PDA

View Full Version : Have you been to the State Fair of Texas?

JudynTX
10-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I never have. :depressed

State Fair of Texas announces new foods on 2009 menu
(The eight Big Tex Choice Finalists are also new to the Fair in 2009)

Deep Fried Peanuts – Deep fried peanuts in shells and seasoned with a variety of flavors (Cajun, garlic, powdered sugar, jalapeno). Nimitz Drive N9.

Stuffed Wings on a stick – Texas sized, boneless, seasoned stuffed wings, fried and served on a stick. They are crispy on the outside; tender mouth watering stuffing on the inside. Smokey John's CBP15.

Rotisserie Chicken - Whole Rotisserie chicken sold in either 1/4 or 1/2 with corn and bread. Belgian Waffle stand in Tower Building.

Pokey O's -Custom made fresh baked cookie and ice cream sandwiches. Choice of two of eight flavors of cookies including semi-sweet chocolate chip, vanilla sugar, Snickerdoodle, fudge nut brownie, white chocolate macadamia, margarita, cappuccino chocolate chunk and a special large State Fair cookie loaded with favorite ingredients. Hand dipped Blue Bell ® Ice Cream choices include: homemade vanilla, strawberry, cookies & cream, cookie dough, mint chocolate chip, crazy colors, Happy Tracks and cake batter. Grand Avenue G-32F near Big Tex Circle.

BBQ Stuffed Wings – Texas sized wings are rubbed with Smokey’s special spices and stuffed with hearty Texas flavors (beef, potato, onion, noodles and spices), then smoked for hours. Smokey John's CBP15.

Texas Bar-B-Que Boomerangs – Tender, hickory smoked brisket, chopped and mixed with BW’s special sweet, smokey flavorful BBQ sauce. Brisket is scooped into a light pastry won ton wrapper, folded, sealed and deep fried to a delicate crisp golden brown. Served with your choice of sauce: BBQ or BW’s Flame Thrower. BW’s in the Tower Building.

Fried Apple and Peanut Butter on a stick – A large wedge of apple wrapped in caramel and peanut butter, dipped in batter, fried and sugar dusted. On the Midway near the Texas Star M19.

Banana Praline Waffles – A golden banana waffle with warm praline sauce and topped with lots of whipped cream. Tower Building TB23.

Deep Fried Pizza – Pepperoni or sausage pizza slices battered in homemade Italian batter, deep fried and served with an extra helping of pizza sauce and parmesan cheese. On Fun-Way, FW20.

Smokin’ Bullets on-a-stick – Internationally seasoned beef filled egg roll, wrapped, deep fried until golden - bullets served with a tantalizing sweet, sour and spicy Chinese – Thai dipping sauce.On Cotton Bowl Plaza CBP16 and MLK26 near Little Hands.

Fried Turkey on-a-stick – Cajun seasoned Turkey breast meat, marinated, breaded and deep fried. On Nimitz Dr. behind the Cotton Bowl at the Yoakum booth N30.

Chocolate Jalapeño – Fresh jalapeno skewered and dipped in funnel cake batter, fried and then dipped in chocolate. Available dusted with cinnamon and sugar, or dipped in chocolate. In Cotton Bowl Plaza, CBP1.

Fried Peanuts n Shell – Fried peanuts; eat shell-n-all. On Fun Way, FW27.

Mexican Pies – Shredded chicken mixed with Jack cheese, black beans, corn kernels, red peppers and green onions between two tortillas pressed in a special pocket grill. Auto Building restaurant.

Frozen Turtle Cheesecake Dipped in Chocolate on a stick – Located beside many Lemon Chill carts throughout the grounds.

Frozen Explosion Swirl – Strawberry, Pina Colada, Blue Raspberry, build your own swirl frozen beverage in a special container. Locations in all sections of the park.

Chili Cheese Dog Pot Pie – Slices of wieners mixed with chili, covered with grated cheese and a pastry crust. Baked and cut into squares, served in a 12 oz. bowl. Served at the Chili Parlor in the Tower Building.

Fernie’s Southern Fried Fajitas – Tender succulent strips of mildly seasoned skirt steak dipped in batter & fried until golden & crunchy. Topped with savory fried onions & served with a side of creamy homestyle gravy. At the Dock Restaurant on Nimitz Dr.

Texas Pig Candy – Scrumptious, sweet & spicy cocktail sausages glazed with brown sugar, raspberry chipotle & cayenne pepper. Oven baked and topped with our signature candied sliced jalapenos. Served at Bailey’s in the Tower Building.

All items are subject to change or elimination at concessionaire’s discretion.

http://www.bigtex.com/foodlocator/newfoods.asp

mookie2001
10-12-2009, 03:37 PM
hyeah

half of the oscar dela crew is going to wreck that bitch saturday

I. Hustle
10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I had a heart attack just reading that.

JudynTX
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
I had a heart attack just reading that.

:lol Deep Fried Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurminator
10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Every year. My favorites are the fried Frito Burrito and the Fried PBJ & Banana.

Haven't been yet this year but the Fried Green Goblins sound amazing.

Fpoonsie
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
It's right up the road. I have no idea why I haven't gone yet.

JudynTX
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
It's right up the road. I have no idea why I haven't gone yet.

Dude, WTF. I'd be at that damn thing everyday. :bang

I. Hustle
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Banana praline waffles
Stuffed wings
those boomerang things
and those fried wonton things

that is what I would start with

Fpoonsie
10-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Dude, WTF. I'd be at that damn thing everyday. :bang

It's only around 'till the 18th apparently. I can't believe I've been too lazy to drive 30 minutes south and eat my body weight in fried shit all day.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
10-12-2009, 05:27 PM
damn, just damn

ashbeeigh
10-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Even Oprah goes. And we don't. Geez.

mrsmaalox
10-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Oh boy those Texas Boomerang things sound great, I wish I had one right now! And how much naughtier can you get than the Chili Cheese Dog Pie? :drool:

samikeyp
10-12-2009, 10:45 PM
apparently they are debuting deep fried butter this year.

EricB
10-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Never been.

Looks interesting, too busy to go however.