PDA

View Full Version : HOOWAHHH! Chinese Mexican food...

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Or actually more accurate...Mexican cooked Chinese Food...

This shit is GOOD!...Ordered one of the lunch specials from the dive near here...

Jalapeno Chicken...Chicken sauteed with tons of cross sliced fresh jalapenos (seeds and all) and then veggies and the clasic Chinese brown sauce added...

LOL. This stuff is HOT...I'm crying while I'm eating it and still lovin it...

katyon6th
10-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Well, where the fuck did you get it from? Don't hold out on us.

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
La Fortuna on Fredricksburg.

lebomb
10-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I just had Mexican Chinese food myself. Sweet N Sour enchiladas and refried dumplings.

katyon6th
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Is that close to the Frost Bank on 410 & Fred?

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Mexicans can cook anything. With such a shitty work ethic its surprising how hard they go at it behind the burners.

CubanMustGo
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
There's a place called La Chinita on the SE side .. avoid it.

I. Hustle
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
:lol FU B2B!

There are actual Chinese Mexicans. They fled China in search of farm land and ended up in Mexico and started a new life there. So I wouldn't be surprised at some of the mixes as far as food goes.

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Is that close to the Frost Bank on 410 & Fred?

Oops...checked the to go menu and it's Grand Fortuna, not La Fortuna. Just towards town from the Tip Top cafe. It's not the best in town but it's decent cheap Chinese food. the lunch special was $4.25 and that's with soup, tons of fried rice, and choice of crab rangoon or egg roll.

If you want top notch oriental food (and obviously pay more) my all time favorite is Sarika's near the med center...(killer Thai food)

katyon6th
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Oops...checked the to go menu and it's Grand Fortuna, not La Fortuna. Just towards town from the Tip Top cafe. It's not the best in town but it's decent cheap Chinese food. the lunch special was $4.25 and that's with soup, tons of fried rice, and choice of crab rangoon or egg roll.

If you want top notch oriental food (and obviously pay more) my all time favorite is Sarika's near the med center...(killer Thai food)

If you're in this area frequently and haven't tried it already, I recommend Thai Pikul on Fred & Callaghan. Best damn green curry in town. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
:lol FU B2B!

There are actual Chinese Mexicans. They fled China in search of farm land and ended up in Mexico and started a new life there. So I wouldn't be surprised at some of the mixes as far as food goes.Oh they originated from China. No wonder they got a good work ethic. Shit if you fail in China you have to hang yourself in shame. Only thing Mexicans hang are clothes and dead chickens for sale.

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 02:14 PM
If you're in this area frequently and haven't tried it already, I recommend Thai Pikul on Fred & Callaghan. Best damn green curry in town. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.

thanks! I'll have to try it...that's just minutes from the house...

katyon6th
10-12-2009, 02:18 PM
thanks! I'll have to try it...that's just minutes from the house...

I work down the street from it so I go there often. The seating is limited, similar to Sarika's and it gets really busy during the lunch hour. If you see me, don't be shy.

I. Hustle
10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I have never tried Thia Pikul but Sarika's was crap when I went. The food sucked there. I went because a "friend" recommended it. I don't talk to him anymore.

I. Hustle
10-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh they originated from China. No wonder they got a good work ethic. Shit if you fail in China you have to hang yourself in shame. Only thing Mexicans hang are clothes and dead chickens for sale.

Again, FU B2B!

I'm going to go take a nap but when I wake up I am going to kick your ass... maybe... tomorrow

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Again, FU B2B!

I'm going to go take a nap but when I wake up I am going to kick your ass... maybe... tomorrow
Don't be mad friend.

I. Hustle
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Don't be mad friend.

I can't quit you

boutons_deux
10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
I know a Chinese-Hispanic from SA. He was fat in HS, and is fat now, many years after his triple-coronary bypass at age 48. :lol

jman3000
10-12-2009, 03:17 PM
There's a Chinese-Italian place on Tezel. It's been there for about 3 years so that means it must be decent. Nothing lasts long at that particular strip mall.

When I was a super fatty I used to take my grandma's enchilada's and put them in between hamburger buns. I guess that's Amexican food.

Taco
10-12-2009, 03:21 PM
There used to be a buffet restraunt place that had chinese & mexican food it was called "WOK-a MOLE' " :lol

I. Hustle
10-12-2009, 03:27 PM
If I opened up a Chinese/Mexican place I would call it Ching-ow

Taco
10-12-2009, 04:36 PM
:lol

Frenzy
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I went to some place on blanco and west ave (phoenix)....and the food was alright... but... inside jeeze.

we really felt left out....everyone in the place eating and working was asian. I felt like some gang fight was gonna bust out.

good egg rolls though.

katyon6th
10-12-2009, 05:01 PM

Not bad. I laughed.