PDA

View Full Version : LinkedIn

katyon6th
10-12-2009, 03:21 PM
There's a thread out there somewhere on this topic but I thought I'd start fresh.

I'd like to connect with fellow San Antonio (and beyond) professionals. If you'd like to share your LinkedIn address with me, I'd be happy to do the same.

Thanks! :elephant

clambake
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
There's a thread out there somewhere on this topic but I thought I'd start fresh.

I'd like to connect with fellow San Antonio (and beyond) professionals. If you'd like to share your LinkedIn address with me, I'd be happy to do the same.

Thanks! :elephant

you shouldn't doo thet. i heared that sanantone is stoopid cityfolk.

jman3000
10-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Ugh... I looked through there once. It was kind of sad to see all these so called "professionals" with so many spelling errors and simple grammatical problems in their sentences.

I know there's such a thing as typos, but it was very consistent.

I think this thread is really about getting wang.

jman3000
10-12-2009, 03:31 PM
:lol at me typoing the word "typo".

Wow. I also used the wrong "there".

I need to go die now.

JudynTX
10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I have never heard of it.

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
So blue collared folk can't join in?

katyon6th
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Ugh... I looked through there once. It was kind of sad to see all these so called "professionals" with so many spelling errors and simple grammatical problems in their sentences.

I know there's such a thing as typos, but it was very consistent.

I think this thread is really about getting wang.

I've received correspondence from C-Level personnel with spelling and grammatical errors on a number of occasions. Even though they can't spell, they're still making 100K+. Amazing.

BacktoBasics, you can join.

jman3000
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
It's never your 4th or 5th line managers that do the work. It's the 1st and 2nd liners that get it done. At AT&T I know personally people making 100k+ who basically act as glorified secretaries and pretty much just report whatever their own secretaries hand them.

ashbeeigh
10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I'll throw mine out there. ashbeeigh's linkedin (http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleyshute)

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I'll throw mine out there. ashbeeigh's linkedin (http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleyshute)

That proves it.

B2B you definitely qualify.

:lmao

ashbeeigh
10-12-2009, 04:24 PM
That proves it.

:lmao

:rolleyes

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Aw c'mon Ashbeeigh...

Quality control at ACORN Housing?

That was a slow pitch just waiting to get hit out of the park.:p:

PakiDan
10-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Here's mine http://www.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-mochen/5/b4/61a

Frenzy
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
It's never your 4th or 5th line managers that do the work. It's the 1st and 2nd liners that get it done. At AT&T I know personally people making 100k+ who basically act as glorified secretaries and pretty much just report whatever their own secretaries hand them.

Well they have to earn a good pay check...how else would they pay back student loans.

BacktoBasics
That proves it.

:lmaoI gotta admit I laughed.

I don't join clubs. I don't correspond with people because in the end I don't like most of you. Except you CC you big rich cocksucking asshole.

...and yeah I admit I don't know what LinkedIn is. Though it might have been a new band at first.

CosmicCowboy
Here's mine http://www.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-mochen/5/b4/61a

Paki, I still laugh every time I read this:

Silotech is a services oriented, minority, woman, service disabled veteran owned small business

Those guys really covered their bases on set-aside government contracts!

katyon6th
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
I gotta admit I laughed.

I don't join clubs. I don't correspond with people because in the end I don't like most of you. Except you CC you big rich cocksucking asshole.

...and yeah I admit I don't know what LinkedIn is. Though it might have been a new band at first.

FU. I wouldn't add you to my network anyway.

PakiDan
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Paki, I still laugh every time I read this:

Those guys really covered their bases on set-aside government contracts!

we are working with our lawyers on adding "little-people friendly" into the language somewhere. We don't want to exclude anybody!

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
FU. I wouldn't add you to my network anyway.
Your network fucking needs me. It fucking wants me. I would make it breathe again. Like its never breathed before.

BacktoBasics
10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
we are working with our lawyers on adding "little-people friendly" into the language somewhere. We don't want to exclude anybody!
Consider adding richer horse owners somewhere.

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Consider adding richer horse owners somewhere.

naaa...no need.

we don't do no stinkin minority set asides :lol

PM5K
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
You'd think they would at least use a spell checker.

liasion ?

I didn't read the rest...

(I'd still hit it though)

ShoogarBear
10-12-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking of being the moderator for a new chicks-only site called HookedUp.

Jekka
10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jelouise - Thanks for reminding me that my profile needed updating, Katy! The job search sucks.

spursfan09
10-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Excuse me, Ms. Jessica Jones, but I found a mistake on your profile. "I am a graduating with my Master of Information Science..." Just thought you should know. :)

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Excuse me, Ms. Jessica Jones, but I found a mistake on your profile. "I am a graduating with my Master of Information Science..." Just thought you should know. :)

I immediately snapped to that too. You are much nicer than I am for pointing it out.

Jekka
10-12-2009, 06:35 PM

I edited it to "a Master of Information Science degree," but that was just for clarity - are you talking about the "Master" instead of "Master's"?

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I edited it to "a Master of Information Science degree," but that was just for clarity - are you talking about the "Master" instead of "Master's"?

Jekka, read the sentence...I just cut and pasted it directly from the site...

I am a graduating with a Master of Information Science degree.

The first "a" doesn't belong there.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-13-2009, 03:52 AM

MSI, not MIS. Master of Science in Information.

Probably confused it with your LIS specialization.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Sooooo Jekka...did you fix your page? You don't want to be one of those little Japanese lizards that gets stepped on by the BIG fire breathing Japanese LinkedIn Lizard...:p: