PDA

View Full Version : Question about texting

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
OK...I'm not a big texter...I receive them but never send them.

I just got one that says "70650 pls press send to call"

What the fuck is that about? Junk mail?

I. Hustle
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Sorry bud I only know about SEXting

mrsmaalox
10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Sorry bud I only know about SEXting

Are you the receiver or the sender?

sonic21
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM
spam?

ashbeeigh
10-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Google is your friend. http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-504-5718

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Google is your friend. http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-504-5718

Thanks Ash...but the deal is, I don't have a Citi credit card...and before you say "well, maybe they are servicing another card" I don't have ANY credit cards...none...(except gas cards that are through the majors and they don't have my mobile number). I carry a bank debit card and cash and if I don't have the money to buy something I don't buy it. Despite the assurances on that blog I think it's a scam. If it's not, fuck em. If they want to talk to me they can pick up the fucking phone and call me.

PM5K
10-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Either phishing or your number used to belong to someone that had a CITI account.

exstatic
10-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks Ash...but the deal is, I don't have a Citi credit card...and before you say "well, maybe they are servicing another card" I don't have ANY credit cards...none...(except gas cards that are through the majors and they don't have my mobile number). I carry a bank debit card and cash and if I don't have the money to buy something I don't buy it. Despite the assurances on that blog I think it's a scam. If it's not, fuck em. If they want to talk to me they can pick up the fucking phone and call me.
Financially sound, but you're leaving money on the table. Rather than debiting everything, run it through a rewards card and pay off the balance each month. My sister is a richer like you, and between Delta rewards and her Amex card, she probably hasn't bought an airline ticket in 10 years or more for her entire family of four.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Financially sound, but you're leaving money on the table. Rather than debiting everything, run it through a rewards card and pay off the balance each month. My sister is a richer like you, and between Delta rewards and her Amex card, she probably hasn't bought an airline ticket in 10 years or more for her entire family of four.

Sound advice, but you don't know my wife...I am much safer with her having her own account and her own debit card...:lol

ashbeeigh
10-13-2009, 07:35 PM

Interesting. Wait for your cell phone bill to come and see if you have some freaky charges for anything. That happened to me once for some ringtone account that I never ever signed up for.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Interesting. Wait for your cell phone bill to come and see if you have some freaky charges for anything. That happened to me once for some ringtone account that I never ever signed up for.

uhhh...are you insinuating that I can send someone a text that they don't answer or respond to and make money off of it?

If so, I am in the wrong fucking business. I actually have to do something to get paid.

ashbeeigh
10-13-2009, 09:04 PM
uhhh...are you insinuating that I can send someone a text that they don't answer or respond to and make money off of it?

If so, I am in the wrong fucking business. I actually have to do something to get paid.

It was 2007. Don't expect me to remember the whole experience play by play. I just know the charges ended up on my account and I got them taken off.

florige
10-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I get weird text's all the time with the senders # being only like 4 digits or something and the text itself just being alot of jibberish. I just ignore them. I have never been charged extra for anything either.

PM5K
10-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah you have to respond to those to get charged.

Soul_Patch
10-14-2009, 09:40 AM
you probably need to call them ASAP and let them know your SSN, Bank account number and pin. They are just trying to help. You dont want to delay though, as they wont be able to help you without that information.

The nigerians text me the same thing when i was working out the details on the money they are sending me. its definately legit.