PDA

View Full Version : The year in review

angel_luv
04-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Is anyone besides me a little emotional about the regular season coming to an end. I've had a tremendous Spurs year. The only thing missing is the trophy and parade, which hopefully isn't far off. =)

I'm both confident and nervous about the play offs. After Saturday, the only thing that is certain is the boys will play four more games. From that point until the start of the next series, our season could end any night.

I understand that we can't proceed unless we move forward. I am excited about the possibilities, but also a little afraid. I'm just not ready to say goodbye to this great year yet. You know?

samikeyp
04-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I have a feeling the excitement is just about to be being.

boutons
04-15-2005, 02:15 PM
My euphoria of June 03 carried all the way through May 04. Last Mar/Apr/May, I was higher than a kite, pre-occupied, and thinking I needed professional help! :lol

The crash was as equally low after Game 6 vs Lakers as the high was before. ouch!

This year, I'm calmer, through no effort of my own, just more detached. Maybe it's defensive after the disappointment last May. That's why I've been watching for weaknesses, the tests failed, during this season (while enjoying the strength's) that I missed last season that might have foretold the dramatic, historic collapse vs Lakers.

Another end-of-season let-down is the end of NBA League Pass next Wednesday. (At least Grande didn't make me pay for it again, when I switched from T-W a couple weeks ago.)

bigbendbruisebrother
04-15-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm actually relieved the regular season will be over soon for two reasons:

1. No more back to backs, which means Manu will go apeshit each and every game.

2. We won't see letdowns like Utah. Say what you will about the Spurs needing Pop to get them pumped for shitty teams. That won't be an issue in the playoffs. The Spurs will bring it hard each and every game because they know they're treading on thin ice.

No need to worry about Tim finding his groove after the Utah game. 17 points in 20 minutes on 6 of 7 shooting.

The main concern I have now is that unless Rasho is back full strength in the first round, our interior defense is more vulnerable with Tim having difficulty with quick cutting and lateral movement. Hopefully Nazr will be a quick study on defense now that he's getting more PT.

Rummpd
04-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Spurs get all the luv. I am predicting a title but realize we are but one foot under a certain great player (and would not be surprised to see that tactic) away from a sublime season. This season has already been the best and worst of times. It is just too bad that we did not get to see if the Spurs without major injuries to their bigs woul have rolled into playoffs.

Silver lining is that players got time and this Spurs team should be motivated and ready to go after a title.

Everyone yawning about every other team, yawn. Spurs healthy and play their way no one can beat them.

MadDog73
04-15-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm excited and a little nervous (wouldn't be exciting if I wasn't).

The only thing I wish was that the Lakers were playing, so we could sweep Kobe.

But maybe Shaq will make it the Finals, and that will be even better!