PDA

View Full Version : Come Together San Antonio, It’s SpursDay!

duncan228
10-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Spurs Announce New Marketing Campaign For 2009-10 Season
Come Together San Antonio, It’s SpursDay! (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/spursday_091019.html)

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp/spursday.jpg

SAN ANTONIO, OCTOBER 19, 2009 – Come Together, It’s SpursDay! The San Antonio Spurs today launched their new marketing and advertising campaign to capture the emotion and community spirit that makes every Spurs game day - SpursDay!

Created by the Spurs and their advertising agency The Atkins Group, the campaign compares the day-to-day life of non-game days to the energy and enthusiasm of a Spurs game day. SpursDay is about showing Spurs spirit, wearing Spurs t-shirts or jerseys, watching the games, cheering and most importantly, coming together as a community.

SpursDay will be branded throughout the city, encouraging fans to come together and show off their Spurs game day spirit. The campaign will be supported with billboards, bus wraps, television and radio spots and promotional marketing.

“There is a true difference in this town between a regular day of the week, and a Spurs game day,” said Spurs Sports & Entertainment Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Frank Miceli. “We wanted to capture the enthusiasm, spirit and community that brings fans together to celebrate every game day, and SpursDay was the perfect campaign to brand those emotions.”

Steve Atkins, President of The Atkins Group added, “I believe that with these messages, we have actually captured something that existed, but had no “handle” or identity. People in this community do feel and act differently when our Spurs are playing. That feeling changes a Tuesday, Wednesday or a Friday to a SpursDay. It is our hope that everyone will note this change and even adopt the word into their language, “Let’s get together, it’s SpursDay”

Fans can visit spurs.com, keyword SPURSDAY, to view the spots and find additional information about the campaign.

Spurs individual tickets start at $10 and can be purchased at all Ticketmaster Ticket Center locations including Macy’s and select H-E-B locations, charge by Phone at (210) 225-TEAM or online at ticketmaster.com or spurs.com. Tickets can also be purchased at the AT&T Center Southeast Box Office Monday through Friday from 8am until 6pm and weekend event days only beginning at 10am.

ManuTP9
10-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Too bad I live in Jersey.

Spursmania
10-19-2009, 02:41 PM
I readily admit, I am much more enthusiastic about a game day when I know I'll be watching the Spurs play Ball later! Food, beer and entertainment...:lol

ElNono
10-19-2009, 04:08 PM
What's with the ad agency getting pretty much as much mention as the Spurs?
Are they going 50/50 on this?