PDA

View Full Version : OK..so I just got off the phone with this guy who threatened me...

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 02:43 PM
People are fucking retarded. OK, as some of you know, I have a recording studio business. I had this hip hop artist come in about the age of 20...not bad. Anyway, he was signed to an independent label, but wanted to record a few tracks for some local people down here, so he came to my studio. He wanted to do a set of 12 tracks over a small period of time. He came to my house, gave me the money, and got in the booth. We finished a track, both agreed it was good, and left it at that. He said he'd be back in a couple of days to do some more. Well, he called me the next day and said his label did not allow him to record at a studio that they were not affiliated with, so he wouldn't be able to record anymore, and could he get his money back. I said, well yeah, all but the cost of the one day of recording. So I told him to email me his address and I'd send him his money asap. He said he didn't have a computer, but he'd text it to me. I said ok. Then I waited for the text...and waited....and waited. No text. I called him back and asked him to tell me over the phone, he said no...he wanted to text it, but he'd forgotten, and he'd do it that night...still got no text. So I figured he'd text it to me when he was good and ready. This was about 3 weeks ago. This morning..his dad...yes, his DAD called me cussing me out because I haven't sent his money...this was the conversation.
Guy's dad - Is this Brannon
Me - Yes it is
Guy's dad - Where's my fucking refund?
Me - Excuse me?
Guy's dad - my son couldn't record the 12 tracks and we still haven't seen the money for the time he didn't spend. You don't know how to run a business..I run the Hyatt..blah blah blah...Where's my fucking money?
Me - I never received your fucking address to send it. If you give it to me, I'll mail it to you today.
Guy's dad - Don't give me that smart ass attitude..you're speaking to a grown man
Me - So are you, and I never got your fucking address, so how am I supposed to send you your fucking money? See, I can curse too?
Guy's dad - This is my address (gives it to me). Send me my fucking money today or else.
Me - Or else what?
Guy's dad - You don't want me to show up at your door.
Me - Trust me, you don't want to show up at my door.
Guy's dad - I'll be there with two SAPD officers.
Me - Interesting, because I live in New Braunfels, considering they have no jurisdiction, that would be great. Besides..what the hell are they going to do?
Guy's dad - They'll arrest you.
Me - (I'm laughing my ass off at this point) Arrest me? Arrest me for what? And how is an SAPD officer going to arrest me in New Braunfels?
Guy's dad - They're on my payroll.
Me - LMAO...so they're going to put their jobs on the line for you? That's believable. I'll just make sure my cousin, who's a state trooper, and does have jurisdiction here, is with me so he can shut their fucking mouths and get you guys out of my fucking driveway.
Guy's dad - ::silence:: (then finally) Don't argue with me.
Me - Then don't give me this police bullshit. I'm sending your money today..you would have had it a long time ago if your son had given me your fucking address...so go cuss at him...

::click:: I hung up. Fucking idiots...I swear...

BacktoBasics
10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
This is what you get for dealing with the blacks.

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 02:46 PM
This is what you get for dealing with the blacks.
lol...he was white...

TheMACHINE
10-16-2009, 02:46 PM
you should wipe ur shit all over the check buahaha

Dr. Gonzo
10-16-2009, 02:47 PM
A white rapper recording at a studio in New Braunfels. He's really street. You better watch your back.

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 02:47 PM
A white rapper recording at a studio in New Braunfels. He's really street. You better watch your back.
lol..well he's from San Antonio, but that's not the point. He wasn't that bad of a rapper, but he was hardly street...hence having daddy call me.

BacktoBasics
10-16-2009, 02:48 PM
lol...he was white...
Well in that case you should have told him it was non-refundable.

Spursfan092120
you should wipe ur shit all over the check buahaha
lol...should have put SARS on that bitch...but seriously, I mailed it out already...I'm a business man..I don't fuck with people's money...but that dude pissed me off.

spurs_fan_in_exile

They roll hard in tha eight-three-oh, dawg!

BacktoBasics
10-16-2009, 02:49 PM
They roll hard in tha eight-three-oh, dawg!Plus they're good at writing angry letters.

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Plus they're good at writing angry letters.
:lmao:lmao

symple19
10-16-2009, 02:51 PM

geeeyuh. He might bring his crew. On the real tip

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/rockcandy/Image/MC-Serch-01.jpg

PM5K
10-16-2009, 02:52 PM
How much did he pay you?

BacktoBasics
10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
and

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x254/jessgatto/breakin.jpg

thispego
10-16-2009, 02:54 PM
brannon? lol

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 02:56 PM
brannon? lol
really? we're laughing at names now?

PM5K
10-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Did your mom fuck up and put an N instead of a D, or did she do that shit on purpose?

Spursfan092120
How much did he pay you?
I did $250 for 12 tracks without beats...it was a referral.

PM5K

Depends on the name...

BacktoBasics
When did we stop?

IronMexican
Don't give him any money back.

Spursfan092120
Did your mom fuck up and put an N instead of a D, or did she do that shit on purpose?
dick move.

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Don't give him any money back.
already sent it. As a business man, I don't fuck with people's money. That's one thing I won't do. Two things you don't fuck with...people's family, and their money.

PM5K
10-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't be in any hurry to send him his shit back, cops don't do shit for civil cases.

That has to be my biggest pet peeve, when people threaten to call the cops over shit cops can't do shit about.

PM5K
10-16-2009, 03:00 PM
already sent it. As a business man, I don't fuck with people's money. That's one thing I won't do. Two things you don't fuck with...people's family, and their money.

You fuck with my business and I'll fuck with your money, family, and your dog motherfucker.

lebomb
10-16-2009, 03:01 PM
lol...he was white...

................. :lmao B2B fuckin OWNED!!! :fro

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 03:01 PM
You fuck with my business and I'll fuck with your money, family, and your dog motherfucker.
Yeah..but I'd rather have idiots off my back...it's not like I don't have the money, so I went ahead and sent it.

PM5K
10-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Good move, you're obviously a level headed businessman, I wish I could say the same for myself, I'm far too petty...

Spursfan092120
10-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Good move, you're obviously a level headed businessman, I wish I could say the same for myself, I'm far too petty...
lol...thanks..the last thing I need is for someone in a big city like San Antonio who's connected to an indy label to be throwing slander around about me..that's not good for the business..

DannyT
10-16-2009, 04:37 PM
I cant think of any 20 year old white rappers doing it big in San Antonio, Im curious to find out who he is and what he sounds like.

So for none referals what are your prices like per hour and per album? And where can we hear some of your work?

thispego
10-16-2009, 05:05 PM
really? We're laughing at names now?

is brannon your real name or your hip hop moniker?

Sportcamper
10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Spurs Fan…You are going to need a lot more polish to survive in the recording industry…

Why don’t you go rent Boogie Nights & chapter down to where Dirk Diggler tries to get his music with out paying the recoding studio owner…

Owner- This is a Y.P. not a M.P.

Dirk- What does that mean?

Owner- This happens to be your problem, not my problem…Get your money together & you can have the recording… :lol

J.T.
10-16-2009, 05:33 PM
................. :lmao B2B fuckin OWNED!!! :fro

UTSA boy has no right to say anyone else got owned for the rest of his existence. Ya'll pretty much sat there and watched as we scored touchdown after touchdown on you.

timvp
10-16-2009, 05:36 PM
A 20-year-old white kid without a computer? I thought those were extinct.

Seriously though, are you sure you just didn't cuss out Pop? He has a son who is a rapper. For real.

dirk4mvp
10-16-2009, 05:41 PM
UTSA boy has no right to say anyone else got owned for the rest of his existence. Ya'll pretty much sat there and watched as we scored touchdown after touchdown on you.

bleedorangeandblue tried a blitz heavy attack at least.

thispego
10-16-2009, 05:52 PM
spurs fan…you are going to need a lot more polish to survive in the recording industry…

why don’t you go rent boogie nights & chapter down to where dirk diggler tries to get his music with out paying the recoding studio owner…

owner- this is a y.p. Not a m.p.

dirk- what does that mean?

owner- this happens to be your problem, not my problem…get your money together & you can have the recording… :lol

dont you ever butcher boogie nights qoutes on my fuckin forum ever again

BlackSwordsMan
10-16-2009, 06:26 PM
anyone famous record in your studio?

Summers
10-16-2009, 06:42 PM
People who say they're going to call the cops or beat your ass won't. I've been threatened with both a few times in my job (yeah, men threatening to come over and beat a woman's ass... that's real smooth). They do it to scare you because they're hoping you're as big a pussy as they are. If I were going to actually beat someone's ass, I wouldn't warn them. Nonetheless, do the right thing professionally and ethically and send his money back as soon as you can. The sooner he stops harrassing you, the better.

CuckingFunt
10-16-2009, 06:47 PM
When I was in property management, people would often threaten to call code enforcement on us or sue the office over silly shit. I used to love the reaction when I provided them with phone numbers and referrals.

EricB
10-16-2009, 06:48 PM
A 20-year-old white kid without a computer? I thought those were extinct.

Seriously though, are you sure you just didn't cuss out Pop? He has a son who is a rapper. For real.

I call BS.

JJ Hickson
10-16-2009, 06:50 PM
lol Brannon

Summers
10-16-2009, 07:00 PM
When I was in property management, people would often threaten to call code enforcement on us or sue the office over silly shit. I used to love the reaction when I provided them with phone numbers and referrals.

Right? My favorite is "I'm going to call my lawyer." Really? You haven't paid rent in 2 months, but you have a lawyer? Well, then, please have him explain realty law to you and then pack your shit and get out. But what I say instead is, "Well, we have one, too, so if you want his number, let me know."

lebomb
10-16-2009, 07:17 PM

I didnt throw the race card out there dip shit. So STFU T-shirt fan. B2B does that shit in a lot of his threads. He has said shake a black baby numerous times, someone needs to shake his never happy ass, or at least send him to anger management.

J.T.
10-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I didnt throw the race card out there dip shit. So STFU T-shirt fan. B2B does that shit in a lot of his threads. He has said shake a black baby numerous times, someone needs to shake his never happy ass, or at least send him to anger management.

lol utsa

Cry Havoc
10-16-2009, 08:18 PM
KGEdz5sQ1jE

DPG21920
10-16-2009, 10:36 PM
lol...thanks..the last thing I need is for someone in a big city like San Antonio who's connected to an indy label to be throwing slander around about me..that's not good for the business..

Bad news is that they are going to do that anyways. Even though it seems like you did right, the fact that his dad had to call and you got into a cussing match leads me to believe they won't be singing your praises.

Not fair, but the way things work.

Spursfan092120
10-17-2009, 09:52 AM
is brannon your real name or your hip hop moniker?
I'm sorry..I don't have a "hip hop monikor." I have a recording studio, I'm not a rapper.

BacktoBasics
10-17-2009, 09:57 AM
I didnt throw the race card out there dip shit. So STFU T-shirt fan. B2B does that shit in a lot of his threads. He has said shake a black baby numerous times, someone needs to shake his never happy ass, or at least send him to anger management.I don't have anger issues.

Spursfan092120
10-17-2009, 09:58 AM
anyone famous record in your studio?
no..it's not a bigtime recording studio or anything...just something small I put together in an extra bedroom. The sound is really good though. I've had two guys get indie record deals from the recordings they did in my studio. I'm good with effects and whatnot. Problem is, my studio is not as good on instruments as it is on vocals, so if someone other than a hip hop artist is going to record here, I urge them against it. I'm still working on some things to make instruments record better, but as of now, I'm a lot better on vocals than anything else.

Spursfan092120
10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Bad news is that they are going to do that anyways. Even though it seems like you did right, the fact that his dad had to call and you got into a cussing match leads me to believe they won't be singing your praises.

Not fair, but the way things work.
naw...I don't think this guy is going to do that. I gave him a call last night to find out what the fuck happened, and he said he didn't even know his dad was going to do that. Apparently it was his dad's money he used, and his dad didn't know the whole situation...oh well...what's done is done.

Spursfan092120
10-17-2009, 10:00 AM
People who say they're going to call the cops or beat your ass won't. I've been threatened with both a few times in my job (yeah, men threatening to come over and beat a woman's ass... that's real smooth). They do it to scare you because they're hoping you're as big a pussy as they are. If I were going to actually beat someone's ass, I wouldn't warn them. Nonetheless, do the right thing professionally and ethically and send his money back as soon as you can. The sooner he stops harrassing you, the better.
Yeah..I sent him his money immediately, and don't worry, I called his bluff...he wasn't going to do shit.

Spursfan092120
10-17-2009, 10:07 AM
I cant think of any 20 year old white rappers doing it big in San Antonio, Im curious to find out who he is and what he sounds like.

So for none referals what are your prices like per hour and per album? And where can we hear some of your work?
He's not doing it big..he's just somewhat talented, and I found out the indie label thing was bullshit last night. I'm still trying to figure out exactly where my prices stand. I work better with people I know...don't have a set price. Like I said earlier, my studio is best for hip hop because instruments have a problems with the program I purchased, so I steer clear of everything else. I used to have an actual indy record label, but I stay away from that now...too much for someone who already has a job, but I got out of the business...and it's been a while so I'm trying to get my name out there again...I'm helping out a couple of guys right now that I think have a lot of potential...we'll see what happens.

Fabbs
10-17-2009, 10:22 AM
The kid and his daddy sound gangsta.
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2812/wiggasjamiekennedy7eh.jpg

Wild Cobra
10-17-2009, 10:49 AM
So now you have a track that you own, because it wasn't paid for, right?

Spursfan092120
10-17-2009, 03:03 PM
So now you have a track that you own, because it wasn't paid for, right?
No..I made him pay for the track and the day of work...and $20 as a penalty for canceling an agreement.

MiamiHeat
10-17-2009, 03:51 PM
You could consider adding a stipulation to your dealings that states there will be no refunds once recording has commenced.

chode_regulator
10-17-2009, 04:24 PM

quit crying...isn't it time for you to go make a thread about a woman's ass that you will never see or a thread about comparing two hot chicks that everyone already knows are hot?

edit:preemptive comeback to what I already know youre going to say....yes of course you are right and will get more tail than i could ever hope to and you are the greatest pimp ever.....EVAH!!!

chode_regulator
10-17-2009, 04:25 PM
oh yeah
all this over 250 bucks? I've wiped my ass with more than that before. I was thinking this was over at least a G.

Mavs_man_41
10-17-2009, 04:55 PM
oh yeah
all this over 250 bucks? I've wiped my ass with more than that before. I was thinking this was over at least a G.

well aren't you just a big balla

chode_regulator
10-17-2009, 11:32 PM
well aren't you just a big balla

:lol
That's my point. I mean thats not a lot of money no matter how you slice it to be getting all bent out of shape over.
It just isn't.
I was literally thinking when I started reading this thread that there was thousands of dollars here. I guess I don't know what it costs to record 12 tracks of music, I just assumed it would be more than 20 bucks a song.

alamo50
10-18-2009, 02:16 AM
I wouldn't even have called him asking for the address he hadn't given you.
Unbelievable his DAD made the call. He should know what a loser his son is....oh wait, he can't see it because he is exactly the same.