View Full Version : European WC 2010 Qualification Play-Offs

sonic21
10-19-2009, 02:17 PM
...for the last 4 spots:

France vs. Ireland
Portugal vs. Bosnia
Greece vs. Ukraine
Russia vs. Slovenia

i seriously believe France will not qualify.
Domenech may be the worst coach in professional sports right now. I'm struggling to think of anyone who even comes close.

lefty
10-19-2009, 02:53 PM
...for the last 4 spots:

France vs. Ireland
Portugal vs. Bosnia
Greece vs. Ukraine
Russia vs. Slovenia

Domenech may be the worst coach in professional sports right now. I'm struggling to think of anyone who even comes close.
Domenech is awful, just awful

France is talented enough to beat Ireland, but you never know with Domenech.

Portugal will beat Bosnia, as long as they don't underestimate them, because Bosnia is not easy to play against.

Ukraine should beat Greece, but you never know with those Greeks

Russia will beat Slovenia

makedamnsure
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Let's go Ireland!

DAF86
10-19-2009, 08:44 PM
...for the last 4 spots:

France vs. Ireland
Portugal vs. Bosnia
Greece vs. Ukraine
Russia vs. Slovenia

I'm sure many Argentinians will find one.

P/S: Were the matchups decided by a draw? I find fishy that out of France, Portugal, Russia and Greece (the teams with more history and/or talent) at least two didn't draw each other. Or were there seeds?

sonic21
10-19-2009, 08:50 PM
yes, there were 4 seeds.

DAF86
10-19-2009, 08:55 PM
yes, there were 4 seeds.

Thanks.

I still don't bealive FIFA one bit though.

makedamnsure
10-20-2009, 01:44 AM
/\ neither do I.

quentin_compson
10-20-2009, 03:13 AM
France should be able to get the better of Ireland, but you never know with Domenech. I still can't believe that he survived the atrocious performance of his team at the Euro 2008.

Russia should also qualify, as should Portugal, but Bosnia is not exactly cannon fodder either. Greece vs. Ukraine could go either way, I think.

velik_m
10-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm sure many Argentinians will find one.

P/S: Were the matchups decided by a draw? I find fishy that out of France, Portugal, Russia and Greece (the teams with more history and/or talent) at least two didn't draw each other. Or were there seeds?

France, Portugal, Russia and Greece where top-seeded. The decission to have seeded draw was made at the end of the qualifiers when FIFA saw the likely playoff teams. I'm just waiting when the greedy bastards start dishing out wild-cards.