PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding kids at games

Soul_Patch
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
If we wanted to bring our 21 month old son to the game tonight, would we have to buy him a ticket?

duncan228
10-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Children 24 months and older must have a ticket in order to gain entrance to the AT&T Center. Children under 24 months of age may enter without a ticket but must sit on their parent's or guardian's lap. PLEASE NOTE: Some events will require all attendees regardless of age to present a ticket for entry into the AT&T Center. Please check the event's ticket policies at the time of purchase.

http://www.attcenter.com/default.asp?att_center=63

I. Hustle
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
I hope you aren't one of those that say my 26 month old or my 38 month old. That shit is retarded.

nuclearfm
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I hope you aren't one of those that say my 26 month old or my 38 month old. That shit is retarded.

What I've got from Ryvin1 is that you can buy a nosebleed seat and let them sit in your lap. Nobody will really say anything

DxB
10-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Man the kid could be "30 months" old (I agree that month shit is gay), who the fuck cares just lie n get him/her in for free! Aint like they gonna check n shit..

Soul_Patch
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
damn...n-shit...i thought a kid undur 2 years old usually gets referred to in munts...ya hear? dayum, i mean...he aint no one year old bullshit...but dam...kid aint even 2 yet either.. shit...im sorta new to this paarunt'n shit...n shit...so i cud be wrong....n-shit...

anyway...thanks for the link duncan228, hard time passing him off as under 2, since he looks like he is 3, but have a chance for some lower level tickets, and wanted to take him with us.

nuclearfm
10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
damn...n-shit...i thought a kid undur 2 years old usually gets referred to in munts...ya hear? dayum, i mean...he aint no one year old bullshit...but dam...kid aint even 2 yet either.. shit...im sorta new to this paarunt'n shit...n shit...so i cud be wrong....n-shit...

anyway...thanks for the link duncan228, hard time passing him off as under 2, since he looks like he is 3, but have a chance for some lower level tickets, and wanted to take him with us.

I understand that one. Young kids can look vastly different despite the same age. My daughter gets mistaken for 5 while being 3

dbestpro
10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah, my 5 year old has been 23 months for 3 years now.

Solid D
10-09-2009, 01:02 PM
It's quite normal for people to use months to describe age under 2 years. The problem I would have is trying to put a 3 or 4 year old on your lap at the AT&T Center. If you are a small parent with small child, I suppose that could work. However, if there is a sellout or near-sellout, people moving down the aisles with food/beverages will not be easy on you nor your child.

If your adolescent spends his/her time in the AT&T Kids Zone with an adult, no problem.

lennyalderette
10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
well im a 312 month old and i dont get in free!!

lennyalderette
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
jk man , i doubt they charge you baby and if they do just sneak him in your back pack lol

gospursgojas
10-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Just so y'all know. The reason parents use months between 1 year and 2 or even 3, is bc kids develop so rapidly in those years. A 2 year old thats 24 mos is in a different developmental stage that a 2 year old thats like 32 mos old.

Anyway I never knew about this kid sitting on your lap thing, else I would have taken my son to his first game already...

Soul_Patch
10-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Just so y'all know. The reason parents use months between 1 year and 2 or even 3, is bc kids develop so rapidly in those years. A 2 year old thats 24 mos is in a different developmental stage that a 2 year old thats like 32 mos old.

Anyway I never knew about this kid sitting on your lap thing, else I would have taken my son to his first game already...

Exactly...i used to wonder why people did that too...until i had a kid.

an 13 month old 1 year old....is a lot different thana 21 month old 1 year old...like night and day difference.

NRHector
10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah, my 5 year old has been 23 months for 3 years now.that's funny:lol

Ryvin1
10-09-2009, 03:36 PM
uh what are they going to do, card you child? For that age I would just bring them, if there is a problem they will ask you to buy a "lap child" ticket from what I've been told, but I've only heard that and never had a problem when my kids were around 3 to bring them in, Honestly with my kid I buy a upper deck seat, whatever is cheapest but just let him sit in my lap. If the child is to big to sit in your lap then you would want them to have their own seat to there own sake, but that's just my thoughts on it.

lefty
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
No wonder DrHouse has attended so many Laker games for free

Nathan Explosion
10-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Here's a bigger question, why take the kid? I remember when my son was that age. There was no way in hell the boy was sitting still for more than 3 minutes, let alone 2 1/2 hours. I love the Spurs, but there was no way in hell I was going to deal with the hassle of keeping the boy in check so I could see a game, especially considering how loud it can get.

I don't understand why parents take kids to games when the kid has no idea what's going on, won't remember it, will probably fall asleep before the game is over, and will create tons of problems above all. Unless I have a luxury suite, I'm leaving the kids at home. If I can't get a babysitter, I sit my son down next to me and we watch the game together. He can make it through about a quarter, but that's with getting his little basketball court out and playing the game himself. Otherwise, he's running all over the place.

But that's just me. And I'm the guy who held my 7 month old son while watching the Spurs won the title in 2007 and looking down at him and explaining why everyone was celebrating on the court to him. I even had it on my DVR so he could see it again the next day.

Destro
10-09-2009, 08:32 PM
don't bring your little shitbags to a game. Nobody wants to sit next to a baby, get a sitter or don't go out

ploto
10-10-2009, 10:39 AM
On behalf of people with back problems, please do not sit your 3-year old on your lap and let him kick my seat all night.

Samr
10-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I think we found a way for Sequ to go to games.

manu_maniac
10-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I wonder if you can get by by telling them your age in months in scientific notation. I'm a 2.44E2 month old. Not sure who's lap I'd be sitting on, though.

TDMVPDPOY
10-10-2009, 11:12 AM
so does this mean sequ cant get in free even with teh age limit let alone the height limit?

jb4g
10-12-2009, 08:48 AM
fyi for those taking young kids to the arena this year, the Fan Fiesta is no more, its being replaced with a restaraunt/bar. I think the basketball hoops are being moved to another location, but everything else is gone for good. Frankly, thats a good thing IMO, too many people would let their kids run loose up there with no supervision

phyzik
10-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Personally, I would hate to be the person sitting in front of, or next to, a parent with a kid in their lap for an entire Spurs game. Thats just as bad as a crying kid in a theater IMHO. Just speaking the truth.

Dex
10-12-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm with the majority on this one. I don't want to sound like an ogre and I understand why a parent would want to take their kid to a game, but it definitely seems more appropriate when the child is big enough to walk, talk, and generally understand whats going on.

A baby is more likely to get bothered by the large crowds, loud noises, high seats, and long game, which then becomes a problem for the parents and those around them. And they probably won't even remember a lick of the game.

Agloco
10-12-2009, 09:50 AM
don't bring your little shitbags to a game. Nobody wants to sit next to a baby, get a sitter or don't go out

Thanks. I'll be sure to consult with you before I take my next dump also. Perhaps you'd care to wipe my ass for me. You know, just to make sure it's done your way the right way.

Soul_Patch
10-12-2009, 09:57 AM

lol....gotta love the internet tough guy...to be honest, the majority of the people we sat around had more fun with Andrew than with the game...he was entertaining the whole section.

phyzik
10-12-2009, 10:03 AM
lol....gotta love the internet tough guy...to be honest, the majority of the people we sat around had more fun with Andrew than with the game...he was entertaining the whole section.

:lol

Sorry, I just got this image in my head of some parents little kid being a general brat and everyone is staring and the parents are oblivious, continuing to think their child is perfect and everyone around them is getting a kick out of him ruining their enjoyment for the game.

:rollin

not saying thats what happened, its just the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post.

Timmy21D
10-12-2009, 11:17 AM
What I've got from Ryvin1 is that you can buy a nosebleed seat and let them sit in your lap. Nobody will really say anything

Unless you got that NAZI loser usher asking for a birth certificate. I'd sit him in my lap as well.

Soul_Patch
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
:lol

Sorry, I just got this image in my head of some parents little kid being a general brat and everyone is staring and the parents are oblivious, continuing to think their child is perfect and everyone around them is getting a kick out of him ruining their enjoyment for the game.

:rollin

not saying thats what happened, its just the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post.

I completely understand, as i hate when misbehaving kids are left to their own devices. I can honestly say he wasnt though...and ill be the first to admit.

He acted up a bit once, so i let him stand in front of me...he started jumping up and down and smashed his lip on the chair in front of me...started crying, so we went to the spurs n saddle area...let him chill out, eat a snack..then the remainder of the game he laid low...except when the coyote put the fear of god in him.