10-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks, Tim and Manu do look smooth
Thanks! Good Stuff!:blah

angelbelow
10-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks!

superbigtime
10-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Gonna be so awesome to see RJ in the post.

DBMethos
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I could watch this stuff all day...

SpursNextRomanEmpire
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
thanks for that

Interrohater
10-12-2009, 05:18 PM
damn, manu straight strokin the threes

#2!
10-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Gonna be so awesome to see RJ in the post.

:tu

crc21209
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
TD, Fin, and Manu draining jumpers + RJ working on his post game= :tu!

myhc
10-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks so much for posting! :flag:

urunobili
10-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Finley didn't miss a J...

HarlemHeat37
10-12-2009, 07:10 PM
He missed 1 J..

NBA players are ridiculous in gyms though..even guys that are scrubs..I played with Telfair for years through HS and 2 of the last 3 Summers on the street, and he would just completely dominate anybody on the floor..in the NBA, he isn't anything more than an average player..

I can only imagine star players..

NRHector
10-12-2009, 07:24 PM
He missed 1 J..

NBA players are ridiculous in gyms though..even guys that are scrubs..I played with Telfair for years through HS and 2 of the last 3 Summers on the street, and he would just completely dominate anybody on the floor..in the NBA, he isn't anything more than an average player..

I can only imagine star players..different talent on the streets

loveforthegame
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks. :tu

I love this stuff.

TIMMYD!
10-12-2009, 08:32 PM
He missed 1 J..

I can only imagine star players..

That's what I always think about, even the worst player in the NBA could dominate in HS.

FromWayDowntown
10-12-2009, 09:52 PM
That's what I always think about, even the worst player in the NBA could dominate in HS.

And, frequently, at very high collegiate levels and at high levels of play in overseas leagues.

I understand the usage, but to me it's never made much sense to call a low-end NBA player a "scrub," since that "scrub" is among the very greatest basketball players on the planet. He might not be as good as the all-stars and the close-to-all-stars who are the best players in the NBA, but there are many who devote their lives to playing basketball who wish they had the ability of an NBA "scrub."

EricB
10-12-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't remember Jack Haley having much ability.

Samr
10-12-2009, 10:49 PM
And, frequently, at very high collegiate levels and at high levels of play in overseas leagues.

I understand the usage, but to me it's never made much sense to call a low-end NBA player a "scrub," since that "scrub" is among the very greatest basketball players on the planet. He might not be as good as the all-stars and the close-to-all-stars who are the best players in the NBA, but there are many who devote their lives to playing basketball who wish they had the ability of an NBA "scrub."

Matt Bonner does not endorse the opinions or beliefs expressed in this post.

rayray2k8
10-13-2009, 01:01 AM
ty

symple19
10-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Good stuff, except the interview with that bum Mahinmi. He'll be gone soon, don't bother anymore

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-13-2009, 10:55 AM

Very true.

The ABQ Thunderbirds will work out at my gym here in town occassionally, and when I watch those guys I'm amazed at the talent of some of the players who will never even sniff an NBA court.

And to think I used to fancy myself a baller. :depressed

benefactor
10-13-2009, 11:36 AM

It's funny you said this...because it has crossed my mind many times. It's kinda like calling the guys who get cut from camp "fodder". I have never really liked that term as it suggests worthlessness. Most of these guys could walk into any gym in the US and dominate everyone there.

I used to play pickup ball at a local health club with a guy who was a starting guard for TVCC. He is by far the best player I have ever played with. He was telling me about a camp they went to in Dallas with the Mavericks and how they got to play some pickup games with Jason Kidd and Jamal Mashburn. It was funny listening to a ball player of his caliber describe how much more superior those guy were to him....as I had a hard time imagining anyone being much better than him.

Whisky Dog
10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
It's funny you said this...because it has crossed my mind many times. It's kinda like calling the guys who get cut from camp "fodder". I have never really liked that term as it suggests worthlessness. Most of these guys could walk into any gym in the US and dominate everyone there.

I used to play pickup ball at a local health club with a guy who was a starting guard for TVCC. He is by far the best player I have ever played with. He was telling me about a camp they went to in Dallas with the Mavericks and how they got to play some pickup games with Jason Kidd and Jamal Mashburn. It was funny listening to a ball player of his caliber describe how much more superior those guy were to him....as I had a hard time imagining anyone being much better than him.

The sheer ability of all these guys is always overlooked.

Jason Kidd is one of the best pgs to ever play the game so no shame getting dominated by him, even at this old age. As great as he was at basketball though he was the opposite when it came to women - truly one of the worst I've ever seen.