PDA

View Full Version : Totally free tickets to tomorrow's game

Sham
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Hello.

Considering that this is my first post on this site, the following message like look like it's some kind of illicit spam-based japery. But it isn't. It's legitimate.

My name is Sham and I run ShamSports.com (http://www.shamsports.com), the site that Bruno often cites as being the best NBA salary resource on the web. I also wrote a guest post for 48 Minutes Of Hell (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/09/04/sham-on-the-spurs-cap/) a few weeks back, turning some bad jokes about Brian Cook into an overview of the Spurs salary cap situation. I am hoping that these two things will be enough to convince you all that I'm not here to date rape you or something.

By mistake, I have managed to land myself two tickets to tomorrow night's preseason game versus the Clippers. And I don't want them. Here's the thing; I'm an idiot.

In the midst of tweeting an assortment of wisearse comments during tonight's Bucks vs Bulls preseason game, I noticed that Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin) had posted a trivia question:

There are 4 players in the history of the nba to score 50+ points w/ 3 different teams name 3 of the 4.

Because of pure luck, I happened to know that off by heart, and Tweeted back to him instantaneously:

@blakegriffin I can do you one better; Bernard King, Wilt Chamberlain, Moses Malone, and Jamal Crawford of all people.

I was pleased with myself, like any man sitting up at 3am answering trivia questions would be.

Little did I know that Blake's question was actually part of a competition to win tickets to the Clippers/Spurs preseason game tomorrow. In my overzealous nerdity, I'd not read the fact that it was a competition, and yet I'd actually won the bastard. (It's a rare and special day that you win a competition you didn't even know you were taking part in.)

Blake announced my accidental triumph with this follow-up tweet:

Congrats to @ShamSports decided to over achieve and name all 4. DM me your name.

As anyone who has read my profile will notice, I live in England, which is about twenty jillion miles away from San Antonio. So this presents a problem. The tickets are no good to me, and so now I had a choice. I could either;

a) Locate, quickly, someone willing and able to take these tickets off of me.

b) Admit to Blake Griffin that I'm a stupid fool who just scuppered his competition with prizes, because I didn't realise it was a competition with prizes.

Whoops.

Due to the deep shame that B would bring, I have gone for plan A, and am willing to give the tickets to anyone who wants them. Unfortuantely, I don't know anyone in Texas, let alone in San Antonio, so now I've resorted to having to give them away to random people. Worse still, I have to do this very quickly, which allows no time to get picky.

So if anyone from San Antonio has nothing to do tomorrow and wants free tickets to a bad preseason game, then either respond here, email me at my website, or both. And please do it quickly, because I need your real name in order to pacify Blake Griffin and save my own face.

:depressed

(It's first come first serve, of course.)

Dro210
10-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Sent an email and a PM

ulosturedge
10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I would take you up on it, but i'll be busy tomorrow around that time...

Spursmania
10-13-2009, 11:00 PM
I like you Sham-you're funny... Hope someone can help you out. I am sure someone in SA will be able to go. Would probably help if the tickets can be picked up at roll call.

Good Luck...

I. Hustle
10-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Is this like the UK lottery? I will let you know if I can make it once I hear from the Nigerian guvernmint

pensive
10-13-2009, 11:03 PM
I PMed you, Sham...I would love to take the tickets off of your hands...:flag:

timvp
10-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Cool story.

Welcome, Sham.

Sham
10-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Sent an email and a PM

Dude, you're probably going to kill me, but someone got in there just before you. Sorry about that. I'll understand it if you never want to talk to me again.

angelbelow
10-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Welcome, hope you stick around, I dont live in SA but I'm sure many fans here will jump on it.

ivanfromwestwood
10-13-2009, 11:22 PM
single dad here wants to take his 5 year old boy to first game. will post pics to show how much fun we have. pleeeeeease. pm'ed you

never mind. late as always. thanks again. hope you stick around and post from time to time. take care bud.

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2009, 11:24 PM
oi sham

u the guy that sells towels yeh?

http://open.salon.com/files/shamman1237667734.bmp

Sham
10-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Sorry to say to Ivan, pensive and Dro that the tickets have already been taken. Sorry about that. I prejudiced against nobody, and stuck to the first-come-first-serve system, and sadly someone else got in there first. Don't hate me.

Samr
10-13-2009, 11:27 PM
oi sham

WOW... that's just low dude

jaffies
10-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I posted this post in the "DeJuan Blair facts" thread, but I was boxed-out into this thread.

ivanfromwestwood
10-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Sorry to say to Ivan, pensive and Dro that the tickets have already been taken. Sorry about that. I prejudiced against nobody, and stuck to the first-come-first-serve system, and sadly someone else got in there first. Don't hate me.no way bud. im gonna make it happen eventually. just can never free up money. besides he was always too young to understand but now hes a little bit more interested. no hate here.:toast thats what i get for checking my myspace.lol

Sham
10-13-2009, 11:33 PM
If you're going to take him to a game, this probably isn't the best option anyway. Anthony Roberson and Curtis Jerrells will be going head to head for 15 minutes. That's not an educational experience for any youngster, really. Make it a good one instead.

Dro210
10-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Dude, you're probably going to kill me, but someone got in there just before you. Sorry about that. I'll understand it if you never want to talk to me again.

haha no worries man, it's all good

hopefully you stick around and post more here, you're a pretty funny guy

Flux451
10-13-2009, 11:34 PM
oi sham

aaaaallllllllrighty then

ivanfromwestwood
10-13-2009, 11:35 PM
WOW... that's just low dude lol look what i found. so off topic. PtKtMDqVHmI

ivanfromwestwood
10-13-2009, 11:37 PM
If you're going to take him to a game, this probably isn't the best option anyway. Anthony Roberson and Curtis Jerrells will be going head to head for 15 minutes. That's not an educational experience for any youngster, really. Make it a good one instead.truer words were never spoken. lol

Blackjack
10-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I posted this post in the "DeJuan Blair facts" thread, but I was boxed-out into this thread.

:lmao

That's sooo full of win.:lol

Welcome to the board, Sham.

Don't be a stranger.

ivanfromwestwood
10-13-2009, 11:40 PM
lolololololol. and this.wtf??? the love youtube.8YuyhXwLtPg&NR=1

Sham
10-13-2009, 11:40 PM
For the record, I've never beaten a hooker THAT badly.

Blackjack
10-13-2009, 11:43 PM
^^I won't hold it against you.:tu

gospursgojas
10-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Off subject....

Great site sham.

One thing that stands out looking at salaries.

Why the eff is jermaine oneal the 2nd highest paid player next year??? And only by like 15 bucks to Kobe. And yes more than Tim

ivanfromwestwood
10-13-2009, 11:45 PM
ok timpv im so sorry. this stuff is just too funny. last one before the lock. take care sham.RBJvhZ_keZo&NR=1