PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else thinks Blair might be your favourite Spur?

Kamnik
10-14-2009, 07:13 AM
I have been a Spur's fans since Rasho came to San Antonio.

But in all the years I didn't have a clear cut favourite player. I always had 3 or even more players that I liked equally before.

But the style Blair plays with is just how I like to see a player play and I also like to play like that myself. (allthough with 1/10000 of his skill :lol )

I haven't been so excited for the start of the regular season in years!

Bukefal
10-14-2009, 08:17 AM
My favorite remains TP, but I can really see how he could be a favorite spur for many fans. He is a great player, we are very lucky that we could get him and we have so high expectations of him. I hope it works out well and that he gets alot of minutes, so that he can show off what we expect of this wonderful player. It's still early to say, but I guess its gonna be good

I agree, the excitement for this season is very very high, we had a wonderful summer!!!

Bukefal
10-14-2009, 08:18 AM
double post :wow

DBMethos
10-14-2009, 08:27 AM
He is already one of my favorites but he'll never replace the Big 3 (or 4, including Bowen).

boutons_deux
10-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Seems like a nice, reasonable, healthy guy, but let's see him in NBA games before he's canonized and HoFed

silverblackfan
10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
My all-time favorite is still David. Although, Timmy gets closer every year for being such great, but humble player. After Timmy, its a toss up between Tony and Manu. Hell, it's like picking your favorite kid, you just can't. Each player has something you like about them the most. Timmy for his consistent dominance, Manu for his energy and heart, Tony for his speed and lately, his killer instinct.
Blair needs to play a lot more before moving into the favorite category, but I do admire his skills and hustle. I can see him eventually overtaking Malik in my pantheon of heroes...

peskypesky
10-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Blair is my fave right now. I love an underdog. He's like Rocky. No on thought he could do it, since he's 6'6" and has no ACL's, but he's made it to the NBA, and he's playing with a confidence and ferocity that is very exciting. Can't wait for the season to start to see him tearing it up.

BruceBowenFan
10-14-2009, 09:13 AM
I'll buy his jersey.

rogcl1
10-14-2009, 09:22 AM

But in all the years I didn't have a clear cut favourite player. I always had 3 or even more players that I liked equally before.

But the style Blair plays with is just how I like to see a player play and I also like to play like that myself. (allthough with 1/10000 of his skill :lol )

Well, it wouldn't take much to be an upgrade over Rasho.

SenorSpur
10-14-2009, 09:25 AM
My mom is also a Spurs fan. Even though she unplugs over the offseason and pays little to no attention to the draft and free agency, I did tell her about the Spurs good fortune in drafting Blair. I predict and fully expect that HE will instantly become her favorite Spur.

mexpurs21
10-14-2009, 09:37 AM
I just hope they sell swingman jerseys with Blair 45 and with Hill 3
I would buy them right away, any ideas of why the NBA does not sell costumized swingman jerseys??

rjv
10-14-2009, 09:39 AM
manu, tim, tony (for his play only) and then the rest kind of mesh together. and hard to say about the new additions as to where they will fall in line.

raspsa
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
got to love his attitude.. he seems to know what he wants and knows what he can do. What's not to to like with this kid?

koriwhat
10-14-2009, 09:59 AM
timmyd hands down!

Rummpd
10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Love all the Spurs and hate anyone wearing purple and gold, green and white, whatever forgettable colors the Suns, Mavs, Denver or other title chasing wannabees wear!

Riverwalkman
10-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Before 1999 i was a Charles Barkley fan, ...now Blair is kind of the same type, he's my 2nd favorite Spur next to TD.

Agloco
10-14-2009, 10:42 AM

I'm definitely pulling for him. He seems like a humble guy and wants nothing more than to prove a point this year. I think Pop sees the light he will get his minutes. :toast

Ibanezsr
10-14-2009, 12:26 PM
My favorite Spur of all time was JR Reid

duncanCOSTARICA
10-14-2009, 12:28 PM
TIM DUNCAN til his wheels fall off!!

Em-City
10-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, it wouldn't take much to be an upgrade over Rasho.

:lol :lol :lol

xtremesteven33
10-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I dont care if Blair grabs 10 rebounds in 1 minute, Duncan and Bowen will always be my favorite all time Spurs ...

Holt's Cat
10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Anyone else wonder how large Blair's member is?

NoOptionB
10-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Not my favorite, but he is the Spur I have been waiting for.

Other than not being 6'10

bdictjames
10-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Tim Duncan from day one.

smrattler
10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Anyone else wonder how large Blair's member is?

Uhm, I'm gonna have to say nooooo.....

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-14-2009, 06:21 PM
My favorite Spur of all time was JR Reid

Nice first post! :tu

ivanfromwestwood
10-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Blair is my fave right now. I love an underdog. He's like Rocky. No on thought he could do it, since he's 6'6" and has no ACL's, but he's made it to the NBA, and he's playing with a confidence and ferocity that is very exciting. Can't wait for the season to start to see him tearing it up.:spless: i know you didnt just use the words blair and tearing it up in the same sentence. i personally hold you liable if he gets hurt.lol

Kobayagi
10-14-2009, 07:04 PM

Just curious, where did you see him play? Are there streams for preseason games? :wow

TIMMYD!
10-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Guess who is mine?

BlackBellamy
10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Who the fuck is Blair? I've never heard a mention of him before. From the quiet ovation he's received on the board, I'd guess that nobody likes him.

ajballer4
10-14-2009, 10:41 PM
No doubt...after watching todays game im sold on Blair

DeJuan_Blair
10-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey, you don't like me now? It's ok. I'll catch you on the rebound!

TJastal
10-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I think Blair will easily become the most popular of the spurs newest additions for most fans, especially if he keeps up the late game clutch shooting.

For myself however I'm fairly certain my favorite new spur will be Antonio McDyess, I envision his role basically being Tim Duncan's bodyguard, which is something that TD has been lacking since Five-O.

He's a tough-as-nails, humble, and smart veteran player who will be perfect for the role of watching Duncan's back.

Nathan Explosion
10-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Tim will always be my favorite. I love Dave. He's the first Spurs I can remember watching. But Tim made the titles happen, and I remember where I was when I saw the Spurs win each one. None of that was possible without Tim.

When I bought my son his first Spurs jersey, everyone said I should buy Parker or Gino. I made sure I bought Tim and explained to him (when he was about 3 months old) that Tim was the one who made the Spurs go and we wouldn't have the banners without him.

Watching Tim play from Day 1 has been a treat and will always be a treat until the day he retires.

timtonymanu
10-15-2009, 02:04 AM
Duncan, D-Rob, Gervin, Parker, Manu, Sean, Bowen, Silas, Horry.

I like Blair but he needs to a whole lot before I put him as one of my faves.

DMX7
10-15-2009, 03:38 AM
I was at a preseason game and the Pizza Hut ball boy listed Blair as his favorite player in his profile which was displayed on the jumbotron. That kinda surprised me because we have so many great players and Blair had only played 1 game (preseason no less) with the Spurs and he is already a fan favorite.

mattyc
10-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Long way to go before he comes near Robinson, Sean, Tim, Malik Rose, AJ, Bowen, TP or even guys like Steve Kerr etc, but he is certainly leaving an impressive first impression.

sabar
10-15-2009, 05:47 AM
The archetypal fan favorite. It's been a while since the fans have had someone new to drool over and hype up.