PDA

View Full Version : Seau back again

DBryant88
10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Seau to help Patriots' linebacker corpsComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

Linebacker Junior Seau, whose return to the New England Patriots has been long-anticipated, made it official Tuesday, according to a news release from Versus.

Seau, who has been shooting episodes for his show, "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau," on the network, will provide depth and leadership at linebacker, where the Patriots have had a run of injuries. Versus said the show will debut Dec. 2 as planned.

Seau, a 12-time Pro Bowl player, came out of retirement last year to play the final four games with the Patriots after playing 27 games with them in 2006 and 2007. He said this fall that he would be willing to return to play, but only for New England.

He likely will make this season's debut Sunday at home against the Tennessee Titans, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported last week. The Patriots will have to make a roster move to accommodate Seau on their 53-man roster.

"I'm very fortunate and honored to be involved with two class organizations -- the New England Patriots and Versus," Seau said in the statement. "I want to thank the management of both for making my return to the NFL with the New England Patriots a reality."

Coach Bill Belichick, when asked about Seau's reported signing during a conference call Tuesday afternoon, said: "We don't have anything to say about it."

MajorMike
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
In other words, they be a hurting.

DBryant88
10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
pretty much they will take anybody off the street or in this case they peel seau off the street because he has just been run over by a bull

IronMexican
10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
He's not retiring, just graduating.

monosylab1k
10-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Kinda surprising. Linebacker hasn't been as big an issue as I thought it would be. Gary Guyton has been absolutely fantastic, and Mayo is solid & will take the defense to another level once he's healthy. Adalius Thomas has been pretty mediocre this season, maybe this is to light a fire under his ass.

Depthwise they're thin but I didn't think they were this thin. I think this is to get Adalius to do something besides get pancaked on blitzes or tackle a tight end 15 yards downfield that he was supposed to cover.

Warlord23
10-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Coattail-rider-jinx alert

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I hope Monos is right. I don't want this guy playing a ton, and Thomas does need to step up, he's been a bust so far on NE.