PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Bird set to go at end of season

duncan228
10-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Sources: Bird set to go at end of season (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/sources_bird_set_to_go_at_end_of_KGhrbzImxDofoCvhQ O87NI)
Peter Vecsey

Agreed, it's hard to imagine Larry Bird walking away from a multi-million contract that has one year remaining after this one. Nevertheless, two NBA management sources, one inside the Pacers organization and one former employee whose initials are not D.W., contend the team president will call it quits at the season's conclusion -- citing health and lack-of-enjoyment issues.

That eventuality seemingly explains why Jim O'Brien recently was given a contract extension. It's reasonable Bird would take financial care of his coach because a new boss probably would look to make an immediate change, the way Bird did when he fired Isiah Thomas and hired Rick Carlisle.

Except that doesn't make sense, at least not if you believe those in the know who claim Bird believes the Pacers need a fresh approach and a young coach who is relatively on the same wavelength as the new breed of players.

One thing's for sure, "Our players were sick when they heard about the extension," someone on the scene accentuated.

This leads me to believe Bird took care of O'Brien for a job well done last season knowing he's going to fire him should the team get off to a horrible start.

Culburn369
10-18-2009, 01:48 PM
He can join his buddy McHale in the loser's circle.

I still recall f'k nut Vecsey standin' in the Staples basement after it was over tryin' to get Bird's Pacers somehow/someway to be the victor. Uh, uh.

Muser
10-18-2009, 01:54 PM
He can join his buddy McHale in the loser's circle.

I still recall f'k nut Vecsey standin' in the Staples basement after it was over tryin' to get Bird's Pacers somehow/someway to be the victor. Uh, uh.

But Kobe rang sans/daddy and you got your 15th, so it's all good right?

iggypop123
10-18-2009, 02:11 PM
this idiot didnt trade oneal to the lakers when a good offer was on the table. he played hardball and now his franchise sucks even with granger as a star

Culburn369
10-18-2009, 02:27 PM
this idiot didnt trade oneal to the lakers when a good offer was on the table.

Lordy, that seems like 20 years ago, iggy.