PDA

View Full Version : Bargain tickets for college students

Mel_13
10-16-2009, 03:57 PM
New promotion:

Hey San Antonio-area college students: put down your books for the night and come out to see your Spurs at the AT&T Center. If any tickets are available at 10 a.m. on a game day, the Spurs will announce availability via text message, Facebook, Twitter, and on this page. Starting one hour before a game, you can get a seat in the H-E-B Fan Zone for just $5, or a lower-level seat for just $30. You'll even have money left over for ramen and pizza! Just present your college ID at the AT&T Center box office, and you'll be enjoying the best study break in town. If you get to the box office and the game is sold out, you can still purchase a $5 standing room only ticket or a Spurs College Rush ticket for the next available home game. There are plenty of ways to check on ticket availability, just click on the icons below to get started.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/college_rush.html

10-16-2009, 04:01 PM
i wish i lived in san antonio...

rayray2k8
10-16-2009, 04:05 PM
a sweet deal, but I wonder where the seats actually are...

Mel_13
10-16-2009, 04:11 PM
a sweet deal, but I wonder where the seats actually are...

The cheapest lower-level tickets have a face value of $68, so worst case scenario is last row on the baseline for less than half price. Best tickets will probably be available for Mon-Thur games against bad teams.

koriwhat
10-16-2009, 04:29 PM
tight!

angelbelow
10-16-2009, 04:43 PM
awesome..

ShoogarBear
10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Sweet deal. Is this on for the whole year?

If you get to the box office and the game is sold out, you can still purchase a $5 standing room only ticket or a Spurs College Rush ticket for the next available home game.

Holy HemisFair, Batman! They still sell those???

sa_kid20
10-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Sweet deal. Is this on for the whole year?

Holy HemisFair, Batman! They still sell those???

I think this is gonna be he first year of standing room only at the AT&T. I was talking to this usher at the game on Wednesday and he was saying that they are turning the area where the Fan Fiesta used to be into a Club 200 Cafe and the walk way in front of it was gonna be an area where people could stand and watch the game. He didn't say it was specifically for standing room only tickets but i'm assuming that's what he meant because there isn't really any other area of the Arena where they could do it.

ShoogarBear
10-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Five Dollar SRO Tickets?

Youngstas, there is NO reason to not ever go to a Spurs game. Some of the best times ever were with SRO seats at the old HemisFair. :tu

Are those available for every game, or just the ones that are sold out?

sa_kid20
10-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm not really sure. I don't know if it's just gonna be something they offer people if the game is sold out or if it's an every game thing. I don't see why they wouldn't offer it for every game though.

Destro
10-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Standing room only use to mean if you see an empty seat its your, think they'll still do that?

BrianBird
10-16-2009, 07:39 PM
I wonder if this applies to a former Texas State graduate who had the foresight to hang on to his college ID?? Any stips about which area schools are excepted?

Dro210
10-16-2009, 08:44 PM
I wonder if this applies to a former Texas State graduate who had the foresight to hang on to his college ID?? Any stips about which area schools are excepted?

I would think any college ID would work. Plenty of SA kids going to school out of city/state and come back to visit. I don't think they would exclude them.

lurker23
10-16-2009, 11:01 PM
New promotion:
Starting one hour before a game, you can get a seat in the H-E-B Fan Zone for just $5, or a lower-level seat for just $30. You'll even have money left over for ramen and pizza!

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/college_rush.html

Are they going to start selling ramen at the arena? If so, will it cost $5.00?

braeden0613
10-16-2009, 11:05 PM
gahhhh i hate college station

makedamnsure
10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Who lives in Austin that would like to make a roadtrip to San Antonio for a game?

Dizzle
10-23-2009, 07:22 AM
This is so badass

Spurlady
10-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Can you get two tickets per ID or just one? My husband is in school and I wondered if he could buy two so that we could both go--if not I would let him occasionally attend without me. Can't beat those prices.