PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns win with Big D - article

FoxPerez
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
http://tinyurl.com/yhfcpzw

Before you continue to write off the Texas win over Oklahoma, consider how well their defense and special teams played...

http://tinyurl.com/yhfcpzw

Spursfan092120
10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
exactly what I was thinking.

stretch
10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
texas special teams is simply amazing

TFloss32
10-19-2009, 03:41 PM
If the Horns' special teams or defense ever has an off day, they will lose. Their anemic offense simply isn't getting better (no thanks to Greg Davis) and the rest of the team continues to improve. The disparity in coaching on either side of the ball is tremendous and very evident when you watch the Horns play. Definitely their best defense since the 2005 team.

Spursfan092120
10-19-2009, 03:47 PM
If the Horns' special teams or defense ever has an off day, they will lose. Their anemic offense simply isn't getting better (no thanks to Greg Davis) and the rest of the team continues to improve. The disparity in coaching on either side of the ball is tremendous and very evident when you watch the Horns play. Definitely their best defense since the 2005 team.
The thing about it is...they won't have an off day...period. Their offense isn't exactly anemic...you should definitely go back and look at some of the games before the last two. They've just had a couple of off weeks. Hopefully the Mizzo game will change that.

TFloss32
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
The thing about it is...they won't have an off day...period. Their offense isn't exactly anemic...you should definitely go back and look at some of the games before the last two. They've just had a couple of off weeks. Hopefully the Mizzo game will change that.

I tend to agree with you on that only because Muschamp is the defensive coordinator...how can you not get pumped up playing for that guy? Then again, you don't know that. If I was a betting man, I bet the Horns get down a score or two against Mizzou or Oklahoma St.

The only complete offensive game they've had was against UTEP. And, well...it's UTEP. They are to anemic...their playcalling is redundant to the point where you want to strangle Greg Davis and the offensive players play with no fire.

stretch
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
like ive said... i think some of it is that they have purposely dumbed their offense down to hide some stuff. they almost never even attack the deep middle, and they almost never run with colt. i think they will be doing both of those things a lot more later on if games keep getting tougher.

TFloss32
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
like ive said... i think some of it is that they have purposely dumbed their offense down to hide some stuff. they almost never even attack the deep middle, and they almost never run with colt. i think they will be doing both of those things a lot more later on if games keep getting tougher.

What are they waiting for...Florida? Alabama? Saturday was the perfect opportunity to show what they're made of and it was just the same 'ol same 'ol. Luckily the defense bailed them out about three times by knocking out Bradford and intercepting twice at the end.

Greg Davis better come with it in these next two games or they will lose. Zone read, delayed draw, sideline WR screen and rinky dink routes to Shipley aren't going to cut it.

Kermit
10-19-2009, 04:25 PM
if their offense ever gets it going, they're going ass-rape polanski style.

TFloss32
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
if their offense ever gets it going, they're going ass-rape polanski style.

This. The potential to be a very special team is there...no doubt.

The Reckoning
10-19-2009, 07:07 PM
not if their o-line continues to get manhandled

FoxPerez
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
I talk about this in the article: http://tinyurl.com/yhfcpzw

It's silly to say that with Sam Bradford in, Oklahoma would've won because Landry Jones had already played three full games for the Sooners. Plus, the defense was playing so well that Jones AND Bradford couldn't spend any time in the pocket. And when they did, they got hit HARD.

chode_regulator
10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Agreed. DAvis needs to go. He's like the old man driving in teh left lane on the freeway, doing 15 under the speed limit and just when you get all pissed off and start honking and cussin, you remember it could be your grandpa out there and back off. But goddamn that fuck can't call plays. I was literally laughing instead of getting mad at some of the shit he dialed up. I don't know what his deal is but he needs to expand teh playbook a bit.

I talk about this in the article: http://tinyurl.com/yhfcpzw

It's silly to say that with Sam Bradford in, Oklahoma would've won because Landry Jones had already played three full games for the Sooners. Plus, the defense was playing so well that Jones AND Bradford couldn't spend any time in the pocket. And when they did, they got hit HARD.

Exactly, it's not like Jones had never taken a snap before. I'm sure he had been on alert as well because no matter what people say, Bradford was not 100% otherwise that hit wouldnt' ahve taken him out.
Plus it doesn't matter who is qb when the D is in their face all game. Plus, he still threw for a shit ton of yards. Seemed like UT committed to the run and that was their plan. Do OU fans think Sam would throw for 300 and run for another 200? :blah

samikeyp
10-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Agreed. DAvis needs to go. He's like the old man driving in teh left lane on the freeway, doing 15 under the speed limit and just when you get all pissed off and start honking and cussin, you remember it could be your grandpa out there and back off. But goddamn that fuck can't call plays. I was literally laughing instead of getting mad at some of the shit he dialed up. I don't know what his deal is but he needs to expand teh playbook a bit.

This.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-19-2009, 11:55 PM
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr299/BigBird00420/9e4848f1-a649-46b2-b48b-aa2c2976e07.jpg

sto0o0o0ooo0o0oo00o0oo0000oooops

this is being hailed as the most athletic interception texas has ever had in the RRS.

Watching the replay, it was at least three times sicker than I remember.