PDA

View Full Version : Garnett's intensity and legs are back

duncan228
10-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Garnett's intensity and legs are back (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=kevingarnett-091011)
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

BOSTON -- By his own admission, Kevin Garnett's intensity returned Sunday.

And as one first-quarter sequence between Garnett and Yi Jianlian illustrated, that intensity was in high gear.

After toying with the Chinese 7-footer in the first quarter both inside and outside, Garnett demonstrably shoved Yi's arms aside and began bodying him up during a dead ball. The replacement refs quickly separated them, but as soon as they cleared away, Garnett immediately went back at Yi and bodied him up some more, raising his hands high in the air while pushing him from behind with his body -- the sort of flashpoint moment that would have earned Garnett a technical foul from a more seasoned official.

"I don't know him, he don't know me. It wasn't nothing personal," Garnett explained, comparing the incident to an episode he had with Luis Scola of Houston in Boston's first preseason game Wednesday.

After answering, Garnett proceeded to ask aloud whether his response was satisfactory (which it was, and wasn't). But an earlier answer from Garnett provided better insight into what he felt he did better Sunday in his third exhibition game of the preseason, a 100-93 victory over the New Jersey Nets.

"Sprint," Garnett said. "I thought today I got up and down, I tried to put the pressure on their defense. Aggressive, as far as being aggressive, this is probably the most aggressive I've been since I've come back and played. My reaction time was a lot better, a lot faster."

His jumper was smoother, too.

Garnett shot 6-for-8, with all but one of his attempts coming from at least 19 feet away (he even attempted a 3-pointer). Playing just over 21 minutes, Garnett finished with 12 points, six rebounds and two steals, knocking down his first five shots while Yi attempted to defend him.

Garnett's first bucket came courtesy of a lucky high bounce off the back rim on a 21-footer, but his second was a vintage low-post head-fake move that got Yi off his feet and allowed Garnett to duck under for a layup. His third shot was a 22-footer, and the mini-altercation with Yi was followed at the other end by an isolation play with Yi defending Garnett, with Garnett burying a long turnaround jumper over the 7-footer's outstretched arm.

He moved to 5-for-5 when he sank another jumper over Yi midway through the second quarter, his streak of perfection ending soon after when a corner jumper hit the side of the backboard.

"Afternoon games are not my forte, but for the most part, yeah, sprinting, my gait is getting better and better, I'm getting stronger, I can see it, feel it," Garnett said. "My confidence is growing every time I step on the floor, and that includes practice."

With two weeks now elapsed since organized practices began, Garnett has persevered through shin splints and played through a kick in the calf from New York's Jared Jeffries that left him shaking his right leg -- the same one that was operated on over the summer to remove bone spurs from his knee.

In Garnett's three-game body of work, he's shot 55 percent (12-for-22) with 19 rebounds, five steals, two turnovers and zero blocks in a total of 56 minutes.

"I think each game he's gotten more and more comfortable," coach Doc Rivers said. "I don't think he's explosive yet at times, there's a couple plays where lobs would be dunked, instead he's catching it and bringing it down, but that'll come next.

"One game in the next couple I'm going to extend his minutes, then after that we're pretty good with him," Rivers said, adding that Garnett (along with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rasheed Wallace will be held out of one of the Celtics' upcoming back-to-back games, either Tuesday night at New Jersey or Wednesday night in Hartford, Conn., against Toronto.

Just a hunch, but there's probably a 7-footer from China -- the same guy who got a taste of Garnett's increased intensity Sunday -- who probably wouldn't mind at all if that sit-out game comes Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:31 AM
I hope someone absolutely destroys KG.

DJB
10-12-2009, 12:33 AM

Evidently Artest is a boxer now, so...

HarlemHeat37
10-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Artest only destroys women and little dogs..

KidCongo
10-12-2009, 12:54 AM

Shaq and Bron game 1 of the season I'm hoping.

KidCongo
10-12-2009, 12:57 AM
That's going to be an easy win.

Unlikely.

Trainwreck2100
10-12-2009, 01:02 AM
you think pulling that shit last year would have educated him on karma

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Let's get one of Detroit's rookies to do it. They seem to think they are MMA fighters.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Hater forum. DPG21920's maturity continues to shine. :lol

Spurs fans hate KG cuz he's always compared to Duncan and no one ever says "boring" when talking about KG.

Laker fans hate him because of the 2008 finals.

KG is an intense competitor and fun as hell to watch. Dont hate.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Unless you a member of the Spurs fan base or the Laker fan base, don't talk about things you do not know. It makes you look dumb.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Unless you a member of the Spurs fan base or the Laker fan base, don't talk about things you do not know. It makes you look dumb.

Says the guy who wants someone to "destroy" KG.

In what context? On the court or do you literally want someone to end KG's existence?

Please elighten me as to why you have such hatred for one Kevin Garnett.

btw - Laker fans devoted an entire website "GetGarnett.com" to acquiring KG before he landed on the Celtics. They were KG's number on fan until he put on the Green and I say I could understand that.

exstatic
10-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Hater forum. DPG21920's maturity continues to shine. :lol

Spurs fans hate KG cuz he's always compared to Duncan and no one ever says "boring" when talking about KG.

Average Spurs fan doesn't hate KG, they laugh at him. Acting all tough, and picking on smaller/foreign players isn't being intense, it's being a poser douche. Give me "boring" 365 days a year. Duncan completely owned Garnett in "franchise" to "franchise" competition. Garnett never won anything until he found a team with some other players to hide behind in the 4th Q.

Morg1411
10-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Not sure if I understand all of the KG hate, either.

He's a dick...so what? Half of the players in the NBA are self-centered cocks...KG is just better at it than some. Guy's got game, and he's fun to watch.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Says the guy who wants someone to "destroy" KG.

In what context? On the court or do you literally want someone to end KG's existence?

Please elighten me as to why you have such hatred for one Kevin Garnett.

btw - Laker fans devoted an entire website "GetGarnett.com" to acquiring KG before he landed on the Celtics. They were KG's number on fan until he put on the Green and I say I could understand that.

I dont have the slightest clue what I am talking about. Until I become a member of other teams fan bases', I wont tell anyone their reasons for hating KG either now or in the future and whether or not they will have anything to do with being compared to someone that is nothing like him.
I sound like a fucking idiot and I should take my own advice.

What does me saying I hope someone destroy's KG have to do with the stupid reasons you listed? Are you an expert on the Spurs and the Lakers?

That would be like me saying a Suns fan knows shit about basketball and post on a Spurs forum because the team they follow are full of bunch of damn losers and they will suck for the foreseeable future....oh wait...

I hate KG for the same reasons many do; he is an egotistical douche, that during the middle of a game gets on all fours and barks like a dog at rookies.

No one said KG is a sucky ball player. He is just a massive prick.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Average Spurs fan doesn't hate KG, they laugh at him. Acting all tough, and picking on smaller/foreign players isn't being intense, it's being a poser douche. Give me "boring" 365 days a year. Duncan completely owned Garnett in "franchise" to "franchise" competition. Garnett never won anything until he found a team with some other players to hide behind in the 4th Q.

KG is usually talking shit/hollering to the guy he's playing against. Ive seen him go hard at Amare too many times to ever accuse of him of being a "bully".

And I would say that KG never won anything until he had some decent teammates. Neither did Duncan.

btw - I think you further prove the hate of KG has more to do with the insecurities you have about your own player more than anything else.

td4mvp21
10-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Neither did Duncan.

:lmao

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
DSF, even your own fan base thinks you make no sense. They laugh at you all of the time. Worry about learning the in's and out's of your own team, then you can try and take on the big boys.

Baby Steps:

http://www.atvmagblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/what-about-bob.jpg

td4mvp21
10-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh, and let's see if the bitch brings it up against Shaq or Dwight Howard. My guess is he won't since they are bigger and stronger than him.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Richard Jefferson Hater Forum. DSF's maturity continues to shine. :lol

Suns fans hate RJ and the Spurs cuz they always bent over the Suns. Now everyone just talks about the Suns like they are ghosts.

RJ is an outstanding 4th option and fun as hell to watch. Dont hate.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
What does me saying I hope someone destroy's KG have to do with the stupid reasons you listed? Are you an expert on the Spurs and the Lakers?

Im pretty sure Ive got their most ardent fans down.

That would be like me saying a Suns fan knows shit about basketball and post on a Spurs forum because the team they follow are full of bunch of damn losers and they will suck for the foreseeable future....oh wait...

Does this even make sense to you? I see you are making an attempt at sarcasm but you fucked it up big time. Why dont you try to re-word and post again when it makes sense.

I hate KG for the same reasons many do; he is an egotistical douche, that during the middle of a game gets on all fours and barks like a dog at rookies.

No one said KG is a sucky ball player. He is just a massive prick.

KG does WAAAYYYY to much for charity and his community to ever make me believe he's prick. A prick wouldnt have shown the loyalty to Minnesota the way he did for all those years (even during their darkest times when they lost draft picks for shady deals etc.)

He's also a tremendous team player (gets in every teammates mug before the game and tries to fire them up etc). Im sure everyone would love to have KG as a teammate.

No...I think you hate him because you are jealous of the media love. He's called "The big ticket" while Duncan is called "Mr. Fundamental" and it pisses you off to no end.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Well if it makes you feel better, I think KG is less of a douche than you and you don't have a clever nickname.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Well if it makes you feel better, I think KG is less of a douche than you and you don't have a clever nickname.

You hate KG because of your insecurities about Duncan. You hate me because of your insecurities about yourself.

See a shrink. The Spurs could lose every game for the rest of all time and it doesnt change you as a person.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
lololololololol

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM
http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/_arquivo_hannibal_lecter-copy.jpg

Well, well, well....what do we have here? It is like looking in a mirror, only to see a reflection of a different man. Tell me DSF, do you ever ask yourself why you strive to emulate me? I can tell you why. The path to becoming one's own self can be a dangerous one. You never know what you might find when you look inside the places people told you never to go.

I see your pathetic cry for help and it makes me angry at your weakness. You can be so much more if you only try. However, I will come to your aid; under one condition. You must admit that the years of watching your team fail has shaped who you are; who you will become. Let your true self shine through, let the hate and fear mold you into the person you will inevitably morph into. Only then will you realize the simple truth: no matter how hard you try, you will never be me.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/_arquivo_hannibal_lecter-copy.jpg

Well, well, well....what do we have here? It is like looking in a mirror, only to see a reflection of a different man. Tell me DSF, do you ever ask yourself why you strive to emulate me? I can tell you why. The path to becoming one's own self can be a dangerous one. You never know what you might find when you look inside the places people told you never to go.

I see your pathetic cry for help and it makes me angry at your weakness. You can be so much more if you only try. However, I will come to your aid; under one condition. You must admit that the years of watching your team fail has shaped who you are; who you will become. Let your true self shine through, let the hate and fear mold you into the person you will inevitably morph into. Only then will you realize the simple truth: no matter how hard you try, you will never be me.

I certainly hope Ive never conveyed that I was trying to "emulate" YOU. God knows that last thing I want to do is act like a pre-pubescent kid.

You, on the other hand, have quoted me several times and changed around the words but kept the same pattern. Rather than just write your own stuff, you make a parody of mine. Thus, you are actually trying to emulate ME.

Do you understand how easy this is for me?

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
You are tying to emulate Hannibal by using reverse psychology, and you fail at it. I don't play games. I try and talk basketball and you resort to telling people that they "sound like fucking idiots". I only use your own quotes against you to show the sweet, sweet irony of your constant trolling.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:01 PM
You are tying to emulate Hannibal by using reverse psychology, and you fail at it. I don't play games. I try and talk basketball and you resort to telling people that they "sound like fucking idiots". I only use your own quotes against you to show the sweet, sweet irony of your constant trolling.

1) What?!! Hannibal? I thought I was trying to emulate you!!!

2) Please show me where I pulled out the "reverse psychology".

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:04 PM
1) What?!! Hannibal? I thought I was trying to emulate you!!!

2) Please show me where I pulled out the "reverse psychology".

And I would say that KG never won anything until he had some decent teammates. Neither did Duncan.

btw - I think you further prove the hate of KG has more to do with the insecurities you have about your own player more than anything else.

No...I think you hate him because you are jealous of the media love. He's called "The big ticket" while Duncan is called "Mr. Fundamental" and it pisses you off to no end.

You hate KG because of your insecurities about Duncan. You hate me because of your insecurities about yourself.

See a shrink. The Spurs could lose every game for the rest of all time and it doesnt change you as a person.

1) Notice the big picture of Hannibal I posted with the words beneath it?

2) Trying to pull that bull shit card and repeating it is trying to use your Hannibal like mind game tricks. Doesn't work.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 01:13 PM
1) Notice the big picture of Hannibal I posted with the words beneath it?

2) Trying to pull that bull shit card and repeating it is trying to use your Hannibal like mind game tricks. Doesn't work.

Im not pulling mind game "tricks". Im doing my own analysis as to where the KG hate comes from. And it certainly wasnt "reverse psychology" as you initially stated.

Also, you need to stop posting. When you say thing like "trying to pull that bull shit card", you sound like a fucking idiot!!! "Bullshit" is analogous for false statements or lies.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Im not pulling mind game "tricks". Im doing my own analysis as to where the KG hate comes from. And it certainly wasnt "reverse psychology" as you initially stated.

Also, you need to stop posting. When you say thing like "trying to pull that bull shit card", you sound like a fucking idiot!!! "Bullshit" is analogous for false statements or lies.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

They are false statments and lies.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
But I am done with you for now. But don't let me catch you trolling the good posters around here anymore. If I do, I will be there to expose you and hell is coming with me.

P.S.: We need to get you a nickname, so that when I call you a trolling douche, you can say I am insecure because of your nickname and the spotlight that it creates for you.

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
i hate Garnett cuz he is a prick. I got no insecurities baout my Lakers here.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
i hate Garnett cuz he is a prick. I got no insecurities baout my Lakers here.

Wait...you are a Laker fan? You only hate KG because of the 2008 playoffs. FACT.

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Wait...you are a Laker fan? You only hate KG because of the 2008 playoffs. FACT.

I also hate KG cuz he picks on smaller guys. FACT

You hate on KOBE cuz he owns the SPURS. FACT.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I also hate KG cuz he picks on smaller guys. FACT

You hate on KOBE cuz he owns the SPURS. FACT.

I can't tell if you picked up on the joke or not. FACT.

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I can't tell if you picked up on the joke or not. FACT.

u need to add a ";)" ...errr

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Lol

exstatic
10-12-2009, 01:59 PM

That's an old argument, and has been proven wrong.

Players who were All Stars when they played with KG:
Starbury
Gugliotta
Brandon
Sczerbiak

Players who were All Stars when they played with Duncan
Robinson(1997-2001)
Ginobili (2005)
Parker (2006,2007,2009)

If you look at the Spurs All Stars during the Duncan era, one thing pops: Tim won every championship, except 2007, with only one player who had been named an AS at that point in their career while playing with Tim.

1999 DRob
2003 DRob
2005 Manu
2007 Manu, Parker

If you break it down by who was an AS in a championship year with Duncan, his dominance becomes even more apparent

1999 No All Star game
2003 No other AS selections
2005 Manu
2007 Parker

KG had that amount of support and constantly went out in the first.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
That's an old argument, and has been proven wrong.

Players who were All Stars when they played with KG:
Starbury
Gugliotta
Brandon
Sczerbiak

Players who were All Stars when they played with Duncan
Robinson(1997-2001)
Ginobili (2005)
Parker (2006,2007,2009)

If you look at the Spurs All Stars during the Duncan era, one thing pops: Tim won every championship, except 2007, with only one player who had been named an AS at that point in their career while playing with Tim.

1999 DRob
2003 DRob
2005 Manu
2007 Manu, Parker

If you break it down by who was an AS in a championship year with Duncan, his dominance becomes even more apparent

1999 No All Star game
2003 No other AS selections
2005 Manu
2007 Parker

KG had that amount of support and constantly went out in the first.

Theres about 30 holes in this statement. So Ill just say this: Are you seriously going to compare Marbury (one year as a rookie no less), Googs, Szerbiak etc to David Robinson, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili? Forget all stars, did KG ever have the role players etc like Bowen, Horry and Brent Barry?

Youre fooling no one.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 02:17 PM
The idea is that he couldn't even get out of the FIRST ROUND with those players. Much less win a championship. He didn't even come close to sniffing one.

You must not have been around in 2004. And Duncan couldnt get out of the first round last year with Tony Parker who is much better than ANY temmate KG ever had in Minny.

Look, Im not arguing that KG is better. I think Duncan is a better player. But the KG hate is so fucking stupid and petty.

boutons_deux
10-12-2009, 02:25 PM
KG, always was, still is a flaming, self-absorbed, all-about-me, camera-pandering asshole.

duhoh
10-12-2009, 02:40 PM
garnett and kobe are pretty egoistical, but DSF is making the hate into a bigger issue than it really is.

look, we're a spurs forum. we are blessed with talent that has very is relatively swagger-less. when we see someone with too much swagger, i'll admit, it repulses us. some more than others.

i'm sure most suns fans on the suns forums hate duncan and his "OMFG i did NOT commit that foul" bug-eyes. look at the all-star weekend when tony and tim were introduced. i've never heard booing from the all-star weekend till then.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Wait, you mean when Duncan was injured? That's pretty convenient.

Not as convenient as implying that a year in which a player played in every game in a series should be excused for losing since he was "injured".

Don't go out on a limb. Anyone that isn't biased and actually watches basketball knows that Duncan >>> KG.

Wow. KG is better ball handler, shooter and passer. Duncan is a better interior scorer and defender. And Duncan doesnt hide from contact. I give the edge to Duncan but its definitely close.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 02:46 PM
garnett and kobe are pretty egoistical, but DSF is making the hate into a bigger issue than it really is.

look, we're a spurs forum. we are blessed with talent that has very is relatively swagger-less. when we see someone with too much swagger, i'll admit, it repulses us. some more than others.

i'm sure most suns fans on the suns forums hate duncan and his "OMFG i did NOT commit that foul" bug-eyes. look at the all-star weekend when tony and tim were introduced. i've never heard booing from the all-star weekend till then.

No. Theres definitely no Duncan hate at phxsuns.net. TD is generally respected by most fans. Likewise theres no KG hate over there as well. Theres hate for Bowen, Horry and Ginobili, but not for the same reasons you all hate Garnett.

Garnett is a freaking warrior. Put face paint on him and you could see him grabbing a spear and going into tribal attack mode. In a league where so many players are all about themselves (Amare Stoudemire, T-Mac etc), its nice to see the true competitors.

And the "all about me" talk is ridiculous. Like I said, I doubt theres a player in this league that wouldnt want KG as a teammate.

boutons_deux
10-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Duncan doesn't disappear in crunch, either.

KG is essentially a punk pussy, as confirmed by his dickless obsession with weaponry.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
btw - Tony Parker is MUCH more arrogant that Kevin Garnett. Spurs fans are probably blind to this.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Duncan doesn't disappear in crunch, either.

KG is essentially a punk pussy, as confirmed by his dickless obsession with weaponry.

I didnt even know he had an obsession with weaponry but that would make sense. As I said, the dude's a fucking warrior! :lol:lol

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 02:52 PM
btw - Tony Parker is MUCH more arrogant that Kevin Garnett. Spurs fans are probably blind to this.

:blah

Muser
10-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't hate KG, hate is too strong, I dislike him for his douchebaggery (Barking at players when he's on the sidelines etc.)

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
I think many Spurs fans would agree with that. I've always said he doesn't fit the Spurs mold.

Well Kudos to you. Amare Stoudemire is also ridiculously arrogant.

Neither Amare or TP or KG have egos close to the size of Kobe's though. :lol

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Look, Im not arguing that KG is better. I think Duncan is a better player. But the KG hate is so fucking stupid and petty.

Nobody is hating on Garnett cuz of his game. We are hating on him cuz he is prick.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Nobody is hating on Garnett cuz of his game. We are hating on him cuz he is prick.

:rolleyes

GetGarnett.com

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
From the bench, in a suit
ubyeKgYPsF0

Taunting a PG
OvCyZB1n6lE

Getting on all fours during a game
IT8qLg2NjnQ

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:12 PM
From the bench, in a suit
ubyeKgYPsF0

Taunting a PG
OvCyZB1n6lE

Getting on all fours during a game
IT8qLg2NjnQ

Whats wrong with getting on all fours during a game? Football players do that ALL THE TIME. And?

I cant see the videos through work filter but Im guessing this game wear he's in the cream colored suit and he's yelling at one of his teammates but from a certain angle it looks like he's yelling at an opposing player.

Am I right?

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:15 PM

GetGarnett.com

and he would have been a prick in a Lakers uniform. :rolleyes

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Whats wrong with getting on all fours during a game? Football players do that ALL THE TIME. And?

I cant see the videos through work filter but Im guessing this game wear he's in the cream colored suit and he's yelling at one of his teammates but from a certain angle it looks like he's yelling at an opposing player.

Am I right?

HAHAHAHAH Your fucking kidding me.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 03:17 PM
These are the moments where you can see DSF is just a troll. I honestly don't know why I respond. Congrats, that is the only thing you have ever or will ever get over on me :tu

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:18 PM
and he would have been a prick in a Lakers uniform. :rolleyes

He would have fit right in with Sasha and Kobe then. :lol

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:19 PM
HAHAHAHAH Your fucking kidding me.

Im either completely right or competely wrong....which is it?

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:22 PM
These are the moments where you can see DSF is just a troll. I honestly don't know why I respond. Congrats, that is the only thing you have ever or will ever get over on me :tu

lol..i didnt realize that he was a troll till this thread. Good game.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
lol..i didnt realize that he was a troll till this thread. Good game.

Yeah, cuz my comments are so controversial and inflammatory.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Whats wrong with getting on all fours during a game?
Am I right?

No. KG was wrong there, and Media knew it and has by & large buried the incident. Only Boards & Forums push it.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
No. KG was wrong there, and Media knew it and has by & large buried the incident. Only Boards & Forums push it.

Like I said, I cant see the video. I'll look at it again when I get home. :toast

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM

Cully my friend, he will only say you chastise KG because your team rang sans daddy after failing to vanquish the man on all fours.

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Yeah, cuz my comments are so controversial and inflammatory.

Cuz your comments are dumb and only trolls would push and believe that crap.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Like I said, I cant see the video. I'll look at it again when I get home. :toast

You have never seen the video where KG gets on all fours and taunts Bayless?

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
You have never seen the video where KG gets on all fours and taunts Bayless?

No. If it is what you say it is, thats pretty bad. I'll have to look later.

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Cully my friend, he will only say you chastise KG because your team rang sans daddy after failing to vanquish the man on all fours.

but uh but getting on all fours and taunting a 6 foot euro point guard is normal...Football players do it all the time. :rolleyes

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM

No way, da won't do me that'a way.

I'll admit I was pleased as punch in the backwash of the '08 Finals calamity when KG pulled that stunt. I was lookin' for any solace.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Cuz your comments are dumb and only trolls would push and believe that crap.

Apparently, KG did something REALLY bad. But I cant see the video and i was picturing KG getting knocked down and then barking on all fours. If he was taunting a guy or whatever, that I was obviously wrong. Maybe I shouldnt have guessed, but Im quite familiar with a game last year in which a shot was taken of KG yelling at an opposing player and when you pan out, you see he's actually looking at a teammate. I thought that was what was being posted.

Like I said, I was either completely right or completely wrong. Give me a break! I couldnt see the video!!

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM

Am I right?

No. If it is what you say it is, thats pretty bad. I'll have to look later.

So how can you defend it earlier? If you claim to know KG and how he operates, how could you have never seen this?

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Apparently, KG did something REALLY bad. But I cant see the video and i was picturing KG getting knocked down and then barking on all fours. If he was taunting a guy or whatever, that I was obviously wrong. Maybe I shouldnt have guessed, but Im quite familiar with a game last year in which a shot was taken of KG yelling at an opposing player and when you pan out, you see he's actually looking at a teammate. I thought that was what was being posted.

Like I said, I was either completely right or completely wrong. Give me a break! I couldnt see the video!!

I'll retrack my troll statement then cuz you defending KG on all 4's was the reason why i assumed you were a troll.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
So how can you defend it earlier? If you claim to know KG and how he operates, how could you have never seen this?

I dont know the particular incident. I know KG and Ive never seen another incident similar to what you are describing. Maybe it was KG at his "worst".

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
It's rare in any union for one union member to do that to another union member.

It's like when Kobe did the rape...how many players condemned him? None. How many coaches condemned him? 1/Phil Jackson. That Benedict Arnold bastard!

Like when Magic unretired with HIV. How many union members publicly blanched? 1/Malone. That SOB!!!!!!!!!

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Maybe I shouldnt have guessed, but Im quite familiar with a game last year in which a shot was taken of KG yelling at an opposing player and when you pan out, you see he's actually looking at a teammate. I thought that was what was being posted.

he's making this face at a teammate?
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3206_1146952677292_1331803678_30378311_7540403_n.j pg

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Ok........I am just saying that it is a little strange how you can defend an incident, only later to say you have not seen it. You tend to lose a little credibility, and that is more in line with what a troll does.

Have you ever seen the Calderon incident?

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Ok........I am just saying that it is a little strange how you can defend an incident, only later to say you have not seen it. You tend to lose a little credibility, and that is more in line with what a troll does.

that was exaclty what i was thinking, but if DSF claims he didnt see it...we'll just wait for his reaction when he does.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:53 PM
he's making this face at a teammate?
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3206_1146952677292_1331803678_30378311_7540403_n.j pg

Cant see image :lol

I'll be able to see ALL of this when I get home and I will answer your questions.

I dont think KG is a saint. Im just saying he's an intense competitor and fun to watch. Sometimes he goes overboard, but all have players on our team that we wished played with his fire.

And I completely disagree that he just picks on smaller players. Like I said, Ive seen him stare down Amare MANY times.

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Cant see image :lol

I'll be able to see ALL of this when I get home and I will answer your questions.

I dont think KG is a saint. Im just saying he's an intense competitor and fun to watch. Sometimes he goes overboard, but all have players on our team that we wished played with his fire.

And I completely disagree that he just picks on smaller players. Like I said, Ive seen him stare down Amare MANY times.

Staring down players is totally different then taunting. Come on now.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM

I said in the original post that I couldnt see the video. Ive seen KG howl and yell off into the crowd etc many times. And when you posted it, all you wrote was "on all fours".

Spurs fans have pissed at Amare for FIVE YEARS now for doing push-ups after he was knocked down in a game. FIVE YEARS. I thought this was a similar incident of a guy just playing to the crowd and opposing fans getting upset.

Obviously, I was wrong if he was taunting someone on the ground.

TheMACHINE
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
playing the crowd, howling to the crowd, pumping your teamates up...even haivng a scowl on your face is all good in my book. Taunting other players directly..not so good.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Spurs fans have pissed at Amare for FIVE YEARS now for doing push-ups after he was knocked down in a game. FIVE YEARS.

He should not have done that, da. And what pisses everybody off is there was no technical.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 04:03 PM
playing the crowd, howling to the crowd, pumping your teamates up...even haivng a scowl on your face is all good in my book. Taunting other players directly..not so good.

Precisely. There is an unwritten rule and KG has crossed that line.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 04:03 PM
He should not have done that, da. And what pisses everybody off is there was no technical.

:lol For the push-ups?!!!!

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM

I agree.

Culburn369
10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
:lol For the push-ups?!!!!

Yes. I was incensed. Though then I was lovin' the Spurs and hatin' your asses full-time.

da_suns_fan
10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Yes. I was incensed. Though then I was lovin' the Spurs and hatin' your asses full-time.

Of course, Amare does the push-up, gets his muscles swelled up, does a pose for the crowd, then bricks the free throw. :lol

Me: Fucking idiot!!! :bang

bostonguy
10-12-2009, 05:42 PM
KG is a tough mofo that is clutch. I trust him to take and make the big shots. I trust him when it comes to pressure.

DPG21920
10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
How do you feel about his antics?