PDA

View Full Version : Obama bored with economy, plays basketball with his cabinet

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/10/08/obama.basketball.ap/index.html

President Barack Obama and a few members of his Cabinet played basketball Thursday night at the White House with a handful of House members, two of them Republicans.

"We ran into a president with some serious game," said Rep. Jay Inslee, D-Wash.

Obama had "a sweet crossover move" and appeared to be in great shape, Inslee said. "He put a real nice move on me and beat me along the base line."

On the president's team were Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan. Also playing with Obama was his personal assistant, Reggie Love, once a forward for the Duke Blue Devils.

hope4dopes
10-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Why are liberal journalists and I suppose most white liberal effite men obsessed with Obama's "shape"?

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 12:46 PM
don't ask so many questions

Obama gettin busy beating 60 year old white guys at basketball because he can't handle the presidency.

nuclearfm
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Why are liberal journalists and I suppose most white liberal effite men obsessed with Obama's "shape"?

I'm pretty sure you have a reason why...

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 12:56 PM
He's playing basketball to help create his new policy on Afghanistan. Over a month now and no strategy.

hope4dopes
10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
He's playing basketball to help create his new policy on Afghanistan. Over a month now and no strategy.What are all the golf games for .......the economy?

Nbadan
10-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Can't the man take a break from saving the world to play some ball?

lebomb
10-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Shit Bush never did any athletic activities and still managed to fuck everything up.

resistanze
10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
lol obsessed

hope4dopes
10-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Can't the man take a break from saving the world to play some ball? I'm starting to think the more breaks he has the greater the worlds chances are.

boutons_deux
10-11-2009, 02:01 PM
the ankle-biters are swarming.

NoOptionB
10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
It would be fun to play Obama in basketball.

balli
10-11-2009, 02:15 PM
One of the Republicants who was invited is the same worthless asshole who walked out of Obama's healthcare speech. I'm not a good person, so I'd just have assumed see the guy publicly hung with a meathook. But Obama's a good person, and consequently, according to everything that is good and holy and empathetic, it's nice to see Obama turn the other cheek.

He's a much better person than most republicans. Much better.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 02:39 PM
He's playing basketball to help create his new policy on Afghanistan. Over a month now and no strategy.How long did it take Bush to adopt a new strategy in Iraq when his was clearly failing?

Years.

Did you bitch about it then?

No.

Now you are saying that Bush's failed strategy in Afghanistan needs to be changed immediately.

OK.

Cry Havoc
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
lol fake outrage threads

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Shit Bush never did any athletic activities and still managed to fuck everything up.
Bush gave up golf

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Bush gave up golfExcept he didn't -- not for the troops.

He definitely didn't give up clearing brush.

exstatic
10-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Except he didn't.

He definitely didn't give up clearing brush.
That. At least Obama doesn't have to fly back from basketball in AF1, or take days to do it.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
How long did it take Bush to adopt a new strategy in Iraq when his was clearly failing?

Years.

Did you bitch about it then?

No.

Now you are saying that Bush's failed strategy in Afghanistan needs to be changed immediately.

OK. I don't recall Bush being without a strategy. His strategy was doing alot better than Obama's (even though BHO doesn't have a strategy). Bush, privately looked into different ways to fight Iraq and Afghanistan. That is not what BHO is doing.
In State of Denial, it talks about Bush setting up, and creating new strategies. How he told his CMD Gen Casey at the time (the book puts alot of blame on Casey) that they are playing to win, and to let him know what he thinks would help them win.
Every post you do the same thing, "Did you complain when Bush did it", even( for this instance) when Bush didn't do the same as BHO. BHO would have pulled US troops out of Iraq, win or lose, and now he wants to cut and run on the country that attacked us.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Except he didn't -- not for the troops.

He definitely didn't give up clearing brush. Do you have a link of that?

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't recall Bush not being without a strategy. His strategy was doing alot better than Obama's (even though BHO doesn't have a strategy). Bush, privately looked into different ways to fight Iraq and Afghanistan. That is not what BHO is doing.If Obama doesn't have a new strategy in Afghanistan, then we are still working with Bush's strategy. What part of that do you not understand?

In State of Denial, it talks about Bush setting up, and creating new strategies.Right. How many years did it take to implement a new strategy?

It was four years into the war.

Four years.

Why the hell do you think it was called State of Denial?

How he told his CMD Gen Casey at the time (the book puts alot of blame on Casey) that they are playing to win, and to let him know what he thinks would help them win.I read the book. It puts a lot of blame on Bush.

Every post you do the same thing, "Did you complain when Bush did it", even( for this instance) when Bush didn't do the same as BHO. BHO would have pulled US troops out of Iraq, win or loseBHO is not pulling out of Iraq at all right now. You're just lying.
and now he wants to cut and run on the country that attacked us.There is no evidence of that. In fact his administration said pulling out was not an option.

Why do you have to lie all the time?

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 04:58 PM
If Obama doesn't have a new strategy in Afghanistan, then we are still working with Bush's strategy. What part of that do you not understand? The strategy that he said was the wrong strategy to get elected? So a year into his presidency, after a year of campaigning against this strategy, he still doesn't know what to do differently?

Right. How many years did it take to implement a new strategy?

It was four years into the war.

Four years. What strategy are you referring to?

Why the hell do you think it was called State of Denial?

I read the book. It puts a lot of blame on Bush. You're sharp. Did you read it or just watch his interview on pmsnbc?

BHO is not pulling out of Iraq at all right now. You're just lying.There is no evidence of that. In fact his administration said pulling out was not an option.

Why do you have to lie all the time?What are you saying I lied about? Evidence of what?

Clandestino
10-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Bush was the fastest runner we've had in the white house.. but who gives a fuck if our presidents play golf, ball or run. they need the exercise.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 05:09 PM
The strategy that he said was the wrong strategy to get elected? So a year into his presidency, after a year of campaigning against this strategy, he still doesn't know what to do differently?Nine months is not a year. You lied.

Besides, Bush didn't even start discussing a new policy on terror after dismantling that of the previous administration until September 8. so according to your logic, you blame all the deaths of 9/11 on Bush.

What strategy are you referring to?You don't know? Sounds about right.

You're sharp. Did you read it or just watch his interview on pmsnbc?I read it.

What are you saying I lied about? Evidence of what?nine months = one year.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Bush was the fastest runner we've had in the white house.. but who gives a fuck if our presidents play golf, ball or run. they need the exercise.I agree. They also need vacations every once in awhile. It will always be a working vacation, so there is little cause to bitch.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 05:20 PM
You don't know? Sounds about right.
:lolWell then what is it? What was Bush's strategy and what did he change it to?

It's october, so it's been ten months, not nine. So do you disagree with BHO saying he was pulling out of Iraq regardless if we were winning or losing?

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 05:28 PM
:lolWell then what is it? What was Bush's strategy and what did he change it to?He had no initial strategy of occupation since Rummy thought they would be out in a couple of months.

It's october, so it's been ten months, not nine.When did Obama take office?

Give me a date.

Then take today's date.

then count the number of months between the dates.

Do you really need your hand held that much?

So do you disagree with BHO saying he was pulling out of Iraq regardless if we were winning or losing?Bush said we already won.

http://images.chron.com/blogs/txpotomac/mission_accomplished.jpg

Besides, the Iraqi government wants us out. You want to occupy a sovereign nation against their will. Sounds about right.

ploto
10-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Now bitching because the man played some basketball??

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
He had no initial strategy of occupation since Rummy thought they would be out in a couple of months. Your arguement was it taking Bush four years to come up with a new strategy. What does this have to do with that? Do you forget all the Dem's who echoed those same words?

When did Obama take office?

Give me a date.

Then take today's date.

then count the number of months between the dates. The number of months in between Jan 20, 2009 and today, Oct 10 are 10. Not 10 full months, 10 months. Just because we haven't hit the 20th of October doesn't mean October hasn't started. 10 MONTHS into Obama's presidency.

Bush said we already won.

http://images.chron.com/blogs/txpotomac/mission_accomplished.jpg

You wonder why your statements carry no credibility.

"Mission Accomplished," refers to a banner titled "Mission Accomplished" that was displayed on the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Abraham_Lincoln_%28CVN-72%29) during a televised address by United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) President (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_United_States) George W. Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush) on May 1, 2003 and the controversy that followed.
Bush stated at the time that this was the end to major combat operations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq) in Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq). While this statement did coincide with an end to the conventional phase of the war, Bush's assertion — and the sign itself — became controversial after guerilla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerilla) warfare in Iraq increased during the Iraqi insurgency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_insurgency). The vast majority of casualties, among both coalition (approximately 98% as of October 2008) and Iraqi combatants, and among Iraqi civilians, has occurred since the speech.
"Mission accomplished" is a phrase (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrase) that has long been associated with completing a mission (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_operation). In recent years, it has been particularly associated with this event
The banner stating "Mission Accomplished" was a focal point of controversy and criticism. Navy Commander and Pentagon spokesman Conrad Chun said the banner referred specifically to the aircraft carrier's 10-month deployment (which was the longest deployment of a carrier since the Vietnam War) and not the war itself, saying "It truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Accomplished

Besides, the Iraqi government wants us out. You want to occupy a sovereign nation against their will. Sounds about right. Obama said he would pull out of Iraq, and that the Surge wouldn't work and didn't work before Maleki said that.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Your arguement was it taking Bush four years to come up with a new strategy. What does this have to do with that? Do you forget all the Dem's who echoed those same words?This has everything to do with your being a hypocrite about Obama. All of the sudden, you declare the current strategy in Afghanistan (Bush's) to be a failure and that it must be changed instantly because that's what presidents always do. If you read the book, you'd know that wasn't true.

The number of months in between Jan 20, 2009 and today, Oct 10 are 10. Not 10 full months, 10 months. Just because we haven't hit the 20th of October doesn't mean October hasn't started. 10 MONTHS into Obama's presidency.So 10 - 1 = 10 to you. :lmao

You wonder why your statements carry no credibility.He said major combat operations were over in Iraq.

They were not.

He and you thought it would all be flowers and cheap oil after that.

That did not happen.

Obama said he would pull out of Iraq, and that the Surge wouldn't work and didn't work before Maleki said that.Actually the Iraqis had been wanting a firm date for US withdrawal for years. I think no matter how long we stay, as soon as we leave and stop paying the various factions to not kill each other, they will start killing each other again.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Look, the real question in the Afghanistan/Pakistan theater is whether to attempt to eradicate Al Qaeda or Al Qaeda AND the Taliban. Unless you are calling for genocide and a permanent full scale US occupation of the region, the second option may prove impossible to pull off. That is what is being debated right now.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 07:29 PM
This has everything to do with your being a hypocrite about Obama. All of the sudden, you declare the current strategy in Afghanistan (Bush's) to be a failure and that it must be changed instantly because that's what presidents always do. If you read the book, you'd know that wasn't true.

So 10 - 1 = 10 to you. :lmao :wow J+F+M+A+M+J+J+A+S+O=10.

He said major combat operations were over in Iraq.

They were not.

He and you thought it would all be flowers and cheap oil after that.

That did not happen.

Actually the Iraqis had been wanting a firm date for US withdrawal for years. I think no matter how long we stay, as soon as we leave and stop paying the various factions to not kill each other, they will start killing each other again. 1."Bush stated at the time that this was the end to major combat operations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq) in Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq). While this statement did coincide with an end to the conventional phase of the war,"
2. No one planned on stealing their oil except Dems and lib-terrorist conspirators. The oil fields were the less populated area and easiest to guard and defend. If we wanted to do that, we could of. Dumbass.
3. The fact that you think Maliki wanted us to leave makes me think you didn't read that book or anything about the Iraq war except little excerpts from HuffPost and DailyKos.
Speaking of hypocrisy. Where is the demands for timeline for withdrawal from all you libs? Obama has more soldiers deployed in Afghan and Iraq than Bush ever did.

exstatic
10-11-2009, 07:35 PM
:wow J+F+M+A+M+J+J+A+S+O=10.

Stupid. So, if I go camp in Yosemite on the 30th of June, I was there for a month?

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
:wow J+F+M+A+M+J+J+A+S+O=10.Yes, and that's a year to you, idiot.

1."Bush stated at the time that this was the end to major combat operations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq) in Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq). While this statement did coincide with an end to the conventional phase of the war,"Right. Turns out it wasn't the end of major combat operations.

2. No one planned on stealing their oil except Dems and lib-terrorist conspirators. The oil fields were the less populated area and easiest to guard and defend. If we wanted to do that, we could of. Dumbass.the administration expected the Iraqi oil to pay for the US occupation and rebuilding of Iraq, dummy.

3. The fact that you think Maliki wanted us to leave makes me think you didn't read that book or anything about the Iraq war except little excerpts from HuffPost and DailyKos.Except he wanted a firm withdrawal date early on.

Speaking of hypocrisy. Where is the demands for timeline for withdrawal from all you libs? Obama has more soldiers deployed in Afghan and Iraq than Bush ever did.I didn't want the invasion of Iraq in the first place. All it did was distract from the real problem in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Now that we finally have a timeline for withdrawal in Iraq we can concentrate on Afghanistan.

Bush fucked up by invading Iraq, and then he fucked up the occupation several times. I'm sorry any president had to clean up his messes, but that's the way it happened.

Because Bush fucked up.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Bush's banner MISSION ACCOMPLISHED was referring to the end of conventional, major combat warfare. The Iraqi government of saddam was taken down and so was his military.

the conflict going on in Iraq right now does not mean Bush was wrong. Bush was talking about the actual war between Saddam and USA. That -was- mission accomplished.

What the USA fights now is just rebels/freedom fighters and terrorists

ChumpDumper
Stupid. So, if I go camp in Yosemite on the 30th of June, I was there for a month?Yeah I went to HEB the entire month of October last Tuesday.

MiamiHeat
Stupid. So, if I go camp in Yosemite on the 30th of June, I was there for a month?

10 days away from it being 10 months, who cares. it's 2/3 of the way there, closer to 10 than to 9

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Bush's banner MISSION ACCOMPLISHED was referring to the end of conventional, major combat warfare.
When was the battle of Fallujah? That turned out to be quite conventional major combat warfare.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
10 days away from it being 10 months:rollin

George Gervin's Afro
10-11-2009, 07:47 PM
:lolWell then what is it? What was Bush's strategy and what did he change it to?

It's october, so it's been ten months, not nine. So do you disagree with BHO saying he was pulling out of Iraq regardless if we were winning or losing?

you are what i hate

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
:lol These dumbasses think they were one year old when they were born.

George Gervin's Afro
10-11-2009, 07:51 PM
I was 10 months old when I was born and made a year within a couple of months..

NoOptionB
10-11-2009, 07:51 PM
http://teenymanolo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/obama-doll-2.png

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 07:52 PM
i was 3 years old when i was born.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
When was the battle of Fallujah? That turned out to be quite conventional major combat warfare.

Conventional warfare is a form of warfare conducted by using conventional military weapons and battlefield tactics between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opposing army.

you lose, american asshole.

George Gervin's Afro
10-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Conventional warfare is a form of warfare conducted by using conventional military weapons and battlefield tactics between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opposing army.

nice definition, where'd you borrow it from?

ChumpDumper

you lose, american asshole.:lol Where did you get this definition?

Your ass?

Shastafarian
Conventional warfare is a form of warfare conducted by using conventional military weapons and battlefield tactics between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opposing army.Sounds about right.

Do you know about the Battle of Fallujah?

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 07:56 PM
nice definition, where'd you borrow it from?

:lol Where did you get this definition?

Your ass?Even better -- wikipedia!

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
from your mother.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
from your mother.She's dead, so you didn't get it from her.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Do you know about the Battle of Fallujah?

Guerilla warfare.

It's unconventional warfare

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
She's dead, so you didn't get it from her.

sound of the defeated. no rebuttal yet.

predictable

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Guerilla warfare.How would you define it as Guerilla warfare?

It's unconventional warfare
Some of it might have been. Other parts were conventional.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:02 PM
sound of the defeated. no rebuttal yet.

predictableYou just said it you got it from my mother.

You might as well wave a white flag, dumbass.

You surrendered and you don't even know it.

Look up "surrender" in wikipedia.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Guerilla warfare.

It's unconventional warfareIt was a very conventional battle from the US standpoint. Counterinsurgency tactics proposed by the Marines were rejected by those higher up in favor of a full-scale conventional assault.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:05 PM
How would you define it as Guerilla warfare?

Some of it might have been. Other parts were conventional.

US Military Dictionary: unconventional warfare

A broad spectrum of military and paramilitary operations, normally of long duration, predominantly conducted by indigenous or surrogate forces who are organized, trained, equipped, supported, and directed in varying degrees by an external source. Unconventional warfare includes guerrilla warfare and other direct offensive, low visibility, covert, or clandestine operations, as well as the indirect activities of subversion, sabotage, intelligence activities, and evasion and escape.

http://www.answers.com/topic/unconventional-warfare

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
What I was asking is what aspects of the battle would you define as Guerrilla?

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Are you trying to say it was NOT unconventional warfare?

Go ahead and prove your case.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
US Military Dictionary: unconventional warfare

A broad spectrum of military and paramilitary operations, normally of long duration, predominantly conducted by indigenous or surrogate forces who are organized, trained, equipped, supported, and directed in varying degrees by an external source. Unconventional warfare includes guerrilla warfare and other direct offensive, low visibility, covert, or clandestine operations, as well as the indirect activities of subversion, sabotage, intelligence activities, and evasion and escape.

http://www.answers.com/topic/unconventional-warfareSo there was nothing unconventional about the US assault on Fallujah.

Thanks for kicking your ass for me.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Are you trying to say it was NOT unconventional warfare?

Go ahead and prove your case.You just did it for us.

Thanks again!

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:12 PM
:lol

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Pentagon admits using white phosphorous in Iraq
Nov. 15, 2005. 07:22 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — Pentagon officials acknowledged Tuesday that U.S. troops used white phosphorous as a weapon against Iraqi insurgents during the battle of Fallujah last November but denied an Italian television report the flammable material was used against civilians.

Lt.-Col. Barry Venable, a Pentagon spokesman, said while white phosphorous is most frequently used to mark targets or obscure a position, it was used at times in Fallujah as an incendiary weapon against enemy combatants.

"It was not used against civilians," Venable said.

The spokesman referred to an article in the March-April 2005 edition of the U.S. army's Field Artillery magazine, an official publication, in which veterans of the Fallujah fight spelled out their use of white phosphorous and other weapons. The authors used the shorthand WP in referring to white phosphorous.

"WP proved to be an effective and versatile munition," the authors wrote.

"We used it for screening missions at two breeches and, later in the fight, as a potent psychological weapon against the insurgents in trench lines and spider holes when we could not get effects on them with HE (high explosive)" munitions.

"We fired `shake and bake' missions at the insurgents, using WP to flush them out and HE to take them out."

The authors added, in citing lessons for future urban battles, fire-support teams should have used another type of smoke bomb for screening missions in Fallujah "and saved our WP for lethal missions."

The battle for Fallujah was the most intense and deadly fight of the war, after the fall of Baghdad in April 2003. The city, about 55 kilometres west of Baghdad on the Euphrates River, was a key insurgent stronghold. The authors of the "after action" report said they encountered few civilians in their area of operations.

Italian Communists held a sit-in Monday in front of the U.S. Embassy in Rome to protest against the reported use by U.S. troops of white phosphorous. Italy's RAI24 news television aired a documentary last week alleging the United States used white phosphorous shells in a "massive and indiscriminate way" against civilians during the Fallujah offensive.

The U.S. State Department, in response, initially denied troops had used white phosphorous against enemy forces.

"They were fired into the air to illuminate enemy positions at night, not at enemy fighters."

The department later said its statement had been incorrect.

"There is a great deal of misinformation feeding on itself about U.S. forces allegedly using `outlawed' weapons in Fallujah," the department said.

"The facts are that U.S. forces are not using any illegal weapons in Fallujah or anywhere else in Iraq."

Venable said white phosphorous shells are a standard weapon used by field artillery units and are not banned by any international weapons convention to which the United States is a signatory.

White phosphorous is a colourless-to-yellow translucent wax-like substance with a pungent, garlic-like smell. The form used by the military ignites once it is exposed to oxygen, producing such heat it bursts into a yellow flame and produces a dense white smoke. It can cause painful burns to exposed human flesh.

DING DONG

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM

you have nothing else to say eh?

Iraq insurgency is guerilla warfare, practicing unconventional warfare

and the USA practiced unconventional warfare.

You lose, american assholes.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
The US assault on Fallujah was a nice example of conventional warfare.

DING DONG

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Bush was not wrong. He was referring to major combat operations vs Saddam hussein. Did Saddam's government come back from the dead and start another war with us? no

What is happening now is REBELS, insurgents are hiding amongst civilians and attacking and then running away. that is guerilla warfare.

good night newbies.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
you have nothing else to say eh?

Iraq insurgency is guerilla warfare, practicing unconventional warfare

and the USA practiced unconventional warfare.

Trenches and spider holes are examples of guerrilla warfare? Trenches. Are you trolling or are you just really stupid?

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:19 PM
The US assault on Fallujah was a nice example of conventional warfare.

DING DONG

you're a troll. you just got owned so now you just repeat yourself and plug your ears.

OWNED

1) USA used chemical weapons at fallujah. no longer conventional war.

and

2) The insurgents in the battle of fallujah were practicing UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE

hahaahahhaha

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Bush was not wrong. He was referring to major combat operations vs Saddam hussein. Did Saddam's government come back from the dead and start another war with us? noHe said "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

That's the quote.

He was wrong.

You are wrong.

jman3000
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, technically ID was Jan. 20. It'll be 9 months in 9 days.

Shastafarian
Bush was not wrong. He was referring to major combat operations vs Saddam hussein.He said major combat operations in Iraq, not against a certain man.

Did Saddam's government come back from the dead and start another war with us? noThey didn't start this one.

What is happening now is REBELS, insurgents are hiding amongst civilians and attacking and then running away.Was the Revolutionary War a Guerrilla war? Also, that is not all that is happening and wasn't all that was happening during the battle of Fallujah.

that is guerilla warfare.
Not really.

good night newbies.
Night.

MiamiHeat
Trenches and spider holes are examples of guerrilla warfare? Trenches. Are you trolling or are you just really stupid?

Ok, let's just skip the guerilla warfare of the insurgents

let me nail the coffin on you

USA used chemical weapons at fallujah. Conventional warfare does not use chemical weapons.

The end. Ding dong the witch is dead.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:22 PM
you're a troll. you just got owned so now you just repeat yourself and plug your ears.

OWNED

1) USA used chemical weapons at fallujah. no longer conventional war.

and

2) The insurgents in the battle of fallujah were practicing UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE

hahaahahhahaThe US assault on Fallujah was conventional, as the counterinsurgency tactics the Marines wanted to use were rejected.

It bears repeating because you don't get it.

That and Bush said nothing about conventional or unconventional.

He said "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

That's it.

Fallujah was a major combat operation.

A conventional one.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Ok, let's just skip the guerilla warfare of the insurgents

let me nail the coffin on you

USA used chemical weapons at fallujah. Conventional warfare does not use chemical weapons.Based on what?

The end. Ding dong the witch is dead.
I thought you were leaving.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Conventional warfare does not use chemical weapons.World War I was a conventional war.

DING DONG

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Based on what?

Conventional warfare does not use chemical weapons.

USA used chemical weapons at fallujah

Fallujah is therefore an unconventional war

how much clearer do you need it spelled out to you?

you lose, admit it, go to sleep.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:28 PM
World War I was a conventional war.

DING DONG

George Gervin's Afro
Conventional warfare does not use chemical weapons.

USA used chemical weapons at fallujah

Fallujah is therefore an unconventional war

how much clearer do you need it spelled out to you?

don't you mean battle? Fallujah wasn't a war moron...:rolleyes

MiamiHeat
World War I was a conventional war.

DING DONG

HAHHAAHHAAHAHAA

make up your mind, flip flopper.

I nail you on you on both sides, so you flip flop around trying to avoid shame

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Conventional warfare does not use chemical weapons.Says who?

USA used chemical weapons at fallujahOk.

Fallujah is therefore an unconventional warNope.

how much clearer do you need it spelled out to you?Apparently I need proof using chemical weapons = unconventional warfare

Nope I'm pretty sure CD just proved you lose.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:29 PM
don't you mean battle? Fallujah wasn't a war moron...:rolleyes

WARFARE

go play semantics with your mommy, boy.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Says who?

Ok.

Nope.

Apparently I need proof using chemical weapons = unconventional warfare

Nope I'm pretty sure CD just proved you lose.

you questioned wikipedia so I get the US military definition

and now you question that too?

boy you must be smarter than all of us wimpy humans. please tell us your accurate definition of conventional warfare that none of us know about

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
HAHHAAHHAAHAHAA

make up your mind, flip flopper.

I nail you on you on both sides, so you flip flop around trying to avoid shame

.I'm pretty consistent.

The US assault on Fallujah was conventional because they rejected the marines' counterinsurgency plan.

WWI was a conventional war, even though chemical weapons were used.

Now if you are saying WWI was not a conventional war, that will be news to military historians everywhere.. Are you saying that?

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Did you know the American military deployed mustard gas to Italy during World War 2?

George Gervin's Afro
10-11-2009, 08:33 PM
WARFARE

go play semantics with your mommy, boy.

we used white phospherous on insurgents during the battle of fallujah. it's not a war and this just proves what an idiot you are.

MiamiHeat
I'm pretty consistent.

The US assault on Fallujah was conventional because they rejected the marines' counterinsurgency plan.

WWI was a conventional war, even though chemical weapons were used.

where is your definition of conventional warfare coming from? lol please share.

Shastafarian
you questioned wikipedia so I get the US military definition

and now you question that too?

boy you must be smarter than all of us wimpy humans. please tell us your accurate definition of conventional warfare that none of us know about
I must have missed the military definition of chemical weapons = unconventional warfare.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
we used white phospherous on insurgents during the battle of fallujah. it's not a war and this just proves what an idiot you are.

if you don't shape up and provide something worth substance, i won't respond to your dumb ass

war·fare (wôrfâr)
n.
1.a. The waging of war against an enemy; armed conflict.
b. Military operations marked by a specific characteristic: guerrilla warfare; chemical warfare.

unconventional WARFARE. dumb shit

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I must have missed the military definition of chemical weapons = unconventional warfare.

still waiting

where is your definition then? please share since you are smarter than everyone else, including the US military

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Look, the real question in the Afghanistan/Pakistan theater is whether to attempt to eradicate Al Qaeda or Al Qaeda AND the Taliban. Unless you are calling for genocide and a permanent full scale US occupation of the region, the second option may prove impossible to pull off. That is what is being debated right now.
I thought Gibbs said that wasn't being discussed. That they(AQI+Taliban) were the same, in Obama's eyes?

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
still waitingWhat are you waiting for? I'm waiting for this definition as established by the US military.

where is your definition then?I don't have one. Why would I?

please share since you are smarter than everyone else,I know that the use of chemical weapons doesn't = unconventional warfare.

including the US military
Where is their definition?

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
where is your definition of conventional warfare coming from? lol please share.Are you saying WWI was an unconventional war or not?

Answer the question.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:38 PM
What are you waiting for? I'm waiting for this definition as established by the US military.

I don't have one. Why would I?
I know that the use of chemical weapons doesn't = unconventional warfare.

Where is their definition?

so you have nothing to say then?

you don't know what conventional warfare means? if you do, then show me your source.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Are you saying WWI was an unconventional war or not?

Answer the question.

Nice try dodging me. YOU SAID WWI was 'conventional warfare' as proof for your argument.

Share your definiton of conventional warfare and stop wasting time

you got smacked in the face in this thread and anyone reading it will notice.

show your definiton of conventional warfare before you post again or you need to shut up and leave the thread because you can't argue a point when you provide 0 proof

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:40 PM
so you have nothing to say then?Huh? I'm saying chemical weapons don't = unconventional warfare. You have yet to provide something that refutes that.

you don't know what conventional warfare means?In a general sense I do. You don't seem to.

if you do, then show me your source.
My source for knowing the difference between conventional and unconventional warfare? Are you joking?

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Huh? I'm saying chemical weapons don't = unconventional warfare.

Ok. Where is your proof? Show me.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:42 PM

World War 1 is pretty good proof. Unless you wanna claim World War 1 was an unconventional war.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice try dodging me. YOU SAID WWI was 'conventional warfare' as proof for your argument.

Share your definiton of conventional warfare and stop wasting time

you got smacked in the face in this thread and anyone reading it will notice.

show your definiton of conventional warfare before you post again or you need to shut up and leave the thread because you can't argue a point when you provide 0 proofAre you saying WWI was not a conventional war?

Just say it.

We're waiting.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:43 PM
World War 1 is pretty good proof. Unless you wanna claim World War 1 was an unconventional war.

Your definition of conventional warfare

You cannot argue shit unless you provide it.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Your definition of conventional warfare

You cannot argue shit unless you provide it.

Sorry I owned you like that.

MiamiHeat
Are you saying WWI was not a conventional war?

Just say it.

We're waiting.

You said it was a conventional war.

Show me your definition so I may judge.

MiamiHeat

Sorry I owned you like that.

nah you're just trolling, i can tell a long time ago. you did a terrible job

Shastafarian
Are you saying WWI was not a conventional war?

Just say it.

We're waiting.

It's ok. His reply with such a swift moving of goal posts shows everyone he's wrong.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
nah you're just trolling, i can tell

So are you saying World War 1 was an unconventional war? Answer the question and I'll give you my definition of conventional warfare.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM

don't you have any pride hahahahah

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Damn, you are getting spanked.

That WWI thing really threw you for a loop. You can't even argue against it's being a conventional war.

That's because you know you can't.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Is this guy high or something?

George Gervin's Afro
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Huh? I'm saying chemical weapons don't = unconventional warfare. You have yet to provide something that refutes that.

In a general sense I do. You don't seem to.

My source for knowing the difference between conventional and unconventional warfare? Are you joking?

he's not joking. he's an idiot.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
So

Fallujah = unconventional warfare. Nobody has shown any proof to dispute it.

Thread over.

George Gervin's Afro
10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
So

Thread over... in my head.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Damn, you are getting spanked.

That WWI thing really threw you for a loop. You can't even argue against it's being a conventional war.

That's because you know you can't.

and 10 posts later, you STILL have ran away from posting your definiton of conventional warfare

because once you do, you know you lost.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
and 10 posts later, you STILL have ran away from posting your definiton of conventional warfare

because once you do, you know you lost.

Not really. I'm pretty sure you lost when you dodged the question about World War 1 being conventional or unconventional.

George Gervin's Afro
10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
So

Thread over.

so i guess using your logic WWII wasn't a conventional war. good luck selling that one..

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
He said "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

That's the quote.

He was wrong.

You are wrong. Less than a Battalion of Marines fighting a militia is not a "major" combat op.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Not really. I'm pretty sure you lost when you dodged the question about World War 1 being conventional or unconventional.

1) Show me your definiton of conventional warfare so I can judge if it's conventional or not.

and secondly, only AFTER you complete #1,

2) tell me why it is relevant to the discussion.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
so i guess using your logic WWII wasn't a conventional war. good luck selling that one..

Do you have a problem with the US military and the world's definition of conventional warfare?

take it up with them.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
1) Show me your definiton of conventional warfare so I can judge if it's conventional or not.Are you saying you're waiting on my definition to determine whether World War 1 was conventional or not?

You're the one asking for it. It's not relevant if you ask me. Why can't you answer a simple question about World War 1?

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:55 PM

because once you do, you know you lost.I'm just showing how much your definition sucks.

Mission accomplished.

George Gervin's Afro
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
1) Show me your definiton of conventional warfare so I can judge if it's conventional or not.

it's relevant because logically that's what you are claiming now. you do have an understanding of the term logic ..don't you? logic is a bitch if you aren't on the right side of it...

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
You're the one asking for it. It's not relevant if you ask me. Why can't you answer a simple question about World War 1?

YOUR SIDE brought it up.

YOUR SIDE made a claim "World War I was conventional war"

ok, show me your proof of this.

Dumper made the claim. Show me the proof.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm just showing how much your definition sucks.

Mission accomplished.

Ok. Where is your definiton then?

Show it.

If you can't show a definiton for it, then mine is still valid and I still remain unchallenged.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Less than a Battalion of Marines fighting a militia is not a "major" combat op.Tell that to the marines. To their faces. Let me know how that goes for you.

And 2000 is more than a battalion. Tell them you think it isn't true as well.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Ok. Where is your definiton then?

Show it.

If you can't show a definiton for it, then mine is still valid and I still remain unchallenged.Are you saying WWI was an unconventional war?

Yes or no.

If yes, I challenge that.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
He thinks World War 1 was unconventional.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
How did we use them? Was it to illuminate, and flush out the enemy? Did we tell the civilians to watch out and clean their house afterwards?
"It is well within the law of war to use those weapons as they're being used, for marking and for screening... A bullet goes through skin even faster than white phosphorus does".[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus#cite_note-news.bbc.co.uk.nov30-6) Gen Pace
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Are you saying WWI was an unconventional war?

Yes or no.

If yes, I challenge that.

You brought it up.

Show your proof.

Then I will decide if I challenge your statement or not.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:03 PM
He thinks World War 1 was unconventional.

You are flip flopping.

You challenged my initial definition, so I get the US military and you challenge that one too.

So show me your definition of conventional warfare or shut the fuck up.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:05 PM
You are flip flopping.No I'm not.

You challenged my initial definitionNo I didn't. Though the use of "conventional weapons" is vague

, so I get the US military and you challenge that one too.No I didn't. Unless I missed the part about chemical weapons.

So show me your definition of conventional warfare or shut the fuck up.
I don't see how that's relevant given the circumstances. You think World War 1 was an unconventional war.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Not really. I'm pretty sure you lost when you dodged the question about World War 1 being conventional or unconventional. You never answer questions. ANd you always get your cronies Chump and GGAfro. All yall do is gang up, load the topic with nonsense and quips. Why can you not answer his question?

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
You brought it up.

Show your proof.

Then I will decide if I challenge your statement or not.Here is my proof from your definition:

Conventional warfare is a form of warfare conducted by using conventional military weapons and battlefield tactics between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opposing army. It is normally fought using conventional weapons, not chemical, biological, nor nuclear weapons.So in some cases, conventional warfare can indeed involve chemical weapons.

WWI was such a case.

DING

ChumpDumper
and DONG

MiamiHeat
I don't see how that's relevant given the circumstances.

So you don't know what conventional warfare means.

So please exit the thread and stop wasting people's time. :)

Fallujah = unconventional warfare.

Show me why I am wrong.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
So you don't know what conventional warfare means.

So please exit the thread and stop wasting people's time. :)

Show me why I am wrong.Just did.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Here is my proof from your definition:

So in some cases, conventional warfare can indeed involve chemical weapons.

WWI was such a case.

DING

So now you are using the wikipedia definiton which you laughed at before?

That's your source? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

sad little man

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
It also says

between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opposing army

The iraqi insurgency is NOT well defined and I don't think anyone recognizes them as a legitimate 'state'

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:12 PM
So you don't know what conventional warfare means.Didn't say that. It's just not relevant.

So please exit the thread and stop wasting people's time. :)I'm only wasting my time really.

Show me why I am wrong.
already did

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:12 PM
It also says

between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opposing army

The iraqi insurgency is NOT well defined and I don't think anyone recognizes them as a legitimate 'state'

And here's where you show your ignorance on the battle of Fallujah and Fallujah in general.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 09:13 PM
So now you are using the wikipedia definiton which you laughed at before?

That's your source? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

sad little manThat's YOUR source.

Is it not good enough for you now?

Sad little girl.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
You used the source you ridiculed earlier.

So now we are back to square one, since you apparently feel adequate in using it as proof for yourself.

The iraqi insurgency hides among the populace and is not well defined. they are also not recognized as a legitimate state.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
And here's where you show your ignorance on the battle of Fallujah and Fallujah in general.

enlighten me o wise one

show me why the forces are well defined and that they are a legitimate acknowledge state entity?

i will await your response.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Tell that to the marines. To their faces. Let me know how that goes for you.

And 2000 is more than a battalion. Tell them you think it isn't true as well.
I was in combat asshole. Stationed in the Traingle of Death in Mahmudiyah. We (the Army with its greatest fighters-Cavalry Scout) went in Fallujah for the Surge to help the Marines and wooped their(terrorists but you refer to them as freedom fighters) ass. You probably have no idea what a Battalion is? You are right though, The whole operation was larger than a BN. It was a BN size of ground troops though and that is what I meant.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
You used the source you ridiculed earlier.

So now we are back to square one, since you apparently feel adequate in using it as proof for yourself.

The iraqi insurgency hides among the populace and is not well defined. they are also not recognized as a legitimate state.We're talking about WWI now.

Why are you flip-flopping?

Yes or no.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I was in combat asshole. Stationed in the Traingle of Death in Mahmudiyah. We (the Army with its greatest fighters-Cavalry Scout) went in Fallujah for the Surge to help the Marines and wooped their(terrorists but you refer to them as freedom fighters) ass. You probably have no idea what a Battalion is? You are right though, The whole operation was larger than a BN. It was a BN size of ground troops though and that is what I meant.:lmao

Thank you for your service.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
ha ha ha

chumpdumper is just a troll. he is lucky he is on the internet like this

if this was real life in front of people, he would be ridiculed and he probably would not even have behaved like that in the first place.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM
ha ha ha

chumpdumper is just a troll. he is lucky he is on the internet like this

if this was real life in front of people, he would be ridiculed and he probably would not even have behaved like that in the first place.The people around me in real life aren't as stupid or cowardly as you.

They are brave enough to answer questions like "Do you think WWI was an unconventional war?"

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM

The iraqi insurgency hides among the populace, does not fight in open confrontation, and is not well defined. they are also not recognized as a legitimate state.

We are not past that one, chumpy.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 09:22 PM
We're talking about WWI now.

Why are you flip-flopping?

Yes or no. You are talking about WW1. No one else. Why? Why would you leave out information from a quote? You have less credibility than Bill Clinton.:rollin

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 09:23 PM

The iraqi insurgency hides among the populace and is not well defined. they are also not recognized as a legitimate state.

We are not past that one, chumpy.We're not past WWI.

Do you think it was an unconventional war?

Yes or no.

I think a conventional strategy were used by the US in Fallujah because they didn't use the unconventional one the Marines proposed.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2009, 09:23 PM
You are talking about WW1. No one else. Why? Why would you leave out information from a quote? You have less credibility than Bill Clinton.:rollinYou can't count. :rollin

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:24 PM
enlighten me o wise one

show me why the forces are well defined and that they are a legitimate acknowledge state entity?

i will await your response.

The first U.S. siege of Fallujah began on April 4, 2004, the day of the Blackwater firefight at Najaf....That night more than a thousand Marines and two Iraqi battalions surrounded Fallujah, a city of about 350,000 people. U.S. forces positioned tanks, heavy machine guns, and armored Humvees at the major routes running in and out of the city....
The next morning, the U.S. forces made their first incursions into Fallujah - first sending in special operations to hunt "high value targets". Then came the full-on assault carried out by twenty-five hundred Marines and three battalions, backed up by tanks. U.S. forces soon found themselves in fierce gun battles with resistance fighters. As the fighting raged on, the Marines called in for air support.

Sounds pretty conventional to me.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
:lmao

Thank you for your service.:rolleyes You have a record of picking words from a sentence and leaving the rest out. Credibility.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 09:27 PM
The people around me in real life aren't as stupid or cowardly as you.

They are brave enough to answer questions like "Do you think WWI was an unconventional war?" What people? YOu spend every minute of your day on this website alone.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Sounds pretty conventional to me. Then the ATF doing raid on building ran by a druglord to fight the war on drugs is conventional warfare

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Sounds pretty conventional to me.

the enemy they fought were insurgents. the insurgents practiced guerilla warfare. they are also not a recognized legitimate entity.

Just because one side is a conventional military does not mean it is a conventional war.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Then the ATF doing raid on building ran by a druglord to fight the war on drugs is conventional warfare

Did you read the entire excerpt?

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:41 PM
the enemy they fought were insurgents. the insurgents practiced guerilla warfare.

When enraged Iraqis rushed from the mosque blindly firing AKs, the Marines shot them down.Stupid but not really Guerrilla.

they are also not a recognized legitimate entity.
Insurgents surprise U.S. with coordination of their attacks: coordinated, combined, volley-fire RPGs, effective use of indirect fire...Enemy maneuvered effectively and stood and foughtOuch. Another hit for ya.

Just because one side is a conventional military does not mean it is a conventional war.
Sure why not. But this seemed at least somewhat conventional.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Stupid but not really Guerrilla.

Ouch. Another hit for ya.

Sure why not. But this seemed at least somewhat conventional.

you realize you SUPPORTED my arguments?

http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/doddict/data/u/7795.html

Definitions:
(DOD) A broad spectrum of military and paramilitary operations, normally of long duration, predominantly conducted through, with, or by indigenous or surrogate forces who are organized, trained, equipped, supported, and directed in varying degrees by an external source. It includes, but is not limited to, guerrilla warfare, subversion, sabotage, intelligence activities, and unconventional assisted recovery. Also called UW.

They were organized? Good. How is that a ouch hit for me? Read the definition.

predominantly conducted through, with, or by indigenous or surrogate forces who are organized, trained, equipped, supported, and directed in varying degrees

I don't see how some people who ran out of a building means they aren't practicing guerilla warfare.

Are you trolling again? I thought you said you knew about fallujah.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/29/eveningnews/main556154.shtml

General: Guerrilla Warfare In Iraq

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:48 PM
What is happening now is REBELS, insurgents are hiding amongst civilians and attacking and then running away. that is guerilla warfare.

Insurgents surprise U.S. with coordination of their attacks: coordinated, combined, volley-fire RPGs, effective use of indirect fire...Enemy maneuvered effectively and stood and fought Based on your definition this wasn't Guerrilla warfare. Ouch.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't see how some people who ran out of a building means they aren't practicing guerilla warfare. Do you know what Guerrilla warfare is?

Are you trolling again? I thought you said you knew about fallujah.
I clearly know more than you do.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Based on your definition this wasn't Guerrilla warfare. Ouch.

Definitions:
(DOD) A broad spectrum of military and paramilitary operations, normally of long duration, predominantly conducted through, with, or by indigenous or surrogate forces who are organized, trained, equipped, supported, and directed in varying degrees by an external source. It includes, but is not limited to, guerrilla warfare, subversion, sabotage, intelligence activities, and unconventional assisted recovery. Also called UW.

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Definitions:

That bolded part could also describe forces in a conventional war. These guys stood and fought. That's in contradiction to your definition. Ouch.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 10:02 PM
That bolded part could also describe forces in a conventional war. These guys stood and fought. That's in contradiction to your definition. Ouch.

They didn't all stand and fight, and the ones that did still qualify as guerrilla tactics because they are GUERRILLA FIGHTERS using Fallujah as a base of operations to conduct hit and run attacks against US forces. Marines had to go from building to building to clear every one because they had no idea where the bad guys were.

so Fallujah was an attack against one of the guerilla forces hideout.

Of course some stand and fight. That doesn't mean they weren't guerrilla fighters in the first place.

wham bam thank you mam

Shastafarian
10-11-2009, 10:09 PM
They didn't all stand and fight,:lol

and the ones that did still qualify as guerrilla tactics because they are GUERRILLA FIGHTERSBased on what?

using Fallujah as a base of operations to conduct hit and run attacks against US forces.Using it because they were citizens of Fallujah.

Marines had to go from building to building to clear every one because they had no idea where the bad guys were.At one point maybe. But there was also a conventional battle.

so Fallujah was an attack against one of the guerilla forces hideout.no

Of course some stand and fight. so they're not guerrillas

That doesn't mean they weren't guerrilla fighters in the first place. based on your definition is does.

wham bam thank you mam
It was fun making you look like such a huge idiot. Night.

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Using it because they were citizens of Fallujah.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A59519-2004Nov18?language=printer

"Controlled by insurgents from late April until this month, when American and Iraqi forces mounted a massive offensive aimed at restoring government authority, Fallujah had become a hub for foreign guerrillas who joined Zarqawi's network, U.S. military officials have said."

Miami Heat - 1, You - 0

At one point maybe. But there was also a conventional battle.
http://www.talkingproud.us/Military042805B.html

US forces fought in very close quarters and along very narrow streets.

http://www.talkingproud.us/ImagesMilitary/Fallujah/ClimbThruHole.jpg
http://www.talkingproud.us/ImagesMilitary/Fallujah/CloseQuarters.jpg
http://www.talkingproud.us/ImagesMilitary/Fallujah/SoldierThruHole.jpg

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=11833

House-to-house warfare in Fallujah

Insurgents have chosen mobility to counter far superior US artillery and missiles in battle of Fallujah.

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

game over.

stop posting, you only waste your own time.

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
In the book Urban Guerrilla Warefare by Anthony James Jones
Urban guerrilla warfare - Google Books (http://books.google.com/books?id=LPDb89mJXUYC&pg=PA158&lpg=PA158&dq=guerrilla+warfare+fallujah&source=bl&ots=GSwdEd43Np&sig=eQTHrj_T7lqtLPVMCjJml-x7umg&hl=en&ei=QJ_SSszBJ6STtgfn0KH1Aw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CBgQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=guerrilla%20warfare%20fallujah&f=false)
On top of p. 158

spursncowboys
10-11-2009, 10:27 PM
If you google
unconventional warfare fallujah ST is #4

MiamiHeat
10-11-2009, 10:32 PM
If you google ST is #4

lol thats funny. I noticed the search result under that one is :

"As evident by the recent and widespread retaliation following the defeat of guerrilla forces in Fallujah, as so long as the insurgents can maintain access to the population they can meter their casualties to keep at tolerable levels"

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA432859&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

cherylsteele
10-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Is using an A-Bomb conventional warfare? WW2 was ended this way.
What about the kamakazes?

Nearly every conflict uses both "conventional" and "unconventional" warfare.
Even the good 'ol Continental Army used guerilla warfare in the American Revolution.

When you are at war, you do what you can to win.

Wild Cobra
10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
You know, the more he does outside his office, the better we are. Let him play music by Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr. for all I care, as long as he's not fucking the USA.

PixelPusher
10-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Jeezus...7 pages?

ChumpDumper
10-12-2009, 02:56 AM

The US forces in Fallujah assaulted the city in a conventional manner.

The Marines initially had an unconventional plan to root out the insurgents but the command chose to assaut the city conventionally.

WWI was a conventional war that included the use of chemical weapons.

WWII was a conventional war that included the use of nuclear weapons.

spursncowboys
10-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Is using an A-Bomb conventional warfare? WW2 was ended this way.
What about the kamakazes?

Nearly every conflict uses both "conventional" and "unconventional" warfare.
Even the good 'ol Continental Army used guerilla warfare in the American Revolution.

When you are at war, you do what you can to win. A conventional war can include unconventional tactics. However the Abomb was dropped onto a military target.

spursncowboys
10-12-2009, 08:22 AM

The US forces in Fallujah assaulted the city in a conventional manner.so a conventional manner in an unconventional war. Got it.

WWI was a conventional war that included the use of chemical weapons.

WWII was a conventional war that included the use of nuclear weapons. In WW1 and 2, there were Rules Of Engagement that both sides agreed upon, the terrorists and militia have not. The terrorists and militia in Fallujah are not a country. It is resistance fighters.

spursncowboys
10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Jeezus...7 pages? Barely a page talking about the actual topic.

MannyIsGod
10-12-2009, 08:44 AM
A conventional war can include unconventional tactics. However the Abomb was dropped onto a military target.

The use of the atomic bomb was a terrorist act if there ever was one. The main goal with its use was of a political and not military nature.

Before you say it - yes here were military targets within the city of Hiroshima. The main goal of that weapon was not to destroy those targets.

MiamiHeat
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Fallujah insurgents were GUERRILLA fighters, fighting an unconventional war.

Period. No getting around it.

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA432859&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

""As evident by the recent and widespread retaliation following the defeat of guerrilla forces in Fallujah, as so long as the insurgents can maintain access to the population they can meter their casualties to keep at tolerable levels""

----------

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/29/eveningnews/main556154.shtml

General Wallace : Guerrilla Warfare in Iraq

-----------------

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A59519-2004Nov18?language=printer

"Controlled by insurgents from late April until this month, when American and Iraqi forces mounted a massive offensive aimed at restoring government authority, Fallujah had become a hub for foreign guerrillas who joined Zarqawi's network, U.S. military officials have said."

UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE.

ChumpDumper
10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
they had a choice whether to deal with Fallujah using conventional or unconventional methods.

They chose conventional methods.

No getting around it.

CONVENTIONAL WARFARE.

MiamiHeat
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
If one side is fighting using unconventional warfare, then now it is an unconventional war

Takes two to make it conventional. definition clearly shows it.

stop trolling

ChumpDumper
10-12-2009, 01:13 PM
If one side is fighting using unconventional warfare, then now it is an unconventional war

stop trollingDid you ever come around to saying if you thought WWI was an unconventional war?

How about WWII?

You didn't and I bet you still won't.

You're afraid to answer.

It's fun watching you so everything you can to not answer.

MiamiHeat
10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Only those who have a weak argument resort to using analogies to try and prove a point.

You have a weak argument.

George Gervin's Afro
10-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Only those who have a weak argument resort to using analogies to try and prove a point.

You have a weak argument.

An anology proves the strength of an argument dummy... not weaken it..

MiamiHeat
10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
An anology proves the strength of an argument dummy... not weaken it..

An argument can be explained and proven without the use of analogy. It should be able to stand on it's own feet.

To use an analogy is to dumb down the argument and accept that you cannot explain and prove your own argument by itself.

1) This tastes sweet, with a hint of sour after a few seconds. It has a solid consistency and is cold to the touch.

or

2) This tastes...um...like ice cream!

They are not the same food. Using an analogy is to dumb down the argument so you shy away from actually explaining anything. Ice cream may taste like it, but it's not the same now is it?

PixelPusher
10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Obama bored with economy, plays basketball with his cabinet

G.W. Bush bored with economy, goes for a bike ride.

Clinton bored with economy, jogs to McDonald's for a Big Mac

Reagan bored with economy, goes horseback riding...then goes again after forgetting about it

JFK bored with economy, rides a convertible through Dallas

Lincoln bored with economy, takes the wife out to see a play

spursncowboys
10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Did you ever come around to saying if you thought WWI was an unconventional war?

How about WWII?

You didn't and I bet you still won't.

You're afraid to answer.

It's fun watching you so everything you can to not answer.You're watching him? :nope

cherylsteele
10-13-2009, 12:57 AM

stop trolling
Kinda like the colonists during the American Revolution.

The British used conventional tactics, while the colonists used many guerilla type tatics.

You are referring to Asymmetrical Warfare, where one one side of usually lesser strength uses unconventional tatics to win a conflict, this has happened constantly throughout world history.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Kinda like the colonists during the American Revolution.

The British used conventional tactics, while the colonists used many guerilla type tatics.

You are referring to Asymmetrical Warfare, where one one side of usually lesser strength uses unconventional tatics to win a conflict, this has happened constantly throughout world history.That one had to hurt.

elbamba
10-13-2009, 11:18 AM

Yeah he did, Bush was a runner and a really good one. Jogger might be the better term.

I do not know why we care that the president takes time to play sports and stay in shape. Everyone who has ever worked a day in their life knows that closing a day with exercise is a great way to get rid of some of the stress. I would much rather he plays sports then turn to drugs or alcohol like most people in my profession.