PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather...

spursfan09
10-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Okay this is not really directed to Spur fans because I know what the answer will be.

This is directed to Laker fans and other fans of the NBA.

Who would you rather see win thier 5th ring? Tim or Shaq?

Culburn369
10-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Afore I came here I'd a said "Tim." But, you f'ers are real shits. Suns Fandom had warned me of your ilk, but, I had no idea they were this right.

If Daddy were elsewhere it'd be an easy pick, but, I don't want James to get straightened out in the process. I want him the suffer deep anguish and be set upon by Media before he sees the light of day.

I decline to choose.

***Luva!

KidCongo
10-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Tim, only because I don't ever want to see James win one, no joke.

LeBron>Kobe

picc84
10-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Tim.

KidCongo
10-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Spur fab looking for some dick sucking here. No Laker fan would want to see Shaq near the trophy again as it would mean LeBron would have won a ring too. The would be a double whammy they couldn't handle.

Culburn369
10-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Spur fab looking for some dick sucking here. No Laker fan would want to see Shaq near the trophy again as it would mean LeBron would have won a ring too. The would be a double whammy they couldn't handle.

It's only a single whammy, KING. Daddy never meant no serious harm in the Kobe can't ring/Sans Daddy Conspiracy. Media concocted it, put him up to it, drove it, involved comprehensive fanage in it. Daddy was only p.o'ed at Bryant for rattin' him out in CO..

spursfan09
10-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Ahhh, I didn't even factor in Lebron.

Oh and I don't have a dick to suck, so sorry to disappoint you. You know, if your in to that kind of thing.

And to be honest I'd rather Kobe win another one than Lebron.

I'm sorry but I can't stand the Lebron hype. At least Kobe's is warranted.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Asking Laker fan this question is just as biased as asking spur fan.

Dex
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Asking Laker fan this question is just as biased as asking spur fan.

So what's your answer?

Mike D
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Tim.

Class guys are the easiest to root for, and Timmy is definately a class act.

LakeShow
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Shaquille

He can win his 5th next season when he signs with the Lakers for the minimum and retires.

TheMACHINE
10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Tim....then we can see Shaq beg to be a Laker and Kobe say FUCK no.

Spursfan092120
10-19-2009, 12:22 PM

this +100000000

Allanon
10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Obviously, I want the Lakers to get the next one.

But if that doesn't happen, I'd like to see Tim hit 5 or Dirk get his. LeBron's got plenty of time to get his and Shaq can get his 5th with Kobe in a few.

23LeBronJames23
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
why ask lakers when you know almost all the laker fans hate Cavs,LeBron and Shaq

they hate Lebron because hes taking away the show from Kobe. Kobe used to be the best and now Lebron is the best and if LeBron wins a championship EVERYONE will say that LeBron is the best in nba right now. And if Cavs win championship you know that they wont stop just after 1. And thats what scares Lakers fans

Sportstudi
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM

This :tu :tu :tu

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Ahhh, I didn't even factor in Lebron.

Oh and I don't have a dick to suck, so sorry to disappoint you. You know, if your in to that kind of thing.

LeBron's hype is warranted in every way. How many #1 overall picks deliver on the hype they get, much less exceed that hype in every way?

in2deep
10-19-2009, 12:54 PM
as a spur fan it's gonna be equally painful to see:
Shaq get his 5th
Kobe get his 5th
KG get his 2nd

Sportstudi
10-19-2009, 12:54 PM
LeBron's hype is warranted in every way. How many #1 overall picks deliver on the hype they get, much less exceed that hype in every way?

I don't deny that he delivers, but I just can't stand the hype. Or changing the rules (travel) to favour him even more.

Sissiborgo
10-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Duncan! but i really want to se LeBron win one!

Culburn369
10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
and if LeBron wins a championship

But if he don't, woe be to him.

tee, hee.

23LeBronJames23
10-19-2009, 01:49 PM
But if he don't, woe be to him.

tee, hee.

but u know he will

tee, hee

Allanon
10-19-2009, 01:58 PM
My personal opinion is that LeBron had his best chance at a Ring in 2007.

With the current roster and the "win now at all costs" philosophy of the Cavs & Celtics I think it will be several years before he gets another shot at a ring.

Rumor has it that the Cavs would even take Captain Jack's $30 million salary if the rest of the offer is right.

21_Blessings
10-19-2009, 01:59 PM
This entire thread is moot since neither will win their 5th. Kobe will retire with at least 6 though.

Culburn369
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
This entire thread is moot since neither will win their 5th. Kobe will retire with at least 6 though.

I could die happy & enter my house justified.

IronMexican
10-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Shaq

iggypop123
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
i would rather see vince carter get his first ring

pauls931
10-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Probably Tim. I hate players moving around trying to get a ring.

ooshmay
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Duncan! but i really want to se LeBron win one!

NOO!!.. seriously tho. i never want to see another team other than the spurs win it. shaq, lebron, kobe.. whatever aslong as its at the spurs.

SouthTexasRancher
10-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Tim, only because I don't ever want to see James win one, no joke.

Damn, lakaluva, you the man! This is about the 5th or 6th time I've agreed with you...the world is surely coming to an end! :toast

I would rather see Kobe win another ring before I want that spoiled brat Lebron, winning one. Kobe finally won a ring without Shaq but, Lebron had to twist the Cavs mgt. collective arms to go get Shaq so he would have a chance at his first ring. And it won't happen this year either. Boston will represent the East as long as they stay healthy. The Spurs, Lakers and Celtics are loaded and all 3 understand what it takes. Lebron doesn't...it is all about him!

pauls931
10-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Damn, lakaluva, you the man! This is about the 5th or 6th time I've agreed with you...the world is surely coming to an end! :toast

I would rather see Kobe win another ring before I want that spoiled brat Lebron, winning one. Kobe finally won a ring without Shaq but, Lebron had to twist the Cavs mgt. collective arms to go get Shaq so he would have a chance at his first ring. And it won't happen this year either. Boston will represent the East as long as they stay healthy. The Spurs, Lakers and Celtics are loaded and all 3 understand what it takes. Lebron doesn't...it is all about him!

I think Stern is praying for Cleveland to win so Lebron can take Kobe's place as the NBA cash cow.

SouthTexasRancher
10-19-2009, 09:32 PM
I think Stern is praying for Cleveland to win so Lebron can take Kobe's place as the NBA cash cow.

You've got that right. Stern is fawning all over his little king, Lebron. I hope he never wins a ring.

BTW, I would hope Nash would win several rings before Lebron. Nobody in the league plays harder than Nash. Too bad he hasn't had the right mix of players/coaches to have won one, yet. Hopefully before he retires he'll get one.

SouthTexasRancher
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM

Yeah, right! I don't think so! But, since we're now talking about 6 rings...it'll be Timmy D...!

Chuck Norris Joke
10-19-2009, 09:43 PM
The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed miserably.

DPG21920
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't get the Lebron hate. He is a sick, sick basketball player. If he acted like KG, I can see hating him, but he doesn't.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't get it either. It's pretty retarded.

spursfan09
10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't "hate" lebron. Just waiting around for him to do something. I mean didn't they have the best record last year? Didn't they look like they were on a tear and going to win it? What happened? Media shoves him in our faces like they do with Kobe, but at least Kobe has done something like win 4 championships. Maybe this year will the year Lebron does something. Who knows?

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't "hate" lebron. Just waiting around for him to do something. I mean didn't they have the best record last year? Didn't they look like they were on a tear and going to win it? What happened? Media shoves him in our faces like they do with Kobe, but at least Kobe has done something like win 4 championships. Maybe this year will the year Lebron does something. Who knows?

Dumbest reasoning I've ever heard. Putting up 35, 9, and 7 in the playoffs is doing something. Replace him with anyone last year and they aren't as good and don't have that good of a record. How many people could drag that cast to the CF's? Did you see him in the Magic series last year?

Some of you people pull shit out of thin air.

SouthTexasRancher
10-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Dumbest reasoning I've ever heard. Putting up 35, 9, and 7 in the playoffs is doing something. Replace him with anyone last year and they aren't as good and don't have that good of a record. How many people could drag that cast to the CF's? Did you see him in the Magic series last year?

Yeah Dirker, like you are always pulling crap out of your ass.

BTW, just when are your Mavs ever going to win an NBA Championship? Will it be in this Century? I doubt it but, stranger things have happened.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Great post. I hope to read more.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 10:09 PM
How is that imaginary title you all boast of?

Sorry, you'll have to talk to one of the two mavs fans here who use that shtick.

SouthTexasRancher
10-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Great post. I hope to read more.

Well you should read more. Maybe it'll expand that little flea brain of yours.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Well you should read more. Maybe it'll expand that little flea brain of yours.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

pauls931
10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
You've got that right. Stern is fawning all over his little king, Lebron. I hope he never wins a ring.

BTW, I would hope Nash would win several rings before Lebron. Nobody in the league plays harder than Nash. Too bad he hasn't had the right mix of players/coaches to have won one, yet. Hopefully before he retires he'll get one.

Sigh... Me too, but you're right, the current team gives him no chance.

SouthTexasRancher
10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Then Happy Birthday. 43/??? Isn't it time you stopped fighting your sister over the Sunday Comics?

Look at it this way...maybe in another 43 years your Mavs will finally get that trophy. In fact that may be sooner than the Dallas Cowboys win another Super Bowl with that idiot coach of theirs.

SouthTexasRancher
10-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Sigh... Me too, but you're right, the current team gives him no chance.

You never know. You have to have the talent, no doubt. But, you still have to have a lot of things go your way, especially NO injuries. I think just about everyone around the league would like to see Nash get a ring. Sort of like John Stockton. You hate to see a guy play that hard for that long only to retire without the championship. There could be a fair amount of trading going on around the All Star break if these summer moves are not working out for the current contenders.

spursfan09
10-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Why do you think your going to convince me to start liking Lebron? I'll give him his due when he earns it. I even gave Kobe his due.

spursfan09
10-19-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm just not a Lebron fan. Get over it

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I could care less who you're a fan.

pauls931
10-19-2009, 10:29 PM
You never know. You have to have the talent, no doubt. But, you still have to have a lot of things go your way, especially NO injuries. I think just about everyone around the league would like to see Nash get a ring. Sort of like John Stockton. You hate to see a guy play that hard for that long only to retire without the championship. There could be a fair amount of trading going on around the All Star break if these summer moves are not working out for the current contenders.

I'll settle for a fun season.

jag
10-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't get it either. It's pretty retarded.

http://ratemyfresh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lebron-wearin-mvp-shirt.jpg

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20090401&Category=OPINION03&ArtNo=904010354&Ref=AR

http://www.nba.com/media/cavaliers/clelac_090310_001.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2009/news/features/03/05/powder.20090305/powder608.jpg

spursfan09
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
I could care less who you're a fan.

Then don't point me out for not liking a player. You know since you don't care.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 10:33 PM
http://ratemyfresh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lebron-wearin-mvp-shirt.jpg

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20090401&Category=OPINION03&ArtNo=904010354&Ref=AR

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2009/news/features/03/05/powder.20090305/powder608.jpg

There's always the option of rape, get shunned and dropped by your sponsors for a few years, then come back into the public's eyes stronger than ever.

spursfan09
10-19-2009, 10:34 PM
:vomit:

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Then don't point me out for not liking a player. You know since you don't care.

Like I said, I don't care about you being a fan or an idiot.

spursfan09
10-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Like I said, I don't care about you being a fan or an idiot.

Yeah right sure.... You don't care. Thats obvious :rolleyes

dirk4mvp
10-19-2009, 10:36 PM
It's pretty clear.

jag
10-19-2009, 10:39 PM
There's always the option of rape, get shunned and dropped by your sponsors for a few years, then come back into the public's eyes stronger than ever.

Nike confiscates Lebron camp tapes
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4315071

His demeanor is irritating, at best, and latent, raging homosexuality at worst.

KidCongo
10-19-2009, 10:42 PM
The LBJ MVP shirt was made by a fan by the way.

jag
10-19-2009, 10:46 PM
The LBJ MVP shirt was made by a fan by the way.

He should totally wear it out around the town, then.

Are fans also creating the little skits he comes up with before games??

The fact that you know they practice those things beforehand is embarrassing to say the least. I'd be embarrassed if Tony lined up all the scrubs and pretended to take family photos before a playoff game.

I can imagine what it's like to live in Cleveland though...so i understand if you don't feel the same way.

IronMexican
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM

The fact that you know they practice those things beforehand is embarrassing to say the least. I'd be embarrassed if Tony lined up all the scrubs and pretended to take family photos before a playoff game.

I can imagine what it's like to live in Cleveland though...so i understand if you don't feel the same way.

I think Behold the King is from Zimbabwe.

Greg Oden
10-19-2009, 10:48 PM

Don't you live in Tennessee? I'd be wary of calling someone out for where they live if so.

jag
10-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I think Behold the King is from Zimbabwe.

lol i assumed he and Thunder Dan were both from cle. I can't bring myself to pass on taking a shot at cleveland.

Don't you live in Tennessee? I'd be wary of calling someone out for where they live if so.

Have you ever been to Nashville or Chattanooga?

Greg Oden
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Have you ever been to Nashville or Chattanooga?

I've been to a college game in Knoxville. I saw 2 fat guys having a banjo duel and figured I'd seen all there is to see in TN.

jag
10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
I've been to a college game in Knoxville. I saw 2 fat guys having a banjo duel and figured I'd seen all there is to see in TN.

haha There's a reason i didn't name knoxville. The very same reason i've never lived there.

Def Rowe
10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Tim.

Class guys are the easiest to root for, and Timmy is definately a class act.

KidCongo
10-19-2009, 11:14 PM

So LeBron can't have fun before games now? LeBron once again getting his team-mates involved.

I can't imagine what it'd be like living in America but lets not go there.

TheSullyMonster
10-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Obviously, I want the Lakers to get the next one.

But if that doesn't happen, I'd like to see Tim hit 5 or Dirk get his. LeBron's got plenty of time to get his and Shaq can get his 5th with Kobe in a few.

Yeah, if the spurs don't get it, I'd like to see Dirk get one. Or Nash.

cobbler
10-20-2009, 03:03 AM
I'll take Tim on this one. I have respect for the Spurs organization and Tim. He's a class act. Their fans, not so much.

No way SHAQ. He doesn't deserve squat.

Allanon.... I have to disagree with you here. NO WAY Shaq ever becomes a Laker again. Never going to happen. Too many comments and the bridge has been burned. Jerry doesn't work that way.

10-20-2009, 04:50 AM
the lebron hate is pretty unjustified. so what if lebron gets a bunch of media attention? the last time i checked, the NBA is a form of entertainment. it's not like lebron isn't one of the top players either. if i could choose right now one player to build a team around, it would be james. he doesn't hog the ball and gets his teammates involved. and think about it, lebron never:

- raped a girl
- threw a teammate under a bus after getting caught to create a diversion
- feuded with teammates
- publicly asked to be traded
- threw more teammates under the bus for wanting jason kidd
- gave up during the seventh game of a playoff series
- prematurely taunted the crowd with a big balls dance shortly before mason did this
5lsrOpYVXxM

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 05:24 AM
the lebron hate is pretty unjustified. so what if lebron gets a bunch of media attention? the last time i checked, the NBA is a form of entertainment. it's not like lebron isn't one of the top players either. if i could choose right now one player to build a team around, it would be james. he doesn't hog the ball and gets his teammates involved. and think about it, lebron never:

- raped a girl
- feuded with teammates
- prematurely taunted the crowd with a big balls dance shortly before mason did this

Yeah, but LeBron James is a racist.

Chieflion
10-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Yeah, but LeBron James is a racist.
When did that happen?

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
10-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Hey there culburn369! Wuts up wit that tee,hee? That shit sounds like a little ass kid shit. So u know what ese fuck off puto!!!!!!!!!!!

Puro san anto!!!!!!!!

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 05:35 AM
When did that happen?

A couple weeks back....it's over there, swept under the rug.

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Hey there culburn369! Wuts up wit that tee,hee? That shit sounds like a little ass kid shit. So u know what ese fuck off puto!!!!!!!!!!!

Get used to it.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
10-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Fuck u ese!!!!!!!!!!!!! F t l!!!!!!!!!!

Puro san anto 210! Puto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kamnik
10-20-2009, 06:41 AM
(As a Spurs fan) I wouldn't mind too much Shaq winning another one if for some reason Spurs wouldn't win this year.

My problem is with Lebron. I hope he never wins a ring and unfortunately Shaq falls in the same basket this year.

Sportstudi
10-20-2009, 06:41 AM
I don't get the Lebron hate. He is a sick, sick basketball player. If he acted like KG, I can see hating him, but he doesn't.

I don't hate LeBron. Agreed, he's damn sick basketball player. I just can't stand the media hype (like there aren't any other good players around) and the fact Stern stroking LeBron's nuts.

Muser
10-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Damn people are stupid, is LeBron the one hyping himself up? No, it's the Media so why don't you just hate them? By the end of his career he may well be in the top 10 players of all time, I for one will count myself lucky being able to watch someone so good.

Allanon
10-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Damn people are stupid, is LeBron the one hyping himself up? No, it's the Media so why don't you just hate them? By the end of his career he may well be in the top 10 players of all time, I for one will count myself lucky being able to watch someone so good.

I like LeBron's skills.
I like his powder toss to start games
I like the little mini-celebrations/chest bumps/high-fives/etc

I don't like that Chosen1 tattoo, but whatever

But I really hated those group pictures last year, got damn that shit was irritating. Ok, pre-game, whatever. It wasn't so bad pre-game; but they actually did it to celebrate their shots in-game too.

I hate Ray Allen but I have to agree with him that they needed to get blown out the next time.

http://www.nba.com/media/cavaliers/group2_DLK_lg.jpg

balli
10-20-2009, 08:06 AM
I like LeBron, I like the Cavs, I don't like the Spurs. I'd much rather see Tim Duncan win a title than Shaq. I like Shaq's personality and I find him funny, but I have no respect for his game and don't think he deserves to ride anymore coat-tails.

Sportstudi
10-20-2009, 08:21 AM

That's exactly my opinion. :tu (The rest of your post as well :toast). LBJ is a damn good player, hands down.

You have to admit though that for instance his "Chosen One" tattoo supports somehow that hype. If a player is so convinced about himself...

And I don't like Stern how he's making sheep's eyes at LeBron just because he's the cash cow.

Sportstudi
10-20-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't like that Chosen1 tattoo, but whatever

Who likes?

dirk4mvp
10-20-2009, 08:50 AM
damn are laker fans calling lebron out for being arrogant? That's like Clipper fan telling Bobcat fan their team is irrelevant.

HORNSWOGGLE
10-20-2009, 09:08 AM
damn are laker fans calling lebron out for being arrogant? That's like Clipper fan telling Bobcat fan their team is irrelevant.
lol dirk4mvp:lol

Muser
10-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah I dislike the tattoo and the picture shit, but if people are willing to hate him for that then why don't people hate Kobe for his big balls routine? That's pretty much aimed at Laker fans.

Maybe there's a difference between a "Chosen one" tattoo and kobes little dance but they are both detrimental.

Thunder Dan
10-20-2009, 09:23 AM
I think it's funny how some people this Lebron's window to win a ring is closing......dude is 24

The Lakers fans hating Lebron is the classic, love him if he plays on your team, hate him if he doesn't. They want Kobe to have all the attention and they can't stand that someone might be better than him. They pick Lebron apart just to nit pick, but if he was a Laker these same posters would be slobbing his knob as the best player to ever live. You really going to hate on him for a Chose 1 tattoo? Who's to say he isn't? Dude has set tons of records and won a MVP at 24 years old. At 19 he was an All Star. The guy is a phenom whether he has a ring or not is irrelevant at this point in his career. If Damon Jones had that tattoo I could see not liking it, but it's not a problem with Lebron having it when Amare is walking around with a Black Jesus tattoo and Deshawn Stevenson has a 5 Dollar Bill on his neck.

balli
10-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah, lol at not liking any professional athlete over a fucking tattoo.

Tattoos suck in general, but hell, people get 'em and they're usually shitty, it happens. No need to hate a man because of it.

sonic21
10-20-2009, 09:37 AM
if Mo williams wasn't on the cavs, i wouldn't mind Lebron winning a ring.

Maybe in 2011 with the Nets. :tu

picc84
10-20-2009, 10:00 AM

Let me preface this by saying I think Lebron is the best player in the league.

But dragging that cast to the CF's? The Pistons and the Hawks would have been the 11th and 10th seeds in the west, and the Hawks had injuries to their stars to boot. Beating Detroit and injured Atlanta is not impressive in the slightest...quite a few people could have dragged the Cavs past those teams. I thought it was crazy people were speculating if they would sweep their way to the title after the first two rounds, when the teams they beat were basically lottery clubs.

Lebrons performance vs Orlando was impressive. Beating pathetic east teams every year only to get wiped out by the first quality team they face is not. Again, best player in the L but lets not act like Cleveland was overcoming adversity.

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Lebrons performance vs Orlando was impressive.

Loitering the side door & stepping on into the alley at pressure points withstanding.

dirk4mvp
10-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Let me preface this by saying I think Lebron is the best player in the league.

But dragging that cast to the CF's? The Pistons and the Hawks would have been the 11th and 10th seeds in the west, and the Hawks had injuries to their stars to boot. Beating Detroit and injured Atlanta is not impressive in the slightest...quite a few people could have dragged the Cavs past those teams. I thought it was crazy people were speculating if they would sweep their way to the title after the first two rounds, when the teams they beat were basically lottery clubs.

Lebrons performance vs Orlando was impressive. Beating pathetic east teams every year only to get wiped out by the first quality team they face is not. Again, best player in the L but lets not act like Cleveland was overcoming adversity.

The Haws and Pistons aren't great, but they're good enough to win 1 playoff game. The fact that LeBron swept them with Mo freakin Williams as his second best player is phenomenal.

LakeShow
10-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I would rather see Lebron win a title than to see Timmie whine his way to another title.

dirk4mvp
10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
I would rather see Lebron win a title than to see Timmie whine his way to another title.

Sup rocketfan?

LakeShow
10-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Sup rocketfan?

whaddup real man?

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 12:51 PM

Food for thought.

Allanon
10-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah I dislike the tattoo and the picture shit, but if people are willing to hate him for that then why don't people hate Kobe for his big balls routine? That's pretty much aimed at Laker fans.

Maybe there's a difference between a "Chosen one" tattoo and kobes little dance but they are both detrimental.

I think that Big Balls dance is great. Sam Cassell was the master of it.

I like in-game celebrations. High Fives, Jordan shaking his head, Hip bumps, Dikembe's finger wag, etc...all cool in the moment.

But when you drag half the team out for a 10 second photo-op, that's a bit much and seems contrived.

But hey, that's just my opinion, some people might like that stuff.

picc84
10-20-2009, 01:21 PM
The Haws and Pistons aren't great, but they're good enough to win 1 playoff game. The fact that LeBron swept them with Mo freakin Williams as his second best player is phenomenal.

Maybe, maybe not. But he didnt say Lebron was great for sweeping those teams, he said how many people could "drag" the Cavs past them. As if it would have taken Michael Jordan to get by two lottery teams both dealing with major injuries.

Sorry, but I just don't think its all that phenomenal.

TheMACHINE
10-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Kobe doesnt have to convince anyone he is the one of the greatest. He doesnt have to have a CHOSEN1 tattoo...he doesnt have to wear his LBJ MVP shirt. Thats the difference between the two.

TheMACHINE
10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
the lebron hate is pretty unjustified. So what if lebron gets a bunch of media attention? The last time i checked, the nba is a form of entertainment. It's not like lebron isn't one of the top players either. If i could choose right now one player to build a team around, it would be james. He doesn't hog the ball and gets his teammates involved. And think about it, lebron never:

- raped a girl
- feuded with teammates
5lsropyvxxm
-won a championship
fify

Culburn369
10-20-2009, 01:40 PM
fify

-won a championship

sans style.

JamStone
10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Tim Duncan. I'm not a huge Duncan fan, but I definitely and completely respect what he's done in the league and how he's done it. I don't dislike Shaq though. I think he can be quite entertaining and a lot of the crap that he spits is either him trying to entertain or him being overly sensitive and trying to overcompensate with humor. But, there's no way of getting around that he's acted like a jackass plenty of times and he can be a problem in the locker room and has at times in his career been lazy and overweight where he could have easily dominated 20 times more than he did, which is pretty crazy to think.

Yes, Tim Duncan isn't the flashiest baller. He doesn't have the sexiest game. But, I still give a great amount of credit for his excellence combined with his unselfishness and professionalism. Not one of my favorite players in the league, but Duncan is certainly one of the players I respect most, and I think he deserves all the praise and accolades he can get because he earns it.

duncan228
10-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, Tim Duncan isn't the flashiest baller. He doesn't have the sexiest game. But, I still give a great amount of credit for his excellence combined with his unselfishness and professionalism. Not one of my favorite players in the league, but Duncan is certainly one of the players I respect most, and I think he deserves all the praise and accolades he can get because he earns it.

:toast

10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
fify
how is winning a championship related to the rest of my list? it's certainly not the equivalent of rape or attention whoring by publicly demanding to be traded. think please, lakerfan.

jonnybravo
10-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Tim. No doubt. Spurs never bothered me. Seemed like nice guys.
Shaq though. Just a mouth breathing dick.