PDA

View Full Version : Slomo Hooks It Up!: Why Slovenians Rule.

MannyIsGod
04-14-2005, 06:30 PM
I got a shipment from Slovenian today. 6 red wine glasses that Slomo got me as a gift for Jessica. They are INCREDIBLE!!! So now Jess has a little bit of Slovenia in her kitchen.

We are currently breaking them in with a Californa Merlot!

Thank You Slomo!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/913758/slovcrys.jpg

T Park
04-14-2005, 06:33 PM
wow that is AWESOME.

Slovenians do rule. :)

ChumpDumper
04-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I am NOT drinking any fucking Merlot!

MannyIsGod
04-14-2005, 06:35 PM
:lmao Classic. Nothing compares to the running man though. Scary yet oh so funny.

T Park
04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Ive got to rent sideways, soooo many people have said its just goddamn hilarious.

Jekka
04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Ive got to rent sideways, soooo many people have said its just goddamn hilarious.

Oh it is. I'm "writing a paper" (i.e. procrastinating and drinking) and listening to Manny watching it again in the other room. I'd definitely recommend it. Be prepared to crave wine afterwards though - stash a bottle of good white in the fridge. I'd recommend some Sistercreek 2002 Chardonnay - it's a local Texas wine and what we're currently drinking and it's awesome.

blackbucket
04-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh it is. I'm "writing a paper" (i.e. procrastinating and drinking) and listening to Manny watching it again in the other room. I'd definitely recommend it. Be prepared to crave wine afterwards though - prepare for it with a bottle of good white in the fridge.

Indeed. Hilarious film. It is now in my top 15 all time.

Slomo
04-14-2005, 10:50 PM
I got a shipment from Slovenian today. 6 red wine glasses that Slomo got me as a gift for Jessica. They are INCREDIBLE!!! So now Jess has a little bit of Slovenia in her kitchen.

Thank You Slomo!

You're welcome!

I hope you scored some serious brownie points with Jessica :eyebrows

SequSpur
04-15-2005, 12:05 AM
wtf did i get?

Zombie Terri Schiavo
04-15-2005, 12:13 AM

When your as thristy as me, you will.

mouse
04-15-2005, 12:32 AM
^RACK^ Slomo

Those glasses will be perfect for Manny since he likes to whine alot :lmao

Hey Slomo if you can ship wine glasses, can you send over some pills, or speed from your country? Just curious.
Thanks.

Ps:I am in the middle of a 3 way deal on the Rasho Jersey, If you can wait till the end of NBA season I can save $ Big $ time since I am trading a Moss jersey I can get more during NFL season for it. Please make sure you e mail me.
thanks bro.

Smackie Chan
04-15-2005, 02:38 AM
Psssssst! ...Manny, you ever heard of Walmart?
You should , Your greasy Mexican ass should be employee of the month by now..., :lmao

Ozzy
04-15-2005, 06:06 AM
Note to Slomo: Wouldn't it be better if you send some quality Slovenian wine instead. Oh wait, we want to keep that to ourselves... Good job.

Taco
04-15-2005, 07:33 AM

Can you put beer in them?!?!?! :drunk

samikeyp
04-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Slomo Rules.

IX_Equilibrium
04-15-2005, 08:36 AM
I'd recommend some Sistercreek 2002 Chardonnay - it's a local Texas wine and what we're currently drinking and it's awesome.

I just went to Sistercreek this past Monday. I tried their Reserve Texas 2000 and it is amazing.

It is a blend of 53% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, and 11% Petite Sirah.

I bought a bottle and can't wait to drink it. It is the best Texas wine that I have tasted.

Jekka
04-15-2005, 10:04 AM
I just went to Sistercreek this past Monday. I tried their Reserve Texas 2000 and it is amazing.

It is a blend of 53% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, and 11% Petite Sirah.

I bought a bottle and can't wait to drink it. It is the best Texas wine that I have tasted.

I bought a bottle of their Reserve Muscat Canelli - it's chilling in the fridge for a hot day - one of my favorite dessert wines ever - I was really impressed with their whites, but Torre di Petra has better reds. You should try and stop by there next time you're out doing wineries - it's off 290 past Grape Creek a couple miles East, the sign's pretty visible. We liked the Red Flirt and the Claret.

IX_Equilibrium
04-15-2005, 10:16 AM
I bought a bottle of their Reserve Muscat Canelli - it's chilling in the fridge for a hot day - one of my favorite dessert wines ever - I was really impressed with their whites, but Torre di Petra has better reds. You should try and stop by there next time you're out doing wineries - it's off 290 past Grape Creek a couple miles East, the sign's pretty visible. We liked the Red Flirt and the Claret.

I did like the wines at Torre di Petra, and I even bought a bottle of their Merlot. We also had a glass of their Cab their in the outside area. Overall, their reds may be better, but no reds I tasted that day compared to the bottle I mentioned from Sister Creek.

I didn't like any of the Grape Creek Wines. I sampled their reds and a Riesling, and was really unimpressed.

Slomo
04-15-2005, 11:04 AM

Can you put beer in them?!?!?! :drunk Why?

The bottle not good enough for you?

:lol

MannyIsGod
04-15-2005, 11:05 AM
I did like the wines at Torre di Petra, and I even bought a bottle of their Merlot. We also had a glass of their Cab their in the outside area. Overall, their reds may be better, but no reds I tasted that day compared to the bottle I mentioned from Sister Creek.

I didn't like any of the Grape Creek Wines. I sampled their reds and a Riesling, and was really unimpressed.
I like the Torre di Pietra wines better but I did enjoy everything at Sister Creek except their Pinot. My favorite wine of the day was Torre's Claret. The service at Sister Creek was awesome as well. Did you do the fuck buck tasting there?

But Grape Creek. Oh, man. The wine there was HORRIBLE. The service was HORRIBLE. I don't see a reason to ever go back there again. It was just gross.

We also went to Becker that day, and they were unimpresive. What other wineries have you gone to out there?

Taco
04-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Why?

The bottle not good enough for you?

No, I just want to be a sophisticated beer drinker :lol

MannyIsGod
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM

Shelly
04-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Hmmm...I wonder if those glasses were made in China....:spin

Manny and Jekka--go to Costco's liquor store (You do not have to be a member to buy from it). They have a pretty good selection with decent prices.

IX_Equilibrium
04-15-2005, 02:30 PM
I like the Torre di Pietra wines better but I did enjoy everything at Sister Creek except their Pinot. My favorite wine of the day was Torre's Claret. The service at Sister Creek was awesome as well. Did you do the fuck buck tasting there?

But Grape Creek. Oh, man. The wine there was HORRIBLE. The service was HORRIBLE. I don't see a reason to ever go back there again. It was just gross.

We also went to Becker that day, and they were unimpresive. What other wineries have you gone to out there?

fuck buck?? I don't read ya. Anyway, I agree that the service was excellent at Sister Creek.

Anyway, we also went to Becker. The service and wine were good there in my opinion. They also has the most impressive grounds to walk around on.

There was another winery around Stonewall that I wanted to go to , but it was only opened Thurs -Sun.

So in all I went to Sister Creek, Grape Creek, Torre, and Becker. Grape Creek is the only one I wouldn't go back to.

MannyIsGod
04-15-2005, 02:38 PM
FIVE buck.

Talk about a bad typo

SpursWoman
04-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Slomo does rule! :p

I hate wine...........but I love those glasses. I guess you drink a good vodka cranberry from it.... :drunk :lol

IX_Equilibrium
04-15-2005, 03:05 PM
FIVE buck.

Talk about a bad typo

Hahaha, no shit!

Anyway, we took the free three complementary wine tasting, and then paid 2.50 for a half glass of the Texas Reserve 2000.

Solid D
04-15-2005, 03:08 PM

"breaking in" glass is wack imagery. Dude, you break in shoes, man.. not glass! :hat

Slomo
04-15-2005, 07:52 PM
No, I just want to be a sophisticated beer drinker :lol

You don't need those glasses - drink from the bottle and keep you pinky finger stretched out - that's as sophisticated you can be while drinking beer :)