PDA

View Full Version : My new whip

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Leased it for 3 years. My insurance almost doubled over my 4 door Malibu sedan. 10 Camaro SS

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/thunderdan317/DSC03372.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/thunderdan317/DSC03376.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/thunderdan317/DSC03377.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/thunderdan317/DSC03374.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/thunderdan317/DSC03375.jpg

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Love the car. Can't stand the tail lights.

Sportcamper
10-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Sharp Car...How does it drive?

ATRAIN
10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Do you like that little blue light running along the doors.

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Sharp Car...How does it drive?

it's the most powerful car I've ever owned. But that isn't saying that much because I used to drive a Malibu, and before that I had a Trailblazer. Figure its my last chance to have a fast car with no back seat and stupid insurance rates before I have to grow up and get married and all that.

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Do you like that little blue light running along the doors.

yeah it looks really cool at night because of how all the lights match

ATRAIN
10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
yeah it looks really cool at night because of how all the lights match

I just dont like the color of the light, I know it matches the other internal lights but i have been looking into seeing if it can be modded to another color.

ATRAIN
10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
it's the most powerful car I've ever owned. But that isn't saying that much because I used to drive a Malibu, and before that I had a Trailblazer. Figure its my last chance to have a fast car with no back seat and stupid insurance rates before I have to grow up and get married and all that.

Def has some power but it still seems like it lacks a bit compared to some of the competition. Nice color though dan, you should get some grey racing stripes on that bad boy. Im still on the lookout for a 68 or 69 SS to rebuild.

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I just dont like the color of the light, I know it matches the other internal lights but i have been looking into seeing if it can be modded to another color.

Yeah, even if you could change it I wouldn't because this thing is only mine for another 2 years 363 days.

Sportcamper
10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
They have been getting over sticker for the Camaro at the dealership where I live…Literally they sell the day they arrive…I hope Chevrolet has built a classic…

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
They have been getting over sticker for the Camaro at the dealership where I live…Literally they sell the day they arrive…I hope Chevrolet has built a classic…

yeah I actually ordered this one, but I got a great deal on it because my dad owns the joint. Still the highest car payment I've had, but a good deal considering what they normally sell them for

ATRAIN
10-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, even if you could change it I wouldn't because this thing is only mine for another 2 years 363 days.

3 year lease.......why? What you gonna get after that?

ATRAIN
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
yeah I actually ordered this one, but I got a great deal on it because my dad owns the joint. Still the highest car payment I've had, but a good deal considering what they normally sell them for

High payment on a lease?

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
High payment on a lease?

my last payment was under $300 on a Malibu, and before that my dad gave me both of my cars. But my lease payments are a little under what it would be to buy it for 5.5 years. I'm a big fan on the lease because I don't like being stuck in a car. Plus, I'm probably going to get married in the next couple of years and with that comes kids, and that thing wouldn't be good with a kid as the back seat is just there for decoration. So I'm just looking to have fun for a couple of years and after that I'll probably go back to 4 door sedan with good gas mileage and low insurance rates..... I may even go mini van, depends on how much ass I get in the next 3 years

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
He'll have an option to buy once the lease is up.

I've considered waiting a couple of years to see these cars dip in price but even then they'd only be in the high teens. You can get a nice albeit not original but nice classic for that kind of money.

Still think the Challenger really nailed the throw back styling.

What are these running in the 1/4 mile low 13's high 12's. Seems like a lot of car for under Corvette money.

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Don't sacrifice your car because of kids. I had a Corvette and just strapped junior down in the front seat. If you're married you're gonna have two cars anyway why not have fun with one. Leave wifey to the grocery getting.

ATRAIN
10-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Don't sacrifice your car because of kids. I had a Corvette and just strapped junior down in the front seat. If you're married you're gonna have two cars anyway why not have fun with one. Leave wifey to the grocery getting.

LMAO exactlly!! That happened to 2 of my sisters. Still have your vette? I agree with you about the Challenger, that thing is sweet and they haul ass. If I got a new sports car/remake it would be that one.

alamo50
10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
You got a new whip, because you lost the other ones playing fantasy baseball?

ATRAIN
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
You got a new whip, because you lost the other ones playing fantasy baseball?

:lmao

thispego
10-12-2009, 10:55 AM

thought you said you leased it?

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
thought you said you leased it?

the most powerful car a bank owns that I pay them monthly to borrow it

thispego
10-12-2009, 11:00 AM
ahh i got you. your cheap ass dad should just give you cats from his dealership

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 11:02 AM
LMAO exactlly!! That happened to 2 of my sisters. Still have your vette? I agree with you about the Challenger, that thing is sweet and they haul ass. If I got a new sports car/remake it would be that one.
Nope I sold it two months ago. Minimalist phase until I can get my home built. Then I'm gonna be back in the market for something. Might get another vette.

mrsmaalox
10-12-2009, 11:46 AM
The Challenger is definitely the sexiest car around. I'm not too attracted to this Camaro, but it seems to be a big hit, as I've seen one on every block for at least a 5 mile radius of my house. But Thunder Dan has the best color.

florige
10-12-2009, 11:48 AM
That looks sweet Dan. You should get tons of ass driving that thing around.

florige
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
How much is your insurance now?

phyzik
10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
The only gripe I have about the new Camaro is that everyone and their mother is going to own one. Thats the main reason why I went with the G8.

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
How much is your insurance now?

about $1,100

IronMexican
10-12-2009, 01:29 PM
You should have waitied a month and bought a Xbox 360 with this months lease payment. That way you don't only play Madden with Steven.

florige
10-12-2009, 01:29 PM
about $1,100

Man wtf?! I pay 1440 and I am 31 and have a 4 door sedan. I hate living here sometime.

CubanMustGo
10-12-2009, 01:45 PM
At the rate Camaros depreciate, I don't even want to think about what your lease payments must be. Great car tho.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Nice! :tu

Taco
10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Sweet Ride!

PM5K
10-12-2009, 02:02 PM
When you have kids get a Grand Cherokee SRT8....

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 02:06 PM
You should have waitied a month and bought a Xbox 360 with this months lease payment. That way you don't only play Madden with Steven.

haha

Frenzy
10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Still think the Challenger really nailed the throw back styling.

:tu

SpursNextRomanEmpire
10-12-2009, 05:23 PM
yeah very sexy car, but I've seen pictures of the tail-lights and they stink

ManuTP9
10-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Nice car dude.

fraga
10-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Beautiful car...but is it true the interior looks and feels cheaply made...I've heard others complain about the interior...

Thunder Dan
10-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Beautiful car...but is it true the interior looks and feels cheaply made...I've heard others complain about the interior...

I think it looks nice. I mean it's not a Ferrari but for what it is I think it looks nice. The leather and stitching looks good.

phyzik
10-13-2009, 12:54 AM
I think it looks nice. I mean it's not a Ferrari but for what it is I think it looks nice. The leather and stitching looks good.

Not to brag, but go look at a G8's interior. The Camaro looks "platic" in the interior IMHO. I have a friend with a 96 Camaro and he feels its practically the same in the new Camaro except for new styling. It still feels cheep.

You cant beat the performance though if you can get passed the fact that EVERYONE is going to buy one.

DMX7
10-13-2009, 12:59 AM
I love it but I'm not big on leasing cars...any car. That's almost always a ripoff.

CubanMustGo
10-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Not to brag, but go look at a G8's interior. The Camaro looks "platic" in the interior IMHO. I have a friend with a 96 Camaro and he feels its practically the same in the new Camaro except for new styling. It still feels cheep.

You cant beat the performance though if you can get passed the fact that EVERYONE is going to buy one.

The G8's a really nice car (made by General Motors' Australia division, Holden). It's a real shame that GM didn't transfer it over to Chevrolet when they announced that Pontiac was going away.

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2009, 08:32 AM
The G8's a really nice car (made by General Motors' Australia division, Holden). It's a real shame that GM didn't transfer it over to Chevrolet when they announced that Pontiac was going away.

Have u seen the new models? they are fkn nice especially the rims....i think they are trying to secure a $1b deal with the american govt to supply them rebadge police cars....

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1000/gts31280.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/301/gts51280.jpg

the only problem i have with domestic home made cars, they devalue quicker than euro/jap cars, then you see one on every corner since everyone jumps on the bandwagon to purchase on...

Bukefal
10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Nice ride mate, its a cool car. But, the interior could have been better though.

CubanMustGo
10-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Have u seen the new models? they are fkn nice especially the rims....i think they are trying to secure a $1b deal with the american govt to supply them rebadge police cars....

Sweet, the cops would love to have those as opposed to the crap most of them are using (Dodge Chargers or ancient Crown Vics). I wouldn't mind having one, either. :toast

the only problem i have with domestic home made cars, they devalue quicker than euro/jap cars, then you see one on every corner since everyone jumps on the bandwagon to purchase on...

Too true ...

Thunder Dan
10-13-2009, 11:15 AM

actually, that isn't the reason they devalue quicker. It has nothing to do with the quality of the cars, or consumers buying them up. It has to do with fleet sales. The foreign companies don't offer their cars up to rental companies and other fleets. Fleets flood the population with cars and thus make them devalue quicker.

I know some foreign companies sell to fleet, but it's not on the level of the US manufactures. If you just think of how many Chevy Impala's Avis and other rental car companies own, and how many companies own for their own use it is crazy. Not only that, but rental companies buy new cars every year and resell the others, which is like a double wammy for a car's value.

I can go to an auction today and pick from thousands of 2009 cars Enterprise is selling with 15-25,000 miles on them.

TheMACHINE
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
He'll have an option to buy once the lease is up.

If you walk into a car dealership and tell them you want a lease with an option to buy...they'll be all over you like sharks. :lol

Mark in Austin
10-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Rented one a couple months ago in Cali... thought the interior was a big improvement over the shit GM was pumping out a couple years ago. For the most part, really high quality, but there were a couple trim pieces in prominent places that looked (and were) cheap and poorly integrated. It made a solid B+ interior look like a weak C.

My only complaints - truly shitty trunk access, poor rear visibility, and no large nav screen.

Looks beautiful - I drove a black one. Maybe the best suspension GM has ever made.

Between this, the new Buick, and the stuff Cadilac is doing, I'm really encouraged by GM.

I agree the Holden should move over and become the next generation Impala though. That car is terrific. But they need to add a Nav screen - the G8 doesn't have one - a stupid oversight for a 35K car.

mouse
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Nice car but I am old school when it comes to Camaro.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mouse-car.jpg

mouse
10-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Was the Gaydar extra?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/fag.gif

J.T.
10-13-2009, 08:03 PM

+1

With that $100 off deal the 360 Elite costs less than your cousin charged for an hour with the lights off at the Super 8 Motel after her quinceanera.

symple19
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Anything from GM sucks giants balls.

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2009, 09:39 PM
I agree the Holden should move over and become the next generation Impala though. That car is terrific. But they need to add a Nav screen - the G8 doesn't have one - a stupid oversight for a 35K car.

wow thats cheap for you guys

the pic i posted the basic model goes for about AUS$65k and the GTS model is about AUS$80k

Heath Ledger
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Aww ain't that cute. You leased it. WTF? You don't lease a sports car!!!:nope

Heath Ledger
10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
My soon to be bro in law has a 69 charger replica of the General Lee, Ive gone to a couple of car shows with him and driven around in it. Man that car could be such a pussy getter. We have dozens of peeps snapping pics of us each time we drive it.

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2009, 10:10 PM
v8 muscle cars look nice, but the interior in some cars does it no justice

mouse
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM
My soon to be bro in law has a 69 charger replica of the General Lee, Ive gone to a couple of car shows with him and driven around in it. Man that car could be such a pussy getter. We have dozens of peeps snapping pics of us each time we drive it.

There is a car lot somewhere between san antonio and cuero the dude only has like 10 cars but they are all sweet muscle cars barracuda Chargers fire birds original Trans Am etc.. when I get a job I am stopping off at his place.

I want the barracuda!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/1972_Plymouth_Barracuda_340.jpg