PDA

View Full Version : Prediction...there is a dynasty starting in the Alamo City

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Well I've read everyones schedules and studied for a while to come up with this conclusion. Hopefully these preditctions are as accurate as LakerGods, but I'm new so I doubt I am that good yet. Here they are, Western Confrence Playoffs predictions '05...
1.suns
2.SPURS
3.sonics
4.mavs
5.rockets
6.nuggets
7.kings
8.grizzlies

First Round

1.Suns
2.Grizzlies

2.Spurs In Four or Five games. Six if their lucky...but their wins wont be pretty
7.Kings

3.Sonics
6.Nuggets in 6/7games.Sonics will take it if lewis can come back and be effective

4.Mavs 7 game war
5.Rockets

Second Round

1.Suns
6.mavs

2.Spursin six games
4.nuggets

Western Confrence Finals
1.Suns
2.SPURSin five games if we're lucky...six games if their lucky

FINALS
HC-Spurs in six games.Experience willbeat everyone on Miami besides Shaq
2.Heat

End Result-Spurs hang another banner and pass out championship rings in the 05-06 home opener. And we will get more long lasting trophy thrusting images like these.(just without the admiral)
http://www.nba.com/spurs/images/robinson_duncan_tophy.jpg
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos/2003-06-15-inside-duncan-ro.jpg

No stopping...This year is the starting of a dynasty...I'm positive.

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Don't get your "Dynasty" hopes up too high. There's a lot of tough teams out west. Staying healthy enough to win one Championship is hard enough.

cherylsteele
04-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Don't get your "Dynasty" hopes up too high. There's a lot of tough teams out west. Staying healthy enough to win one Championship is hard enough.

Along with free agency......players move around to much too think dynasty....but it would be nice.

If any team can create have a dynasty I do the think spurs can be one of them because of front office and other personel in place...players seem to WANT to come here...or at least strongly consider it.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-14-2005, 08:38 PM
If it comes out right SPURS and mavs. cannot meet in 2nd. round only in WCF.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Two time MVP, an insanely good young all star shooting guard, and the next great point in the league. Did I mention a shitload of other deep members of the team, a great smart coach and plenty of cap room. Suns are wind. Are the Lakers still in the West? Big Ticket will never win the "Big Game." Mavs, Kings and Rockets...if they were gonna show any signs of greatness it would've happened already. I guess the Hornets coming out West is gonna really interfere with our chances. Tim will win tres more before hes retired.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-14-2005, 08:42 PM
If it comes out right SPURS and mavs. cannot meet in 2nd. round only in WCF.

when the nuggets beat the sonics, wouldnt the suns face the nuggets, because the nuggets are the lowest seed left and the suns are number one?

IceColdBrewski
04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Along with free agency......players move around to much too think dynasty....but it would be nice.

If any team can create have a dynasty I do the think spurs can be one of them because of front office and other personel in place...players seem to WANT to come here...or at least strongly consider it.

There's something else I didn't mention. Free Agency. Could you imagine Lebron coming out west to play with the Lakers or Timberwolves?

Mr. Body
04-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Winner of 1/8 plays winner of 4/5.

Winner of 2/7 plays winner of 3/6.

Why do people always get this wrong?

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-14-2005, 08:45 PM
cause in nfl playoffs highest seed gets remaining lowest seed and thats the way bball should be.

TOP-CHERRY
04-14-2005, 08:48 PM
No stopping...This year is the starting of a dynasty...I'm positive.

BEST... QUOTE... EVER!!!!!!!

Spurs = dynasty ... Gosh, that's just brings a beautiful ring to the ears.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-14-2005, 08:50 PM
There's something else I didn't mention. Free Agency. Could you imagine Lebron coming out west to play with the Lakers or Timberwolves?

yeah right...hes from ohio. you actually think he'd leave the cavs? hell no. he loves it there and the fans love him. hes not gonna come out west where there is more competition and its impossible for the one man shows to get to the finals...ask kg.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'll change my predictions. either way the spurs will win it all and start a dynasty. i dont care if their playing the tune squad from space jam or gene hackmans hoosiers, no team will change the fact they're gonna get there this season.

cherylsteele
04-14-2005, 08:50 PM

Yes.....and it would change alot in the west.....not saying that we still would not win, but it would not be any easier.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Well win bruce retires we could throw away sean marks and linton johnson III to make room for King James. Then he wont have to cause problems out west for us.

cherylsteele
04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Well win bruce retires we could throw away sean marks and linton johnson III to make room for King James. Then he wont have to cause problems out west for us.

What if he signs somewhere else and is locked into a long-term untouchable deal?

I would love LeBron to come here but realisticly it not be a viable option due to that.

exstatic
04-14-2005, 09:26 PM
LeBron isn't coming, but that's no reason to pooh pooh SA's chances over, say, the next 5-6 years. All of the major players are locked down: Tim, Tony, Manu, Rasho, Brent. You just don't see a team bringing back a huge core of their rotation year after year like that. They could very well win 60 games this year, with Tim missing 16 games! Do you know how crazy that is? They could go on a mini Bull run. Chicago did that with only MJ and Pip as the constants. I don't think it would be ridiculous for the Spurs to win 3 or 4 rings in the span of the next 6 years.

Oh, and in addition to the stability, the Spurs have youngsters developing like Beno and Devin, and talent still stashed overseas like Scola and Sanikidze.

LakerGod
04-15-2005, 12:03 AM
A Dynasty?? LMAO!

The spurs can't even win back-to-back titles!!!

Worst champion ever!

thispego
04-15-2005, 01:40 AM
lakergod, I can understand your distain for the Spurs, but to deny the possibility of a dynasty is ludicrous. enjoy your 82 game seasons for the next SEVERAL years

Willinsa
04-15-2005, 01:47 AM
A Dynasty?? LMAO!

Worst champion ever!

I bet Lakergod is now wearing a Miami Heat jersey just like every bandwagon Laker fan is now.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-15-2005, 06:07 PM
there was this one guy we had to replace named david robinson shithead. not sure if you have heard of him, cause you're too busy admiring vlade divac and chris mihms great career stats...ya bandwagon bitch.

ducks
04-15-2005, 07:25 PM

he is now locked up for 3 years to become a completly unrestricted fa

and by then he might not even be healthy

T Park
04-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Could you imagine Lebron coming out west to play with the Lakers or Timberwolves?[QUOTE]

only problem with your little idiot idea, wich I know youdl ove wich owuld mean the Spurs losing.

There is a salary cap.

ducks
04-15-2005, 07:36 PM
lakers in 3 years would only have kobe locked down
odom may be locked up but that would be it

and who knows what the new cba will be after this offseason :angel
besides that what james took to play with the lakers,bulls or new york he would make up with his nike endorsement

Dre_7
04-15-2005, 08:44 PM

Well, Tim, TP, and Manu are all locked down for the next 6-7 years. Thats a nice core to build a team around. Not to mention the "2000" foreign players SA owns the rights to. I think the Spurs can be a dynasty if they play their cards right.

IceColdBrewski
04-15-2005, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE]

only problem with your little idiot idea, wich I know youdl ove wich owuld mean the Spurs losing.

There is a salary cap.

Yes, there is a salary cap dufus. But teams find ways to manuver under the salary cap all the time.

Yeah. I would just love watching my Spurs get spanked by Lebron and Kobe. :rolleyes :rolleyes

P.S. I love it when you talk dirty to me.

Guru of Nothing
04-15-2005, 10:15 PM
LeBron isn't coming [West]

I hope I have my context correct replying to you.

There is nothing more logical than a Kobe for LeBron trade, if that's what Lebron wants.

I'm calling it now - Lebron and Yao will be teammates in LA just as soon as the Lakers can make it happen. :drunk :drunk

I agree that the Spurs can string a few more titles.

EDIT TO ADD: Lebron to LA is Stern's plan B. New York is definitely the big prize.

cherylsteele
04-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Well, Tim, TP, and Manu are all locked down for the next 6-7 years. Thats a nice core to build a team around. Not to mention the "2000" foreign players SA owns the rights to. I think the Spurs can be a dynasty if they play their cards right.

Malik too ha d a long-term deal and was still traded......like you said "if they play cards right"......even if they do, there is never a guarantee of sucsess.

MadDog73
04-16-2005, 08:40 AM
A Dynasty?? LMAO!

Worst champion ever!

LOL @ Lakerfraud!

The only true Dynasties are the teams that actually win in multiple Finals, AKA The Celtics and the Bulls.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I can't count the Lakers as a Dynasty because they LOSE most of their Final games. Until they get a winning % in the Finals, Lakers will remain Losers in my book, along with all their bandwagon fans.

As for the Spurs being a Dynasty, we just need to win 2 or 3 more Titles this year to be considered another "dynasty". And I like the Spurs chances to do that a whole bunch better than the Lakers.