PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to attend a Cowboys game without spending a fortune on parking?

CubanMustGo
10-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I was fortunate enough to win a couple of tickets to see the Cowboys play the Redskins before Thanksgiving (the way the two teams are playing, maybe not so fortunate, but...). Since I'm taking my father-in-law, I'm trying to find parking or some other shuttle-type option that won't cost an arm and a leg. It boggles the mind that parking at the freaking Ballpark blocks away is $60 (if you can find it for list price) and stadium parking is even higher. He's got a couple of bad knees, I can walk from wherever but it would not be good for him.

Any suggestions from those of you in the Dallas (Arlington) area? I know Arlington doesn't have public transit but it would seem that there's a fortune to be made by someone setting up a shuttle from somewhere ... if JJ would let the shuttles onto his grounds, anyway.

robino2001
10-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Are you from the DFW area or will you be traveling there and spending a night in a hotel? My father and I would always stay at a hotel near the airport that would run a shuttle (for ~$10 per person) to the stadium. I don't know if the hotels do that anymore though with the new location.

CubanMustGo
10-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah, if we were staying the night that would make a lot of sense, but we're driving up from Austin in the early AM.

Actually with what they are asking for close-in parking doing the hotel thing might end up being cheaper!

rjv
10-12-2009, 03:28 PM
does the city of dallas offer any sort of park n rides to the game? or are there any restaurants that offer an eat here and get shuttled to the game options ?

Obstructed_View
10-12-2009, 03:31 PM
The Fort Worth bus system, called the T, is running a service to games for like five bucks.

Link Here (http://www.the-t.com/About/NewsNotices/tabid/98/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/59/The-T-to-operate-Cowboys-game-shuttles-for-regular-season-games.aspx)

CubanMustGo
10-12-2009, 03:53 PM
The Fort Worth bus system, called the T, is running a service to games for like five bucks.

Link Here (http://www.the-t.com/About/NewsNotices/tabid/98/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/59/The-T-to-operate-Cowboys-game-shuttles-for-regular-season-games.aspx)

Awesome- that was exactly what I was looking for. You rock, OV!