PDA

View Full Version : Rondo or parker?

duncanCOSTARICA
10-13-2009, 03:31 PM
in the best point guard talk sport writers give a lot of credit to cp3, DW andd...Rajon Rondo is sometimes a lot more apreciated than TP9???

I know spurs like to be out of the picture and low profiled on this kind of talk but what do you think??

TP IS WAY BETTER THAN rondo!!!!

:owned:owned

xellos88330
10-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Parker. Rondo doesn't have a consistent jumper.

Allanon
10-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Rondo is better defensively, rebounding and has better size.

But only crazy people would say Rondo is better than Tony.

sonic21
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
i'd take Rondo in a heartbeat

noob cake
10-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Most overrated PG at the moment vs Tony Parker.

Let me think about that.

lefty
10-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Pardo !!!!!

hater
10-13-2009, 03:48 PM
a more reasonable comparison would be

Rondo vs. Hill

lefty
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Rondo really impressed me during the 2009 playoffs, he was a stud

But man, Parker is quicker and is a much better outside shooter.

Muser
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Rondo had one good series, I could name at least 8 other PG I would rather have.

lefty
10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Jacques Vaughn !

The Gist!!!!!!!!

it's me
10-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Is that even discussable? Rondo of course.

TIMMYD!
10-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Is that even discussable? Rondo of course.

Are you kidding!!!!!?

Dex
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Parker.

I. Hustle
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Is white chocolate still available? If so, then J Dub for me.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Rondo's a guy who can light up a team when he's playing with three guys that defenders don't want to double off of. Parker's a guy who can do it on his own. It was shown at the start of last season when Parker was pretty much running the show for the Spurs. Meanwhile Boston got off to a rough start at least in part because teams showed up having game planned for Rondo. Rondo's got the edge defensively, but not nearly enough to put him ahead of Parker overall.

jason1301
10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
i like both, TP is the better PG at the moment. I think Hill has the potential to be a rondo type of player.

bostonguy
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>Rondo and it isn't even close. Rondo needs to work on his J.

portnoy1
10-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I like rondo alot, but he may be overrated cause of who he is playing with. Rondo can - pass/steal/rebound and such. He may not have a good jumper but he makes sure to have all the other parts of his game on a decent-to high level. Parker can - score at will and is an average passer, arguably the fastest PG in the league. Rondo needs to seriously improve on his jumpshot to be considered Top 3. Thats the knock on him, and it has been for a while. TP on the otherhand is known for shoot-first ask questions/pass-second. This season will show if Parker can really handle a team with weapons. Putting the other big 2 aside, RJ and DICE+Mason Jr. can help TP rack up assist. RJ likes to run so Parker can get assist off him. Dice has a mid-range jumper and a one-dribble post up game, Parker can get assist off that as well. And last Roger can shoot the open 3 in transition or the halfcourt which will give Parker another opportunity for an assist. If TP simply moves the ball around hell rack up assist like crazy. If he dribbles around alot, then he'll have to be taken out of that top 3 PG slot that most like to put him in. Rondo aint there and to me Parker is knocking on the door for that 3 spot.

WildcardManu
10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Why is this even a question? Parker > Rondo

Bukefal
10-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Rondo is good, but come on TP is way better!

coyotes_geek
10-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Why is this even a question? Parker > Rondo

It's only a question because Rondo plays for the Celtics. Put Rondo on another team and no one even thinks about asking who's better between the two.

Chieflion
10-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Of course it is Rondo. He has a rating of 87 on 2k10, a mid range jumper better than Joe Johnson with a 79 to 72.

TIMMYD!
10-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Of course it is Rondo. He has a rating of 87 on 2k10, a mid range jumper better than Joe Johnson with a 79 to 72.

That's an insult to Joe Johnson's jumper.

Chieflion
10-13-2009, 06:24 PM
That's an insult to Joe Johnson's jumper.
You just have to know that Rondo is the best PG of all time, no arguments needed.

Pauleta14
10-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Parker on O >>>> Rondo on O
Rondo on D >>>>>>>> Parker on D

Once again TP's D is underated... :bang

Do you all think Pop puts him on the team only for his offense?
I mean, even if he doesn't gamble on steals, or wait at the FT spot to take a defensive rebond (the way cp3 does all the time), with his speed he is ALWAYS where he has to be on the floor and the spurs defend as a team!
+ when it realy matter (PO), he is putting way much intensity on D (we have all seen that again and again!)

Rondo's D is better, but not that much!!! (maybe only one ">" :lol)

TwinTowers
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Rondo is better defensively, but is too inconsistent on offense. Right now Parker if the better overall player

jdev82
10-13-2009, 07:25 PM

did you watch bulls-celts? rondo is one of the worst defenders in the nba at his position. dont beleive everything espn tells you.

TwinTowers
10-13-2009, 07:45 PM
did you watch bulls-celts? rondo is one of the worst defenders in the nba at his position. dont beleive everything espn tells you.

He gambles a lot and has a tendency to reach on D but I still think he's better that Parker only on that aspect of the game

coyotes_geek
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
He gambles a lot and has a tendency to reach on D but I still think he's better that Parker only on that aspect of the game

Agreed.

gospursgojas
10-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Parker.

Rondo's O is overrated
And Tony's D is underrated.

Oh yeah Tony has 3 rings, Rondo 1

carrao45
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Stupid thread. Parker

Pauleta14
10-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Rondo and Parker, defensively, aren't even comparable.[/quote]

I'm ok with that...

But it's not like TP was useless on the defensive end...
I understand that you'd like to see more intensity/heart(?) in his defense, but he is smart enough to realise that the season is a marathon where you have to use all your energy wisely, and the spurs staff understand that also, (that's why our stars are among those who play the less min/game even if healthy...)
It's when PO comes that you have to be at 100% on both end of the court, and TP does that, you like it or not
+ The offense is part of the defense, the more exausted the opposit PG is running after you, the less energy and lucidity he has to be effective on his offense...

SpurCharger
10-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Depends what Your Lookin For..... Rondo has way Better Defense, and Is A Better rebounder..... Parker is A Better Scorer, and can Take Control of a Ball Game.....

Very Close, But id Take Parker....

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2009, 09:25 PM
rondo doesnt have a jumpshot i believe....

then again didnt he outplay parker last season h2h...

but i wouldnt take a guy serious for taking a picture with lolskates

SouthTexasRancher
10-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Parker = 3 rings

Rondo = 1 ring

But, I am looking forward to a great series between the Celtics and Spurs in the 2009/2010 NBA Finals. It's gonna be a great 7 game series. TD vs KG will be classic!

angelbelow
10-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Parker.

peskypesky
10-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Parker. Not even close.

Dave McNulla
10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
that's funny. bill simmons said this off-season that he thought the teams should trade these players straight up. then again, simmons is a celtics fan - that says he wants the celtics to get the better end of the trade.

Allanon
10-14-2009, 04:00 AM
http://208.101.19.88/coolbuddy/PictureGallery/2_hotmodels_onthebeach.jpg

They look like they're having fun.

Macca76
10-14-2009, 06:37 AM
No, if anything... people don't realize how terrible he is at it.

Yes...

The thing is, yeah, he doesn't get steals/gamble... but he doesn't even keep his man in front of him anyway, so he should perhaps gamble more -- as to not be totally useless on defense.

Rondo and Parker, defensively, aren't even comparable.

Everybody knows you're a Parker hater and your answers only confirm this state of fact day after day. Hopefully, Pop is the spurs coach and you aren't.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-14-2009, 06:59 AM
Rondo is a fine player and still has a lot of improvement in him (remember how poor TP's jumper was until 3-4 years ago? and how TP has added something new to his game each year he's played), but it isn't even close. TP is in the top 3 PGs on the planet with CP3 and DWill, because each of those guys completely dominate games regularly. Rajon is still second tier to those 3, although he may be in that group one day if he continues to improve as TP has through every year of his career.

I'm fascinated to see how TP's game will change this year as he takes over more responsibility for play calling from Pop and runs a bit freer. Should be fascinating.

Rondo's a guy who can light up a team when he's playing with three guys that defenders don't want to double off of. Parker's a guy who can do it on his own. It was shown at the start of last season when Parker was pretty much running the show for the Spurs. Meanwhile Boston got off to a rough start at least in part because teams showed up having game planned for Rondo. Rondo's got the edge defensively, but not nearly enough to put him ahead of Parker overall.

:tu

:lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-14-2009, 07:02 AM
No, if anything... people don't realize how terrible he is at it.

Yes...

The thing is, yeah, he doesn't get steals/gamble... but he doesn't even keep his man in front of him anyway, so he should perhaps gamble more -- as to not be totally useless on defense.

Rondo and Parker, defensively, aren't even comparable.

When did you start watching the Spurs? Rondo is more consistent defensively, but I've seen TP turn up his D to a high level in numerous important regualr seasons games and playoff series, most notably the 2007 Finals when he was made MVP.

Each NBA player, fit as they are, has a limited quantity of energy to spend in a basketball game. TP is generally called on to spend most of his on getting beaten up going to the hole, but when he needs to turn it up at the end end he can.

kace
10-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Pardo !!!!!

the former player of the Olympique de Marseille, the french soccer club ?

http://www.om4ever.com/JoueursSmall/Pardo.jpg

bus driver
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM
who the fuck is rondo???
is that the lead singer of U2?

completely deck
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Yup, people have been discussing whether they want the lead singer of the band U2 or Tony Parker.

portnoy1
10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Rondo has only completed his 3rd year of play. He can do alot of things, Pass/Steal/Rebound and is athletic and Runs a good show on the Floor. Parker in his 3rd year ( 2003-04 ) had a good year but not anywhere near the year Rondo had. Parker was fast and could score, but his passing was in question and a few other areas as well. If Rondo Develops a consistent jumpshot he'll eat Parker alive, cause thats really the only thing holding him back from being top 5. Parker has alot to handle as the only consistent scorer on the team. However he is not bad defensively, he is just average. He D's up when he really needs to ( Nash 2005 WCF ). Rondo gets rebounds cause he runs to the glass after a missed shot. That bit the team in the rear a few times cause when no one got the offensive rebound the other team would get a layup cause the guards ( Rondo ) weren't back defending the rim. If Parker were to do what Rondo did last year; we would have covered Bonner's shortcomings in the Boards department. Unfortunately thats not Part of Parkers game. Parker as of now has proved that he is a better player than Rondo; However Parker has 9years under his belt and Rondo 3. Rondo is a more complete player than parker was in his 3rd year.

lefty
10-14-2009, 01:08 PM

OMG ! :wow

I forgot about him...........aaah the days of Francescoli, JPP, Amoros......

Pauleta14
10-14-2009, 03:28 PM

:lmao

I would say "Pardon" fits better...

Agloco
10-14-2009, 03:34 PM

This. There's more upside to Tony in general. But.....

If you want defense, go with Rondo. If you need a creator and points on the board, go with Parker.

101A
10-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>Rondo and it isn't even close. Rondo needs to work on his J.

/thread

afireinside20
10-14-2009, 04:24 PM
FAIL Thread! Close this shit. Hands down it's Parker.