PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Rams

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 01:00 PM
If they don't win today, it's time to trade Stephen Jackson. Every year, they waste the ability of arguably a top 2 running back who could actually be on a good team not having to deal with a horrible offensive line and 8-9 players in the box. Averaging over 4 yards a carry on that team deserves a medal.

gaKNOW!blee
10-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Steven.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Whatever.

exstatic
10-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Whatever.

Stephen seems to be handling his own trade requests, thank you very much. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Stephen seems to be handling his own trade requests, thank you very much. :lol

Well Steven needs to start acting more like Stephen :lol

mojorizen7
10-19-2009, 01:39 AM
I'd be in favor of this but according to multiple sources and capologist's.....the RAMS don't have the cap room to make this work. Not impossible, but very very difficult.
SJax is in the second year of a six-year, $44.805 million contract.

The RAMS aren't going to be any good for a couple years and i'm afraid SJ might be broken down by then so I'd be in favor of moving him for multiple picks/players etc...but i seriously doubt this will go down.

Then there's this, which was written 2 days ago:
Jackson not clamoring to escape losing Rams

He plays on a blatantly rebuilding team which has lost 15 consecutive games, and he’s a 26-year-old running back on pace for a 1,443-yard season.

Steven Jackson can do the grisly math, and that’s why he wasn’t especially caught off guard Thursday night when I asked him if he thought the St. Louis Rams might deal him to another team before Tuesday’s NFL trading deadline – which, incidentally, is the one-year anniversary of their last victory.

”It really wouldn’t surprise me,” Jackson said. ”A couple of years ago I saw Isaac Bruce(notes) get let go and end up on the 49ers, and I realized anything is possible in this business. So I just put my head down and play hard and try to win games for the St. Louis Rams – and I want to be a St. Louis Ram for as long as they’ll have me.

”At the same time, I’m very aware of the business side of this game. Last year, I went through a holdout, so I learned all about the business side first-hand. If I get that phone call that I’ve been shipped out, I’ll roll with it. But I’ve laid a lot of groundwork here and I think we’re turning it around, and I’d like to reap the benefits when we do.”

Jackson had 84 rushing yards against the Vikings last week.

Jackson, who’s fourth in the NFL with 451 rushing yards despite playing for the league’s 28th-ranked offense, is understandably frustrated. But he’s also convinced that first-year coach Steve Spagnuolo is in the process of building a winner.

”I’ve really bought into the direction of this team,” Jackson said. ”For guys to want to follow a leader, you have to give them a vision – you have to show them the way. I believe Coach Spags has that GPS for a winning franchise.”

Jackson isn’t basing his faith in Spagnoulo on the first-year coach’s prior success as the New York Giants’ defensive coordinator, saying, ”I’ve played for a lot of coaches here, and they all had impressive track records – so no, that alone isn’t reason to buy in. But I see a team that’s learning how to be disciplined and mentally sharp, and although we’re not scoring, this team is actually a better team than we’ve had for the last couple of seasons.

”It’s kind of like when you clean your closet out. You’ve got to make a bigger mess before you get organized. That’s what we’re going through right now.”

The problem is that, as Spagnuolo tidies up, Jackson is getting pummeled. Last week, in the midst of a 38-10 beat down by the Vikings, the halfback actually provoked sympathy from his opponents. ”I was down,” he recalled, ”and some Vikings came over and picked me up off the ground. They were like, ‘Are you OK, man?’ Like they felt bad for me. Talk about a low point.”

As he forges ahead toward his fifth consecutive 1,000-yard rushing season, Jackson envisions the bright future that he believes awaits the struggling Rams.

”When we turn it around, man, it’ll be so great,” he said. ”I just hope I’m not washed up when it happens.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjE0BC5qt_SGfMUNtgVGNkFDubYF?slug=ms-thegameface101609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns