PDA

View Full Version : Attention bums:

desflood
10-15-2009, 11:46 AM
If you are going to accost me in a parking lot and ask for money because you and your girlfriend ran out of gas on 410 and just need a dollar or two to get home, please first make sure that I cannot see you exiting your parked car two rows over, you lazy @ssh*le.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.

BlackSwordsMan
10-15-2009, 12:03 PM
did you tell em My Give a Damn's Busted

AmericanWoman
10-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Maybe they just ran out of gas again.

atxrocker
10-15-2009, 12:10 PM
i hate that bullshit. the one downside of living in austin is that there is never a shortage of panhandlers. i don't fall for their scams.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2009, 12:12 PM
I hate bums. The Valero near my office is infested with them...There's a bunch of section 8 housing in the neighborhood...You can't even go there without getting mooched.

The Reckoning
10-15-2009, 12:13 PM
the worst is when they prey on little kids

I. Hustle
10-15-2009, 12:28 PM
That is one reason I hated living in Austin. How are they going to have their own newspaper but cant buy a sixer of Pabst?

That and the lesbo cops is why I hate Austin.

JudynTX
10-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I get asked for "dollars", not spare change.

WTF

BacktoBasics
10-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Maybe they just ran out of gas again.Is that the excuse you use.

Trainwreck2100
10-15-2009, 01:45 PM
the worst is when they prey on little kids

its also pretty bad wheb theyuse their kids

mrsmaalox
10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
its also pretty bad wheb theyuse their kids

I had that one happen to me. A guy told me he ran out out gas and was stranded with his little son, who I saw in the truck. I gave him a buck and as they drove away, the guy put down his window and gave me that that sticking his tongue thru his 2 fingers in a v thing. Real classy.

PakiDan
10-15-2009, 02:09 PM
If you are going to accost me in a parking lot and ask for money because you and your girlfriend ran out of gas on 410 and just need a dollar or two to get home, please first make sure that I cannot see you exiting your parked car two rows over, you lazy @ssh*le.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.

Ummm... these aren't bums... they are tweekers trying to get money for meth.

mookie2001
10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
i use the reckoning to my advantage

koriwhat
10-15-2009, 03:22 PM

there's a couple that begs for money right near my work and further down the street... total junkies but here's the catch, the dude acts as though he has cerebral palsy but i have seen this loser walk down my street where i work all normal and shit and if that wasn't bad enough he has a cell phone and was chattin' away on it countin' his dough with his loser meth/crackhead girl.

look out for these losers at the corner of san pedro/basse and san pedro/410. dude is white, chin length blonde hair, and is most likely wearing a hat. chick is white with shoulder length hair and always carries a small piece of cardboard begging for money usually in front of the taco cabana across from northstar mall.

fuckin' losers!

Twisted_Dawg
10-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I had that one happen to me. A guy told me he ran out out gas and was stranded with his little son, who I saw in the truck. I gave him a buck and as they drove away, the guy put down his window and gave me that that sticking his tongue thru his 2 fingers in a v thing. Real classy.

Look on the bright side: It could have been the little boy sticking his tongue thru his 2 fingers in a v thing.

desflood
10-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, believe it or not I realize that. My definition of bum is somebody who is able to work but doesn't either due to pure laziness or drug or alcohol problems. Many homeless people cannot work due to mental illness (or just a plain old run of bad luck) and I would never characterize most of them as "bums" - they are people who genuinely need help. I call this guy a bum because he had obvious signs of being a junkie a day late for a fix (sweaty, twitchy, lots of acne), but no obvious physical or mental symptoms that would prevent him from getting a job more productive than begging in a parking lot.