PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Spurs preview in NBA TV?

bdictjames
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
With Brent Barry, he's hilarious. :lmao

The link is on NBA.com. Pretty high praise for the Spurs, and their organization.

Man In Black
10-15-2009, 07:53 PM
With Brent there, we don't hear the words boring come from other TV guys. Brent homed a little but at least he was honest. His perspective from the inside gives weight to what the Spurs are doing.

I think the Secret Scout is Reggie Miller. That Ichabod crane neck makes me believe that.

duncan228
10-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Barry was fun. I enjoyed it.

It looks like NBA TV will be re-airing episodes, check your listings if you missed it.

Joepa
10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
I liked it; Barry felt a bit awkward to me though.

I think the predictions are pretty accurate...the Spurs and Lakers are very close lineup and talent-wise, so it'll be an intense series if it happens.

SouthTexasRancher
10-15-2009, 10:56 PM
With Brent Barry, he's hilarious. :lmao

The link is on NBA.com. Pretty high praise for the Spurs, and their organization.

Brent would be great filling in for Sean Elliott on the road games when Sean stays home.

Blackjack
10-15-2009, 11:53 PM
A thirty-minute show devoted to the Spurs that actually provided some insight, and a guy like Barry?

Suddenly I need a cigarette...

phxspurfan
10-16-2009, 12:37 AM
All the episodes just said 'NBA Preview' or something like that. I wasn't about to tune in every 30 minutes to check which one it was.

Fpoonsie
10-16-2009, 12:45 AM
All the episodes just said 'NBA Preview' or something like that. I wasn't about to tune in every 30 minutes to check which one it was.

I know! That was fucking annoying.

Blackjack
10-16-2009, 12:50 AM

Next airing's:

3:30am cst
6:30am cst
2:30pm cst
5:30pm cst
8:30pm cst

Don't say I ain't never done nothing for you.:hat

duncan228
10-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Next airing's:

Thanks. :)

phxspurfan
10-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Next airing's:

Yeah I caught D228's schedule post too but I'm AZ and we have messed up time here. Something that I don't want to figure out right now...I'll just check back in here and see how bad people trash the NBATV announcers tomorrow...

Blackjack
10-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah I caught D228's schedule post too but I'm AZ and we have messed up time here. Something that I don't want to figure out right now...I'll just check back in here and see how bad people trash the NBATV announcers tomorrow...

That's cool.

I've just got Dish and it tells me the team each preview is for when I press info.

It was actually pretty decent because they had Eric Snow, who's apparently pretty close to Theo, and Brent obviously knows what he's talking about. Andre Aldridge is an LA honk and overall tool, but it's hard to complain when you actually get that much time devoted to the Spurs..

DieMrBond
10-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Is this available online for non-american based fans?
Not the preview obviously, as I can watch that - i mean the 30 minute version?

ManuTP9
10-16-2009, 07:46 AM
i watched this last night and brent was funny lol but did anyone see where eric snow said the spurs will have great success this season but will lose to the Lakers in the western confrence finals :nope

Chieflion
10-16-2009, 10:17 AM
i watched this last night and brent was funny lol but did anyone see where eric snow said the spurs will have great success this season but will lose to the Lakers in the western confrence finals :nope
Saw it. Eric Snow may do his homework, but he is dull on TV. Most boring and non-entertaining guy ever.

ElNono
10-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Saw it. Eric Snow may do his homework, but he is dull on TV. Most boring and non-entertaining guy ever.

Just like when he was a player...

bdictjames
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Is this available online for non-american based fans?
Not the preview obviously, as I can watch that - i mean the 30 minute version?

Im hoping someone TivO's it and puts it on youtube.

cnyc3
10-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Snow had that nervous chuckle, Barry's a noob and was better than him :lol

for a second i thought the secret source was Bruce

Phenomanul
10-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Barry's been reviewing other teams as well... good stuff. He's not nearly as quick off his feet anymore... but he's still as quick witted as ever... :lol

EricB
10-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Barry would actually complement and work perfect with the TNT guys in studio.

SenorSpur
10-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Was anyone surprised that Brent would be a hit as a studio analyst? Personally, I think he's still pretty quick on his feet.

And yes, he's much more interesting and personable than Snow. In fact, Brent did sprinkle in some statistical facts to backup his assertions. I've rarely seen Snow do that.

Check out the very end of the last segment, when Brent utters the phrase, "I think I'll just drink myself through the rest of the show." He picks up his cup and proceeds to do just that, as the show ends. It's hard not to love some Brent.

SenorSpur
10-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Barry's been reviewing other teams as well... good stuff. He's not nearly as quick off his feet anymore... but he's still as quick witted as ever... :lol

In fact, check out the TrailBlazers Review. Barry and Snow had a spirited discussion over whether Andre Miller should start and how much he would impact the Blazers.

Brent contends that Miller was errant in his alleged complaint that he should been anointed the instant starter - even before camp. Barry's point was that "the Trailblazers traded for Miller, not the other way around. No player should walk in and expect to instantly be handed anything without going through the training camp competition."

As a former PG, Snow sided with Miller in that he's a 10-year vet, solid PG and is an instant upgrade over Steve Blake. He claims that if the Blazers didn't need to upgrade, they wouldn't have traded for him in the first place.

TJastal
10-17-2009, 02:10 PM
In fact, check out the TrailBlazers Review. Barry and Snow had a spirited discussion over whether Andre Miller should start and how much he would impact the Blazers.

Brent contends that Miller was errant in his alleged complaint that he should been anointed the instant starter - even before camp. Barry's point was that "the Trailblazers traded for Miller, not the other way around. No player should walk in and expect to instantly be handed anything without going through the training camp competition."

As a former PG, Snow sided with Miller in that he's a 10-year vet, solid PG and is an instant upgrade over Steve Blake. He claims that if the Blazers didn't need to upgrade, they wouldn't have traded for him in the first place.

As much as I love Barry

I actually agree with Snow on this one, Miller was brought in to be an upgrade, why pussyfoot around with it, just man up and tell Blake that he's no longer the starter.

phxspurfan
10-17-2009, 02:44 PM
As much as I love Barry

I actually agree with Snow on this one, Miller was brought in to be an upgrade, why pussyfoot around with it, just man up and tell Blake that he's no longer the starter.

I caught this too. It looks like Barry was trying to say something like they need to at least battle it out in camp before Miller gets appointed the starter role. But of course Miller is better.

And the fact that Brandon Roy thinks he' in the conversation for top-10 NBA player is ridiculous. Here are some of the players more accomplished and currently better than Roy, off-hand (in no particular order):

1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. DWade
4. CP3
5. Duncan
6. Dirk
7. KG
8. Durant
9. Pierce
10. Devin Harris (yes)
11. Parker
12. Bosh
13. VC
14. Howard
15. Yao
16. Ray Allen
17. Gasol
18. Shaq (would you rather have Shaq or Roy? I'd take Shaq.)
19. Manu

20. DWill
21. Boozer
22. Redd
23. Granger
24. Kidd
25. T-Mac (if he was on the court he'd be better than Roy)
26. Carmelo(probably should have thought of him earlier too)

I'd put Roy somewhere with Manu, probably just below him although it's close. Manu has had more time in the NBA and career success (can you say championships), but Roy has been more durable thus far. I'd sya they're around top 15-20 in the NBA.

itzsoweezee
10-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I caught this too. It looks like Barry was trying to say something like they need to at least battle it out in camp before Miller gets appointed the starter role. But of course Miller is better.

And the fact that Brandon Roy thinks he' in the conversation for top-10 NBA player is ridiculous. Here are some of the players more accomplished and currently better than Roy, off-hand (in no particular order):

1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. DWade
4. CP3
5. Duncan
6. Dirk
7. KG
NOPE 8. Durant
NOPE 9. Pierce
NOPE 10. Devin Harris (yes)
11. Parker
12. Bosh
NOPE 13. VC
14. Howard
15. Yao
NOPE 16. Ray Allen
NOPE 17. Gasol
NOPE 18. Shaq (would you rather have Shaq or Roy? I'd take Shaq.)
19. Manu

20. DWill
NOPE 21. Boozer
NOPE 22. Redd
NOPE 23. Granger
NOPE 24. Kidd
NOPE 25. T-Mac (if he was on the court he'd be better than Roy)
NOPE 26. Carmelo(probably should have thought of him earlier too)

I'd put Roy somewhere with Manu, probably just below him although it's close. Manu has had more time in the NBA and career success (can you say championships), but Roy has been more durable thus far. I'd sya they're around top 15-20 in the NBA.

i live in portland. i watch roy on a constant basis. you're completely wrong about him. he's definitely an elite guard.

HarlemHeat37
10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Roy is easily a top 10-12 player in the NBA..I never understand when people think he's "overrated" and whatever..it seems as if people don't watch him play..

phxspurfan
10-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Roy is easily a top 10-12 player in the NBA..I never understand when people think he's "overrated" and whatever..it seems as if people don't watch him play..

i live in portland. i watch roy on a constant basis. you're completely wrong about him. he's definitely an elite guard.

So Roy is better than all these people?

Kobe
LeBron
DWade
CP3
Duncan
Dirk
KG
Howard
Parker
Yao

Gasol
Bosh
Granger
T-Mac
Carmelo
Manu
Pierce
Durant

That's 18. And I'm sure I was stupid and left off some people like Amare, etc. To be honest, I haven't watched that many Portland games besides when they play teh Spurs or are on national TV and I'm that bored. But still, pretty much every single one of these players has or has helped carry their team past the first (and second) rounds. Exceptions are Durant and Granger but I think they're far superior ball players than Roy.

phxspurfan
10-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Btw I'd put Roy on the level of a 2nd-tier all-star like a B-Diddy or Redd. It's really not that big of a slight. These guys are brought in as franchise players but they're simply not. Much like RJ on the post-'03 Nets.

Also in this category:

Ray Allen
Odom
Stephen Jackson
Devin Harris

Harris and Roy will be better. And sure, they could probably be considered top-10 when guys like Yao and Kobe retire. But then there will be other guys better than them like Mayo.

ElNono
10-19-2009, 11:33 AM
I've watched my fair share of Portland games last season, and Roy is a very talented guy.

He just isn't a NBA top 10-12...