PDA

View Full Version : Rasho or Nazr. Who would you start in the playoffs?

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Play Popovich for a day. Assuming they're both healthy, who do you go with?

ChumpDumper
04-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Rasho -- because of your redundant threads.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Lol!!!!! :lol Good thread

I say 100% RASHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

E20
04-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Rasho of course.

Slo spurs fan
04-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Ice, look at that sig of SLOVENIAN8. Becouse of blocks like that one and a lot of similar I will say Rasho of course.

desflood
04-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Rasho.

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Rasho -- because of your redundant threads.

Redundant? I think I've started all of 2 Rasho threads in the last 6 months. :rolleyes

The topic seemed to be generating a lot of discussion so I was curious as to what the poll results might look like. If ya don't like it, don't post.

ChumpDumper
04-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Actually, if I don't like it -- I'm more likely to post.

It doesn't have to be about Rasho, just your garden-variety hate thread.

tekdragon
04-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Definitely Rasho. We need more strength coming off the bench. Nazr looked good with Tim and Rasho out, so let him play with them out.

Useruser666
04-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Rasho, if he's not hurt.

ImDaShitYaAll
04-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Nazr cuz he can jump and is quicker

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Actually, if I don't like it -- I'm more likely to post.

It doesn't have to be about Rasho, just your garden-variety hate thread.

Cool. But I fail to see the hate in this thread.

ChumpDumper
04-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Wait for it.

I'll say it again: Nazr will start over Rasho when he defends as well or better than Rasho. And that's the way it should be.

stéphane
04-14-2005, 05:10 PM
15-4 so far for rasho...
speacks by itself...

RobinsontoDuncan
04-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Can I play Whottt? Nazr is going to be the next Wilt Chambelin, you should play him next to Duncan.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
I really think that Rasho should start though.

stéphane
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Cool. But I fail to see the hate in this thread.
hey brewski no hate so far... but aren't you the one that is jumping on every guy on this forum who is saying something positive about rasho...?
you hate him, everybody that dont has to some kind of rasho's nut rider...
i dont know if chump is going to get some vbookies for this accurate prediction though

MadDog73
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Is this a serious question?!? Asssuming he's healthy, Rasho, of course.

Mohammed MIGHT replace Rasho in the future, but at this point, Rasho knows the system better, is a better defender, and knows how to play with Tim.

Not saying Mohammed won't ever be able to do this, but right now, you have to go with what has been working throughout the regular season (when both Rasho and Tim were healthy).

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
hey brewski no hate so far... but aren't you the one that is jumping on every guy on this forum who is saying something positive about rasho...?

Jumping on every guy who says something positive about Rasho? Where did you get that shit?

I don't hate him. I just know he's a stiff.

stéphane
04-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Jumping on every guy who says something positive about Rasho? Where did you get that shit?
lol personnal experience ;)
and this topic doesn't help if you want to defend yourself from hating him

Just curious. They were pretty thick up until the point that Nazr made him look like the bench warmer that he is.
so if you start something about rasho, have to say we wouldn't be surprised to see some hate at the corner...

bigbendbruisebrother
04-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Rasho because DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

wildbill2u
04-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Play Popovich for a day. Assuming they're both healthy, who do you go with?

I don't think you can assume they are both equally healthy and fit. Rasho will have been out of game conditioning for over two weeks when the playoffs come around. I don't think he can make that up overnight--and Nasr has been playing pretty good..

Therefore, although Rasho would be the best player from a defensive standpoint, I picked NASR to start the playoffs. Whichever starts I think both will get some minutes, maybe coming close to parity.

But Pop loves Rasho's Defense, so he'll probably start him and see how far he can go.

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Rasho because DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Defense does win Champinoships. Assuming of course that you can score some points on the other end. What is it now, 5.9 PPG? :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
04-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Nazr got all of 2 with Duncan last night. How much do you really think Nazr would score with Duncan in the only spot he can score from?

spursfan05
04-14-2005, 05:54 PM
nazr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbendbruisebrother
04-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Defense does win Champinoships. Assuming of course that you can score some points on the other end. What is it now, 5.9 PPG? :rolleyes

So let's bench Bowen too. And by all means, we should judge all players from now on solely on by their PPG average.

T Park
04-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Rasho.

Because his defense on the team is behind Bowen Ginobili and Duncan for best, and because hes very familiar with the system.

Plus you dont change lineups wih 3 games left in the season if the said player is healthy.

Next year?? yeah Nazr takes over if he has learned the system and has gotten better defensively.

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 07:09 PM
So let's bench Bowen too. And by all means, we should judge all players now solely on by their PPG average. There are no such thing as role players, huh?

Hey, and I think I've found my new signature. As you said in your redundant thread:
"Fundamentals? I could give a damn about fundamentals."
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13610&page=2

Your arguments were refuted in that thread, so now you're trying the same bullshit in another. We hear you dude. You don't like Rasho. Your voice has been heard, and you have been validated as a devoted Spurs fan.

Hey and look at your poll results.

Good gawd. Some of you get way too serious with these discussions. :lol

You act as though I'm supposed to be heartbroken about a poll on a message board. Sorry to diappoint you. The fundamentals statement just came out wrong. I meant that I could care less about how funamentally sound Rasho is. I'd still be honored to be a part of your sig though. :hat

T Park
04-14-2005, 07:11 PM
meant that I could care less about how funamentally sound Rasho is

If you dont care about fundamentals for one player, obviously it doesnt matter for other players.

That simple.

Manu20
04-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Rasho because he knows the spurs system.
But next season could be a different story.

14dave
04-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Rasho!!!!

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 07:20 PM
If you dont care about fundamentals for one player, obviously it doesnt matter for other players.

That simple.

Now you're just makin shit up. But that's about all your good for most of the time. You certainly don't add anything of interest around here.

Let me spell it out for you. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT RASHO'S FUNDAMENTALS WHEN IT COMES TO DECIDING BETWEEN HIM AND NAZR.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Now you're just makin shit up.

From the book of Brewski, chapter http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13610&page=2

"Fundamentals? I could give a damn about fundamentals. What I want is a big man who will get in there, fight for the rebound and jam that fucker back in." Ice Cold Brewski

I note in the above cited thread (cough, redundant) that you've avoided responding to Solid D's points about Rasho's D versus Nazr's. You should read them.

milkyway21
04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Rasho but more minutes for Nazr, as back up. 10-12 minutes is not enough, Pops.:angel

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 07:55 PM
From the book of Brewski, chapter http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13610&page=2

"Fundamentals? I could give a damn about fundamentals. What I want is a big man who will get in there, fight for the rebound and jam that fucker back in." Ice Cold Brewski

I note in the above cited thread (cough, redundant) that you've avoided responding to Solid D's points about Rasho's D versus Nazr's. You should read them.

Solid D had a very lovely OPINION of Rasho and his All World defensive play. I had stats to back up my arguement however. While I'll agree that stats don't always tell the whole story, they do however tell most of the story.

I can also tell you what I've seen with my own eyes. Rasho does alot of standing around in situtions where he could be fighting for a rebound, going for a block, or boxing out.

Say what you will about your hall of famer Rasho. But my mind is made up. The boy has no heart.

ducks
04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
good question