PDA

View Full Version : Marbury rips Knicks, coach, says he'll sit out season

duncan228
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Marbury rips Knicks, coach, says he'll sit out season (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/marbury_rips_knicks_coach_says_he_jdyocVkmhjzZQDyj yIqzIP)
By Marc Berman
New York Post

Although he says he's not ready to announce his retirement, Stephon Marbury said yesterday he has "shut everything down," taking the season off to work on his businesses and claims he will return to the NBA next season.

Marbury also could not keep himself from ripping his hometown team and coach Mike D'Antoni for their poor preseason play, calling them "a mess."

Marbury went unsigned as a free agent this summer after turning down Boston's veteran minimum offer ($1.3 million) in July. Marbury said he plans to attend the Knicks' home opener Oct. 31 vs. the Sixers with his kids.

Nevertheless, Marbury said he is surprised others want to watch the Knicks.

"I'm just talking as a fan and New Yorker who grew up loving the Knicks: why would I give you my money to watch them?" Marbury told The Post. "This is atrocious. Guys coming down court, just raising up 3-pointers from anywhere. The coaching is horrible. What kind of coaching is this?

"If they shoot like that in the game, imagine how they shoot in practice. New Yorkers deserve better decisions form the front office and New York City has to deal with this mess."

Marbury doesn't see this squad enticing Cavs superstar LeBron James when he becomes a free agent after this season.

"LeBron isn't coming to a rebuilding team," Marbury said. "Why would he come to a rebuilding team? It makes no sense. Is this franchise built to win a championship or to make money?"

The Knicks, who play host to the Nets tonight, have shot 12 of 72 from 3-point range their last two losses.

"People said I was shooting the ball all the time," Marbury said. "What does Nate Robinson do?"

Marbury shot 50 percent during Knicks training camp last season before D'Antoni banished him. After a February buyout, he signed with Boston.

Marbury vows he will play again.

"I'm resting, doing what Michael Jordan did, enjoy life, do things I haven't done in 16 years, keep building my empire," Marbury said. "I wasn't going to Boston for that money. It was a prudent business decision to take off this year."

He didn't have many options. Some believe he rattled the NBA establishment for hosting a 24-hour Ustream show in July during which he swallowed Vaseline because he lost his voice.

"It wasn't a trick, it's a black heritage thing and I did it to help me when I lost my voice," Marbury said. "People saw I was drinking a lot of tea. They said I was crazy. But if I'm hurt, why wouldn't I do something that helps me?"

Marbury has stopped training to work on deals with his Starbury company, which sells apparel online. Marbury said he's getting mom-and-pop stores in Brooklyn and Detroit to sell merchandise.

Marbury played 24 games for the Celtics and 14 playoff contests. Another year away from basketball surely hurts his market value.

"People can say what they want and act like God," Marbury said. "A year from now, you don't know what I'm going to be like. I got to 197 pounds last camp. I'm from the gutter. I can go anywhere."

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
OK..so this guy is going to the home opener, but tells people they shouldn't go the games? Wow...dude's got some issues...

lefty
10-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow, just wow

Good luck NY.

Plus, Marbury is untradable

Allanon
10-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Marbury had too much pride to take the Vet minimum. If Allen Iverson can play for the Grizzlies, Starbury can take the vet mnimum....especially to get on a winning team like the Celtics.

Starbury still hasn't learned from his Minnesota mistake, it's still all about the money.

mavsluva
10-16-2009, 01:23 PM
"Focus on his business"? What, is he a greeter at Walmart?

WildcardManu
10-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Nevertheless, Marbury said he is surprised others want to watch the Knicks.

"I'm just talking as a fan and New Yorker who grew up loving the Knicks: why would I give you my money to watch them?" Marbury told The Post. "This is atrocious. Guys coming down court, just raising up 3-pointers from anywhere. The coaching is horrible. What kind of coaching is this?

"If they shoot like that in the game, imagine how they shoot in practice. New Yorkers deserve better decisions form the front office and New York City has to deal with this mess."

Just like they gave up money to watch him ballhog.

TFloss32
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
"Keep building my empire..." was my favorite line.

BlackBellamy
10-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Another installment of Stephon Marbury has diarrhea of the verbal variety. Ok so, Marbury goes to New York with an inflated salary and becomes a major part of why the Knicks franchise has remained laughable for so long (if nothing else for being paid mad duckets to sit). Then, he attempts to shuffle blame to D'Antoni, when he knows for a fact that his years there were some of the worst in Knicks memory. It's not like the last two years all of the sudden the club started to capsize. If anything he is attempting to butter up Knicks fans, so he can go to a basketball game in the Garden and not get booed (good luck with that). I'd love to be there for the reaction, when his mug is put on the jumbotron. The only way Marbury is coming back to the NBA is as halftime entertainment. He could dance around to Barbie girl and eat some vaseline. It's amazing to see how much of a joke this once "good" player has devolved into. What the hell happened Steph? Get some goddamned therapy.

BlackBellamy
10-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Marbury had too much pride to take the Vet minimum. If Allen Iverson can play for the Grizzlies, Starbury can take the vet mnimum....especially to get on a winning team like the Celtics.

Starbury still hasn't learned from his Minnesota mistake, it's still all about the money.

The only position the Lakers are critically shallow at seems to be the point. Would you in LaLa Land want Starbury?

Allanon
10-16-2009, 02:52 PM
The only position the Lakers are critically shallow at seems to be the point. Would you in LaLa Land want Starbury?

Most Laker fans probably wouldn't but I would want him at Point. Say what you will of Starbury's attitude but I think he's still one of the most talented PG's in the NBA.

With Phil as coach, I don't worry about headcase players.

Donkeybong
10-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Most Laker fans probably wouldn't but I would want him at Point. Say what you will of Starbury's attitude but I think he's still one of the most talented PG's in the NBA.

did you see him last year on the celts. The guy is done. He shouldn't even be allowed to sniff the NBA anymore. Ship his ass to Europe.

BlackBellamy
10-16-2009, 03:00 PM

I agree, that he would seem to be a good fit (for the right price, which seems fully reasonable) at a position were the Lakers are lacking in talent. Two things would concern me, you couldn't run him as a starter 'cause he'd eat way too many shots, and you have to keep him motivated to get any production, which would be extremely hard to do with him on the bench (case in point, the lack of any sort of flashes of once greatness while in Boston). I really don't know where this clown could possibly be utilized on a contending team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-16-2009, 03:19 PM

Because Phil wants nothing to do with them, especially when they're ball dominating PG's who need an offense run through them.

Marbury might be nuts and loony, but he is right. The Knicks should be embarrassed by last season and the fans should have some dignity and not be so lenient with the team merely because "they might get Lebron in a year". If I was a fan of a team who's defense was so bad that Kobe and Lebron decide to have a "Which one can have a better night against us this week" contest and scored like they were being defended by some kids at their summer camp, my response wouldn't, "Cool, hopefully Lebron will come here if we keep letting him drop 50."

Regardless of whether or not they want Lebron, Antoni and Walsh had no reason to turn the Knicks into the neighborhood trick who craves attention so much that she's willing to fuck a complete stranger in order to get it. One of the NBA's most storied franchises should have more dignity than that, and, figuratively speaking, they should also not be so stupid to think that the guy ever ends up marrying the annoying girl who he's only fucking because of how easy she is.

Morg1411
10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
lol Marbury. What a fucking joke.

Jeremy
10-17-2009, 01:36 AM
My favorite part was "I'm...doing what Michael Jordan did," :lol

Technique
10-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Hope I don't see him at the game.

xellos88330
10-17-2009, 02:52 AM
I actually like his shoes. They are cheap as hell and man they fit me pretty good. They are pretty ugly though. But whenever I score on someone, they get picked on because they were schooled by not only a short guy, but one wearing ugly fuckin shoes.

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2009, 03:26 AM
love is love right?

Culburn369
10-17-2009, 03:52 AM
did you see him last year on the celts. The guy is done.

Precisely.

wanggi
10-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Donkeybong http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3748906#post3748906)

did you see him last year on the celts. The guy is done.

When Kobe raped the white girl in Colorado, his wife's done.:lol

Culburn369
10-17-2009, 08:35 AM
When Kobe raped the white girl in Colorado, his wife's done.

No, she took Kobe to the woodshed and they've been living happily ever after.

exstatic
10-17-2009, 10:12 AM

Word. He bought her a ring with a stone so big a gorilla couldn't lift it, and it was all good.

Culburn369
10-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Word. He bought her a ring with a stone so big a gorilla couldn't lift it, and it was all good.

You stupid ass, you. You can't buy that kind of a ring "off the rack."

PDXSpursFan
10-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Marbury is crazy, but he's right about the Knicks mess.

wanggi
10-17-2009, 07:36 PM

Yup, She imagined Kobe's Karl Malone when She told him raping her in the same way Kobe did to Colorado girl.

Donkeybong
10-17-2009, 07:58 PM
wanggi's comments are too embarrassing to reply to. It's like trying to explain noun-verb agreement to a person who can't read.

mojorizen7
10-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Yeah, Marbury has backed himself into a corner with a straight jacket. What a loon.
However, anytime somebody's willing to publicly take shots at D'Umbtoni's one-trick-pony,gimmicky offense I'm all ears....... and this story put a big fat fucking smile on my face.
:lol

Basketballgirl25
10-18-2009, 04:20 PM
the fans should have some dignity and not be so lenient with the team merely because "they might get Lebron in a year".

And this is why Knick fans piss me off. They all are like oh we are getting Lebron. I'm a Net fan, so I know some Net fans think Lebron will come if we go to Brooklyn, but not all us think that

Agloco
10-19-2009, 05:04 PM
You stupid ass, you. You can't buy that kind of a ring "off the rack."

No one gives a fuck where he got the ring from. For all intents and purposes, his wife bent him over and took it out of his ass.

lol Kobe pwned x2