated by Obama's initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism.

angel_luv
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Obama will go to Oslo in December to accept the honor, which includes a $1.4 million award, Norway's prime minister said.

wow!

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?

angel_luv
10-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?

She turned your offer of a date down, huh?

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 11:58 AM

I dont think its anger as much as disbelief and amusement. The committee took every cliche conservatives have been throwing at Obama such as "he's all style and no substance" and VINDICATED them. When the uber Obama supporters have a hard time explaining exactly why he was given the Nobel peace prize for, many centrists will apply the label that he's all hype.

clambake
10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
the value that some people put on their opinion is lol.

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 12:02 PM

When I saw the thread title this morning, I seriously thought it was going to be an SNL skit or something.

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
When I saw the thread title this morning, I seriously thought it was going to be an SNL skit or something.

Read the time's Joe Klein take (hes a HUGE Obama supporter and author of "Primary Colors"):

Joe Klein: "There is the sense that he has won simply by not being George W. Bush."

There is a slight whiff of condescension attending the announcement that Barack Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize. There is the sense that he has won simply by not being George W. Bush. Effete Europe is congratulating rowdy America for cleaning up its act and not bringing guns to the dinner table...But let's face it: this prize is premature to the point of ridiculousness... And so, how to handle this "triumph" becomes a strategic puzzle that requires serious thought. Two immediate thoughts occur: he can't reject it, but accepting it can't be about him. He can and should immediately say something like, "I don't deserve this." That's a no brainer. The question is, what should he say after that?... I'm sure there are other things he can and should do--starting with finding an appropriate place to donate the $1.4 million that comes with the award. I'd give it to Greg Mortenson or someone else who has a successful track record of building schools in difficult places.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/09/obama-nobel-peace-prize-r_n_314996.html

Cry Havoc
10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/3614/firstiwaslikethisgu6.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/08/12/chocolat.jpg

http://www.willisms.com/archives/lol%20terizt.jpg

I dont think its anger as much as disbelief and amusement. The committee took every cliche conservatives have been throwing at Obama such as "he's all style and no substance" and VINDICATED them. When the uber Obama supporters have a hard time explaining exactly why he was given the Nobel peace prize for, many centrists will apply the label that he's all hype.

Wow. Yeah, that sounds like disbelief and amusement to me. no anger there at all. lol

clambake
10-09-2009, 12:04 PM

exactly....because it pissed you off lol.

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Former Poland President and Nobel Prize laureate Leac Walesa: "Who? What? So fast?":

"Who? What? So fast?" a shocked Walesa said when reporters told him about the latest Obama win.

"Well, there's hasn't been any contribution to peace yet. He's proposing things, he's initiating things, but he is yet to deliver," he said.

Walesa went on to say that we should see this as encouragement for Obama.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/09/obama-nobel-peace-prize-r_n_314996.html

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Damn, I just learned that Gandhi was nominated five times but never won.

But Gandhi doesn't have the list of impressive accomplishments that Obama has.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
She turned your offer of a date down, huh?

Did Jesus tell you to say that, huh?

angel_luv
10-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Did Jesus tell you to say that, huh?

God has a sense of humor.

Exhibit: the duck billed platypus. :)

TheMACHINE
10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Dude got a nobel peace prize for running a campaign.

How fucking hilarious is that. You could write it, but lmao @ it being reality.

These little foreign men are even softer than americans. And we all want to be like them LOL

he got elected president for managing a campaign..cant be too surprised he got a Noble prize. :p:

jack sommerset
God has a sense of humor.

He has too. Obama is in the White House.

clambake
Damn, I just learned that Gandhi was nominated

hard to keep something from you, isn't it?

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Damn, at least Al Gore created a shitty PowerPoint presentation.

clambake
10-09-2009, 12:15 PM

you have any painkiller?

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 12:23 PM

God wanted him to be president..

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 12:30 PM
God wanted him to be president..

I think Satan won this round

ratm1221
10-09-2009, 12:38 PM

:lol:lol

Classic Fox News spin: "This is actually a good thing." :blah

:rollin

Good job da suns fan. Maybe they will hire you to take Bill O'Reilly's spot when he craps the bed.

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 12:45 PM

Good job da suns fan. Maybe they will hire you to take Bill O'Reilly's spot when he craps the bed.

Oh this is a good thing for the conservatives. They got plently of more ammunition.

As if this is a good thing for Obama. You dont think he wishes they just gave it to someone else? You got liberal writers etc. saying he should decline it just to save face politically.

coyotes_geek
10-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Pretty silly to give him the award over a speech or two. But whatever.................

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 12:52 PM
This liar is rewarded for a promise. We all know how he keeps his promises.

rjv
10-09-2009, 01:11 PM
An american president receiving the Noble Peace Price is like rewarding a drug dealer for fighting against addictions.

this is the best take of all in this thread. what american president ever deserved one. how the hell did wilson and teddy r ever get one as well?

and carter? that was a major joke.

but i suppose we should rename this prize the "as long as you are not george w bush award"

TheProfessor
10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
this is the best take of all in this thread. what american president ever deserved one. how the hell did wilson and teddy r ever get one as well?

and carter? that was a major joke.

but i suppose we should rename this prize the "as long as you are not george w bush award"
From the outside looking in, the man has changed the dialogue in a country that leads the world by example and restored the faith of the international community. McCain or Hillary wouldn't have been Bush, but I doubt they would have had that kind of impact. This award looks in part to what Obama will hopefully accomplish, but to pretend he hasn't had any impact whatsoever is silly.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 01:28 PM
From the outside looking in, the man has changed the dialogue in a country that leads the world by example and restored the faith of the international community. McCain or Hillary wouldn't have been Bush, but I doubt they would have had that kind of impact. This award looks in part to what Obama will hopefully accomplish, but to pretend he hasn't had any impact whatsoever is silly.

What impact has he had on our country or any country for that matter? The dude won a award for doing nothing. That's silly.

NoOptionB
10-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Attention ladies.

I am not George W. Bush.

We make diplomatic relations now, yes?

Cry Havoc
10-09-2009, 01:31 PM

Great post.

Spurminator
10-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Coming back from lunch I guessed this thread would have made it 5 pages by now. Almost got it.

It's amazing how riled up people are about an award that those same people claim is meaningless. Shouldn't this be a non-story?

NoOptionB
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM

What a weak world if all that it took was words.

TheProfessor
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
What impact has he had on our country or any country for that matter? The dude won a award for doing nothing. That's silly.
He has changed things on the world stage, and he has changed the dialogue here at home in major ways. If that seems somewhat intangible, it is, and I think this award anticipates he will accomplish more. I don't expect you to agree with the decision, but to say he has done "nothing" is incorrect IMO.

TheProfessor
10-09-2009, 01:39 PM
A world looks for inspiration from its leaders, and words can accomplish a great deal. I personally believe there has been a substantial change due not only to what he says, but what he represents. And I hope this award anticipates much greater things. Call me an optimist.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
He has changed things on the world stage, and he has changed the dialogue here at home in major ways. If that seems somewhat intangible, it is, and I think this award anticipates he will accomplish more. I don't expect you to agree with the decision, but to say he has done "nothing" is incorrect IMO.

No he has not. The world stage. That fucking makes me laugh! Watch some news pal. Lets not get carreid away with the Nobel Peace prize for hope and change. Our country fell for that bullshit and now look at us. We disagree with his policies and his party call us stupid,racist,mobsters and Nazis. Way to bring the people together. Sweden needs to do a little homework on this assclown before they hand out their monetary prize.

florige
10-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Coming back from lunch I guessed this thread would have made it 5 pages by now. Almost got it.

It's amazing how riled up people are about an award that those same people claim is meaningless. Shouldn't this be a non-story?

:lol Good point!

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Obama getting this prize is equivalent to JaMarcus Russell winning the MVP.

TheProfessor
10-09-2009, 01:50 PM
No he has not. The world stage. That fucking makes me laugh! Watch some news pal. Lets not get carreid away with the Nobel Peace prize for hope and change. Our country fell for that bullshit and now look at us. We disagree with his policies and his party call us stupid,racist,mobsters and Nazis. Way to bring the people together. Sweden needs to do a little homework on this assclown before they hand out their monetary prize.
You just seem very angry and bitter. But this isn't anything new.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 01:59 PM
The UN, Kofi Annan, Jimmy Carter, and Yaser Arrafat think this is f*cked up.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 02:02 PM
You just seem very angry and bitter. But this isn't anything new.

Feel free to sterotype me whatever makes you feel comfortable but facts are facts. Obama has done nothing, he won this award beacuse of a promise.That is a fact. Lets say this one more time for the record. He was giving this award because of a promise. For you to say Obama has change the world stage is fucking stupid. :lol

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 02:03 PM

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 02:05 PM

Exactly. For anyone to hang the hopes and change bullshit on this award is really fucking fooling themselves.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2009, 02:12 PM
From the outside looking in, the man has changed the dialogue in a country that leads the world by example and restored the faith of the international community. ......
in 12 days?

Cry Havoc
10-09-2009, 02:17 PM

http://www.drmartinlutherkingjr.com/i-have-a-dream.jpg

You're totally right. Words don't mean anything.

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 02:17 PM

This thread was so obvious the moment I heard the decision. This should keep Darrins busy for quite some time.

nkdlunch
10-09-2009, 02:38 PM
well I have to agree. This is like Lebron winning the MVP trophy in December. premature ejaculation by the Nobel folks

coyotes_geek
10-09-2009, 02:40 PM
well I have to agree. This is like Lebron winning the MVP trophy in December. premature ejaculation by the Nobel folks

As long as Lebron promises to have a good season then it's okay.

iggypop123
10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
6 pages. today will be fun

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
well I have to agree. This is like Jamarcus Russell winning the MVP in October.

Fixed

This award was obviously given to Obama as a pre-emptive strike. He just HAD to win it and they wanted to give it to him before he started fucking things up even worse.

baseline bum
10-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, it should have gone to Glenn Beck.

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Where's Kanye West when you need him? I'm sure someone will parody that on Youtube.

Spurminator
10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
This award was obviously given to Obama as a pre-emptive strike. He just HAD to win it and they wanted to give it to him before he started fucking things up even worse.

Yes I'm sure that's exactly how it went down.

"Obama needs this award for his legacy."

"But he hasn't even been in office very long."

"Precisely. If we wait and give it to him later, it would be after he has completely destroyed the world economy and let terrorism run rampant. Which is what we all want, I grant you, but some people in the world may disagree."

"What if we wait until 30 years after his presidency, like we did for Carter?"

"You fool! We will have set up our secret Socialist Moon Colony by then! There will BE no more Peace Prize!"

"Oh yes, thank you for reminding me."

"Gentlemen, to evil!"

(Toast)

iggypop123
10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
the euros probably said. bush is gone thats good enough of a reason to give it to him

Cry Havoc
10-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes I'm sure that's exactly how it went down.

"Obama needs this award for his legacy."

"But he hasn't even been in office very long."

"Precisely. If we wait and give it to him later, it would be after he has completely destroyed the world economy and let terrorism run rampant. Which is what we all want, I grant you, but some people in the world may disagree."

"What if we wait until 30 years after his presidency, like we did for Carter?"

"You fool! We will have set up our secret Socialist Moon Colony by then! There will BE no more Peace Prize!"

"Oh yes, thank you for reminding me."

"Gentlemen, to evil!"

(Toast)

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 03:20 PM

Apparently, it was CBS (Not Fox News or Bill OReilly) that said the exact same thing I did:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/09/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5374515.shtml

October 9, 2009 12:50 PM
Obama's Nobel Win: A "Mission Accomplished" Moment?

Today's Nobel Peace Prize announcement raises the question: Is a negative caricature of President Obama now fully developed?

One thing that eluded Mr. Obama during his presidential campaign was that he was never successfully lampooned by the Republican Party.

Unlike past failed Democratic presidential candidates, the president avoided being stereotyped as "all talk, but no substance" last year, no matter how hard the GOP tried. And the Republican Party has a long history of successfully mocking their opponents in simple, negative and ultimately effective terms.

Remember in 2000 when Al Gore was painted as a serial exaggerator with a boring, stiff, and overall uncomfortable persona? Or John Kerry in 2004 as a "flip-flopper" who didn't really "earn" his Purple Hearts and ultimately dishonored his fellow troops when he returned from Vietnam?

Republicans failed to make anything stick to Mr. Obama in 2008. All their efforts to paint him as radical or not American or inexperienced didn't work.

Like the Democrats did after President Bush prematurely declared the Iraq war "accomplished" on that aircraft carrier in 2003, the right is already using the Nobel prize as an opportunity to hammer Mr. Obama for not having accomplished what he's being honored for.

"The real question Americans are asking is, 'What has President Obama actually accomplished?'" Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele said in a statement.

"It is unfortunate that the president's star power has outshined tireless advocates who have made real achievements working towards peace and human rights," he added.

"I don't believe this," Rush Limbaugh exclaimed on his radio show this afternoon. "He's not only the first post-racial president, he's the first post-accomplishment president. He's now judged on wishful thinking."

The president hasn't "done diddly-squat" to deserve it, Limbaugh added.

But it's not just the harsh rhetoric from the right - rhetoric that will only grow louder over the weekend on the Sunday talk shows - that threatens the president.

It's the comedy gold that the blogosphere as well as the late night talk show hosts and "Saturday Night Live" will exploit to no end.

In fact, there's already a joke formula that's exploded: fill in the blank with your favorite award (Oscar, American Idol, etc.) and say that President Obama has already won it without accomplishing anything to deserve it.

And give credit to the folks at "SNL" who were a week early when they mocked Mr. Obama as all talk and no action last Saturday.

"When you look at my record," said SNL actor Fred Armisen as President Obama. "It's very clear what I've done so far -- and that is nothing."

Today's announcement only serves as more fodder for Mr. Obama's critics, dumping more fuel on the "all-flash-with-few-results" persona that they tried so hard to trump up last year and now, to their glee, may be fully developed.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, Republicans hate America and peace now.

I'm mildly surprised they didn't start drowning puppies when Obama got one.

da_suns_fan
10-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Well, Republicans hate America and peace now.

I'm mildly surprised they didn't start drowning puppies when Obama got one.

How in the world do you come to the conclusion that Republicans hate "peace"?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 03:26 PM
How in the world do you come to the conclusion that Republicans hate "peace"?Please refer to the Sarcasm FAQ.

Spurminator
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
How in the world do you come to the conclusion that Republicans hate "peace"?

Part of it comes from how much you guys love war.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Part of it comes from how much you guys love war.

wars when reublicans are in office.. key distinction.

sonic21
10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
i see this award partly as an affirmation of his goals, but also largely as a repudiation of Bush's lone-cowboy style of international diplomacy.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
wars when reublicans are in office.. key distinction.

Yet another example you have no clue what you are talking about.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM

I thought Obama won the award partially because he brought a new sense of civility to the political arena. No more playground insults like "you aren't a patriot, I am" or "you have no shame". :sleep

Considering the threads started around here by "conservatives", he's doing a miraculously fantastic job of it.

Oooooh! Something shiny! *creates iPod thread*

Ooooh! Movement on my TV! *creates bowing thread*

---

Also, I have to give props to people who are ridiculing Obama for receiving this. The unrivaled hate you have for this man is amazing.

DNC finally showing some balls and calling out the Repugnants as shit-headed, bloody-minded, inane, shameless extremists.

They didn't win the award. Neither did I.

The conservative response to Obama winning it has been utterly disgusting; like so many other conservative lines of attack.

I'm sorry you don't like your ilk being called out for unpatriotic, partisan, ruthless and disgusting behavior, but reality doesn't go unmentioned based on your ability to handle it.

Some of you guys are taking this way too serious. No need to be that bitter. This is more a comic moment than anything else. Of course people are going to make fun of this, it's hilarious in itself. Only someone with a total lack of a sense of humour wouldn't be able to enjoy the jokes that such an event offers. Chill out, politics aren't worth all that.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 03:48 PM
No need to be that bitter.Then don't be.

mogrovejo
10-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Then don't be.

I'm sorry? Who's being bitter?

David Bowie
10-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I'll chime in and say WHAT THE FUCK with the rest of you. And honestly, if we elected Angelina Jolie president with Brad Pitt as wise president, the rest of the world would start loving us as well.

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 04:29 PM
"Man on the street" reaction

LMFAO at the guy 0:46 into this video

0YnDXESGdH8

NoOptionB
10-09-2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.drmartinlutherkingjr.com/i-have-a-dream.jpg

You're totally right. Words don't mean anything.

I challenge MLK to whisper away Nukes from reality.

Seeing as how obama is 1/1000th the man MLK was....

resistanze
10-09-2009, 04:52 PM
LOL @ Neocon robots acting like they would've liked MLK, and weren't the ones calling him communist spy back in the 60s.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I challenge MLK to whisper away Nukes from reality.

Seeing as how obama is 1/1000th the man MLK was....“We seek the total elimination one day of nuclear weapons from the face of the Earth.”

Can you guess who said that?

He kind of whispered when he talked.

DarrinS
10-09-2009, 05:41 PM
“We seek the total elimination one day of nuclear weapons from the face of the Earth.”

Can you guess who said that?

He kind of whispered when he talked.

The dog whisperer?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 05:42 PM
The dog whisperer?No.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Part of it comes from how much you guys love war. Yeah because it is so easier to avoid the war or pass it on to another president. Just Appease, close your eyes and give money to voters for their votes.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah because it is so easier to avoid the war or pass it on to another president. Just Appease, close your eyes and give money to voters for their votes.Are you saying an invasion and occupation of Iraq was inevitable?

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 05:59 PM
LOL @ Neocon robots acting like they would've liked MLK, and weren't the ones calling him communist spy back in the 60s.

It should come as no surprise that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican. In that era, almost all black Americans were Republicans. Why? From its founding in 1854 as the anti-slavery party until today, the Republican Party has championed freedom and civil rights for blacks. And as one pundit so succinctly stated, the Democrat Party is as it always has been, the party of the four S's: Slavery, Secession, Segregation and now Socialism.

It was the Democrats who fought to keep blacks in slavery and passed the discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws. The Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan to lynch and terrorize blacks. The Democrats fought to prevent the passage of every civil rights law beginning with the civil rights laws of the 1860's, and continuing with the civil rights laws of the 1950's and 1960's.
http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=pages.DYK-Why%20MLK%20was%20a%20Republican

http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-252505.html

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
You can’t talk about solving the economic problem of the Negro without talking about billions of dollars. You can’t talk about ending the slums without first saying profit must be taken out of slums. You’re really tampering and getting on dangerous ground because you are messing with folk then. You are messing with captains of industry… Now this means that we are treading in difficult water, because it really means that we are saying that something is wrong…with capitalism… There must be a better distribution of wealth and maybe America must move toward a Democratic Socialism.

Yeah, he was a Republican alright.

spursncowboys
10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Are you saying an invasion and occupation of Iraq was inevitable?
No, nothing is inevitable. Bush could have just as easily cowardly looked the other way towards Iraq. Let Iraq play the games it played- shooting in the NO Fly Zone, starving, killing, raping, torturing its own people, attacking Israel, funding and housing terrorists, invading peaceful neighboring countries. Bush could have pretended like 9-11 didn't happen and go back to when the terrorists were a nuisance. He could have worried about keeping his campaign promises and not tried to nation build. He could have done the absolute minimum and looked at polls every morning to decide how he would answer a national problem.

clambake
10-09-2009, 06:14 PM
No, nothing is inevitable. Bush could have just as easily cowardly looked the other way towards Iraq. Let Iraq play the games it played- shooting in the NO Fly Zone, starving, killing, raping, torturing its own people, attacking Israel, funding and housing terrorists, invading peaceful neighboring countries. Bush could have pretended like 9-11 didn't happen and go back to when the terrorists were a nuisance. He could have worried about keeping his campaign promises and not tried to nation build. He could have done the absolute minimum and looked at polls every morning to decide how he would answer a national problem.

PEP
10-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Are you saying an invasion and occupation of Iraq was inevitable?
Yes.

ChumpDumper
No, nothing is inevitable. Bush could have just as easily cowardly looked the other way towards Iraq. Let Iraq play the games it played- shooting in the NO Fly Zone, starving, killing, raping, torturing its own people, attacking Israel, funding and housing terrorists, invading peaceful neighboring countries. Bush could have pretended like 9-11 didn't happen and go back to when the terrorists were a nuisance. He could have worried about keeping his campaign promises and not tried to nation build. He could have done the absolute minimum and looked at polls every morning to decide how he would answer a national problem.So you're saying Iraq was behind the 9/11 attacks.

ChumpDumper
Yes.Why?

I mean, as long as the neocons were influencing Bush I could see it as an inevitability, but not necessarily otherwise.

PEP
10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Why?
Because.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Because.Unconvincing.

PEP
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Unconvincing.
When were you there again? I've spent years over there, before and after the war.

clambake
10-09-2009, 06:21 PM
When were you there again? I've spent years over there, before and after the war.

so what. i've spent years wondering what the fuck you were doing there.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 06:21 PM
When were you there again? I've spent years over there, before and after the war.So you should be able to elaborate.

So far, you suck.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 06:25 PM

We were attacked by al-qaeda and bush attcked iraq! great decision!

PEP
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
So you should be able to elaborate.

So far, you suck.
Go run along and go play with your mommy. Oh wait, I forgot. :lol

When you and the others on here were probably still wacking off to Britney Spears videos you werent there seeing the no fly zone violations, UN violations, etc, it was only a matter of time before the world, not just the US was going to have to finally act in taking out Saddam. It was only a matter of time until there was an incident where either a jet/helicopter was shot down.

And unlike your petty partisan politics I would back any President with making a decision to go in and take him out.

I'm sure if I had been a gay soldier coming out and bashing Bush about an illegal war in Iraq you'd all be lining up to suck me off. So like I said go run along kiddies just because you've never amounted to much in life, you wont be able to tell your kids an grandkids you never really accomplished anything in your life, oh you finished college and have a good paying job, how nice. Try making a sacrifice for once, and no I dont mean stop buying starbucks for a month.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2009, 06:35 PM

When you and the others on here were probably still wacking off to Britney Spears videos you werent there seeing the no fly zone violations, UN violations, etc, it was only a matter of time before the world, not just the US was going to have to finally act in taking out Saddam. It was only a matter of time until there was an incident where either a jet/helicopter was shot down.

And unlike your petty partisan politics I would back any President with making a decision to go in and take him out.

I'm sure if I had been a gay soldier coming out and bashing Bush about an illegal war in Iraq you'd all be lining up to suck me off. So like I said go run along kiddies just because you've never amounted to much in life, you wont be able to tell your kids an grandkids you never really accomplished anything in your life, oh you finished college and have a good paying job, how nice. Try making a sacrifice for once, and no I dont mean stop buying starbucks for a month.

So if I don't serve in the military then I haven't accomplished anything in my life? I personally don't think violating the no fly zone was worth 4,000 + US lives and hundred thousand dead innocent iraqis.. so thank you for your service and your full of sh*t

parents make sacrifices every day you deuche.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Go run along and go play with your mommy. Oh wait, I forgot. :lolYou forgot she is dead and you are laughing about the fact she is dead?

When you and the others on here were probably still wacking off to Britney Spears videos you werent there seeing the no fly zone violations, UN violations, etc, it was only a matter of time before the world, not just the US was going to have to finally act in taking out Saddam. It was only a matter of time until there was an incident where either a jet/helicopter was shot down.I saw the no fly zone violations. Not really a pretext for a full-scale invasion and occupation.

And no invasion and occupation should ever be started over thinking one plane will be shot down.

And unlike your petty partisan politics I would back any President with making a decision to go in and take him out.So just being an oppressive dictator is cause for invasion and occupation? If you want to be the world police, that's fine. We'll always be at war in that case -- even with many of our present allies.

I'm sure if I had been a gay soldier coming out and bashing Bush about an illegal war in Iraq you'd all be lining up to suck me off.Why do you guys always turn gay in every thread?

So like I said go run along kiddies just because you've never amounted to much in life, you wont be able to tell your kids an grandkids you never really accomplished anything in your life, oh you finished college and have a good paying job, how nice. Try making a sacrifice for once, and no I dont mean stop buying starbucks for a month.Man, you are making all kinds of assumptions here.

And turning gay.

You still suck at this -- and I'm not talking about dicks, so don't start touching yourself, ok?

hope4dopes
10-09-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm sure if I had been a gay soldier coming out and bashing Bush about an illegal war in Iraq you'd all be lining up to suck me off. So like I said go run along kiddies just because you've never amounted to much in life, you wont be able to tell your kids an grandkids you never really accomplished anything in your life, oh you finished college and have a good paying job, how nice. Try making a sacrifice for once, and no I dont mean stop buying starbucks for a month.:lolThat was funny dude

clambake
10-09-2009, 06:45 PM
you like that, micca?

hope4dopes
10-09-2009, 06:45 PM
You forgot she is dead and you are laughing about the fact she is dead?

I saw the no fly zone violations. Not really a pretext for a full-scale invasion and occupation.

And no invasion and occupation should ever be started over thinking one plane will be shot down.

So just being an oppressive dictator is cause for invasion and occupation? If you want to be the world police, that's fine. We'll always be at war in that case -- even with many of our present allies.

Why do you guys always turn gay in every thread?

Man, you are making all kinds of assumptions here.

And turning gay.

You still suck at this -- and I'm not talking about dicks, so don't start touching yourself, ok? Your pathetic Chimp you find the war in Iraq an outrage and then call the afgahn war the "good war" your moral outrage is bullshit.

clambake
10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
hey pep, the only reason you're alive is because we're paying them not to kill you.

you should remember that.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Your pathetic Chimp you find the war in Iraq an outrage and then call the afgahn war the "good war" your moral outrage is bullshit.Invading Afghanistan made sense.

Invading and occupying Iraq at the same time did not.

It's not a moral outrage as much as an outrage born of common sense.

Wild Cobra
10-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't really care who wins a Nobel Prize for what, I just know it's in poor taste to attack a winner because he isn't your guy. You're spoiled and childish- throwing a tantrum. The political equivalent of Kanye West.
I think you jump to the wrong conclusion. Full text of Alfred Nobel's Will (http://nobelprize.org/alfred_nobel/will/will-full.html):

I, the undersigned, Alfred Bernhard Nobel, do hereby, after mature deliberation, declare the following to be my last Will and Testament with respect to such property as may be left by me at the time of my death:

To my nephews,

<snip... family, servants, etc.>

The whole of my remaining realizable estate shall be dealt with in the following way: the capital, invested in safe securities by my executors, shall constitute a fund, the interest on which shall be annually distributed in the form of prizes to those who, during the preceding year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit on mankind. The said interest shall be divided into five equal parts, which shall be apportioned as follows: one part to the person who shall have made the most important discovery or invention within the field of physics; one part to the person who shall have made the most important chemical discovery or improvement; one part to the person who shall have made the most important discovery within the domain of physiology or medicine; one part to the person who shall have produced in the field of literature the most outstanding work in an ideal direction; and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses. The prizes for physics and chemistry shall be awarded by the Swedish Academy of Sciences; that for physiological or medical work by the Caroline Institute in Stockholm; that for literature by the Academy in Stockholm, and that for champions of peace by a committee of five persons to be elected by the Norwegian Storting. It is my express wish that in awarding the prizes no consideration whatever shall be given to the nationality of the candidates, but that the most worthy shall receive the prize, whether he be a Scandinavian or not.

<snip - other unrelated remarks to the prize>

Paris, 27 November, 1895

Alfred Bernhard Nobel

OK, let's look at this: "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses." Has he done the most or best for peace between two nations? How about reduction of standing Armies? How about the most or best at brokering peace?

This prize is not according to Alfred Nobel's will. Anyone with pride should be ashamed that such a prize is given by popularity rather than it's intent.

Hitler was nominated in 1939
I think at some point, all heads of state were nominated. In my view, this gave them time between the deadline for sumbission and award to do something that merits the award.

I didn't. Already heard it on the radio. However, it would seem like such a fantasy if Gore didn't already win it.

Interesting.

Refresh my memory, but I thought it was a democrat controlled government that did that. I thought the republicans voted in the 80's percentile for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and democrats only in the 60's.

Can you back that up, or did you eat nothing but beans today?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 06:57 PM
OK, let's look at this: "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses." Has he done the most or best for peace between two nations? How about reduction of standing Armies? How about the most or best at brokering peace?So who did better this past year?

hope4dopes
10-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't know how anyone can any longer take this puppet regime seriuoslly. It' so transparentlly a staged circus. Although I don't think Obama would have had a chance of winning except for the walking on water thing and the changing water into wine.
I mean it's hilarious to watch the moonbats start frothing over fundamentalist christians a supperstitious neanderthals, while they build this scarecrow prop him up and chant the mantra of big brother.Makes snake handeling look downright scientific.

clambake
10-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't know how anyone can any longer take this puppet regime seriuoslly. It' so transparentlly a staged circus. Although I don't think Obama would have had a chance of winning except for the walking on water thing and the changing water into wine.
I mean it's hilarious to watch the moonbats start frothing over fundamentalist christians a supperstitious neanderthals, while they build this scarecrow prop him up and chant the mantra of big brother.Makes snake handeling look downright scientific.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I mean it's hilarious to watch the moonbats start frothing over fundamentalist christians a supperstitious neanderthals, while they build this scarecrow prop him up and chant the mantra of big brother.Makes snake handeling look downright scientific.Meltdown initiated.

What is the mantra of big brother?

hope4dopes
10-09-2009, 07:23 PM
:lmaowhite noise

baseline bum
10-09-2009, 07:28 PM

I still don't get this charge of the "Obama the messiah" complex liberals are supposed to have. You're the ones who told us we could never disagree with the president or we hated America; that he was beyond criticism to anyone but fake Americans. Quit projecting your Bush messiah complex onto liberals.

clambake
10-09-2009, 07:28 PM
don't be upset. it's your shameless stupidity that keeps me coming back.

ploto
10-09-2009, 08:19 PM
It is intriguing to watch the same people who for 8 years questioned the patriotism and the status as "real Americans" of anyone who disagreed with them now spewing hatred at the sitting US President for receiving an award that he did not even seek.

The Nobel People get to give the award to whomever they like.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Is it true Obama was nominated for the 1.4 million dollar prize 12 days after he was in office?

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Is it true Obama was nominated for the 1.4 million dollar prize 12 days after he was in office?That was probably the latest he could have been nominated.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Sounds right.

Makes sense. The voters of the Nobel Peace prize will learn what the voters of America has about the liar know as Obama.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Makes sense. The voters of the Nobel Peace prize will learn what the voters of America has about the liar know as Obama is.They didn't choose the recipient of the prize on the nomination date.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 08:44 PM
His apology tour paid off for the appeasers representing the Nobel Peace prize. If they don't know already they will learn, they made a mistake. Just like the American people did voting for this liar.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 08:45 PM
His apology tour paid off for the appeasers representing the Nobel Peace prize. If they don't know already they will learn, they made a mistake. Just like the American people did voting for this liar.If you say they are appeasers and you say Obama is an appeaser, why would this be a mistake for them?

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 08:49 PM
If you say they are appeasers and you say Obama is an appeaser, why would this be a mistake for them?

Obama is a liar who convinced the likes of you and the Nobel peeps he is an appeaser.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Obama is a liar who convinced the likes of you and the Nobel peeps he is an appeaser.So he's not an appeaser then.

OK.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 08:52 PM
So he's not an appeaser then.

OK.

Correct. He is a liar.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 08:56 PM

OK, jack thinks Obama is not an appeaser.

Now, could you tell me which members of the prize committee are appeasers?

Give names and the appeasement each endorsed.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 09:01 PM

OK, jack thinks Obama is not an appeaser.

Now, could you tell me which members of the prize committee are appeasers?

Give names and the appeasement each endorsed.

Jack knows Obama is a liar. Jack knows he sold the Nobels the same bullshit line he sold the likes of you. He was nominated 12 days after he was in office. Give it some time. You will hear the folks who voted for him made a mistake. Kind of like the Americans who bought this same bullshit.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Jack knows Obama is a liar. Jack knows he sold the Nobels the same bullshit line he sold the likes of you. He was nominated 12 days after he was in office. Give it some time. You will hear the folks who voted for him made a mistake. Kind of like the Americans bought who bouth this bullshit.Those aren't names or their endorsements of specific policies of appeasement.

You're making this all up.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Those aren't names or their endorsements of specific policies of appeasement.

You're making this all up.

Sorry but I am not. It's clear Obama lies. It's clear he was nominated 12 days in office. It's clear Obamas approval rating has gone down bigtime in America and it will be clear he should not have won the Nobel Peace prize based on his lies and hope/change to the voters that gave him the prize.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Sorry but I am not. It's clear Obama lies. It's clear he was nominated 12 days in office. It's clear Obamas approval rating has gone down bigtime in America and it will be clear he should not have won the Nobel Peace prize based on his lies and hope/change to the voters that gave him the prize.So give us the names of the members of the committee and their endorsement of specific policies of appeasement.

If you won't, it's a clear sign you are lying.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 09:17 PM
So give us the names of the members of the committee and their endorsement of specific policies of appeasement.

If you won't, it's a clear sign you are lying.

Obama is not a liar? Obama was not nominated 12 days in office? Obamas approval ratings are not down 20-25 points since he took office? Quit drinking the kool aid. You will see buyers remorse.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Obama is not a liar? Obama was not nominated 12 days in office? Obamas approval ratings are not down 20-25 points since he took office? Quit drinking the kool aid. You will see buyers remorse.You made a contention about the members of the committee being appeasers.

I asked you to prove it.

You tried to change the subject.

You made it up.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-09-2009, 09:23 PM
It's clear he was nominated 12 days in office.

Not exactly.

He could have been a 2008 nomination that didn't make the submission deadline.

And the fact that February 1st is just the cutoff date, not necessarily the day he was nominated.

These threads are highly entertaining.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 09:26 PM
You made a contention about the members of the committee being appeasers.

I asked you to prove it.

You tried to change the subject.

You made it up.

They are. Obama does not deserve the Nobel Peace prize. Why do you think he deserves it? The guy has done shit. I base my decsion these peeps are appeasers just like the Americans believed Obama when he said all the bullshit he sold them on. You want to prove me wrong take your own advice. Go through each member and check out their background. I'll be waiting?

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Not exactly.

He could have been a 2008 nomination that didn't make the submission deadline.

And the fact that February 1st is just the cutoff date, not necessarily the day he was nominated.

These threads are highly entertaining.

That makes it worse.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
They areProve it.
You want to prove me wrong take your own advice. Go through each member and check out his background.The only contention I made is that you haven't proved your contention. My contention is proven.
I'll be waiting?I'm still waiting for you to say if you were posting from work, coward.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-09-2009, 09:39 PM
That makes it worse.

Actually, it would have no bearing at all.

Be patient, all the relevant nomination info will be revealed right around 2060.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Prove it.The only contention I made is that you haven't proved your contention. My contention is proven.I'm still waiting for you to say if you were posting from work, coward.

You can't prove me wrong. That is your contention. There is a pattern with Obama. You want to ignore it. He has been outed.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 09:56 PM
You can't prove me wrong. That is your contention.Of course I proved it.

You showed you don't know anything about the committee.

That was my contention. I never said I knew anything about the committee, just that you didn't.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-09-2009, 09:57 PM
I will say this, I do believe many people take for granted just how much this president has changed the perception others outside of this nation have of this nation.

It's true. But alot of americans don't give a damn what others think about us, so long as we get the nation back on track.

Almost every foreigners I've met say that this last election was our last chance to not save the country's respect abroad. They all fucking love Obama. More than I love Ron Paul even. Sadly, none of them have heard of Dr. Paul.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Of course I proved it.

You showed you don't know anything about the committee.

That was my contention.

No you didn't. You showed you don't know anything about the committee. The guy did not deserve to win the Nobel Peace prize. They will know they fucked up in time.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 10:06 PM
No you didn't. You showed you don't know anything about the committee.I never said I knew anything about it.

You did.

Prove it.

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 10:07 PM

The way he did with New Orleans or the way he did with Darfur?

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I never said I knew anything about it.

You did.

Prove it.

You prove I am wrong. I'm glad you did not disagree Obama is a liar and the American people disapprove of this guys policies since he has been in office.

MannyIsGod
10-09-2009, 10:09 PM
It's true. But alot of americans don't give a damn what others think about us, so long as we get the nation back on track.

Almost every foreigners I've met say that this last election was our last chance to not save the country's respect abroad. They all fucking love Obama. More than I love Ron Paul even. Sadly, none of them have heard of Dr. Paul.

People just need to realize who gives the award and try to understand their world view. I know its expecting a lot, but you know.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-09-2009, 10:13 PM
I didn't read all this thread, but I heard ont he radio how he got the award and his 'potential for doing great things' was a reason

I think that's pretty lame. Actually, I laughed when I heard he won. But frankly I don't give a damn, these awards are not that big of a deal to me.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 10:13 PM
You prove I am wrong.I proved you don't know shit about the committee after you said you did.

You are a liar.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I proved you don't know shit about the committee after you said you did.

You are a liar.

No you didn't. Obama is the liar.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 10:19 PM
No you didn't.Sure I did. You failed to prove you knew anything about the committee. Your failure is my proof.

Obama is the liar.You can also be a liar.

And you are.

I proved it.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Sure I did. You failed to prove you knew anything about the committee. Your failure is my proof.

You can also be a liar.

And you are.

I proved it.

No you didn't. You failed to prove you know anything about the committee is my proof. Obama is the liar not me.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 10:24 PM
No you didn't.Actually, you did it for me.
You failed to prove you know anything about the committee is my proof.I never said I knew anything about the committee. I knew you were talking out of your ass.
Obama is the liar not me.There are many liars in the world, and you are certainly one of them.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Actually, you did it for me.I never said I knew anything about the committee. I knew you were talking out of your ass.There are many liars in the world, and you are certainly one of them.

You proved nothing as usual. I know you are talking out your ass. Obama is the liar not me.

The Reckoning
10-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I didn't read all this thread, but I heard ont he radio how he got the award and his 'potential for doing great things' was a reason

I think that's pretty lame. Actually, I laughed when I heard he won. But frankly I don't give a damn, these awards are not that big of a deal to me.

look who won it two years ago.

whottt
10-09-2009, 10:27 PM
This is that same peace award they gave to Yasser Arafat right?

That award means as much as a Spurs Talk decorum award would mean had I won it. Actually less.

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 10:30 PM
This is that same peace award they gave to Yasser Arafat right?

That award means as much as a Spurs Talk decorum award would mean had I won it. Actually less.

Perhaps the committee made a mistake to appease people.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Perhaps the committee made a mistake to appease people.Appease whom?

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Appease whom?

People.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
People.Why would they need to appease people?

jack sommerset
10-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Why would they need to appease people?

You tell me.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
You tell me.I don't think they need to appease anyone. You brought up the issue.