PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to put my boss through hell today.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
We're down to one technician and one lot porter. Seriously who wants to work here. The service manager went out of town for 3 days and I'm getting service calls left and right.

Our service manager pretty much lies to everyone about the status of the work we're doing. Lies to them about ordered parts and generally just avoids returning calls. Worst co-worker I've ever been subject to. Every time I catch a customer call I play confused all while actually revealing the truth about the status of the repairs, ordered parts and service. People are blowing their lids left and right when they find out the shit they ordered 4 weeks ago hasn't even been ordered and that the service they thought was nearly completion isn't even started.

After "inadvertently" giving up full disclosure. I tell them to hold briefly while I forward them to our GM so he can help them find resolution. Dude has been fielding calls from pissed off customers all morning. He won't last. He face is already a little red. I hope he fucking loses it.

I'm sick dealing with peoples inability to do their jobs. I've lost money because this assfuck can't just level with customers about their status. If I have to deal with pissed off people then so does someone else.

I. Hustle
10-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Aside from that how is your day so far?

Smart Ass
10-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Do it on Friday too.

http://stuffiwouldbazooka.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/bossman_boss_day_poster.jpg

NoOptionB
10-14-2009, 11:18 AM
B2B should make a workplace documentary.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Aside from that how is your day so far?Lackluster. I haven't even had time to punch the munchkin in the john.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
And here I thought you just flogged the dolphin at your desk.

Learn something new every day here.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2009, 11:51 AM
And here I thought you just flogged the dolphin at your desk.

Learn something new every day here.I'll tap my own ass pretty much anywhere.

koriwhat
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
get me an application... been looking for a new job for ages now.

lebomb
10-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Damn, after hearing about B2Bs job, I will never quit my job at Shenanigans!!!

nuclearfm
10-14-2009, 12:33 PM
We're down to one technician and one lot porter. Seriously who wants to work here. The service manager went out of town for 3 days and I'm getting service calls left and right.

Our service manager pretty much lies to everyone about the status of the work we're doing. Lies to them about ordered parts and generally just avoids returning calls. Worst co-worker I've ever been subject to. Every time I catch a customer call I play confused all while actually revealing the truth about the status of the repairs, ordered parts and service. People are blowing their lids left and right when they find out the shit they ordered 4 weeks ago hasn't even been ordered and that the service they thought was nearly completion isn't even started.

After "inadvertently" giving up full disclosure. I tell them to hold briefly while I forward them to our GM so he can help them find resolution. Dude has been fielding calls from pissed off customers all morning. He won't last. He face is already a little red. I hope he fucking loses it.

I'm sick dealing with peoples inability to do their jobs. I've lost money because this assfuck can't just level with customers about their status. If I have to deal with pissed off people then so does someone else.

Sounds like your business sucks royal ass. Capitalism will catch up to you guys eventually. Via loss of business or the AG

BacktoBasics
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Sounds like your business sucks royal ass. Capitalism will catch up to you guys eventually. Via loss of business or the AG
You'd think the loss of repeat business would have bit us in the ass by now. Its been like this for about 5 years. Funny thing is that we still consistently sit near or around the top of the dealer stats. Probably because half our business comes from people who aren't local to us.

CosmicCowboy
10-14-2009, 01:13 PM
You'd think the loss of repeat business would have bit us in the ass by now. Its been like this for about 5 years. Funny thing is that we still consistently sit near or around the top of the dealer stats. Probably because half our business comes from people who aren't local to us.

Yeah, a fresh flock of snow birds should be hitting soon...

J.T.
10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
b2b i need your advice

my grandfather says i shouldn't smoke cigarettes because they're bad for me (despite having his own cig habit for 20+ years)

and

my mother seems to think that i'm a chronic drug abuser and going nowhere in life. i may or may not agree with this based on the results of my five year plan set to begin next year

how do i tell these fools to step off while still looking wise beyond my years

thanks

I. Hustle
10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Damn, after hearing about B2Bs job, I will never quit my job at Shenanigans!!!

If someone say Shenanigans one more time I am going to pistol whip them.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, a fresh flock of snow birds should be hitting soon...They're the most demanding unreasonable of the bunch. I think with the market being slightly stronger we might see a little more out of them this year. Hard to tell its still early. I do have one snowbird order already so its a good sign.

b2b i need your advice

my grandfather says i shouldn't smoke cigarettes because they're bad for me (despite having his own cig habit for 20+ years)

and

my mother seems to think that i'm a chronic drug abuser and going nowhere in life. i may or may not agree with this based on the results of my five year plan set to begin next year

thanksKeep pushing friendo. Just keep pushing. Definitely stop smoking though. People really don't realize how destructive those things are. If you need to smoke at least smoke dope.

J.T.
10-14-2009, 01:26 PM
if i do my time in the air force, do you think the university of texas at austin would accept me for graduate work or will my status as a middle class white male with no rich ex-frat boy daddy or uncle in opec continue to cockblock me from actually attending the school whose football team i faithfully cheer for?

J.T.
10-14-2009, 01:27 PM
sometimes i hate being white. why couldn't mom have vacationed in japan or something and gotten me some minority chromosomes up in this piece

BacktoBasics
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
sometimes i hate being white. why couldn't mom have vacationed in japan or something and gotten me some minority chromosomes up in this pieceDoes being white really have anything to do with it? The airforce doesn't pay for schooling? I thought all these "forces" dangled comped education as a constellation prize for sacrificing your individuality.

J.T.
10-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I applied to the Liberal Arts college at UT Austin with a 3.81 college GPA and what is probably considered exemplary extracurriculars. Pretty much everyone I spoke with said the liberal arts school was the easiest one to get into and you could transfer out to your preferred major after a semester. Didn't get in. Had my name been Taj Mahal Badalandabad I probably would've been a shoe-in.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2009, 01:47 PM
I applied to the Liberal Arts college at UT Austin with a 3.81 college GPA and what is probably considered exemplary extracurriculars. Pretty much everyone I spoke with said the liberal arts school was the easiest one to get into and you could transfer out to your preferred major after a semester. Didn't get in. Had my name been Taj Mahal Badalandabad I probably would've been a shoe-in.3.81 huh. Did they give you a reason for not getting in? Seem like these days you can pretty much buy your way into any school. Are you looking for a ride or partial scholarship? Is that the roadblock?

What exactly do you want to do?

Have you considered forgoing 30-50k in education for a 30-50k loan to start your own business.

CuckingFunt
10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I applied to the Liberal Arts college at UT Austin with a 3.81 college GPA and what is probably considered exemplary extracurriculars. Pretty much everyone I spoke with said the liberal arts school was the easiest one to get into and you could transfer out to your preferred major after a semester. Didn't get in. Had my name been Taj Mahal Badalandabad I probably would've been a shoe-in.

GRE scores? UT Austin is one of the schools I plan on applying to for grad work.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Those are pretty good grades if you're a JUCO/another college transfer.

In fact, those would have easily gotten you into a school like the University of Michigan.

EDIT: Ah, Grad School. Much more stringent.

CuckingFunt
10-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Also, Austin's school of liberal arts may be the easiest of their grad schools to get into, but I don't think that's saying much. I actually know quite a few competitive applicants (including my mom, who graduated magna cum laude from USC film school) who have been rather unceremoniously rejected.

nuclearfm
10-14-2009, 02:50 PM

I applied to MIT with a 1510 GRE and 3.89 to get into an engineering program. Didn't get in, and I have a colorful name.

Your stereotyping is a bit off and unwarranted. It's more often than not who you know and not what you know. I know people with 2.X GPR's getting into top notch programs just form sitting down and talking with a prof. You should read into the good ole boy /network system.

BacktoBasics
10-14-2009, 02:57 PM
I just want to point out that its perfectly acceptable and encouraged to stereotype in my threads.

I. Hustle
10-14-2009, 03:22 PM
I just want to point out that its perfectly acceptable and encouraged to stereotype in my threads.

Yup

I can't stand how all white people are whiney because they don't get what they think they are entitled to. How about this honky? Why don't you work your entitled ass off and get that 4.0? Little whiney bitch.

nuclearfm
10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Yup

I can't stand how all white people are whiney because they don't get what they think they are entitled to. How about this honky? Why don't you work your entitled ass off and get that 4.0? Little whiney bitch.

You're not going to get the whining to stop unless they get their 160+ acres of stolen Native American land for free, + mineral water rights, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_Act

LnGrrrR
10-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Does being white really have anything to do with it? The airforce doesn't pay for schooling? I thought all these "forces" dangled comped education as a constellation prize for sacrificing your individuality.

They do. The Air Force allows a cap of $9,000 per school year for education.

Clandestino
10-14-2009, 10:59 PM
B2B's posts are hilarious to read, but I'm 100% positive he is the worst person to work or be around. I mean...come one... how can one person hate his life so much that he has to shit on everyone!!! it's very entertaining to read about his douchbaggeriness though!

BacktoBasics
10-15-2009, 08:16 AM
B2B's posts are hilarious to read, but I'm 100% positive he is the worst person to work or be around. I mean...come one... how can one person hate his life so much that he has to shit on everyone!!! it's very entertaining to read about his douchbaggeriness though!This is where you're wrong. I don't hate my life. I hate the people around me. I'm actually a heck of a good guy to have on your side. Good work ethic, honest and I generally handle the tough situations well.

JudynTX
10-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Is it safe to say that you won't be buying your boss a gift for Bosses Day tomorrow?

BacktoBasics
10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Is that a real day?

Mark in Austin
10-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I thought the 364 days a year not named Labor Day were boss's days...

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Is it safe to say that you won't be buying your boss a gift for Bosses Day tomorrow?

He already gifted his boss last week when he rebated the credit card charges from that $9000 trailer sale from his bonus check. Damn nice guy.