PDA

View Full Version : Champions Online

xellos88330
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Champions Online MMORPG. I think this game is fun as hell. Ain't nothing like seeing 2 superbeings named 'Canadian Rocket' and 'Captain Denmark' slug it out in PvP. This is a superhero game btw. You cannot be a villain yet but you can create your very own personal arch enemy. Pretty cool.

As far as content, it is lacking but is releasing new stuff on the 27th. The combat can be a bit unbalanced at times and will require a bit of a learning curve to really figure out which powers are effective and which arent. If you are good... they ALL are effective. PvP is limited, but intense. You never know what kind of powers you will be facing off against.

Canadian Rocket won btw.

This game gets a thumbs up from me and is a breath of fresh air from your typical grind it out MMORPG.

spursncowboys
10-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Is it free?

xellos88330
10-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Sadly no. I think it is worth it though. They might have free trials.

phyzik
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Cancelled my subscription last night. Once you get over the honeymoon you begin to realize how little content their is. It was much better in beta than it is now.

xellos88330
10-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Cancelled my subscription last night. Once you get over the honeymoon you begin to realize how little content their is. It was much better in beta than it is now.

Not sticking around for the 27th?

phyzik
10-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Not sticking around for the 27th?

They ruined it with the launch day patch. Nothing they do will make me go back except reverting back to what it was before launch. If you played beta, you would know how much they fucked up the game with the launch day patch.

During beta I FELT like a super hero... Now, I feel like a side-kick. In a game where we are promoted as super heroes but can barely beat a semi-boss, that "gloss" is gone. We have been demoted from Batman to Robin in terms of power.

That is NOT a superhero game to me. Now Im not asking to be all-powerfull like Superman, but they had it just right before release. They fucked it up, making it harder, because they didnt have any content. That is their biggest mistake.

It was a nice design as far as combat/graphics/story. They just didnt have enough.

Nevermind the fact that there really isnt shit to do... It's just not engaging enough.

you will either learn how sad this game is or you will stick with it through thick and thin. Maybe if they make it like it was in beta I might rejoin. Until then, its a bullshit game.

If you like the game, all power to you, but it justn doesnt have that "it" factor for me. It lacks.... something.