PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks not sure when Josh Howard will play

duncan228
10-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Mavericks not sure when Josh Howard will play (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-mavericks-howard&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle isn’t sure when swingman Josh Howard will be able to play after offseason surgery on his left ankle.

Asked Friday whether Howard could miss the start of the regular season, Carlisle replied: “Stay tuned.”

“Giving a timetable was probably a mistake. We have to play this by ear,” Carlisle said. “I’ll probably announce it the day he is going to play—whether that is in two weeks or a month or a month and a half.”

Dallas opens the regular season Oct. 27.

Howard averaged 18 points and 5.1 rebounds last season, missing 30 games.

Forward Shawn Marion was to play Friday against Washington after missing Dallas’ preseason opener Monday with a calf injury.

Culburn369
10-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I know its a little queer me being a Lakers fan and all, but, I would enjoy seeing the Mavs at full strength for a decent spell of time. Christ, will it ever happen?

Culburn369
10-09-2009, 07:20 PM
LOL, I have that same little fetish. Say what you want, but Marion looks like he belongs on the Mavs. I'd seek to trade Smokey for Jackson.

Yes, I was just in there watching it and Marion looks comfortable.

Ghazi
10-09-2009, 07:32 PM
We need our beloved Ho to be healthy this year and to play like he did toward the end of last year and from 05-07. Healthy Ho, provided everyone else is healthy as well, = WCF loss to Lakers. Healthy Ho + injuries/flukes for Lakers = 2nd LOB for the boys in blue.

kamikazi_player
10-09-2009, 07:33 PM
So is J-Ho going to commit to play the SG position or what? is he coming off the bench?

Spursmania
10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
LOL, I have that same little fetish. Say what you want, but Marion looks like he belongs on the Mavs. I'd seek to trade Smokey for Jackson.

I completely agree that Marion belongs with Dallas.

Rogue
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Espero que Josh recuperara pronto.

mystargtr34
10-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Even if Josh Howard sucks for 78 games this season, hes worth his entire contract for the 4 games he plays against the Spurs.

Samr
10-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Mavericks not sure when Josh Howard will play (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-mavericks-howard&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle isn’t sure when swingman Josh Howard will be able to play after offseason surgery on his left ankle.

“I’ll probably announce it the day he is going to play—whether that is in two weeks or a month or a month and a half.”

It takes at least a month to get all that medicinal marijuana out of the system.