PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Mother Burns Kids Alive

desflood
10-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Tuesday, October 13, 2009

DETROIT — A woman intentionally set a fire at her boyfriend's mobile home in suburban Detroit, killing two of her young children while fleeing with a third, a prosecutor said Tuesday in filing murder charges.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy did not specify a motive, saying only that Sharon Hinojosa "knowingly left the children who were not fathered by her boyfriend."

Hinojosa, 29, was charged with arson, second-degree murder and felony murder, which is murder committed during another crime. The maximum penalty is life in prison.

"This should send chills up the spine of every person. I can't imagine the abject horror of the last seconds of their young lives," Worthy said.

She said Hinojosa set the fire around 3 a.m. Friday in Huron Township, about 20 miles southwest of Detroit, killing daughter Alayna Hinojosa, 3, and son Anthony Hinojosa, 4. Hinojosa escaped with a 1-year-old son, Worthy said, while Alayna and Anthony remained trapped inside.

"I cannot tell you how disgusting this case has been. ... It has to be one of the worst ways to die," the prosecutor said.

Hinojosa, meanwhile, was in a hospital after drinking rubbing alcohol. Worthy would not provide details about how or when it happened, but Hinojosa has been in custody since the weekend.

Her attorney, Mike Granzeier, declined to comment on the case.

Hinojosa's arraignment was not immediately set. A judge may have to conduct it at the hospital, Huron Township Police Chief Greg Hinzmann said. Her condition was not disclosed but is not considered life-threatening.

A neighbor, Joe Dickes, said he tried to rescue the children, first through the door and then through windows, but flames were too intense.

"We heard the screams inside. There was nothing we could do," he said, referring to himself and another neighbor.

"Sharon was running up and down the street. She didn't care," Dickes recalled. "She said, 'I couldn't wake them up.' Come on, you can throw them out the door."

"I couldn't wake them up." Oh. My. Fucking. God.

NoOptionB
10-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Eye for an eye.

For the defense attorney too.

Trainwreck2100
10-13-2009, 11:34 PM
post partum depression aka woman killing kids get out of jail free card in 3.....2.......1

mookie2001
10-14-2009, 12:06 AM
for the defense attorney too
yeaaaaah dogg

xellos88330
10-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Death Penalty. Even if she were telling the truth, someone that dumb doesn't deserve to live.

travis2
10-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Preferably in the same fashion in which she killed her kids.

travis2
10-14-2009, 06:23 AM
There's gross humor...and then there's just pure lack of class.

lefty
10-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Oh man, that's horrible :depressed

JamStone
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
WTF! What is wrong with people???

LnGrrrR
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Wow, pretty jacked up. Cases like these I just don't think I could take if I were a defense lawyer. And yes, I would probably be a pretty poor defense lawyer :lol

Thunder Dan
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
http://www.myspace.com/20916207

looks like she signed into myspace on the 12th

Thunder Dan
10-14-2009, 11:03 AM
found this in her myspace pictures:

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/22/l_43be2beab4c1cd46ec6c6257d404cad4.jpg

balli
10-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Eye for an eye.
Yes. Though I say abolish the death penalty in most cases, for things like this, we need something worse.

No. Everyone has right to a defense.

DarkReign
10-14-2009, 12:02 PM

So she isnt entitled to her Constitutional rights anymore?

MaNuMaNiAc
10-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Everyone bitches about defense lawyers... until they need one. Its pretty fucking pathetic.

Summers
10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I used to read things like this out of morbid curiosity but I'm beginning to get really disgusted and nauseated by things like this. Especially now that I have kids. Not to get all deep, but I look at my sweet boys and I think every single baby deserves someone to love him and it makes me want to puke when I think about all the bad parenting out there.

I. Hustle
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I used to read things like this out of morbid curiosity but I'm beginning to get really disgusted and nauseated by things like this. Especially now that I have kids. Not to get all deep, but I look at my sweet boys and I think every single baby deserves someone to love him and it makes me want to puke when I think about all the bad parenting out there.

No joke. I see my baby girl and I can't even imagine anything happening to her. These people really mess me up when I think of those poor babies and how they had no chance at experiencing life.

nuclearfm
10-14-2009, 03:45 PM
This is pretty heinous if she did set this fire indeed. We don't need to start any witch hunts now. There is a case in TX that was tried like this, now evidence shows the man was likely innocent.

Dr. Gonzo
10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
the trick is to wrap them in foil and cook them over a pan of water

lol

That's why you are one of the top posters here.

ShoogarBear
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
This is pretty heinous if she did set this fire indeed. We don't need to start any witch hunts now. There is a case in TX that was tried like this, now evidence shows the man was likely innocent.

Damn those defense lawyers. Always gettin' in the way of a good mob lynchin'.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Dr. Gonzo's avatar makes me laugh.