PDA

View Full Version : SA to get Saints after 05?

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 12:23 PM
McCombs is selling Vikings.

Tom Benson wants to dump the Saints since they will not get him a new stadium and the Super Dome lease runs through the 05 season.

McCombs will buy Saints after the 05 season and he will move Saints to SA and they will play in the Alamo Dome.

You heard it here first.

samikeyp
04-14-2005, 12:29 PM
If LA doesn't have a team by then, the Saints will go there.

jcrod
04-14-2005, 01:02 PM
McCombs is selling Vikings.

Tom Benson wants to dump the Saints since they will not get him a new stadium and the Super Dome lease runs through the 05 season.

McCombs will buy Saints after the 05 season and he will move Saints to SA and they will play in the Alamo Dome.

You heard it here first.

Jim,
Saw in the news yest on 5 (Don Harris) were he talked to McCombs and Red said this is totally untrue, no team to S.A.

samikeyp
04-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Don Harris is on Channel 4.

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Of course they will deny it.

It will happen.

jcrod
04-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Don Harris is on Channel 4.

Actually I'm cable so it's actually 3.

Jim, I hope it's true, but I doubt it. I'll buy you a beer at an NFL game if it happens.

sickdsm
04-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Fowler won't end up owning the team. He's lied about everything since day one. The deal in its current state will fall through.

Red might not get the team sold this year. Glen Taylor (wolves owner) has pursued it numerous time and he has the cash and blessing from Red as a backup bidder.

If i were a businessman, why would i move a team to SA? LA is much better option.

samikeyp
04-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Actually I'm cable so it's actually 3.

so am I and on my system its 4...but still not 5

I would love for it to happen too but I think LA is more of a priority for the NFL.

Jimcs50
04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Fowler won't end up owning the team. He's lied about everything since day one. The deal in its current state will fall through.

Red might not get the team sold this year. Glen Taylor (wolves owner) has pursued it numerous time and he has the cash and blessing from Red as a backup bidder.

If i were a businessman, why would i move a team to SA? LA is much better option.

LA has failed twice...they do not like football there.

samikeyp
04-14-2005, 05:08 PM
True but the NFL does. Which is odd because the reason why both teams moved was because the public wouldn't finance a stadium. The Rams used to pack them in until they started sucking in the late '80's.

jalbre6
04-14-2005, 06:47 PM
The Rams fucked everything up by moving to Anaheim first. If you've ever been to Orange County, it's like 30 miles away, and the traffic on I-5 absolutely sucks. I bet it's even worse on a game day. Combine that with shitty play on the field and soap opera management and ownership, and it's no wonder the town disowned them.

LA has learned their lesson like Houston did. If they get another team they'll support the hell out of it. It would be smarter to have them play somewhere more central to the area than Anaheim.

msufan420
04-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Anybody who thinks that San Antonio will get an NFL in the next 10 years is kidding themselves...it will NEVER HAPPEN!

davi78239
04-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Only football I see here in the future is UTSA Div 1 or Arena football. There are supposedly cities south of the border ahead of S.A for an NFL franchise.

samikeyp
04-15-2005, 12:00 PM
UTSA football would be good for the dome. Arena would too although there was talk when the SBC opened about putting a team there. I liked when we had a AFL team here...even if it did suck yak ass. Anyone remember the team name or the dubious distinction it still holds?

davi78239
04-15-2005, 12:13 PM
yea, Mccombs got a team in the old arena, but it only lasted something like 2 or 3 years. I definetly welcome an arena football team over any MLS one.

davi78239
04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
That's right. Sa Force.

samikeyp
04-15-2005, 04:07 PM
The name is correct. Didn't know about the fg%...good one. I was going for the only team ever to be shut out in AFL history. 50-0 by Tampa Bay.

samikeyp
04-15-2005, 04:11 PM
http://www.teleportrait.com/LogoServer/football/SanAntonioForce.GIF

vincerodriguez23
04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
San Antonio will NEVER get an NFL team, not by a longshot. If SA really wanted it, there would have to be major renovations done on the dome, or build a new football stadium. I do agree that San Antonio will see some football, like UTSA D-1 which would be good for the dome, and I would defintely like to see Arena Football come back to SA, I would definitely go. Awhile back, I did hear in the news about some talk about the Spurs financing an AFL team to help the SBC Center. But I would defintely support an AFL team back to the Alamo city, AFL is fun to watch.

NFL = Never
Arena = Good chance, with enough SA citizen support, it might come
UTSA = very good chance

As regards to the MLS, its great SA will get another pro team along with the Spurs and Silver Stars, but I dont see myself goin to the games. In fact, I dont think an MLS franchise will live very long here.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2005, 07:25 PM
The next two NFL teams/NFL team moves will be to LA and Vegas, end of story.

jalbre6
04-17-2005, 07:33 PM
The next two NFL teams/NFL team moves will be to LA and Vegas, end of story.

The NFL will expand by two teams in 2006 for play in 2008, right? Or is that of the shelf?

mookie2001
04-22-2005, 08:41 PM
UTSA = very good chance

that would be the stuff

blaze89
04-22-2005, 11:45 PM
San Antonio lost its chance to jump into the NFL years ago. Since the dome went up, there has been four NFL teams relocating and San Antonio, was never seriously in the mix.

The best chance for football is UTSA in the dome - provided there is ample support to keep them in the Alamodome. Just spruce the dome up a bit here and there (after the soccer fields are built) and let's go.

scott
04-23-2005, 12:09 AM
The Alamodome would be the biggest dump in the NFL, even if they renovated the hell out of it.

The NFL is never coming, get over it.

kskonn
04-23-2005, 12:57 AM
I don't see UTSA as D1 for a long time. The school does not have the money or the type of student body to support the activity. It is a commuter school. Just look at its buddy to the north Texas State. Larger school with its own stadium, the games are free and you can tail gate. they are just now starting to get the attendance to fill up a 12000 seat stadium. Starting a Football program takes lots of money. Utsa has obviously decided to dedicate that money elsewhere.

jcrod
04-28-2005, 02:43 PM
HMMMM.....

Saints owner Tom Benson has rejected the state's latest offer for a long-term agreement and cut off further negotiations until after the 2005 season, when the National Football League team can make an early exit from the contract by paying the state $81 million.
-- New Orleans Times-Picayune