PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Support the Troops by Cutting VA Benefits

JohnnyMarzetti
04-14-2005, 08:07 PM
So much for supporting the troops
Legislation the senate didn't pass in reguards to the troops...

To ensure that a Federal employee who takes leave without pay in order to perform service as a member of the uniformed services or member of the National Guard shall continue to receive pay in an amount which when taken together with the pay and allowances such individual is receiving for such service, will be no less than the basic pay such individual would then be receiving if no interruption in employment had occurred. ..... Rejected

To provide $1,975,183,000 for medical care for veterans. .... Rejected

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/vote_menu_109_1.htm

When the repugs say support the troops they really mean don't question the illegitimate bush's failed policy.

The votes don't lie. Why isn't the liberal media all over this?

mookie2001
04-14-2005, 08:19 PM
all that doesnt matter
what matters is if you have one of those yellow "support our troops" ribbons on your tahoe

well i guess they can also be placed on yukons and suburbans, escalades too

Useruser666
04-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Uh, if I was in the guard and left my work for duty they wouldn't pay me a dime. How many companies match the difference in your salary to your guard pay? Maybe the government is cutting this back. I'm sure it sucks if your in the guard and hold a government job, but I guess the people who don't already get this benefit don't really care. I wonder what the figures are for guardsmen who hold government jobs vs. private sector?

RobinsontoDuncan
04-14-2005, 08:58 PM
did you know that until recently the Bush white house was not allowing reservist who came back from Iraq with one leg to recieve medical treatment in VA hospitals User? only after public outcry was this policy changed.

Useruser666
04-14-2005, 09:07 PM
did you know that until recently the Bush white house was not allowing reservist who came back from Iraq with one leg to recieve medical treatment in VA hospitals User? only after public outcry was this policy changed.

I'd like to see some background on this.

Guru of Nothing
04-14-2005, 09:18 PM
How many companies match the difference in your salary to your guard pay?

The company I work for does. I don't know the total figures, but over the past few years there have been six employees who had their difference in salaries matched, in my local office, when on active duty. In fact, I think they got the match even while serving their annual two-weeks.

It might be more common than you think.

Useruser666
04-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, I will ask someone that I know who could give me some more info and I'll post it later.

Clandestino
04-15-2005, 08:43 AM
The company I work for does. I don't know the total figures, but over the past few years there have been six employees who had their difference in salaries matched, in my local office, when on active duty. In fact, I think they got the match even while serving their annual two-weeks.

It might be more common than you think.

it depends on your worth to the company...