PDA

View Full Version : Which will the mookie crew scoff next?

John Kerry
10-12-2009, 07:56 PM
We all know that anything that becomes popular to the mass public is immediately dismissed as crap by the mookie crew. So which of these will be the next to receive a healthy v-crew scoffing?

1. Zach Galifianakis - after The Hangover & Between Two Ferns, he's sure to get scoffed, if he hasn't been already.

2. Where The Wild Things Are - shaping up to be the Life Aquatic of children's movies.

3. DJ Hero - just like Guitar Hero, except fake turntables and endorsed by Eminem. Okay this one is probably pretty lame.

John Kerry
10-12-2009, 07:58 PM
and why the fuck can't I make a goddamn fucking poll? This is America, and in America people have the right to cast a vote. Does SpursTalk hate America?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-12-2009, 09:15 PM
We all know that anything that becomes popular to the mass public is immediately dismissed as crap by the mookie crew. So which of these will be the next to receive a healthy v-crew scoffing?

1. Zach Galifianakis - after The Hangover & Between Two Ferns, he's sure to get scoffed, if he hasn't been already.

2. Where The Wild Things Are - shaping up to be the Life Aquatic of children's movies.

3. DJ Hero - just like Guitar Hero, except fake turntables and endorsed by Eminem. Okay this one is probably pretty lame.

1) I have always been a zach galifianakis fan. I thought he was the only thing that kept me awake when we got stoned and saw Out Cold, and I caught every episode of his show on VH-1. Also actually watched all episodes of Dog Bites Man, but also because I liked the upright citizens brigade guy (the dr. from the hangover) too. Sorry buddy, but he's gold. Mookie will most assuredly scoff him though. I laughed at almost everything he said in The Hangover.

2) I think I read this as a child, but I am pretty much anti-kids animated movies in general. Probably will end up seeing this one though. Just gotta get stoned.

3) Lame. Never even heard of it before now.

The Reckoning
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
crofl mookie's gonna love dj hero

ChumpDumper
10-13-2009, 03:18 AM
2) I think I read this as a child, but I am pretty much anti-kids animated movies in general. Probably will end up seeing this one though. Just gotta get stoned.It's live action. A little kid and a half-dozen Snuffleupagus/H.R. Puffinstuff hybrids.

koriwhat
10-13-2009, 03:46 AM
1. Zach Galifianakis

dudes almost as boring as dane crook. if i wanted to watch some jackass drunk i'd talk more with my own father.

ShoogarBear
10-13-2009, 05:47 AM
I think they'll scoff this thread.

resistanze
10-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Why is it called the mookie crew and not cbf/4cc crew?

Dr. Gonzo
10-13-2009, 08:34 AM
I think the mookie crew should all join together and scoff AIDS, or at least childhood diabetes.

Imposter
10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=14253&dateline=1255401112

:lmao:lmao:lmao

thispego
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
I think the mookie crew should all join together and scoff AIDS, or at least childhood diabetes.

we've been scoffin late-term abortions for a while now. good enough?

Torso
10-13-2009, 10:32 AM
You just can't do things like that.

The Reckoning
10-13-2009, 10:48 AM
seriously, though.

this list is a piss poor representation of pop culture.

Dr. Gonzo
10-13-2009, 01:58 PM
we've been scoffin late-term abortions for a while now. good enough?

There's nothing wrong with late-term abortions. You are scoffing the wrong things.

mookie2001
10-13-2009, 02:12 PM
AIDS isnt cool

but its slightly cooler than a LTA

zack g is pretty funny, that guy patton oswald is better though

im not down with fantasy shit

and by chance i went to gamestop just yesterday and like 12 people were playing dj hero, too populario

the hangover was alright, pretty funny, you cant scoff it, but it wasnt buy the dvd worthy

ATRAIN
10-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Why is it called the mookie crew and not cbf/4cc crew?

I wondered that myself. Does Pego, cbf or 4cc like being followers to Mookie?

mookie2001
10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
they dont follow shit, when youre the original spurs fan, the biggest, the oldest, the ex-con, and the funniest it happens that way

really though chode regulator would be the leader but i guess it doesnt interest him

like wu-tang we form like voltron and im the head

thispego is the most socialable and populario, 4cc is the smartest and cbf is like jim courier, he has all around skills and superior taste in music and film

leemajors
10-13-2009, 02:58 PM
they dont follow shit, when youre the original spurs fan, the biggest, the oldest, the ex-con, and the funniest it happens that way

really though chode regulator would be the leader but i guess it doesnt interest him

thispego is the most socialable and populario, 4cc is the smartest and cbf is like jim courier, he has all around skills and superior taste in music and film
does he also have a weak backhand?

resistanze
10-13-2009, 04:42 PM

alright gza

Cant_Be_Faded
10-13-2009, 09:02 PM
rofl
mookie forms the head on spurs issues but not in general. He's fallen far far from grace over the last half decade. He's still living off the hilariousness and legendary antics of the early 00's. Now he's just waiting around for one of us to make it big.

But he is our dad when it comes to being a diehard spursfan. (thispego is like the great-great grandkid.)

Cant_Be_Faded
10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
I can't believe you don't know who Zach Galifainakis is.

http://img.listal.com/image/78293/180full-zach-galifianakis.jpg

Don't tell me you couldn't fit The Hangover into your budget.

He's set the tone for offbeat funniness for the next 1.7 years.

The Reckoning
10-13-2009, 09:16 PM
the only comedies 4cc watches are monty python, seinfeld, the simpsons, and reruns of arrested development. everything else is irrelevant.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-13-2009, 09:26 PM
three amigos is a requirement for anyone of your demographic though

The Reckoning
10-13-2009, 09:29 PM
futurama is irrrrrelavent because its matt groening as well.
everybody watches south park.

always sunny in philadelphia and jingle all the way?

you must own and thoroughly enjoy Junior

Reichen Lehmkuhl
10-13-2009, 09:43 PM
The real question is who out of the crew is most likely to have a secret m/m experience or would be willing to?

mookie2001
10-13-2009, 10:10 PM
i guess if thereckoning wasnt born in 1993 he would be above 4cc

J.T.
10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
this thread is about as cool as that one time me and whottt went to a high school house party and tried to buy mushrooms from these kids

Cant_Be_Faded
10-13-2009, 10:20 PM
this thread is about as cool as that one time me and whottt went to a high school house party and tried to buy mushrooms from these kids

roflroflrofl

there was an Always Sunny episode just like that

IronMexican
10-13-2009, 10:25 PM
They didn't buy shrooms. They got the keg since no one was old enough.

J.T.
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
They didn't buy shrooms. They got the keg since no one was old enough.

i mean

im not going to admit to using this tactic to get laid

but a little birdie told me its a better play call than sending in mike vanderjagt to kick a clutch field goal in a playoff game

DPG21920
10-13-2009, 10:45 PM
I found the next victim:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136650

J.T.
10-13-2009, 10:53 PM
i figured zack efron starring in the johnny quest movie would be a better candidate

The Reckoning
10-13-2009, 11:01 PM
i figured zack efron starring in the johnny quest movie would be a better candidate

sounds like we can expect several awkward homo-erotic moments like in the cartoon.

J.T.
10-13-2009, 11:07 PM
my johnny quest live action movie dream team would probably be

johnny - zack morris
hadji - kumar
race bannon - connery
dr quest - john stewart
dog - bryan from family guy

J.T.
10-13-2009, 11:09 PM
johnny - colt mccoy
hadji - quan cosby
race bannon - vince young
dr quest - mack brown
dog - bevo

fixed

chode_regulator
10-13-2009, 11:11 PM

damn man thanks for the props.
I was thinking when I saw this thread title, why is it the mookie crew. LIke you are some ring leader over us or something. I mean true, because of you I know about this site, and because you were my roommate I was forced to watch Spurs games and became a fan, but I am capable of forming my own thoughts.

rofl
mookie forms the head on spurs issues but not in general. He's fallen far far from grace over the last half decade. He's still living off the hilariousness and legendary antics of the early 00's. Now he's just waiting around for one of us to make it big.

But he is our dad when it comes to being a diehard spursfan. (thispego is like the great-great grandkid.)

true...true

As far as the thread topics go
Zach was funny in Out Cold and I really can't think of anything else other than the Hangover he was in (if he is/was sorry, I just didn't see it so I could give a fuck), so I say jury is out on him bc I thought the hangover was the worst way I've spent my money in a long time. Completely over hyped and over sold and truly not that funny when compared to all time greats. I laughed more times in any given 5 minute segment of Billy Madison than I did throughout all of The Hangover.

As far as the other two topics...I have no idea what you are talking about and really couldn't care less. I have a feeling though that I'm better off not knowing about them.

chode_regulator
10-13-2009, 11:13 PM
groundhog day is a good movie
Can't disagree there.

The real question is who out of the crew is most likely to have a secret m/m experience or would be willing to?

If you knew anything about the mookie crew you wouldn't be asking that question. I'll leave it at that.

The Reckoning
10-13-2009, 11:28 PM
i think these characters would portray jonny quest best

jonny - clay aiken
hadji - kumar
race bannon - anderson cooper
dr quest - reichen lehmkuhl with a beard
dog - reveille

mookie2001
10-14-2009, 12:03 AM
I am capable of forming my own thoughts.
rofl doubtful

chode_regulator
10-14-2009, 12:31 AM
rofl doubtful

:depressed

DPG21920
10-14-2009, 01:11 AM
So does the happy-go-mookie crew really like Bloodsport?

dirk4mvp
10-14-2009, 01:29 AM
the mookie crew adores coldplay.

J.T.
10-14-2009, 03:19 AM
the mookie crew adores coldplay.

i wonder if they know how we know they're gay

leemajors
10-14-2009, 06:58 AM
i think i was eating a flurry from dairy treet the first time i saw bloodsport

timvp
10-14-2009, 07:54 AM
If I had to compare the mookie crew to NBA players:

mookie2001 - Chris Webber
Peaked in 2001 and kinda got more ornery afterward. But when he's on his game, he has a couple of go-to moves that are effective. Finds the open man with deceptively slick passes but is also known for having money he should have paid back. Not quite Hall of Fame status but is still young enough to make a last gasp effort.

CBF - Richard Hamilton
Constantly on the move, he's a tough cover and an underrated offensive threat. He's also good at defense when motivated and shines when things are going well. But if angered or if he feels he's not getting due respect, he becomes a much less tolerable team player. There is also usually an ulterior motive behind the mask.

4cc - Steve Kerr
He lives to snipe. While he isn't known for getting into the mix in the paint, he's a marksman from the edges. It's rare to catch him trying to go mano-a-mano for long stretches but he's a guy you want on your side. Defensively, you don't expect much but sometimes he'll surprise you with a steal out of nowhere.

thispego - Kevin Garnett
Off the court, he's refined and the leader of his team. He's also looked to as the spokesman in both good times and bad. On the court, he has a deadly midrange jumper and is ferocious about protecting the paint. He does tend to pick on the feeble and weak for ish and giggles, but that also is meant to further the overall toughness rep of his team.

chode_regulator - Kevin Willis
When he first entered the league, he was like a bull in a china shop and angered most people in his surroundings. But as he gained experience, he morphed into a rugged and trusted player. Sometimes he doesn't pay attention from the bench but he'll enter the game, put on his elbow pads and start swinging his 'bows where he deems appropriate.

The Reckoning - Ian Mahinmi
He has a good pedigree and the tools to move into a higher echelon but for the time being he is content staying in the shadows. You rarely see him venture out on his own without teammates in tow but eventually it is assumed that he could become an above average contributor with age and experience.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2009, 09:25 AM
I'd compare mookies flash in the pan domination more to shawn kemp, all things considered

mrsmaalox
10-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Which one's the wild card?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Either TheOneAndOnly or Allen Rowe vs Wade

Deion Sanders
10-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Michael Trabtree

Dr. Gonzo
10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Bo Mallete is the secret lynchpin of the group.

Mr. Dictionary
10-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Main Entry: wild card
Function: noun
Etymology: wild card, playing card with arbitrarily determined value
Date: 1971
1 : an unknown or unpredictable factor
2 : one picked to fill a leftover playoff or tournament berth after regularly qualifying competitors have all been determined
3usually wild·card : a symbol (as ? or *) used in a keyword database search to represent the presence of zero, one, or more than one unspecified characters

Bo Malette
10-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Bo Mallete is the secret lynchpin of the group.

My uber strength, speed, Caucasian manliness, and strikingly good looks outweigh all those pussies.

Shit, even Eugen Sandow has my poster, autographed of course, hanging on his wall.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Hey fuckers what about me? Don't forget my homeboy elpimpo1

Oscar DeLa
10-15-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't know what it is but elpimpo3cc is funnier than elpimpo1

chode_regulator
10-15-2009, 12:48 PM

Peaked in 2001 and kinda got more ornery afterward. But when he's on his game, he has a couple of go-to moves that are effective. Finds the open man with deceptively slick passes but is also known for having money he should have paid back. Not quite Hall of Fame status but is still young enough to make a last gasp effort.

CBF - Richard Hamilton
Constantly on the move, he's a tough cover and an underrated offensive threat. He's also good at defense when motivated and shines when things are going well. But if angered or if he feels he's not getting due respect, he becomes a much less tolerable team player. There is also usually an ulterior motive behind the mask.

4cc - Steve Kerr
He lives to snipe. While he isn't known for getting into the mix in the paint, he's a marksman from the edges. It's rare to catch him trying to go mano-a-mano for long stretches but he's a guy you want on your side. Defensively, you don't expect much but sometimes he'll surprise you with a steal out of nowhere.

thispego - Kevin Garnett
Off the court, he's refined and the leader of his team. He's also looked to as the spokesman in both good times and bad. On the court, he has a deadly midrange jumper and is ferocious about protecting the paint. He does tend to pick on the feeble and weak for ish and giggles, but that also is meant to further the overall toughness rep of his team.

When he first entered the league, he was like a bull in a china shop and angered most people in his surroundings. But as he gained experience, he morphed into a rugged and trusted player. Sometimes he doesn't pay attention from the bench but he'll enter the game, put on his elbow pads and start swinging his 'bows where he deems appropriate.

He has a good pedigree and the tools to move into a higher echelon but for the time being he is content staying in the shadows. You rarely see him venture out on his own without teammates in tow but eventually it is assumed that he could become an above average contributor with age and experience.

:lol
awesome write up

thispego
10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
oh timvp we lov your mookie crew thoughts! they're just like your game thoughts but even more brilliant! where is the fellatio emoticon you and kori prmised us?!

timvpluva
10-15-2009, 01:41 PM
oh timvp we lov your mookie crew thoughts! they're just like your game thoughts but even more brilliant! where is the fellatio emoticon you and kori prmised us?!
OMG I agree! I love reading all of timvp's posts! I don't understand why Hoopshype or ESPN doesn't hire him.

And timvp, I'll put up that 215 foot fence for free. Can you just be there to talk to me while I do it? Just me you, and no Kori.

thispego
10-15-2009, 01:42 PM
:lmao

timvp
10-15-2009, 01:42 PM
oh timvp we lov your mookie crew thoughts! They're just like your game thoughts but even more brilliant! Where is the fellatio emoticon you and kori prmised us?!

+1

thispego
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
nah timvp you're cool, which is why i tell you this... watch out for mookie, a little birdie told me there were super secret private pm's exchanged between yo woman and mook. keep your eyes peeled. remain vigilant.

chode_regulator
10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
keep your eyes peeled. remain vigilant.
haha typical Pego speak

thispego
10-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Bitch are you goin this weekend?

John Kerry
10-16-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't know what it is, but Where The Wild Things Are is getting some Life Aquatic-esque reviews.

atxrocker
10-16-2009, 05:26 PM
your eyes peeled. remain vigilant.

:lol

The Reckoning
10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Mookie crew 'bout to be hunted down and reckoned with one by one for ditching me this weekend, and the state fair's gonbe my jungle.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
rofl at the old school pimpo avatar

i bet duncan23230230203999 doesn't even know that was the original one

chode_regulator
10-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Bitch are you goin this weekend?

obviously you know by now, but....no

symple19
10-17-2009, 01:14 PM

CBF - Richard Hamilton

4cc - Steve Kerr

thispego - Kevin Garnett

wah-wah :sleep

mookie2001
10-17-2009, 04:48 PM
reckoning i gave you fair warning

fair warning

The Reckoning
10-17-2009, 05:38 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww